Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State (84943 Views)

Dolphin Killed By A Man In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Trapped Manatee Caught And Butchered In Bayelsa By Residents. Photos / Photos Of Dolphin Caught In Brass, Bayelsa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by chrisbaby24(m): 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2016
Lol...see as dat mad man pose....like say na dragon he kill....grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by heryurh(m): 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2016
The Dolphin missed its way while swimming in the Atlantic Ocean & found itself in Nigeria & our Very Beloved Mo'Fvckin Nigerian Bruvs decided to Kill it? undecided

10 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by mjameel(m): 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2016
Very harmless.. I see no justification for them to kill it. Dolphins are very rare

9 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by kenzysmith: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2016
Wetin oyibo take they catch fun na we wan use do pepper soup for the dophin mind why me

2 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by 2ndejoj(m): 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
izzou:
And see as the guy pose like say he just came back from a fierce battle

Mtchhheew

in his mind he just conquered a Dolphine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by wolelove(m): 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
See that dude de form hero on top harmless fish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by BAZETU12: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by viki84(m): 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
i feel for this harmless creature. RIP dolphins fc 😉

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by igwegeorgiano(m): 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:
These are creatures you hardly find in Nigeria, yet these ones killed it. Imagine if we had an artificial beach or pool with these dolphins, wouldn't it be nice?

All we know is stomach infrastructure, we no dey ever see the big picture.
my bro dont blame them cos there are no enabling law protecting d lives of such beautiful creatures. unfortunately again, most of our so called zoologists are already into deep slumber. Nigeria is still developing.

2 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by teganto(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
grin NAIJA WITH MEAT

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Ariyojoel(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
bigtt76:
Pipeline den go blow, people den go kidnap, poor creatures den go kill.... Niger Delta I hail ona all o! grin
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I tired fr dem oooo

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:
These are creatures you hardly find in Nigeria, yet these ones killed it. Imagine if we had an artificial beach or pool with these dolphins, wouldn't it be nice?

hunger full land dats why grin
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Audray(f): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
Poor thing sad

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nigerians needs a brain reset angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
Hunger grin

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by 123abiola: 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
All for the sake of stomach,
I can only spot atenu people

1 Like

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Rilwon: 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
Woow! See meat shocked
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by ghostmist: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:

it's hard to see any picture at all when one is hungry..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ppl are hungry so make una free dem although am not in support of d poor creature dey killed but dis hunger is very much real..... Op abeg tell ur frnd to send my own share of d meat.
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Fxwarrior: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
These men ought to have been arrested in a saner society.

Me that have not seen a live dolphin in my life. Na im these men come fukup what would have been my chance of seeing one in a Nigerian zoo. Chai! E no go better for dem.
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by idupaul: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
I watch animal documentaries a lot and this is the first time I am seeing a human killing one intentionally

9 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Certifiedbillio(m): 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
Very cruel people

5 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by BomboyOnline: 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
Eating dolphin meat may seem abhorrent to most Americans, but many cultures around the world include marine mammals in their diets. For instance, people on the tropical island of St. Vincent in the Caribbean can legally hunt and eat dolphins.Nov 6, 2014
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
Lord have mercy. What is wrong with the black man?

Just look at the innocent creature who was probably looking for who to save before those 1diots killed it. I'm almost in tears.

Do this in the states and rot in jail.

7 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Blitz888(m): 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nigerians kill every and anything killable... Poor dolphin!

Blame it on stomach infrastructure!

5 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by toniaangel(f): 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
Stupidity in the highest Level...Y kill this wonderful creature for food? am so sad I swear

3 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by ALAYORMII: 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
If Nigerians sees a real mermaid

Am sure they will kill and eat it

There's so much hunger that people can't even think straight

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
SilvanusII:
Like seriously These things will attack a shark to protect man. They are like dogs of the ocean. No surprises na. Ppl dey kuku chop dog
u dare not let off ur dog in d streets of calabar grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by manuel80(m): 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
maka why..killing a dolphin is out of it

2 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ada9103:
Why evils embarassed.....

No be this same dolphin wey de play with seyi some days ago..........una target the fish come kill am........una weldone ooooooo
seyi Bleep, she for no snap pishure with the dolphin,, hold her responsible
Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by BomboyOnline: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
[size=14pt]The dangers of eating dolphin meat[/size]

Eating dolphin meat may seem abhorrent to most Americans, but many cultures around the world include marine mammals in their diets. For instance, people on the tropical island of St. Vincent in the Caribbean can legally hunt and eat dolphins. But these culinary traditions have a health downside: The meat and blubber contain high levels of mercury, which can contribute to disorders ranging from memory loss to seizures.

Much of the mercury pollution in the ocean comes from gold mining. Once in the water, it can be converted to another chemical called methylmercury. Small organisms ingest the mercury and methylmercury; when predators eat those animals, they accumulate even higher levels of the toxic compounds. Because marine mammals are near the top of the food chain, they often carry the most mercury in their tissues.

Researchers studied dolphin consumption in St. Vincent, where about two-thirds of the residents eat marine mammal meat. The team members analyzed meat and blubber from 28 spinner dolphins and 11 Atlantic spotted dolphins that had been caught near the island. They also tested processed unidentified cetacean meat, probably from dolphins or pilot whales, from a market. People usually process the meat by cutting it into pieces and drying it to make a beef jerky-like snack.

The fresh, unprocessed tissue contained an average of 0.92 to 1.57 micrograms of mercury per gram, the researchers report in Marine Pollution Bulletin. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration considers 1 microgram per gram to be the “action level” at which authorities could advise people to cut down on seafood consumption. And the processed meat was far worse — it contained an average of 7.59 micrograms of mercury and 6.05 micrograms of methylmercury per gram of tissue.

The results suggest that dolphin meat could pose a health risk to the people of St. Vincent, the team suggests. If public health officials advise residents to eat less of it, dolphin populations could benefit — but managers will need to make sure that substituting other meats doesn’t create another conservation problem. — Roberta Kwok | 6 November 2014

Source: Fielding, R. and D.W. Evans. 2014. Mercury in Caribbean dolphins (Stenella longirostris and Stenella frontalis) caught for human consumption off St. Vincent, West Indies. Marine Pollution Bulletin doi: 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2014.10.040.

6 Likes

Re: Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State by aperture11: 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
Which way Naija? Illiteracy is indeed a disease. This is the Bottle-Nose Dolphin and it is probably the most intelligent specie of dolphin, very friendly and probably didn't think it would be killed. While it isn't endangered, there are efforts around the world to curb its killing.

http://www.dolphins-world.com/bottlenose-dolphin/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottlenose_dolphin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos) / Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion / How Flying Snakes Can Glide Through The Air (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.