Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,168 members, 7,829,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN (46799 Views)

Yusuf Ololade Faidat Of UNILORIN Clinches 19 Prizes At Convocation / Photos Of Unilorin At Night- By Jide Dosunmu / Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Of UNILORIN In Sex Scandal (Audio Clip) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by NwayinOmugwo: 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
Am not surprised! That is typical of that sch.especially with victimizing student in social science department,especially in the departments of Soc,Pos, Bus, & History. Being in that faculty already makes u a victim even if u are not in that department, they already know how to get to you especially the ladies.
Ladies have to pay with their bodies & money while the guys will pay through their nose or becoming their agents to give proper info about a lady,(so trust no one i.e room mate,buddy,best friend etc.)not even the student union what ever!
U are only free if u are the son or daughter to their colleagues, the oba or emir ,other than that u are on your own no matter how born again you are.
This is why they can't send their own children to sch.else where other than in unilorin, but no matter how long it takes ,I believe whatever goes around must surely come around just like the law of gravity.
I graduated with a 3rd class in 1992,because I refused to give up my body,nor did i have the long leg that will speak for me,but today I thank God for that decision.l am not only a successful business woman, I am also a lecturer at a renowned university in Georgia .So remain strong,do your part & have faith that u will triumph & u sure will.

5 Likes

Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
@thetruthmale, the sweatshirt distribution started today at my department (Mathematics), i guess it should be the same for other departments, go to your Level adviser and ask.

Lol, on the tab issue, being the first set to have collected (2013), i didnt use mine up to a month of which i paid #69,000(including school fees), my friends were lucky tho, they are still using theirs, well i accepted fate cuz i already knew from day 1 that the tab will be a substandard one...

98% of math lecturers are sadists, 80% of the ones that taught(and still teaching) me are sadists, see how they are sucking people G.P, lol with 4 big straws grin,

Well, by this time next year i will leave this "better-by-far" university, so all these rubbish I'm seeing will be over.
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by BAMMZ(m): 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
I feel the pains of this poster. However, my Yoruba people will say " if you have not been to another mans farm,you will assume your father's is the best". This happens almost everywhere, even in private schools but I appreciate this because we should not take it as "normal". Things must be done in order.The economy is bad,students should be appreciated. They are the future. Besides, I have always held unilorin in high esteem and believed their better by far slogan.
There must be change......... ( not like Buhari's change though)..........
Thanks OPS...... I believe " they"will see this and change. Kudos!
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by emperio212(m): 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
Closed
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by xmaticguy(m): 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
thetruthmale:
So, I have decided to let the world know my plight and, that of my fellow helpless, confused, sometimes tired and, confused student.

What you are about to read are nothing but the truth but, I will propose means to verify my claims.

This short essay will gives insight into the unfair treatment meted out to helpless student of ...UNILORIN in general and my department in particular.

UNILORIN:
1. Tablet pc: Since 2013 first year students are been mandated to pay extravagant fees, about N25,000 of that money is reported to be for the acquisition of android tab. Sadly, they are substandard, any student will readily attest to how sub-standard these tabs are, only a meager number of students use theirs beyond a semester because it develops faults easily, the calibration always has fault, in fact, mine developed fault just lying on the ground.
Also, the 'mass' production of a tab that substandard should be not more than N10,000 but, unfortunately we are charged an exorbitant fee of 150% extra.
Currently, the freshers and some 200L students are yet to receive the tabs. Bear in mind that the money for the tabs have been paid for with the school fees, also bear in mind that the purpose of the tab was to 'aid' learning and we are already having second semester exams.

2. Wifi and Sweatshirts: At the resumption of the 2015/16 session students were compelled to pay N5,000 and N2,500 for Wifi and sweatshirt respectively.
Social sciences didn't get the Wifi infrastructure till the second semester.
For the sweatshirts... there was an uproar in school over how substandard the sweatshirts were, just wash them for about three times and they will fade as if you have been using them for over two years. As at the time of writing this, only the 100L and final year students have received their sweatshirts. Those sweatshirts will take nothing more than N1000-N1200 to produce, but then we paid N2,500.

FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (MY DEPT):
1. Sexual harassment and paying for results: By now some of you must have heard about a Dr. Idiagbon of the Faculty of Arts that sexually harassed a female student. Breaking News! THERE ARE MORE!!! like him in Social sciences.
I have first hand knowledge and information about sexual harassment in my department (For now, I will not mention names of Lecturers or department). I also have first hand experience of a lecturer collecting money for results. These people are my 'friends' and fellow students and, that's why I've decided not to name names.
My problem with these acts is that the lecturers automatically makes foes of those students that wouldn't act obsequiously. I and some other diligent students have been dealt by this.
In the 2014/15 session a certain lecturer even after facing allegations of bribery and other offences eluded judgement because he has 'legs.' Students don't talk publicly or call for results because of the fear of victimisation.
Well, I know students that paid bribes, female students that were favoured, and student who were treated badly. Hmm, still not calling names.

UNILORIN' ROLE IN VERIFYING MY CLAIMS AND CURBING THIS MENACE:
1. Carry out a survey among students (students must be anonymous), survey should be directed towards (i) knowing students who have been harassed or knows somebody who has, (ii) knowing lecturers who are involved etc.
If these lecturers perceive that they are being watched, they will behave.
2. Create a body or mechanism where complaints like this can be lodged anonymously so students don't suffer the repercussion.
3. Give us goods worth our money.
4. Students shouldn't be mandated to pay for tablets, the country is tough enough.

This is the cry of so many students feeling helpless. Please EPP US!
NB: I've good grades, but my grievance is that it should have been better if not for lecturer-impunity. Written sociology faculty courses are good examples of mindless allocation of marks.
Even if nothing is done about the past, at least, something should be done to curb further occurrence.
UNILORIN 'Probitas Doctrinas (In learning and in character)' shouldn't be limited to students alone.

story for the gods.what difference will ur opinion make.have u forgotten ur in Nigeria?
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Ghost447(m): 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
No fraternity in that school?
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by 0955eb027(m): 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
sugarwiz:
.....help is on d way...
Uni ilorin is poo....glorified secondary school....self proclaimed to b pius...and der egomaniac students.... dem get month oooo. Plus dis is personal. Mtcheeewn
Whats so personal that you have to say all this against ma alma matter?
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by abioyeolaide(m): 7:48pm On Jul 13, 2016
A school where the student union is a cane to punish fellow students!!![b]A school where the student union is a cane to punish fellow students!!![/b]A school where the student union is a cane to punish fellow students!!!
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 13, 2016
so sad unilorin as deteriorated into such,,,,spent many yrs to get into that school,,we were drilled n we sabi d book,,known for discipline n academic xcellent (check our inter school results).....all dis news i hear this day saddens me n i jus wish u guys another oloyede !! greatest gba gba !! greatest gbo gbo !! of d greatest unilorinrite students !!

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by dacillin: 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
lexiconkabir:
@thetruthmale, the sweatshirt distribution started today at my department (Mathematics), i guess it should be the same for other departments, go to your Level adviser and ask.

Lol, on the tab issue, being the first set to have collected (2013), i didnt use mine up to a month of which i paid #69,000(including school fees), my friends were lucky tho, they are still using theirs, well i accepted fate cuz i already knew from day 1 that the tab will be a substandard one...

98% of math lecturers are sadists, 80% of the ones that taught(and still teaching) me are sadists, see how they are sucking people G.P, lol with 4 big straws grin,

Well, by this time next year i will leave this "better-by-far" university, so all these rubbish I'm seeing will be over.

Dr. OLUMAIYE of dept. Of PLB used to say " if u score F, E, D or C, d lecturer gave me but if u score B or A, i got it.
Hw come d dept use to produce First class graduate every year if 98% are sadists? Pls check yourself
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by tayebest(m): 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
lafex:
That's why ABU is naturally ahead of others.
All these shits are in the bin of ABU

You are mouthed, the over-rated UNILORIN now runs same calendar with ABU! grin

#ABU #NaturallyAhead

Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by 0955eb027(m): 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Funny you. Aint no saddist left in dat dept, cos if you meet 1, no be you go come here con talk am. You might find it difficult to understand them tho.
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by AmbodOfLASU: 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2016
xreal:
It will continue that way until you guys have an elected SUG voted for by students not these puppets ones been selected by the school council.

...take heart and endure. Who knows, Buhari may send EFCC to your school soon.

So students don't vote in representatives for UNILORIN SUG?
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Oshin56(m): 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2016
My brother education in nigeria is a pure scam most of our leaders went to free school including free meal that is have chicken but today reverse is the case i rest my case
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
0955eb027:
Funny you. Aint no saddist left in dat dept, cos if you meet 1, no be you go come here con talk am. You might find it difficult to understand them tho.

Lol, there is still

Prof Taiwo, prof bamigbola, Dr titiloye and they are all sadists, although "baba kenya"(if that's who you referring to) did not teach me, they are some others that i cant remember now.....
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by AmbodOfLASU: 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
NwayinOmugwo:
Am not surprised! That is typical of that sch.especially with victimizing student in social science department,especially in the departments of Soc,Pos, Bus, & History. Being in that faculty already makes u a victim even if u are not in that department, they already know how to get to you especially the ladies.
Ladies have to pay with their bodies & money while the guys will pay through their nose or becoming their agents to give proper info about a lady,(so trust no one i.e room mate,buddy,best friend etc.)not even the student union what ever!
U are only free if u are the son or daughter to their colleagues, the oba or emir ,other than that u are on your own no matter how born again you are.
This is why they can't send their own children to sch.else where other than in unilorin, but no matter how long it takes ,I believe whatever goes around must surely come around just like the law of gravity.
I graduated with a 3rd class in 1992,because I refused to give up my body,nor did i have the long leg that will speak for me,but today I thank God for that decision.l am not only a successful business woman, I am also a lecturer at a renowned university in Georgia .So remain strong,do your part & have faith that u will triumph & u sure will.

Georgia in the United States?
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by sexyellency(m): 8:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
shyenar999:
+plus d fucking WiFi (bandwidth) or what is it called. Dah will not even download a poo from naijaloaded. Fuckdahshit shocked shocked Well em out a Dia soon Countdown loku
I guess u never try LT1 and block 10 WiFi
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by odamilola36(m): 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hmmmm .........Sad story

I trust my people, TY and co, aluta ni sharp sharp......of the GREATEST IFE
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by emillionaire: 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
op I feel your plight.
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by azz19: 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
Now we can start telling stories of when we were there. Hmmmn Wen we were there
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by RobinHez(m): 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
Only in Nigeria...
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Cmeo(m): 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
thetruthmale:

I wish this could get to more people, then the school might be persuaded to act in order to ( at least) save face.

Everybody knows the SU is just a figurehead in UNILORIN.

Who tell you that Unilorin has a functional SUG, what they have is ceremional SUG that just carry a name without any function.
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by tyeenigga(m): 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
The essay very brief but the points are true, I have a friend that had to borrow money to give a lecturer to avoid Carry-over, SUG are figure head, cant maintain Sug bus yet purchased a sienna, The VC is Adetutu staff welfare isnt his priority, am a spillover student had no carryover till 300, had carryover in 400L. While some with 4 carryover from previous level paid and bought der way
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by 0955eb027(m): 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Lol, there is still

Prof Taiwo, prof bamigbola, Dr titiloye and they are all sadists, although "baba kenya"(if that's who you referring to) did not teach me, they are some others that i cant remember now.....
Your H.O.D aint a saddist, its just that no one understands him. His best pal was 'Kenya' tho. He is best described as an individual that is controlled by 'Osanyi' (i hope you are yoruba boy), hence his action or reaction cant be predicted. As for Prof Bamigbola, try avoid his course as much as possible, he is an example of an over-principled person (you go write note , do assignment and personal project tire). As for Dr Titiloye, he is not very good at relating with the class, but he is not a wicked person. I hope you know he lost his wife not long ago, so their might be slight changes in his ways. PS: Titiloye and Bamigbola are pastors, while Prof T holds the post of a treasurer in his church.
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Alhaji1970: 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
thetruthmale:
So, I have decided to let the world know my plight and, that of my fellow helpless, confused, sometimes tired and, confused student.

What you are about to read are nothing but the truth but, I will propose means to verify my claims.

This short essay will gives insight into the unfair treatment meted out to helpless student of ...UNILORIN in general and my department in particular

UNILORIN:
1. Tablet pc: Since 2013 first year students are been mandated to pay extravagant fees, about N25,000 of that money is reported to be for the acquisition of android tab. Sadly, they are substandard, any student will readily attest to how sub-standard these tabs are, only a meager number of students use theirs beyond a semester because it develops faults easily, the calibration always has fault, in fact, mine developed fault just lying on the ground.
Also, the 'mass' production of a tab that substandard should be not more than N10,000 but, unfortunately we are charged an exorbitant fee of 150% extra.
Currently, the freshers and some 200L students are yet to receive the tabs. Bear in mind that the money for the tabs have been paid for with the school fees, also bear in mind that the purpose of the tab was to 'aid' learning and we are already having second semester exams.

2. Wifi and Sweatshirts: At the resumption of the 2015/16 session students were compelled to pay N5,000 and N2,500 for Wifi and sweatshirt respectively.
Social sciences didn't get the Wifi infrastructure till the second semester.
For the sweatshirts... there was an uproar in school over how substandard the sweatshirts were, just wash them for about three times and they will fade as if you have been using them for over two years. As at the time of writing this, only the 100L and final year students have received their sweatshirts. Those sweatshirts will take nothing more than N1000-N1200 to produce, but then we paid N2,500.

FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (MY DEPT):
1. Sexual harassment and paying for results: By now some of you must have heard about a Dr. Idiagbon of the Faculty of Arts that sexually harassed a female student. Breaking News! THERE ARE MORE!!! like him in Social sciences.
I have first hand knowledge and information about sexual harassment in my department (For now, I will not mention names of Lecturers or department). I also have first hand experience of a lecturer collecting money for results. These people are my 'friends' and fellow students and, that's why I've decided not to name names.
My problem with these acts is that the lecturers automatically makes foes of those students that wouldn't act obsequiously. I and some other diligent students have been dealt by this.
In the 2014/15 session a certain lecturer even after facing allegations of bribery and other offences eluded judgement because he has 'legs.' Students don't talk publicly or call for results because of the fear of victimisation.
Well, I know students that paid bribes, female students that were favoured, and student who were treated badly. Hmm, still not calling names.

UNILORIN' ROLE IN VERIFYING MY CLAIMS AND CURBING THIS MENACE:
1. Carry out a survey among students (students must be anonymous), survey should be directed towards (i) knowing students who have been harassed or knows somebody who has, (ii) knowing lecturers who are involved etc.
If these lecturers perceive that they are being watched, they will behave.
2. Create a body or mechanism where complaints like this can be lodged anonymously so students don't suffer the repercussion.
3. Give us goods worth our money.
4. Students shouldn't be mandated to pay for tablets, the country is tough enough.

This is the cry of so many students feeling helpless. Please EPP US!
NB: I've good grades, but my grievance is that it should have been better if not for lecturer-impunity. Written sociology faculty courses are good examples of mindless allocation of marks.
Even if nothing is done about the past, at least, something should be done to curb further occurrence.
UNILORIN 'Probitas Doctrinas (In learning and in character)' shouldn't be limited to students alone.

Unverifiable but sounds unbelievable too.
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
0955eb027:
Your H.O.D aint a saddist, its just that no one understands him. His best pal was 'Kenya' tho. He is best described as an individual that is controlled by 'Osanyi' (i hope you are yoruba boy), hence his action or reaction cant be predicted. As for Prof Bamigbola, try avoid his course as much as possible, he is an example of an over-principled person (you go write note , do assignment and personal project tire). As for Dr Titiloye, he is not very good at relating with the class, but he is not a wicked person. I hope you know he lost his wife not long ago, so their might be slight changes in his ways. PS: Titiloye and Bamigbola are pastors, while Prof T holds the post of a treasurer in his church.

Lol, bamigbola, hmm, he is taking us a core course(metric space topology) so there is no way i can avoid him....in his test, the highest was 9/30, i just thank Allah that i am not one of his project students...
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by daneni1(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
odamilola36:
Hmmmm .........Sad story

I trust my people, TY and co, aluta ni sharp sharp......of the GREATEST IFE

Yes oooo. We no dey waste time at all
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by PortableToDynam(m): 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
Unilorin!!! My dear. may God save us from those alagbara of Social Science where I also come from. and also to add to the post the faculty wasn't well equip lacking facilities. My dear Social Science where First Class no be bread and Moi Moi. Where distinction dey always scarce
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by emmaelectelect(m): 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2016
This is the corruption Buhari should be fighting and not muscling opposition
This will serve the generality of the poor public
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by ewizard1: 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2016
And the funny and annoying thing is the school/management would think ALL the students are all dumb to know these things they do!

May God judge them!
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by 0955eb027(m): 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Lol, bamigbola, hmm, he is taking us a core course(metric space topology) so there is no way i can avoid him....in his test, the highest was 9/30, i just thank Allah that i am not one of his project students...
Ooh! Prof Opoola would have been the best option, but he took you 326 shey?. Kenya taught metric space when i was in 300, trust me you will never wish for a Lecturer like that. It is well ehn, just put in your very best. Reading aint gonna kill, and 400 aint as difficult as 300 level. PS: Kenya was my project supervisor as an undergraduate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cybermetrics Ranks OAU Best Varsity In Nigeria / ESUT Lecturer Cutting A Student's Hair With Razor In Class / Unijos 2015/2016 Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.