Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? (36587 Views)

Sultan Announces MOON Sighting For Ramadan / Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) / MEND Threatens To Bomb Mosques & Assasinate Imams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nezan(m): 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2009
@nezan, keep your question till after death then we all shall know who ALLAH is.
Alimat, dont you think it might be too late?
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by olabowale(m): 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2009
Allah is not the moon god, but God of moon, sun, stars, nigerians, ghanians, americans, animals, eibelievers like you, and believers like me!

And if Muhammad (AS) did not do it, permitted anyone to do it and its against Islam, I will not do it. So when I arrange my bedding, it orientates my face toward Kaaba, if I were to lay down on my right side. If I were to build masajid, it will not have star and crescent, mineret, but willdefinitely have a station for the muhadhzin to make the call for prayer, because Bilah ibn Rabah (RA) used to have a station.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nezan(m): 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2009
You can only deceive deluded souls, if allah is god of everything, why not put a sign of everything on your mosque.

You put the moon there because he is a moon-god.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by alimat2(f): 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2009
Nezan:

Alimat, dont you think it might be too late?

2 late in deed for u,

God has these words for u

koran 67
vs6 And for those who disbelive in thier lord(ALLAH) is the torment of hell and worst indeed is that destination.
vs7 :When they are cast therein, they will hear the terrible drawing in of its breath as it blazes forth.
vs8: It almost bursts up with fury.Every time a group is cast therein,its keeper will ask "Did no warner come to you?"
vs9:They will say "Yes.indeed a warner did came to us but we belied him and said:God(ALLAH)never sent down anything;you are only a great error".
vs10:And they will say: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence,we would not have been among the dwellers of the blazing fire!"

this is only for the wise among u
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by olabowale(m): 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2009
@Nezan: « #36 on: Today at 12:50:00 PM »
You can only deceive deluded souls, if allah is god of everything, why not put a sign of everything on your mosque.
Since He is my God, should I be put on it, too? Blame it on Rio is a good movie for you to watch!
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by 3spade3(m): 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2009
Look at my profile pic. The Anti-Christ controlls Islam.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2009
Abuzola:

Up till this moment there are devils who attempt to go to heaven and they are striked with a powerful force, destroyed to pieces, if you are opportuned to witness the destruction of a devil, you will see a glittering posture descending to the ground and disappear. I have witnessed it and some muslim too witnessed it daily. Truely ISLAM is the truth

are you referring to shooting stars and meteor showers?

A shooting star or falling star is the common name for the visible path of a meteoroid as it enters the atmosphere. A shooting star is also broken pieces of meteors that have become broken off in space.
wiki

A "falling star" or a "shooting star" has nothing at all to do with a star! These amazing streaks of light you can sometimes see in the night sky are caused by tiny bits of dust and rock called meteoroids falling into the Earth's atmosphere and burning up. The short-lived trail of light the burning meteoroid produces is called a meteor. Meteors are commonly called falling stars or shooting stars. If any part of the meteoroid survives burning up and actually hits the Earth, that remaining bit is then called a meteorite.

At certain times of year, you are likely to see a great number of meteors in the night sky. These events are called meteor showers and they occur when the Earth passes through the trail of debris left by a comet as it orbits the Sun. These showers are given names based on the constellation present in the sky from which they appear to originate. For example, the Leonid Meteor Shower, or Leonids, appear to originate in the constellation Leo. It is important to understand that the meteoroids (and therefore the meteors) do not really originate from the constellations or any of the stars in the constellations, however. They just seem to come from that part of the sky because of the way the Earth encounters the particles moving in the path of the comet's orbit. Associating the shower name with the region of the sky they seem to come from just helps astronomers know where to look!

http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/questions/question12.html

and once again, you're repeating an ancient belief/superstition that predates Islam, believe it or not.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by alimat2(f): 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ Nezan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And god of the church is a cross god.

Wait and think if muslims puts moon and star on the roof of ther mosque is that not an evidence that their God is real? what about your own god of the cross where is are his signs? or can we see cross in the cloud? [quote][/quote]
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by olabowale(m): 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2009
Meteor, like Tree, Sand, Bird, etc used to be just harmless, until Allah uses any as He wills. Read Surah Fil (The Elephant), how tiny birds are used to kill people and rendered the elephant ineffective.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nezan(m): 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2009
And god of the church is a cross god.

Wait and think if muslims puts moon and star on the roof of ther mosque is that not an evidence that their God is real? what about your own god of the cross where is are his signs? or can we see cross in the cloud?
I thought you were waiting for the last day to discover afterall that allah is not the YHWH we christians worship.

Christ redeemed us from our sins upon His death on the cross, that is the significance of the sign cross, BTW, was that why you people copied this from christians?
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by alimat2(f): 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
Keep on waithing, i hav given u the message, when u get to your final destination u will remember that Muslims warned u on nairaland.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nezan(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2009
Keep on waithing, i hav given u the message, when u get to your final destination u will remember they Christians warned u on nairaland.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 08, 2009
olabowale:

Meteor, like Tree, Sand, Bird, etc used to be just harmless, until Allah uses any as He wills. Read Surah Fil (The Elephant), how tiny birds are used to kill people and rendered the elephant ineffective.

not sure I'm getting your point.

Microbes can also kill people and they cant even be seen with the naked eye.

In any case, there are good and bad microbes, not that I'm sure how your post or mine is relevant to the discussion.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by olabowale(m): 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2009
am sure its way past your bedtime, and about to be day break wednesday in nzland. if microbes can kill, and u cant them, them meteor tat u can see can be a weapon!
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2009
olabowale:

am sure its way past your bedtime, and about to be day break wednesday in nzland. if microbes can kill, and u cant them, them meteor tat u can see can be a weapon!

keep making excuses.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2009
alimat 2:

@Topic,

U can clearly see the signs of the living God Muslims are worshipping. u can see the moon and the star as a prove and sign that the GOD of the Muslim is existing. What about the cross hanged on the roof of churches, where is the signs of god of the cross.

It is a very clear sign and evidence that God of Muslims is existing ,where are the signs of the god of the cross in the cloud to prove his existence ?

when did allah also become a "living god"? who has ever seen or heard him? grin

So the sign of the "living allah" is the crescent and star? grin
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2009
Quran 7:143 ;
'And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me (Yourself) that I may look at You." (Allah) said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." . But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious, "Exalted are You! i have repented to You and I am the first of the believers."
Allah is too great to be behelded with your human eyes. That you cannot see Him the way people see the idols they worship does not mean He is not the true God.
And there are different signs of Allah, it is not just the crescent and star. Some of them are the night and the day and the sun and the moon (Surah 41:37).
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2009
'And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me (Yourself) that I may look at You." (Allah) said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." . But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious, "Exalted are You! i have repented to You and I am the first of the believers."
Allah is too great to be behelded with your human eyes. That you cannot see Him the way people see the idols they worship does not mean He is not the true God.
And there are different signs of Allah, it is not just the crescent and star. Some of them are the night and the day and the sun and the moon (Surah 41:37).
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by zmurda(m): 9:01pm On Sep 08, 2009
fellis:

Allah is too great to be behelded with your human eyes. That you cannot see him the way people see the idols they worship does not mean He is not the true God.

looks like a page from Grimm's brothers
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2009
fellis:

Allah is too great to be behelded with your human eyes. That you cannot see him the way people see the idols they worship does not mean He is not the true God.

this is rubbish, plagiarized directly from Exodus 33. Its amazing that the only people priviledged to see "god" have ALL BEEN JEWS FROM THE BIBLE!
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by zmurda(m): 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2009
davidylan:

this is rubbish, plagiarized directly from Exodus 33. Its amazing that the only people priviledged to see "god" have ALL BEEN JEWS FROM THE BIBLE!

Good observation considering Mohammed didn't get his 'revelations' some 2-3 thousand after Moses 'wrote' the books

Forgotten my Sunday school lessons grin
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by olabowale(m): 2:38am On Sep 09, 2009
I have a feeling that Allah the Maker of Adam will be the Best of Knowers of what happened to Adam. I have a feeling that Allah the Sender of Moses wil be the Best of Knowers of what happened to Moses. Moses will no less of what happened to Adam than how much Adam knew of how he as made.

So when Allah told Muhammad (AS) about what happened to Adam and what happened to Moses, Muhammad was getting the information(s) from the Best Holder of information(s)! No, the Keferi guy, making fun along with davidylan?

And my excuse(s) is/are on the spot(s)! Am sure lazer beam is used by surveyors to map out sites and boundaries, but in the hands of a military personnel in the theater of war, thats a great deadly weapon used in battle against enemies!

In the hand of an angry woman, the frying pan is a deadly weapon that husbands should watch out when its flying. It is the same frying pan that will make the best pouched salmon, with the aromatic smell that will make a sleeping husband wake up with eagerness to to the breakfast table.

Everything is relative, so meteor couldnt be less of a weapon, if micrbes are! Thas my excuse and I hope its something for you to think about.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 09, 2009
olabowale:

I have a feeling that Allah the Maker of Adam will be the Best of Knowers of what happened to Adam. I have a feeling that Allah the Sender of Moses wil be the Best of Knowers of what happened to Moses. Moses will no less of what happened to Adam than how much Adam knew of how he as made.

So when Allah told Muhammad (AS) about what happened to Adam and what happened to Moses, Muhammad was getting the information(s) from the Best Holder of information(s)! No, the Keferi guy, making fun along with davidylan?

this is absolute drivel . . . i wonder why allah prefered to tell mohammad stories rather than show him more signs and wonders.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 09, 2009
olabowale:

And my excuse(s) is/are on the spot(s)! Am sure lazer beam is used by surveyors to map out sites and boundaries, but in the hands of a military personnel in the theater of war, thats a great deadly weapon used in battle against enemies!

In the hand of an angry woman, the frying pan is a deadly weapon that husbands should watch out when its flying. It is the same frying pan that will make the best pouched salmon, with the aromatic smell that will make a sleeping husband wake up with eagerness to to the breakfast table.

Everything is relative, so meteor couldnt be less of a weapon, if micrbes are! Thas my excuse and I hope its something for you to think about.

still second guessing at best.

There's no physical evidence of a meteorite being a spirit. That's an ancient belief predating Islam, like I stated before. Where stars are equated with spirits, people and destiny.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by olabowale(m): 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2009
and when sand was used to fight the enemies of Allah, and whe wind was used to defeat the enemies of Allah, when a mere chewing of chewing stick (like nigerian pako) was used to vanguish enemies of Allah, when in the hand of Moses (AS) his staff for support, and beating down leaves to feed animals became snake that swallowed what magicians call snakes, when in the long run the same stick brought down the egyptian coptic leader's military, then was any of these "spirit' or a microbe?

Omode yi, lo sun. Orun nkun e pupo ju!
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by reindeer: 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2009
the quote above is from a disney movie right?
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by olabowale(m): 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2009
Dr. Reindeer, cut down the antlers so that you can get close to a Book. Read the Quran, its in there! It does not come from Disney, not because I dont see movies but were the truth lies, we must present it as is. Now Dr. help us get three gods out of one. one god out of three?

You cant do it, even as a dr. If curing people makes the difference, then all drs. are gods like Jesus, then?
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by noetic2: 6:06pm On Sep 12, 2009
Another hilarious thread grin grin grin

The moon-god has been exposed grin grin
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by 3spade3(m): 10:58pm On Sep 12, 2009
davidylan:

Moses was never a jew. Jews are those who practice judaism.
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by noetic2: 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2009
so what was moses? an arab?
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 13, 2009
^He was a muslim, a person who submitted to the will of God.
About the verse I quoted earlier; Nowhere does it say Prophet Moses saw Allah. From where did davidylan draw that conclusion?
Re: Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? by 3spade3(m): 10:55pm On Sep 13, 2009
fellis:

^He was a muslim, a person who submitted to the will of God.
About the verse I quoted earlier; Nowhere does it say Prophet Moses saw Allah. From where did davidylan draw that conclusion?

Moses was Hebrew.

noetic2:

so what was moses? an arab?

Nope. Couldn't be. Arabs are quite new to the human race.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Is Applying Of Relaxer A Sin In Islam? / Ogun Prophet & His Sons Convert To Islam, Cut Off Their Dreadlocks (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.