Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,071 members, 7,859,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:42 PM

Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. (10520 Views)

Atiku - Nigerians Should Be Patient With Buhari, Elect Better Leaders Next Time / JUST IN; Buhari, Oshiomhole In Closed Door Meeting / Be Patient With My Government - Buhari Begs ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 05, 2016
Till d common man starves to death abi?.....CAPITAL PHOOLLLL!

1 Like

Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by Lordxeer(m): 10:08am On Jul 05, 2016
I completely understand your frustration. Do you think continuing with GEJ would have yielded better results? We might have to wait another decade for change. On the flip side, it MIGHT be better in the long run. It was an easy decision for nigerians to make. So patience is the way forward.
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by win3k: 10:14am On Jul 05, 2016
Patience is a black thing, they did it for 400 years during slavery and during colonization and during opressive regimes.

By the time Buhari leaves office millions of Nigerians will be killed by his fellow Fulani Herdsmen and other muslim terror groups.
He will have revived the hausa/fulani hegemony and installed the most illiterate and mediocre group at the top of Nigerian politics and economy

Yes, Nigerians should be patient as always
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by Omeokachie: 10:15am On Jul 05, 2016
Falana delivering lectures for APC since 13BC.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by Jakama90(m): 10:26am On Jul 05, 2016
Bleep u Oshiomhole... U are a sychophant..... Bleep u APC... Bleep u bubu scam.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by Deepfreezer(m): 10:27am On Jul 05, 2016
Thunder gbawa Oshiomole akpa amu.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by dadebayo1(m): 10:29am On Jul 05, 2016
Thank God he admitted times are hard presently. They are making things difficult for everyone. Even oshiomole does not have faith in Nigeria anymore instead of him to patiently wait to marry a Nigerian babe he went to waste forex to marry from outside the country. Anyway he should tell his dingy dingy in the trousers below to be patient...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by Tony5555: 10:38am On Jul 05, 2016
How long ?
Stop deceiving us

1 Like

Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by 4reala(m): 10:41am On Jul 05, 2016
IAmSoAmazing:
Lord i give you all the Glory....i made ftc in two weeks....but what is special in this ftc sef mutcheeeew
what is special about it is for u to make sensible contribution in d topic at stake. Gbam! cool

1 Like

Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by 4reala(m): 10:43am On Jul 05, 2016
dadebayo1:
Thank God he admitted times are hard presently. They are making things difficult for everyone. Even oshiomole does not have faith in Nigeria anymore instead of him to patiently wait to marry a Nigerian babe he went to waste forex to marry from outside the country. Anyway he should tell his dingy dingy in the trousers below to be patient...
lol, guy u baaad grin
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 05, 2016
Patience 4 how long?
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by dadebayo1(m): 10:55am On Jul 05, 2016
4reala:
lol, guy u baaad grin

grin
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by twentyk(m): 10:56am On Jul 05, 2016
Lordxeer:
...Nah.. U sound pathetic, a complete one off.
Damn dats harsh mehn.... u deff woke on d wrong side today.....stay blessed.....
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 05, 2016
The type of patience people of Edo state had and are swimming and sleeping on water when it rains? or u mean patience Jonathan Patience

1 Like

Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by Mintek: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2016
CXLVII:
Sane Nigerians will always be patient knowing fully well what "Change" truly implies.

But some pained, bitter and confused wailers expect a miracle overnight.

#IStandWithBuhari
#NigeriaWillBeGreatAgain
#NoPlaceLikeHome

Nonsense!
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by happney65: 11:59am On Jul 05, 2016
damton:

Under obj....

population 100 million
oil price 146 dollars from 20 something dollars per barrel or thereabout then.
Hence more money in the coffers of government and also more to pump in the economy.

Mind you, in a Mono-economic country, Highlighting the critical need for an economic diversification.

my opinion.

Under OBJ,Oil price was $16,If you want the fact i can give you that..It did not go pass $70 under OBJ.He meet a debt of $40Billion.He was left with little or no money He did not blame the Military..Together with him and Okonjo Iweala,they toured the world asking for debt relive..he brought in great Nigerians who turned things around..Okonjo Iweala,Charles soludo,Nuhu ribadu,el-rufai..remi oyo,Dora Akunyili,etc.. Fast forward 2015,Mr Buhari brought in the same set of people that we have known for years..He meet Billions in coffers,all he can do is to complain,complain and complain..

1 Like

Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by sammft99: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
oshomole will soon see the other side of Nigerians...Im sure his mouth is leaking ogiri
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by sammft99: 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
tunder fire oshomole 20 times, Nigerians are dyeing and hes appealing for more suffering?
Lordxeer:
I completely understand your frustration. Do you
think continuing with GEJ would have yielded better results? We
might have to wait another decade for change. On
the flip side, it MIGHT be better in the long run. It was
an easy decision for nigerians to make. So patience is the way forward.
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by sammft99: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
tunder fire oshomole 20 times, Nigerians are dyeing and hes appealing for more suffering? We must appreciate that Nigerians are suffering under Buhari much more than any Government before...so what are you talking...
Lordxeer:
I completely understand your frustration. Do you
think continuing with GEJ would have yielded better results? We
might have to wait another decade for change. On
the flip side, it MIGHT be better in the long run. It was
an easy decision for nigerians to make. So patience is the way forward.
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by july66: 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
ritababe:
we never talk about your own you talking about buhari,.
yiu never pay workers four months and they are complaining but you nor care, na campaign you they about.
mtcheeeew.
u dey edo? Oshio no play with salary o. For Naija Oshio na number 1 for salary matter. He try for that one o.
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by jerryok(m): 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
these pple 'll neva die a peacefull death.
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by lollmaolol(m): 12:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
Stale
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by damton(m): 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
happney65:

Under OBJ,Oil price was $16,If you want the fact i can give you that..It did not go pass $70 under OBJ.He meet a debt of $40Billion.He was left with little or no money He did not blame the Military..Together with him and Okonjo Iweala,they toured the world asking for debt relive..he brought in great Nigerians who turned things around..Okonjo Iweala,Charles soludo,Nuhu ribadu,el-rufai..remi oyo,Dora Akunyili,etc.. Fast forward 2015,Mr Buhari brought in the same set of people that we have known for years..He meet Billions in coffers,all he can do is to complain,complain and complain..

perhaps, during the beginning of his tenure, but I know that at some point in his administration, he sold oil for 120 dollars or thereabout, this I'm certain of.

Besides, you mentioned NOI, I don't want to believe that you are not aware that the same NOI who made so much savings under obj s tenure have come to claim that the last dispensation (GEJ) had no political will to save into the excess crude account, thereby leaving nothing to absorb economic shock. And as matter of fact, she clearly confessed that Govt had to borrow to pay salary during some few months just when the administration was about to handover.

And speaking of Buhari meeting billions ,I'd like you to describe the accounts this billions were domicile.

We all say Buhari complains, but then do you take the blame of a crisis you did not cause. perhaps you don't understand that government is a continuum. Its like a chain reaction ,whatever occurs in the previous administration will definitely rub off on the present administration.

Need I remind you that Yaraduas administration was able to weather the storm due to savings in the excess crude account he inherited from obj and a very buoyant foreign reserve.
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by RUDEBOYY(m): 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
This man is taking from his anus ...
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by ritababe(f): 1:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
july66:
u dey edo? Oshio no play with salary o. For Naija Oshio na number 1 for salary matter. He try for that one o.

bro go health sector and see how many months he is owing,.
if I nor dey Edo I won't complain
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by happney65: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
damton:

perhaps, during the beginning of his tenure, but I know that at some point in his administration, he sold oil for 120 dollars or thereabout, this I'm certain of.

Besides, you mentioned NOI, I don't want to believe that you are not aware that the same NOI who made so much savings under obj s tenure have come to claim that the last dispensation (GEJ) had no political will to save into the excess crude account, thereby leaving nothing to absorb economic shock. And as matter of fact, she clearly confessed that Govt had to borrow to pay salary during some few months just when the administration was about to handover.

And speaking of Buhari meeting billions ,I'd like you to describe the accounts this billions were domicile.

We all say Buhari complains, but then do you take the blame of a crisis you did not cause. perhaps you don't understand that government is a continuum. Its like a chain reaction ,whatever occurs in the previous administration will definitely rub off on the present administration.

Need I remind you that Yaraduas administration was able to weather the storm due to savings in the excess crude account he inherited from obj and a very buoyant foreign reserve.

Another Excuse my broda..Below is the Link that shows how much oil was sold since 1946,It never sold for $100 under OBJ and he did wonders..Please look at the link..

http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Historical_Oil_Prices_Table.asp

Also,OBJ even inherited a debt of $30Billion..Paid about $12Billion and was able to have the rest written off by the Paris Club..He brought in Great Nigerians that changed things..he never complained about what the Military did for one Day..He meet a near empty treasury..The APC Meet Billions..Approximately 30Billion naira in Foreign reserves.

Abegi between now when PDP Handed over to APC and when the Military handed over to PDP in 1999,which was much worse?I guess you know the truth..1999 was worse,and OBJ came in and did wonders that was why he could win a Landslide in 2003 and all throughout the federation especially the southwest that did not vote for him in 1999..So stop complaining,things where much more worse in 1999,OBJ did not shout..Mr Bubu shld not take us back to pre 1999 with hes archaic policies.The same thing he did in 1983-84 he is doing now..I am not surprised,person wey no succed under military,na hin go succed under democracy wey get checks and balances..Thank You..
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by Paperwhite(m): 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
McJane:
Be patient for how long? even the girl named patience living down my street can't be patient with buhari abeg Mr man just swerve biko girls too dey vex
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by Paperwhite(m): 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
McJane:
Be patient for how long? even the girl named patience living down my street can't be patient with buhari abeg Mr man just swerve biko girls too dey vex
Nne biko nu o. kiss kiss wink cheesy grin
Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by damton(m): 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
happney65:

Another Excuse my broda..Below is the Link that shows how much oil was sold since 1946,It never sold for $100 under OBJ and he did wonders..Please look at the link..

http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Historical_Oil_Prices_Table.asp

Also,OBJ even inherited a debt of $30Billion..Paid about $12Billion and was able to have the rest written off by the Paris Club..He brought in Great Nigerians that changed things..he never complained about what the Military did for one Day..He meet a near empty treasury..The APC Meet Billions..Approximately 30Billion naira in Foreign reserves.

Abegi between now when PDP Handed over to APC and when the Military handed over to PDP in 1999,which was much worse?I guess you know the truth..1999 was worse,and OBJ came in and did wonders that was why he could win a Landslide in 2003 and all throughout the federation especially the southwest that did not vote for him in 1999..So stop complaining,things where much more worse in 1999,OBJ did not shout..Mr Bubu shld not take us back to pre 1999 with hes archaic policies.The same thing he did in 1983-84 he is doing now..I am not surprised,person wey no succed under military,na hin go succed under democracy wey get checks and balances..Thank You..

Thanks for the clarifications

However, you can't compare 1999 to 2016 based on so many factors,

1.during the period spanning objs tenure, the population figure averaged 120 Million based on 2006 census. and thus, budget size was above a trillion Naira, unlike now where we have close to 200 million and government bureaucracy have grown exponentially to increase the budget figure to over 6 trillion.

2. you can't compare an import bill of less than 150 billion to 2016 where import bill is close to 1 trillion which of course puts pressure on the Naira and foreign reserve

Instructively, I hope you are aware that for the past 5 years recurrent expenditure have always been unevenly skewed against capital expenditure
(90 percent to 10).

Having, said that, its only rational to think that we've relied so much on cheap dollars and resting our hope on a dangerously volatile commodity to our own peril. it will only be plausible if the economy can be largely diversified and the culture of producing rather than consuming is well entrenched in our economy. rather, we chose to build an economy based on rent from the sale of natural resource without value addition.

Nonetheless, I'm not saying that this present administration does not have its failings, but let our expectations be hinged on existing realities.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. by idima(m): 6:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
Failure to plan is plaining to fail.
In your case APC did not plan and they are failures

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? / Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. / LASG To Close Down Illegal Slaughterhouses, Clear Streets Of Stray Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.