Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Hiv Awarness! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hiv Awarness! (1288 Views)

My Ex - Hubby Just Tested Positive To HIV / She Lied I Was HIV +ve To Family To Call Of Wedding / If You Find Out That Your Lover is HIV Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiv Awarness! by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:14am On Dec 01, 2006
Am a member of SACA in my state,and sometimes you see lots of commercials on the TV(which is the best way of preaching awarness,cause an average man watches the tv at least for an hour in a day)concering  creating awareness  about AIDS.but what makes the situation funny angry is they still go ahead to preach about safe sex. 
I was opportuned to go to a very good secondary school,and there was this doctor that came to speak to us,and he brought along with him a condom,a microscope and and a sample of infected blood.we were called to look at the condom under the microscope and we found out there were some holes in the condom,we were also called to look at the blood and omigod shocked the virus was so small compared to the hole in the condom.and it looked like a thousand of the viruses could pass through freely without stress.
What am trying to say, in my own opinion i think the best way to preach about  aids is ABSTINENCE for the single and unmarried.and BEING FAITHFUL for the married ones.i think this is one thing these socalled commercials should bring to the notice of the public,
when making these commercial.for GOD sake they should stop decieving our youths! angry
Re: Hiv Awarness! by Coco29(f): 10:27am On Dec 01, 2006
lady if you are old enough to Bleep i think you should seek further advice, because this hole in condom thing so juvenile undecided
Re: Hiv Awarness! by kachii(m): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2006
I am a Peer Educator Trainer it will be futile to preach abstinence to a people group that is alreday sexually active.
Look during my service year we visited a school where we taught on ills of permarital sex but a girl sent us a slip asking a question that
Where ever i make love to my boy friend am always tried so what do i do to stop getting tired.

Now to such a person the best message will be to preach safer sex.

note the word safer sex and not safest sex
Re: Hiv Awarness! by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2006
@coco29
funny, am not underaged,i need no futher advice from anyone cause i happen to be a counsellor myself.and concerning the hole in the condom,i need no peep to believe,these are not holes you see with physical eyes my dear.back then in secondary school no one told me, i was present.and i think its quite uneccessary arguing with you.cause some people see the truth but want to remain blind to the truth cause they want no restrictions,they  want no discipline,they always want an easy alternative.hhhhmmm,i don't think you have had the opportunity to actually meet a person with full blown aids and interact with them.i have had the opportunity to meet some of these aids patients and actually have a heart to heart talk with them,and some told me they still had the socalled safe sex and still got the virus.they told me that the issue of condom being an alternative to absitinence,is rubbish.take my advice above and visit one,then you would understand what am talking of.

The truth would always be the truth no matter how you try to avoid it,it can never be changed cause its the truth.

1 Like

Re: Hiv Awarness! by Bolarge(m): 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2006
Hey guys pleeease!!
Methinks this' potentially a very good thread but y'both need to sheathe your swords.

@ThoniaSlim
your take on this matter is noted;now breathe easy.

@Coco29
Peace aaaight.Don't lash out like I know u can. wink

@Others
your views're most welcome.
Re: Hiv Awarness! by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2006
@kachii
its nice to know your also a peer educator and concering the issue of preaching to the sexually active,yea its their decision,i tell them the truth but if they are still adamant,then i tell them its their life,they have choosen how they want to make their bed.the road to eternal happiness is narrow and rough.but i believe it all has to do with self determination,it should be a combination of words and action,heaven helps those who help themselves.and i sometimes advice them to go visit the patients suffering from full blown aids,cause seeing is believing.and also concerning the issue of anti-viral drugs,it only increases your life span but it dosent guarantee total cure.for those that have hiv and take this drugs,they would tell you even with the drugs its not easy.
Re: Hiv Awarness! by kachii(m): 3:47pm On Dec 01, 2006
I agree with you thonia.
i belive too that people should be told the truth and given multiple chioces to pick from.
Re: Hiv Awarness! by Coco29(f): 3:59pm On Dec 01, 2006
well at 29 i am still healthy thanks to condom, for some reason most of my african friends say the same thing, prob there are different types of condoms in africa lipsrsealed
Re: Hiv Awarness! by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2006
aids dey show for face but hiv no dey show for face ;d
Re: Hiv Awarness! by Bolarge(m): 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2006
Na only face? U never see full-blown AIDS patient.
During my stint with a notable military hospital in the north,at least 7 out of every 10 of our patients was a full-blown AIDS case.Never been more depresed in my life.That was the only part of my service year I hate to remember.
Re: Hiv Awarness! by pymexys(f): 8:34pm On Dec 13, 2006
the best solutions r abstinence,or faithfulness to ur partner.i think condoms r effective only as far as pregnancy prevention.pple preachin aids prevention using condoms,i'm sure if they were told,"this person has aids,take this condom,go ahead and sleep with the person",i doubt if they will do it.i've met somepple who even believe that this condom awareness is a propaganda by the west?,so as to increase arvdrugs sales,make pay u know,-more hiv carriers,more sales-,though i dont buy that thought.
Re: Hiv Awarness! by Bolarge(m): 10:14am On Dec 14, 2006
My guy abstinence and mutual fidelity to ur partner na di tin. And guess what?It's also d cheapest.
But even in medical practice there's this trend that you're wasting ur time advocating chastity.
That pple can't but do it so it's about "playin safe".
We human beings have been reduced to primordial instinctive beasts.
No wonder the book of Romans Chpt1 says God has given us up to our vile passions. .
. . .we are now receiving in ourselves the penalty of our error which is due. . .
Re: Hiv Awarness! by mrpataki(m): 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2006
Another assertion of youthful exuberance!!!

At 29, yet to settle still screwing around undecided

HIV/AIDS is real.

Hope we learn the better of it in time.
Re: Hiv Awarness! by Eurphoria(f): 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2006
I dont see how coco lashed out, being blown out of proportion i think.
Guys do you know there are very many types of condoms on the market? get educated about how effective they all are or just dont have sex. I wont preach abstinence, in my view it is unrealistic as human nature is hard to curb. Just stay safe thats all.
Re: Hiv Awarness! by Busta(f): 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2006
mrpataki:

Another assertion of youthful exuberance!!!

At 29, yet to settle still screwing around undecided

not a good thing to say.

(1) (Reply)

Does My Ex Want Me Back / Role Reversal: Women Have Taken Charge! / Would You Date A Spy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.