Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! (4701 Views)

Why Theists And Deists Can't Tell Us "God Wasn't Created".. / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by cloudgoddess(f): 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
Also here is a continuation of the second search result. A more fleshed out description of what atheism means and where the confusion about the word comes from:

1 Like

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Owliver(m): 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2016
OP no matter what logic we use we still can't prove that there's no God. we are too limited in knowledge to decide weather there's God or not. we can argue day in day out it still won't prove anything

something cannot come out of nothing sure. that defeats the concept of God already.

but before you go that far you need to deal with our own human existence first. we cannot just come out of nothing too. something must have cursed our creation.

let's not define it as religious people do. but for the fact that we don't know, that unknown knowledge is God.

God means knowledge unknown. respect it. worship it. make wishes. tell it all your worries. beg for favors. fear it. whatever it is we don't know .

knowledge above our human knowledge..

that is God.

1 Like

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
Owliver:
OP no matter what logic we use we still can't prove that there's no God. we are too limited in knowledge to decide weather there's God or not. we can argue day in day out it still won't prove anything

You can't prove non-existence.

That's flawed logic undecided
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Owliver(m): 5:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
SirWere:

You can't prove non-existence.

That's flawed logic undecided
logic has limit. after that what next? faith. have you traveled to the end of the universe to see what's there? infinity? how did you verify?

these things are above our knowledge. that makes it God(knowledge unknown)
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Pr0ton: 3:24am On Jul 10, 2016
felixomor:

There is no such thing as vacuum.
Where God is not present will soon be occupied by sonething else.
And all these people who were 'neutral" how where they living?
Moreover, please how did they now know what is good an bad?
Or are u trying to tell me that if u raise a new born baby in a jungle, wiithout any knowledge of anything like cave men, the person will grow up to be a normal person like u?

Interesting!

I think your whole point lies on the question of how could humans differentiate good from bad. That's not difficult to understand at all. You've only refused to think. Humans have conscience and feelings. Treat a man 'bad' he is going to feel it (whether pain, regret, emotional discomfort, etc) and this in return cautions him on his action towards others because he understands the feeling of it. Bad and good his human naming of this perception.

Human grows in a scientific way, I.e learning his environment. From this the perception of good and bad can spring forth. This is a neutral life. No supernatural involved.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Pr0ton: 3:27am On Jul 10, 2016
timonski:

so when don't any tree, does it mean that at the time he told you about tree that there was no tree outside?

Are you saying the tree could have shifted or something?

You don't have to answer.. You're thinking out of the purpose of that analogy.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 6:47am On Jul 10, 2016
Pr0ton:

I think your whole point lies on the question of how could humans differentiate good from bad. That's not difficult to understand at all. You've only refused to think. Humans have conscience and feelings. Treat a man 'bad' he is going to feel it (whether pain, regret, emotional discomfort, etc) and this in return cautions him on his action towards others because he understands the feeling of it. Bad and good his human naming of this perception.

Human grows in a scientific way, I.e learning his environment. From this the perception of good and bad can spring forth. This is a neutral life. No supernatural involved.

I dont think you have also thought as well.
Humans have conscience and feelings u said.
Then Please answer the first question I asked.
If u take a so called 'neutral new born baby' and raise him in the jungle like a cave man, will he have that "conscience and feeling"?
Or u want to experiment it?

Lets see who is thinking.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by CoolUsername: 6:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This has nothing to do with evidence . You thought God came from nothing , and I corrected you .

No evidence? I thought so.

KingEbukasBlog:

Energy , consciousness , morality , intelligence - all these are possible because God exists . This should help you understand -> https://www.nairaland.com/2973792/atheism-dead-logic-god-everything

Your definition of God is not well defined.

1 Like

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by shadeyinka(m): 11:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
Pr0ton:

If a friend tells you a tree is right in front of your door and you go out to check it out and can't find one, then you can reasonably say there is no tree in front of your door.

If he says the tree is invincible or can't be perceived by any of your sense organs you are not wrong to call him stupid and feel right about your judgement. This is the stand of atheists.

You again with illustrations that is usually unreasonable.

Isn't a tree expected to be physical?
Can there exist an invisible tree?

Suppose someone said Pr0ton, there is Air (Oxygen gas )in front of your door and then you go out of course seeing nothing: then you conclude "There is no Air!".

Your illustration is PERFECT indeed!
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by shadeyinka(m): 11:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
Pr0ton:

One without knowledge of atheism or theism will be an atheist I.e a new born baby will grow up an atheist. Primitive humans knew nothing about religion, the corrupted idea came up later. Atheism is the natural way of thinking. It's the right path.

Sorry o! A human grows up to know and understand that there are invisible forces that influence his natural, therefore in the absence of no religious information, he invents his own religion.

It is an in-built instinct in man to seek the spiritual
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by shadeyinka(m): 11:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Or rather, you don't know the correct meaning of atheist or agnostic.

Atheism is a lack of belief in gods. Agnosticism is position which says that whether a god exists or not, can not be known for certain by human beings. A person can be both, and most atheists actually are both. I too am an agnostic atheist.

Even Richard Dawkins, one of the most active atheist speakers, puts himself at a 6 on a scale of 7, 7 being absolutely sure there is no god, and a 1 being absolutely sure there is. Both 1 and 7 are positions of Gnosticism - which no truly openminded person could take, and yet most theists do ("The existence of God is known, and I believe it exists" = gnostic theism).

I hope that helps clarify. The terms confused me too before I learned what they really meant.

Thanks for the education.
In summary,
Theist= Believe in God, gods & spirits
Atheist=Believe in NO God, NO gods nor spirits
Agnostic= Uncommitted, Undecided

An Agnostic is an Atheist who is afraid of being WRONG.

3 Likes

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Pr0ton: 12:14am On Aug 06, 2016
shadeyinka:

You again with illustrations that is usually unreasonable.

Isn't a tree expected to be physical?
Can there exist an invisible tree?

Suppose someone said Pr0ton, there is Air (Oxygen gas )in front of your door and then you go out of course seeing nothing: then you conclude "There is no Air!".

Your illustration is PERFECT indeed!

You are another breed of stupid!ty. That's why you couldn't grasp the reason for using tree as an analogy (and not the complicated part). You'll be a waste of time explaining things to because you are not fortunate to understand basic logic. Rot in your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 2:01am On Aug 06, 2016
Pr0ton:

You are another breed of stupid!ty. That's why you couldn't grasp the reason for using tree as an analogy (and not the complicated part). You'll be a waste of time explaining things to because you are not fortunate to understand basic logic. Rot in your ignorance.

Must u insult what u cant comprehend?
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by udysweet(f): 6:29am On Aug 06, 2016
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Should I add more?lol! Ok manage that,its for everyday of the week. Nuff said
winner01:
But atheists know it all undecided They know all reality undecided That's why they claim there is no God.
Don't fall for it when they include "until evidence is provided.". That addition has nothing to do with atheism, it is only added to make them sound reasonable.
Then they go on to spend their lives talking about God and religion. I like to think of them as angry-theists.

Most of those kinds of people who are "sincere" are agnostics at best. Except of course, you are sure of everything.

1 Like

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 06, 2016
Busayorafael:

You jump at every opportunity to discredit atheism. Most of your comments I've read are rife with childish tantrums. You know not how to engage dissent. Do you feel threatened when someone disagrees with you?
And Moreover, how old are you?
I argue with KingEbukaNaija a lot but that post is reasonable and there's no 'attack' there. Agnosticism means 'I dont know' and atheism means 'no god' when crudely translated.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 06, 2016
shadeyinka:

Thanks for the education.
In summary,
Theist= Believe in God, gods & spirits
Atheist=Believe in NO God, NO gods nor spirits
Agnostic= Uncommitted, Undecided

An Agnostic is an Atheist who is afraid of being WRONG.
I wonder how you reason
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 8:33am On Aug 06, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I wonder how you reason

Why are u wondering, because of the definitions?

Just asking.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 06, 2016
felixomor:

Why are u wondering, because of the definitions?

Just asking.
Yes. Despite the fact that she clarified it for you, you still say an "agnostic is an atheist that is afraid of being wrong". 'Agnostic' is an adjective. There are agnostic atheists and agnostic theists. I am an agnostic theist because I believe that there is a supernatural being that exists outside of our universe and is not confined by any of our observed natural laws, that probably set into motion the first life on earth. However, I cant explain it, and no religion on earth has been able to describe such a being without contradicting itself. Agnostic simple means 'dont know'. Some agnostics dont know and dont care, some, like me, dont know and are researching and putting pieces together to try to find the truth. There are also agnostic atheists that believe there is no god, but they are not sure. They are not 'afraid', they just aren't 100% sure if they are correct, and they too, sometimes, engage in research to further validate their claim that there's no god
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Yes. Despite the fact that she clarified it for you, you still say an "agnostic is an atheist that is afraid of being wrong". 'Agnostic' is an adjective. There are agnostic atheists and agnostic theists. I am an agnostic theist because I believe that there is a supernatural being that exists outside of our universe and is not confined by any of our observed natural laws, that probably set into motion the first life on earth. However, I cant explain it, and no religion on earth has been able to describe such a being without contradicting itself. Agnostic simple means 'dont know'. Some agnostics dont know and dont care, some, like me, dont know and are researching and putting pieces together to try to find the truth. There are also agnostic atheists that believe there is no god, but they are not sure. They are not 'afraid', they just aren't 100% sure if they are correct, and they too, sometimes, engage in research to further validate their claim that there's no god

But the comment never defined the combinations.
The comment only defined the basics
There are people who are basically "agnostic"(noun). Its not only an adjective. Check it up.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by lazyList: 9:26am On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

grin grin grin . These atheists reason with their anus grin
sure u are okay up there?
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 06, 2016
felixomor:

But the comment never defined the combinations.
The comment only defined the basics
There are people who are basically "agnostic"(noun). Its not only an adjective. Check it up.
Agnostic is an adjective and agnosticism is a noun. Just like democracy (noun) = democratic(adj). If someone tells you they're an agnostic person ask if they are an agnostic theist or agnostic atheist. If they say they are just 'agnostic' then they fall under the " I don't know and I don't care" category
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 10:45am On Aug 06, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Agnostic is an adjective and agnosticism is a noun. Just like democracy (noun) = democratic(adj). If someone tells you they're an agnostic person ask if they are an agnostic theist or agnostic atheist. If they say they are just 'agnostic' then they fall under the " I don't know and I don't care" category

smiley

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 06, 2016
felixomor:

smiley
I know you feel smart with that but agnostic, in the screenshots you pasted are only used to describe a person. Its still an adjective. atheism>atheistic beliefs>atheist. theism>theistic beliefs> theist. agnosticism>agnostic beliefs>agnostic person. Its 'agnostic person' that's shortened to agnostic, to refer to those kind of people but in essence its still an adjective
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 11:03am On Aug 06, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I know you feel smart with that but agnostic, in the screenshots you pasted are only used to describe a person. Its still an adjective. a...................

Never said it wasnt an adjective. My first post was that its the noun that was basically defined.
But u insisted its an adjective and then u got the definition right there.

So where does the "feeling smart" come in for me? Or am I the owner of dictionary.com?
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 06, 2016
felixomor:

Never said it wasnt an adjective. My first post was that its the noun that was basically defined.
But u insisted its an adjective and then u got the definition right there.

So where does the "feeling smart" come in for me? Or am I the owner of dictionary.com?

Look at the first definition and read my post again! We're defining it in the religious sense. What did I say? If they are neither agnostic theists or agnostic atheists then they fall into 'I don't know and I don't care'. What does the first definition say? Its is unknown and everything is limited to their personal experience. Why are you so eager to 'prove me wrong' that you're not reading my posts and seeing what I'm driving at? As opposed to you saying "agnostics are atheists that are scared they're wrong".
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 11:18am On Aug 06, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Look at the first definition and read my post again! We're defining it in the religious sense. What did I say? If they are neither agnostic theists or agnostic atheists then they fall into 'I don't know and I don't care'. What does the first definition say? Its is unknown and everything is limited to their personal experience. Why are you so eager to 'prove me wrong' that you're not reading my posts and seeing what I'm driving at? As opposed to you saying "agnostics are atheists that are scared they're wrong".

Was that what u meant when u likened "agnostic" to "democratic" adjective?

And please did u know before there was "agnostic" noun, and yes even speaking in the religious sense?

Be sincere. sad
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 06, 2016
felixomor:

Was that what u meant when u likened "agnostic" to "democratic" adjective?

And please did u know before there was "agnostic" noun, and yes even speaking in the religious sense?

Be sincere. sad
A person who believes in Islam is a Muslim. A person who believes in the principles of atheism is an atheist. As for agnosticism, there's no such word as 'agnosticist'. You say agnostic person, or just agnostic, for short, when trying to use it as a noun. But the word 'agnostic' is basically an adjective. That's what I've been saying since. Agnostic roughly translates to 'don't know'. So if the person is neither an agnostic theist (a theist that isn't sure/doesn't know) or an agnostic atheist, then you are talking about an 'agnostic person', who doesn't know and doesn't care, isnt interessted in atheism or theism. That's what I've been saying since.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 11:34am On Aug 06, 2016
AnonyNymous:

A person who believes in Islam is a Muslim. A person who believes in the principles of atheism is an atheist. As for agnosticism, there's no such word as 'agnosticist'. You say agnostic person, or just agnostic, for short, when trying to use it as a noun. But the word 'agnostic' is basically an adjective. T..............

I cease to proceed in view of the above . Its a usual phenomenon.
the first meaning on the dictionary.com page which defines it, classifies it as noun. Yet u insist "basically an adjective".

As if thats not enough, you are now the one trying to lecture us on the origin of the noun. Yeah right.

All I can tell u is that next time before u come out to fault someone's definition, try to use your dictionary first.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by hahn(m): 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Atheism = I dont know but its not God = close-mindedness

Agnosticism = I don't know , it could be God , it could anything = open-mindedness

Theism = I know my god is better because my holy book, my pastor/imam/spiritualist/etc, my parents, other believers of my faith say so. And I do not care if the followers of the other 4,200 gods say the same thing. I am right and they are wrong. smiley

1 Like

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
hahn:

Theism = I know my god is better because my holy book, my pastor/imam/spiritualist/etc, my parents, other believers of my faith say so. And I do not care if the followers of the other 4,200 gods say the same thing. I am right and they are wrong. smiley

Always make sure if ur reply to somebody's comment makes sense before typing.
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by hahn(m): 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
felixomor:

Always make sure if ur reply to somebody's comment makes sense before typing.
cool

grin
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
hahn:

How does this stop the creator of the universe from existing ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OPM Dr Jesus Night With Coconut Friday 26th October. / If Jesus Comes Today Would You Let Him In? / End-time Study: Positioning Yourself For The Moves Of God In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.