Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN (46823 Views)

Yusuf Ololade Faidat Of UNILORIN Clinches 19 Prizes At Convocation / Photos Of Unilorin At Night- By Jide Dosunmu / Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Of UNILORIN In Sex Scandal (Audio Clip) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
Most of what you highlighted are obtainable in most universities in Nigeria, but the fact that these vices are escalating is a cause for concern: that makes your article laudable, OP.

Though the school management is uncharacteristically tardy with the issuance of tabs, I still see the whole idea of it impressive.

The Wifi and Sweatshirt charges: SUG and school no try o. I've not even used #5 of that #5000 wifi charges.

Finally, given the chance again, I'll choose Unilorin first, 10x over before considering any other school. Unilorin has its flaws, the school is no saint, but it ain't a ranked sinner either.

Shout out to all class 2016!
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Yahwe2(m): 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
my girlfriends in poltical science is going thu sexual harassment from her lecturer
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by ayoxelee(m): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
thetruthmale:
So, I have decided to let the world know my plight and, that of my fellow helpless, confused, sometimes tired and, confused student.

What you are about to read are nothing but the truth but, I will propose means to verify my claims.

This short essay will gives insight into the unfair treatment meted out to helpless student of ...UNILORIN in general and my department in particular.

UNILORIN:
1. Tablet pc: Since 2013 first year students are been mandated to pay extravagant fees, about N25,000 of that money is reported to be for the acquisition of android tab. Sadly, they are substandard, any student will readily attest to how sub-standard these tabs are, only a meager number of students use theirs beyond a semester because it develops faults easily, the calibration always has fault, in fact, mine developed fault just lying on the ground.
Also, the 'mass' production of a tab that substandard should be not more than N10,000 but, unfortunately we are charged an exorbitant fee of 150% extra.
Currently, the freshers and some 200L students are yet to receive the tabs. Bear in mind that the money for the tabs have been paid for with the school fees, also bear in mind that the purpose of the tab was to 'aid' learning and we are already having second semester exams.

2. Wifi and Sweatshirts: At the resumption of the 2015/16 session students were compelled to pay N5,000 and N2,500 for Wifi and sweatshirt respectively.
Social sciences didn't get the Wifi infrastructure till the second semester.
For the sweatshirts... there was an uproar in school over how substandard the sweatshirts were, just wash them for about three times and they will fade as if you have been using them for over two years. As at the time of writing this, only the 100L and final year students have received their sweatshirts. Those sweatshirts will take nothing more than N1000-N1200 to produce, but then we paid N2,500.

FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (MY DEPT):
1. Sexual harassment and paying for results: By now some of you must have heard about a Dr. Idiagbon of the Faculty of Arts that sexually harassed a female student. Breaking News! THERE ARE MORE!!! like him in Social sciences.
I have first hand knowledge and information about sexual harassment in my department (For now, I will not mention names of Lecturers or department). I also have first hand experience of a lecturer collecting money for results. These people are my 'friends' and fellow students and, that's why I've decided not to name names.
My problem with these acts is that the lecturers automatically makes foes of those students that wouldn't act obsequiously. I and some other diligent students have been dealt by this.
In the 2014/15 session a certain lecturer even after facing allegations of bribery and other offences eluded judgement because he has 'legs.' Students don't talk publicly or call for results because of the fear of victimisation.
Well, I know students that paid bribes, female students that were favoured, and student who were treated badly. Hmm, still not calling names.

UNILORIN' ROLE IN VERIFYING MY CLAIMS AND CURBING THIS MENACE:
1. Carry out a survey among students (students must be anonymous), survey should be directed towards (i) knowing students who have been harassed or knows somebody who has, (ii) knowing lecturers who are involved etc.
If these lecturers perceive that they are being watched, they will behave.
2. Create a body or mechanism where complaints like this can be lodged anonymously so students don't suffer the repercussion.
3. Give us goods worth our money.
4. Students shouldn't be mandated to pay for tablets, the country is tough enough.

This is the cry of so many students feeling helpless. Please EPP US!
NB: I've good grades, but my grievance is that it should have been better if not for lecturer-impunity. Written sociology faculty courses are good examples of mindless allocation of marks.
Even if nothing is done about the past, at least, something should be done to curb further occurrence.
UNILORIN 'Probitas Doctrinas (In learning and in character)' shouldn't be limited to students alone.

dz is ntn but a cook up story.... all dz r blatant lies. dou stdnt r mandated to pay dfor tabbut it worth it, urs dznt last d
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by SuPeRq(f): 9:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Even people wey don apply for the current PG programme are already experiencing the bad and ugly side of the admission process

Better by far my ass
@Nazeem I sight u
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by tayo200(m): 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
oboy...u guys dey suffer dere o..and nobody go fit talk..cos na expulsion direct..o ga ooo.
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by tayo200(m): 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
I trust ladokite..of d greatest ladokiteā„¢!!!! we no dey dull una self...our s.u.g na confam touts...
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
UNI-IYONU
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by yinkarh187(m): 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
sugarwiz:
.....help is on d way...
Uni ilorin is poo....glorified secondary school....self proclaimed to b pius...and der egomaniac students.... dem get month oooo. Plus dis is personal. Mtcheeewn
hahaha..y are u so bitter. I bet you chose unilorin as 1st Choice but u weren't admitted
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by yinkarh187(m): 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2016
shyenar999:
+plus d fucking WiFi (bandwidth) or what is it called. Dah will not even download a poo from naijaloaded. Fuckdahshit shocked shocked Well em out a Dia soon Countdown loku
were u given to download poo from naijaloaded
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by sugarwiz(f): 10:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
yinkarh187:
hahaha..y are u so bitter. I bet you chose unilorin as 1st Choice but u weren't admitted
I'm part of d unique people who didn't want to attend uni ilorin... dah skul is poo...i'm telling u
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by ewizard1: 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
The same thing at Unibadan. I know a DLI student who brought her tab for a fix in my friend's shop, in the process, the touch pad cracked and all efforts to get a replacement failed. The lady's brother who also is a DLI student said the touch can only be replaced by the engineer on ground provided by the tab supplier!

You can imagine..
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by lardeipo(f): 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
unilorin, hmmmnn. A school where they hv a student union without d G. Some even claim d only G they hv is d federal govt, as if buhari will come down there all d way frm abuja to solve her issues. A school where students dare nt protest or else face eiye n' korin ni oo nt even face tanke again.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by lardeipo(f): 10:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
ayoxelee:

dz is ntn but a cook up story.... all dz r blatant lies. dou stdnt r mandated to pay dfor tabbut it worth it, urs dznt last d
blatant lies u zei?
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by yinkarh187(m): 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
sugarwiz:

I'm part of d unique people who didn't want to attend uni ilorin... dah skul is poo...i'm telling u
u keep saying is poo without giving a reason. trust me unilorin is d best place to be if u know ur purpose being there
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
As an alumni of the school, I am ashamed to read these disturbing news about my Alma mata. Really disturbing.
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by shyenar999(m): 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
yinkarh187:
were u given to download poo from naijaloaded

Tell me aw u av benefited from d sh*t
mumu.
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by sugarwiz(f): 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
yinkarh187:
u keep saying is poo without giving a reason. trust me unilorin is d best place to be if u know ur purpose being there
I'm guessing u are a student der....or a product
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by gboyeng: 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
I graduated from Unilorin 2007. The harassment seem more now. I know one badoo for computer science( Babatunde), he chop more than 10 babes(different classes) in my set alone. I also heard of some bad lecturers in microbiology and Biochemistry. Government really need to protect students from the bad lecturers. The only carry over I had was as a result of the wickedness of some people in mathematics dept. I passed exam, dem say I too pass am... So dey made me carry it. God dey!
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Taiyescott(m): 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
Unilorin home of ................... *complete it urself*
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by GoldenJulius(m): 10:57pm On Jul 13, 2016
sexyellency:
I guess u never try LT1 and block 10 WiFi
Overspeed dey worry LT1 Wifi. Thats the best place to enjoy the wifi on campus.
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 13, 2016
In as much as I would have love to point out more of the obscenities that are taking place in Unilorin but I would like to keep mute and pretend as if I'm oblivious of it all. Can't just wait t finish this final exam and get out of this "*Acclaimed Better by Far university"

Meanwhile, I rep class of 2016

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by yinkarh187(m): 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
sugarwiz:
I'm guessing u are a student der....or a product
a proud unilorite
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by GoldenJulius(m): 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
lardeipo:
unilorin, hmmmnn. A school where they hv a student union without d G. Some even claim d only G they hv is d federal govt, as if buhari will come down there all d way frm abuja to solve her issues. A school where students dare nt protest or else face eiye n' korin ni oo nt even face tanke again.
Protest and forfeit your admission.
Na suffering and smilling tinx dey happen for most naija skuls oo.
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by sexyellency(m): 11:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
GoldenJulius:

Guy ahbeg no kill me with laff...I don laff tear my belle cheesy
GoldenJulius:

Guy ahbeg no kill me with laff...I don laff tear my belle
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by aristosoft(m): 11:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
Thats what you get when you have a graduate-quickly-at-all-cost mentality in this kind of setting where school administrators are out to reap off the poor students.

1. No vibrant Unionism
2. Half-baked graduates that can't even speak up in the face of oppression/exploitation not to talk of defending their rights
3. The people benefitting from the scam use the loot to send their wards to better school, and give them better devices
4. Continue ranting here on NL and do nothing at least you've paid.

Evil prosper because good people concur to it.
I trust OAU. Aluta forces go collect the money back after the first iteration.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by yinkarh187(m): 11:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
shyenar999:

Tell me aw u av benefited from d sh*t
mumu.
unlike d slowpoke dat u are I know some strategic places where d WiFi is strong dat I can visit if I want to 'benefit from the shit'..who's the mumu now
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by yinkarh187(m): 11:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
aristosoft:
Thats what you get when you have a graduate-quickly-at-all-cost mentality in this kind of setting where school administrators are out to reap off the poor students.

1. No vibrant Unionism
2. Half-baked graduates that can't even speak up in the face of oppression/exploitation not to talk of defending their rights
3. The people benefitting from the scam use the loot to send their wards to better school, and give them better devices
4. Continue ranting here on NL and do nothing at least you've paid.

Evil prosper because good people concur to it.
I trust OAU. Aluta forces go collect the money back after the first iteration.
hehehe...continue defending ur right when your mate are already earning 6figures salary
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by sexyellency(m): 11:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
sugarwiz:

Take it or leave it it's still d best federal university in Nigeria for now concerning academic stability. never said op is lying buh all dis stuffs are limited in unilorin compare to other university. moreover not all department sexual harass student it's rare in faculty of sciences and nothing like that in our college of health science. Brother stop hating!!!
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by Claroo(m): 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
yinkarh187:

Bros trust me,unilorin is not the best pace to be. I can't even allow my children to attend that place.
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by sugarwiz(f): 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
sexyellency:
Take it or leave it it's still d best federal university in Nigeria for now concerning academic stability. never said op is lying buh all dis stuffs are limited in unilorin compare to other university. moreover not all department sexual harass student it's rare in faculty of sciences and nothing like that in our college of health science. Brother stop hating!!!
I won't argue wit u..... dats for undergraduates.....nd I can hate all I want...ur post is funny tho...u sound lyk a teenager. I'm not a guy

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by yinkarh187(m): 11:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
Claroo:

Bros trust me,unilorin is not the best pace to be. I can't even allow my children to attend that place.
are u a unilorite?
Re: UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN by piagetskinner(m): 11:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
well you u mentioned the name of the department....sociology

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Snake Killed In University Of Uyo Causes Fight (Photos) / Unilorin 2014/2015 Remedial Thread. / The Disadvantages Of Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.