Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage (4194 Views)

Wife Recognizes Cheating Husband After Lady Shares Close Photo With Him On Twitt / Indian Woman Divorces Greedy Husband After 3 Hours & Remarries The Same Day (Pic / Why I Divorced My Wife With 7months Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by Vendoor(f): 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2016

My prayer is that this doesn’t happen to you. I have decided to share this sad experience with Intimate Gist to lessen the burden I carry about. Here is my story! An old friend from when I was in church camp found me on Facebook. We reconnected and dated for a year. We got married, planned our wedding very quickly. I was head over heels in love and happy, and had a wonderful, amazing wedding.

3 days later- We hadn’t even gone on our honeymoon yet–I found out that he had been cheating on me for the last six months with his ex-girlfriend. I had just gotten a DVD in the mail and he had just left for work, and it was the first wedding pictures. Every bride is so excited to see her first wedding photos, so I popped the disc into my computer and it wouldn’t go in. It kept flipping out.

I had never gone on my husband’s computer once, never on his phone once, and he had left his computer on that night and I popped it in. And as soon as I popped that disc in, Skype came up and I saw six months of very awful conversations and video, etc. that no new bride should have to see…

Afterwards, He was in shock. I was just devastated, my friends really came to my rescue. I went back to my parents’ house, got under the covers of my bed, and just wanted to stay there.

I still loved the man, but the trust wasn’t there anymore. I was broken, I was embarrassed. I had just had this big wedding in front of all of my friends and family. I come from a family where my parents hadn’t been divorced, none of my aunts and uncles, my grandparents — I was going to be the first divorce in my entire family. And it was just humiliating.”
It crossed my mind — ‘maybe I could get past this. Maybe I could forgive him.’ He and his ex-girlfriend came very clean to me, and they apologized and I still loved him.”

Ultimately, however, she said that couldn’t bring herself to trust her new husband. “But I really just deep down knew, this wasn’t going to last a lifetime and this was something that–I wasn’t going to be able to do it. I just knew it. I couldn’t do it.”
I was blessed where I saw loving marriages. My mom and dad were in love and married 40 years. So I saw loving marriages, and I just knew that, moving forward, this wasn’t going to be a relationship where I was going to ever feel that love and devotion and trust that I saw with my parents.

Source: http://intimategist.com/why-i-divorced-my-husband-after-3-days-of-marriage/
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by Taiyescott(m): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
it is well..
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by honeygirl17: 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
You no serious
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by IRserveMyComent(f): 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
Since you still loved him you would have stayed and learnt how to trust him again no matter how difficult.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by tempem: 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
Some questions need to be asked.
Can't just judge without asking.
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by muahmed(m): 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
Story.....
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by OkoAnike(m): 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
Huummmm, great delicate decision.....
I pray that God will help you to find ur true love.

But going through the words of my father, he said when you leave your wife because she didn't know how to cook, you may end up having a great cook for her replacement but sure the next one will have another question u can't answer.
Hence, u try another one to another one until you will later find out that the one u left is an angel.

Please if any of us find our self in such situation please forgiveness is the answer, God bless our home /family

1 Like

Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
She was too naive.
Well that's her problem.

How can you date someone for a year without actually even for once, going through their phone!

Fúck that privacy shít. If you are planning to settle down with someone, know them inside outside.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by KRISTON(m): 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
issorite
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by njiasi30(f): 5:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
muahmed:
Story.....
4 d gods grin
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by Rasque1759(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
u just need to go back to him...he already let you know he's the one at fault and apologised....he still love you I think
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
A man you were in a relationship with cheated on you for over 6 months and you did not even get a grasp of it?
You need to upgrade your detection game, for real.
Anyway, the deed is done. I wish you all the best in your future relationship.

1 Like

Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by ajoyeleke(m): 11:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
Mtchw wats diz one saying, sidown dia dey find loyal partner

2 Likes

Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by brosasamy(m): 12:04am On Jul 06, 2016
Ask your mum if your dad never cheated on her. Or those aunties what they are enduring in their marrieges.
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by Vendoor(f): 8:18am On Jul 06, 2016
Men and infidelity are like-

1 Like

Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by GoldenJAT(m): 9:06am On Jul 06, 2016
u came, u saw, and took 2 ur heels!!! what a MARRIAGE!

1 Like

Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by rawpadgin(m): 9:10am On Jul 06, 2016
is that enough reason to divorce him
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by harrysjones(m): 10:24am On Jul 06, 2016
am afraid.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by Vendoor(f): 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
cry
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
First divorcee in your extended family? Wow! What a record breaker you are!
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by greatwhite(m): 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
So sorry dear. I can only imagine how you feel right now. I would advice you forgive him and let time heal you. The trust would return. I can assure you. He would do everything in his power to make you trust him again. Things would be fine again.

There is no such thing as a perfect marriage, husband or wife. No guarantees.
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by MrJah(m): 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
You neva chiiii chomchin. You were lucky to get married and you allowed the opportunity of remaining in the marriage vanish? undecided jealousy go kill you cos the man will go for a prettier n better gal.
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by superfelix: 12:03am On Jul 08, 2016
ehyaa
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by Vendoor(f): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
greatwhite:
So sorry dear. I can only imagine how you feel right now. I would advice you forgive him and let time heal you. The trust would return. I can assure you. He would do everything in his power to make you trust him again. Things would be fine again.

There is no such thing as a perfect marriage, husband or wife. No guarantees.

True
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by 9rad(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
undecided

Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by Vendoor(f): 6:33am On Jul 09, 2016
brosasamy:
Ask your mum if your dad never cheated on her. Or those aunties what they are enduring in their marrieges.
embarassed
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by abbeyboy2o15(m): 6:35am On Jul 09, 2016
Vendoor:

embarassed
vendoor vendoor you wont seem to amaze someone.
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by Vendoor(f): 6:37am On Jul 09, 2016
abbeyboy2o15:
vendoor vendoor you wont seem to amaze someone.

Don't get it wink
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by abbeyboy2o15(m): 6:38am On Jul 09, 2016
Vendoor:

Don't get it wink
it is about your epistle.
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by jashar(f): 9:17am On Jul 09, 2016
brosasamy:

Why should a person endure marriage? Why? Just to be called 'married'?

Hiiiaaaan!!!!!!
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by laribari(m): 6:43am On Nov 14, 2017
Vendoor:
Men and infidelity are like-

Don't believe everything you read on social media. Do you really think a guy is cheating wouldn't have password on his fone or laptop? The husband had since gone to work and the computer would have hibernated since he used it the night before. For her to wake the system from hibernation she has to provide the password.

I don't believe this story.

However, let's just pretend it's true (just in case someone else needs an advise). For me, it's not wise for a lady to quickly make a decision of divorce just after 3 days without given him a chance to repent now that he is married. Marriage can change a lot of things, children can change a lot of things by the time responsibility start to come in.

The question is does he care for you and treat you nice? Does he respect you even though he cheats? If all these boxes are ticked then he stand a beta chance to repent. Even the ex will be a fool to still stick around now that he is married. Don't worry, the marriage is just 3 days old, the lady will soon realize she's wasting her time with him; even the man will soon realize he is married.

It's good that she even found out on time so that she can address it. It's not news naa, 97.3% men are cheat and if you marry another one because of that then you may have same issue. In marriage, let God fight for you through prayer but if you act in your own wisdom or what your friends say, you may just act stupidly. Don't expect the man to stop overnight especially the one that loves sex so much.

If he is attracted to just a lady (his ex) then it's easy but if he is attracted to sex, it means he will change the girls he flirt with, so don't expect such a man to change overnight. It was during one of his sexual escapades that he met you and became friends to the point of marriage. At times sef, some women will force the guy into marriage and cry he is a play boy magazine actor and want him to stop over night. Divorce is not a solution to infidelity, it has never been.
Re: Why I Divorced My Husband After 3 Days Of Marriage by ubunja(m): 6:54am On Nov 14, 2017
and if it was the man divorcing,everyone wud be calling him shallow and insensitive and needs to forgive. smh.but when women do it its OK. u all make me sick.
more power to men who are fighting back the worship of women

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Stuck In Unhealthy Relationship / Peeps please help me win the Miss FUTA competition :) / I Celebrate Her (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.