Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! (4713 Views)

Why Theists And Deists Can't Tell Us "God Wasn't Created".. / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by lepasharon(f): 12:59am On Aug 10, 2016
Freiburger:

Must you go insane just to promote your blog? undecided

grin grin
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by shadeyinka(m): 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2016
Pr0ton:

If a friend tells you a tree is right in front of your door and you go out to check it out and can't find one, then you can reasonably say there is no tree in front of your door.

If he says the tree is invincible or can't be perceived by any of your sense organs you are not wrong to call him stupid and feel right about your judgement. This is the stand of atheists.

Your statement sound like wisdom only that you didn't factor in the fact that a tree is supposed to be physical.

Let's rephase
If a friend tells you a tree air is right in front of your door and you go out to check it out and can't find one, then you can reasonably say there is no tree air in front of your door.

If he says the tree air is invincible or can't be perceived by any of your sense organs you are not wrong to call him stupid and feel right about your judgement. This is the stand of atheists.

Can you see how brilliant your analogy is?
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Pr0ton: 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
shadeyinka:

Your statement sound like wisdom only that you didn't factor in the fact that a tree is supposed to be physical.

Let's rephase

Can you see how brilliant your analogy is?

Of course. In that you failed the logic behind using a concrete object, and shamefully ignored the fact that air can be felt with your skin. Very brilliant.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by shadeyinka(m): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
Pr0ton:

Of course. In that you failed the logic behind using a concrete object, and shamefully ignored the fact that air can be felt with your skin. Very brilliant.

I knew you will fall for it. I said air NOT wind.

Air cannot be seen nor felt, wind can be felt. Air is composed of Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, Chlorine etc most of which are invisible.

CheckMate!

Pr0ton

If a friend tells you a tree air is right in front of your door and you go out to check it out and can't find one, then you can reasonably say there is no tree air in front of your door.

If he says the tree air is invincible or can't be perceived by any of your sense organs you are not wrong to call him stupid and feel right about your judgement. This is the stand of atheists.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Pr0ton: 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
shadeyinka:

I knew you will fall for it. I said air NOT wind.

Air cannot be seen nor felt, wind can be felt. Air is composed of Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, Chlorine etc most of which are invisible.

CheckMate!

Not so quick.. All the elements you mentioned above can be detected through qualitative test, and yet by our sense organs.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Owliver(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
felixomor:

There is no such thing as vacuum.
Where God is not present will soon be occupied by sonething else.
And all these people who were 'neutral" how where they living?
Moreover, please how did they now know what is good an bad?
Or are u trying to tell me that if u raise a new born baby in a jungle, wiithout any knowledge of anything like cave men, the person will grow up to be a normal person like u?

Interesting!
be Careful how you use the term normal.

normal is subject to knowledge.

for instance
it is normal for muslims to marry 4 but abnormal for Christians.
it is normal for Christians to refer to Jesus as God but abnormal for Muslims.
without this implanted codes(knowledge) both parties wouldn't even contemplate on such but world rather find it strange.

normal is what a majority agree to be "normal" justified or not. it was normal to kill twins in calabar those days. it was normal to store adulterous women to death those days. it is normal to cut of the head of apostates in Saudi Arabia till date. so long the majority approves it becomes "normal"

knowledge makes a man.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by shadeyinka(m): 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
Pr0ton:

Not so quick.. All the elements you mentioned above can be detected through qualitative test, and yet by our sense organs.

So you mean that one need special dedicated instrument for detecting the presence of gases?
I perfectly agree with you!

If one cannot find a suitable instrument to detect gases, does it invalidate the truth of the statement that there is air in front of your house?

Since God is not from material things and He is not subject to the laws of physics, you will agree with me that He (GOD) cant be scientifically Measured nor Detected.

Our inability to measure or detect Him scientifically is not a proof that He doesn't exist. Its just an evidence of our inadequacies.

Still a CheckMate!
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 5:11pm On Sep 12, 2016
Owliver:
be Careful how you use the term normal.

normal is subject to knowledge.

for instance
it is normal for muslims to marry 4 but abnormal for Christians.
it is normal for Christians to refer to Jesus as God but abnormal for Muslims.
without this implanted codes(knowledge) both parties wouldn't even contemplate on such but world rather find it strange.

normal is what a majority agree to be "normal" justified or not. it was normal to kill twins in calabar those days. it was normal to store adulterous women to death those days. it is normal to cut of the head of apostates in Saudi Arabia till date. so long the majority approves it becomes "normal"

knowledge makes a man.

I get ur point, but
No matter the direction you toss the logic, u urself know that many of the things u just listed in ur mind fall short of the definition.
So the logical question still holds.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Owliver(m): 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
felixomor:

I get ur point, but
No matter the direction you toss the logic, u urself know that many of the things u just listed in ur mind fall short of the definition.
So the logical question still holds.
wrong. if we were to discuss base on logic there's no such thing as normal. but if we were to do it base on bias then yeah normal.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
Owliver:
wrong. if we were to discuss base on logic there's no such thing as normal. but if we were to do it base on bias then yeah normal.

There is nothing like "normal" in logic, wow

End of discussion!
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Pr0ton: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2016
shadeyinka:

So you mean that one need special dedicated instrument for detecting the presence of gases?
I perfectly agree with you!

If one cannot find a suitable instrument to detect gases, does it invalidate the truth of the statement that there is air in front of your house?

Since God is not from material things and He is not subject to the laws of physics, you will agree with me that He (GOD) cant be scientifically Measured nor Detected.

Our inability to measure or detect Him scientifically is not a proof that He doesn't exist. Its just an evidence of our inadequacies.

Still a CheckMate!

Stop check mating nonsense, little idiot. Your posts is in another words saying that anyone who believes the Superman comic is real and worships it with no evidence to give is with his senses and will be reasonable to call you a fo.ol for not believing in it with him.

That's what you're check mating.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by shadeyinka(m): 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
Pr0ton:

Stop check mating nonsense, little idiot. Your posts is in another words saying that anyone who believes the Superman comic is real and worships it with no evidence to give is with his senses and will be reasonable to call you a fo.ol for not believing in it with him.

That's what you're check mating.

Wetin I do you now. Sob! Sob.!
You say I be little idiot, ..ha, this no good oh. Sob! Sob!
Over chikini word like checkmate! Cry! Sob! Weep!

Somebody for Nairaland should come and pet me oh. Ehh! Uhh!

Sorry Bro, I just finished my tantrums over your reply to me. Hope you are now satisfied!

Pr0ton

This above was the issue at stake it wasn't about my Daddy in Heaven!

[size=18pt]It was indeed a big CHECKMATE! [/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OPM Dr Jesus Night With Coconut Friday 26th October. / How Attending Xperience13 Turned Me From An Atheist To A Believer / I Had A Rapture Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.