Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader (46196 Views)

Peter Obi Is A 'roadside Politician Without Vision' - Ngige / Fayose Eating N100 Wrapped Rice By The Roadside (Photos) / Roasted Plantain Seller Campaigning For PDP In Ondo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by Holuwathoby(m): 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
kokoA:
Be careful.. Soon and I mean very soon, the poor will be so poor that they will have nothing else to eat except the flesh of the rich. . .
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by PapaBrowne(m): 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
dayowunmi:

First of all, how' do you come about the conclusion that picture of him and the boli seller was snapped by the road side? Moreover, what he banned was roadside hawking and trading! I.e people walking in traffic and knocking on your Windows to sell gala, lacasera, car charger e.t.c, there's a wall visible at the back of the pics if you look well, lastly there was no such law when he was campaigning, he made this law banning road side hawking because of a truck lost control and killed a roadside trader sometime ago and thugs rioted destroying state properties worth millions. Pls get your facts right first. Roadside trading are those selling in traffic, is it even proper for people to be selling in traffic on the express?
Dude mehn. Ignorance they say is bliss. But confident ignorance which is what you displayed is terrible.
First that law was signed in 2003.
Secondly, its not the duty of a governor to make laws as you assume, it is the duty of the House and it has a procedure which takes time.
Thirdly, you're a liar. Hawkers have never been known to rob anyone on the road. That's the fattest lie ever and it's a new low you have introduced.
Fourthly, should we also ban also ban all professions that are risk prone? We can start by banning driving on the highway since that's one risky lot. Or stop all farmers from farming since there is the risk of snake bites. Or close down all mamaputs and corn sellers because of the risk of fire.

Confident Ignorance is is terrible disease. Treat it before it leaves you helpless.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by spiralwedge(m): 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
This op needs to either go back to school or raise money to buy dictionary, because he/she does not know what HAWKERS mean.
small myopic brain.

Cc: olokeded
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by dayowunmi(m): 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
PapaBrowne:

Dude mehn. Ignorance they say is bliss. But confident ignorance which is what you displayed is terrible.
First that law was signed in 2003.
Secondly, its not the duty of a governor to make laws as you assume, it is the duty of the House and it has a procedure which takes time.
Thirdly, you're a liar. Hawkers have never been known to rob anyone on the road. That's the fattest lie ever and it's a new low you have introduced.
Fourthly, should we also ban also ban all professions that are risk prone? We can start by banning driving on the highway since that's one risky lot. Or stop all farmers from farming since there is the risk of snake bites. Or close down all mamaputs and corn sellers because of the risk of fire.

Confident Ignorance is is terrible disease. Treat it before it leaves you helpless.
Okay sir, erudite scholar, you don talk be that now! First of all, i was not aware that the law was passed in 2003 and it wasn't stated in the article as well, i don't live in Lagos so it's impossible for me to keep up with what's going on there, even at that, for the fact that it's just been signed into law now by the governor renders it effective only recently therefore the comment claiming he himself was guilty of buying by the roadside is hogwash since the law was not yet signed. Secondly, yes it is the duty of the parliament to make laws and the executive signs it to law, but yet the executive can also make decrees and policies sometimes without recourse to the parliamentary arm, if all the executive ever does have to be passed by the parliament then what does that makes the executive? Whether the law was passed in 2003 or not the governor of a state in his role as chief security officer of the state and chief administrator can make some decrees towards enhancing the safety of his constituents who are his responsibility. Where in my response did I make the claim or insinuated that roadside trading and hawking was banned because of the traders stealing from and harassing innocent motorists? I will recommend you perhaps read the response again incase you couldn't comprehend at once! Finally, I said road side trading and hawking is not proper, all the analogies you gave are totally irrelevant, it's uncivilized for people to be sharing the expressway with cars and be shoving their wares in people's faces, if we want our society to become modernized and develop, we ought to do away with such habits, no one is taking away their livelihood but it's not safe for them to stand on the express or highway hawking goods, they need to get a stand or a shop to do that. Thanks
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by Jungleluv5: 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
DrOkoroafor:
Rubbish!!! Buying from the road-side doesn't prove you're a good governor. Besides, this man is a hypocrite!
Dr abeg go back to your state.
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by kundam(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2016
never mind..This is just a freek
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by seguno2: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
Thobiy:
That was before election, road side trading is dangerious

He did not know that before the elections or what?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by mindtricks: 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
olokeded:
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode banned the sales of goods by roadside traders and hawkers yesterday but below is the photo of the Lagos state Governor patronizing a road side trader before election.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/photo-gov-ambode-buys-goods-from-road.html

It was featured here on Nairaland during the campaign era https://www.nairaland.com/2097386/ambode-stops-buy-boli-roasted

Ain't surprised. But kind of surprised many choose to be apathetic and surprised poor Nigerians haven't yet arisen to revolt against high handedness of our leaders in the face of worsening economic hardship.
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by mikolo80: 9:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
bejeiodus:
It was an election gimmick. Politicians can do anything to elicit support from the masses.
main thing is its working
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by Mekzyzeus(m): 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
ThrillmeatRep:
He is better than ponmo cutting gov.

It is painful a life was lost.
If no street hawker, such loss ll be averted
#myopinion

And you honestly think people target in life is "street hawking"?? Tis condition hun!! More so, why deny them of their source of livelihood?? Banning street hawking and leaving touts(Agberos). Odinma!!
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
But wait, what if someone needs to buy gala and chill 60cl coke inside traffic
cry cry
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by politicalpastor: 11:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
[quote author=Keneking post=47126765]Clueless[/quotey

I live in the U S and supported APC. Unknown to me that APC. Are clueless. Pls NIGERIANS. Forgive me.
Am tired of 350 to 1 dollars. That makes my family and friends live in hardship. Come 2019 i trust NIGERIANS to correct their mistake.

NIGERIANS should go back to agriculture that will also help us too. We should stop looking for a white colar job in the cities.]
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by push23: 12:53am On Jul 03, 2016
[size=38pt]Igbo[/size]
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by Kazrem(m): 3:43am On Jul 03, 2016
Aiye le ooo
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 03, 2016
DrOkoroafor:
Rubbish!!! Buying from the road-side doesn't prove you're a good governor. Besides, this man is a hypocrite!
hypocrite in the sight of Igbos
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by 0shyne: 10:00am On Jul 03, 2016
I sure knew they were heading for destruction afta destroying d BRT's...what was wrong wv peaceful protest?? D gov't wuld av heard dia cry nd perhaps help...buh they decided to take laws into dia hands nd Now they re facing d music....RIP to d dead
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by Spybradd: 10:27am On Jul 03, 2016
prof800:
She is not a street hawker na.
I heard he banned road side hawking not road side trading. That woman is not hawking she is a road side seller.
I don't think it is possible to totally ban road side selling in Lagos.
but she will 'usain bolt' whenever she and others sight Kai bus approaching.. Use ur brain nah... undecided grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Corpse Of The Pregnant Suicide Bomber Killed Today In Borno. Graphic Pics / Monica Ambrose: "I Will Bring Back Terrorism To Nigeria" – Presidential Aspirant / The New PDP Campaign Pattern (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.