Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu (10846 Views)

ECOWAS Court Adjourns Nnamdi Kanu’s Human Right Case Against FG / Patience Jonathan Files N2bn Suit Against EFCC For Violation Of Her Human Right / Why Has No One, Pleaded Fundamental Human Right For Vampire And His Gang? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by iamauxin(m): 7:43am On Jul 06, 2016
K
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by ZeroTolerance: 7:44am On Jul 06, 2016
aresssa:
lmao..wetin concern human rights with forgery..?
Ask Buhari the Yoruba god.

1 Like

Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by millionaireman: 7:45am On Jul 06, 2016
They want to turn Nigeria to an estate of the Fulani, that's what Ikpeazu is suffering.

1 Like

Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by millionaireman: 7:48am On Jul 06, 2016
odiks:
Mr Governor you are not being denied anything. Are you not in court already? Did anybody stop you? Why are you being economical with truth? Why not say they want to deny you of Government funds to pursue your case at the Appeal? Why not tell the world that you want to remain on seat and be using state funds to pursue your case? Your fear is that you cannot live without state funds and allocation for now. It's so sweet that you are beginning to miss it already? By the way, when last did you pay salaries of civil servants ? Are you aware that civil servants are being owed 5months salaries? Are you also aware that civil servants in your state were last paid in January and this is July Mr Governor. Why are you so heartless Mr Governor? Last month allocation has just arrived and you want to waste it in court cases and political abracadabra? The God of Abians and your praise singers will not allow you do that........ He will rise on behalf of the poor masses and suffering civil servants in your state to deliver them from your hands and so see that you go to court from your house and not from Government house using state funds. If in the end you succeed you can come back to take your seat BUT FOR NOW - His Office Let Another Take.Acts 1:20

And you want to bring a new and unelected governor who shall use the state's funds to pursue court cases until four years tenure ends.

1 Like

Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by millionaireman: 7:59am On Jul 06, 2016
What are Appeal and Supreme Courts for if a Common High Court can give orders without option of appeal to quash the High court orders before the orders are implemented?

If that's the case, any High Court can hide some where and order that the president vacate his seat, name Kwankwaso, the runner up to Buhari last APC primary, to take over with immediate effect.
Kwankwaso becomes president, uses government money to buy the judiciary and remains president till the four years the case goes on in court.

Abia people. Be careful. They want to use another means to render your state useless for another four years.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by eph12(m): 8:05am On Jul 06, 2016
odiks:
Mr Governor you are not being denied anything. Are you not in court already? Did anybody stop you? Why are you being economical with truth? Why not say they want to deny you of Government funds to pursue your case at the Appeal? Why not tell the world that you want to remain on seat and be using state funds to pursue your case? Your fear is that you cannot live without state funds and allocation for now. It's so sweet that you are beginning to miss it already? By the way, when last did you pay salaries of civil servants ? Are you aware that civil servants are being owed 5months salaries? Are you also aware that civil servants in your state were last paid in January and this is July Mr Governor. Why are you so heartless Mr Governor? Last month allocation has just arrived and you want to waste it in court cases and political abracadabra? The God of Abians and your praise singers will not allow you do that........ He will rise on behalf of the poor masses and suffering civil servants in your state to deliver them from your hands and so see that you go to court from your house and not from Government house using state funds. If in the end you succeed you can come back to take your seat BUT FOR NOW - His Office Let Another Take.Acts 1:20
Hope you can read and understand well? I doubt undecided

1 Like

Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 06, 2016
eph12:
Hope you can read and understand well? I doubt undecided
lol
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by Sylvester70(m): 8:11am On Jul 06, 2016
jusk like "job" did i would advise u to change that ur name and know where ur problems are coming from ikpeazu(back judgement)
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by Ojiofor: 8:11am On Jul 06, 2016
odiks:

He used a whopping 46 billion naira loan to bribe his way out in Otti vs Ikpeazu and all his initial gra gra projects was abandoned after he won at supreme court.
As you rightly said,his office let OGA take.
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by eph12(m): 8:16am On Jul 06, 2016
Fyno:
These same ( Evil)Elders that has run Abia aground since the time of TA Orji are now backing TA's stooge so that the looting continues.

This Evil old men only live on monthly grants from the state,look at them,political jobbers.

How many times have you heard this evil elders been critical of the state of infrastructural decay in Aba and other towns in Abia or are they not seeing it,even their flight to Abuja for this Evil jamboree was funded by tax payers money. All of them live in a very big mansions but ask them their source of income,they will simply tell you am a politician, in Abia politics is the highest business that's why they are desperate to maintain the status quo.

Tell me the reason why Ikpeazu cannot just congratulate Ogah and save the state of the impending crisis

Why can't Ikpeazu emulate GEJ and write his name in gold in the history of Abia

He has bought almost half of Aba,go to his village,he's building what Ochendo did not built, amassing more than 30 hectares of land,he's bought a house in London and many other places under 2 yrs

Teachers are been owed 8 months,Abia poly (both academic and non academic staff) are been owned 9 months, students are now left at the mercy of this lecturers,hence pushing most students in to prostitution in order to raise money to pass exams

Administration has died in Abia, people who live outside Abia will be supporting this criminal cartel but if you stay in Aba especially, you'll want these cartel down as soon as possible
Ikpeazu has every right to appeal. Everyone one has that right. It does not mean automatic change in court decisions. The court will definitely uphold the ruling of the high Court if necessary. It's left for the appeal court to fast track this case.
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by jtjoyful(m): 8:17am On Jul 06, 2016
How can I port a new topic?

1 Like

Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by nonjebose(m): 8:17am On Jul 06, 2016
AishyWemsy:
Even under the same umbrella, at the end of the day is always about selfish interest not for the love of masses. undecided
one plate of hot akpu and nsala for this comment. It is always a case of playing the victim when they are in trouble
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by sammhi(m): 8:17am On Jul 06, 2016
aresssa:
lmao..wetin concern human rights with forgery..?
So because it is forgery he is not entitled to an appeal?
Please what sort of human being are you?
If Ikpeazu is guilty , let him even be jailed but he is entitled to a fair hearing and a right of appeal
That is all....

1 Like

Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by Icecomrade: 8:31am On Jul 06, 2016
odiks:

Maybe some people understand their rights. Some are not Cowards. And choosing not to succumb to cowardice does not mean they want to use government fund to pursue appeal.

The judgment is faulted and should not be allowed to hold sway. Thats promoting impunity.
It's only a court of final jurisprudence that can issue such order.

Appeal is a constitutional right available to you and Ikpeazu. You cannot excute a judgement that is heard on appeal.

So try a little to hide your ignorance when next you want to react to headlines on Nairaland
Ewu

1 Like

Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by bamite(m): 8:43am On Jul 06, 2016
Nkem4040:
Useless man...you denied Igbos right to existence...killed them in cold blood for marching, and you are here crying over fundamental human right? Agwo Agwo tukwashigi anya ebao.
Kai igbos, una wahala plenty. I wonder how biafra will be like, south sudan go de learn work for una side
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by holyeye1989(m): 8:46am On Jul 06, 2016
Trash if u are talking about election. Mr ogah can win over and over again Okezie this seat is never for u. So is not by force that u must govern us. Go to where u belong and stop ranting.
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by ipreach: 8:50am On Jul 06, 2016
There is no vacant seat in Umuahia government house

1 Like

Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by shaibu123: 9:02am On Jul 06, 2016
We hear you but step down.The Judge have told you second time that his judgment on the 27th is final.
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by Obec70(m): 9:19am On Jul 06, 2016
Lawyers political party! Can't go court, no estate to manage, busy harasing tenants that what they are.
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by odiks: 9:27am On Jul 06, 2016
Icecomrade:

Maybe some people understand their rights. Some are not Cowards. And choosing not to succumb to cowardice does not mean they want to use government fund to pursue appeal.

The judgment is faulted and should not be allowed to hold sway. Thats promoting impunity.

Appeal is a constitutional right available to you and Ikpeazu. You cannot excute a judgement that is heard on appeal.

So try a little to hide your ignorance when next you want to react to headlines on Nairaland
Ewu

You called me Ewu cos I told you the truth which hurts. See, you are part of the people deceiving the Governor. Ikpeazu has a very bad case and the embattled Governor knows this and that is why he is trying to buy time to see if a miracle would happen and they grant him a stay of execution which will enable him remain on seat and be pursuing his case but who says he can't appeal from outside if he has a good case? What is he afraid of?

See, It was Justice Ogbuagu [JSC] who held thus:-

"It is settled that the fact that an Appellant has wonderful, substantial, impressive and arguable grounds of appeal is not a special circumstance for granting a stay. In other words, it is not every case where grounds of appeal raise point or points of law that Stay of Execution will be granted."

Like some said on this forum and quote verbatim

No court will deprive a judgment creditor the fruits of his Labour.

Meaning that if Ikpeazu thinks he will get a stay on monday as temporary relief then he should think again.

Like T.S Ogundaini. ESQ said

Normally, no court will want to grant a stay of execution as a matter of course and that is why an applicant seeking this discretion of the court in his favour must therefore show special or exceptional circumstances why the court must deprive a successful litigant, the fruits of his success---See the following cases SPDC v. Arlio-Joe (Nig.) Ltd. (2003) 1 NWLR pt 845 pg 19, Dada v. I.T.L (2005) 11 NWLR pt.936 pg 293

Secondly, A successful litigant (Ogah) is entitled to enjoy the benefits and reap the fruits of his judgment and nothing ordinarily should be done to obstruct this right. In the words of Niki Tobi , JCA (as he then was) in Lijadu v. Lijadu (1991) 1 NWLR (Pt. 169) 627 at 644, nothing should be done to make the victorious party leave the court in "victory" without victory.
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by kenoz(m): 10:06am On Jul 06, 2016
okay
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by anwe: 10:08am On Jul 06, 2016
You know your problem ? You re activated Bakassi boys.

I can not understand when your tax is taken at source, a clearance was given and where the clearance was in doubt, the given authority was not invited for authentication.

mmmmmm are we really fighting corruption ? Or we are instituting corruption
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by Chiboboski: 10:09am On Jul 06, 2016
millionaireman:
What are Appeal and Supreme Courts for if a Common High Court can give orders without option of appeal to quash the High court orders before the orders are implemented?

If that's the case, any High Court can hide some where and order that the president vacate his seat, name Kwankwaso, the runner up to Buhari last APC primary, to take over with immediate effect.
Kwankwaso becomes president, uses government money to buy the judiciary and remains president till the four years the case goes on in court.

Abia people. Be careful. They want to use another means to render your state useless for another four years.
The state has been rendered useless already.
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by kenoz(m): 10:09am On Jul 06, 2016
okay .
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by Chiboboski: 10:29am On Jul 06, 2016
Icecomrade:

Ewu
Sorry my brother, you are the ignorant one here. Nobody could deny Ikpeazu the right of appeal. It's only appellate courts can fault a judgements of trial courts not you and supporters like you. In cases like criminal the decision of trial courts subsists and the victors reap the fruits of their labour while the others go to appellate court. When you apply for "stay of execution," it does not amount to stay unless the judge approves it. Anyway things would be clearer to you in days to come.

1 Like

Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by Kiakia(m): 10:44am On Jul 06, 2016
Those lawyers who paid a solidarity visit to Governor Ikpeazu have desecrated the nobility of the profession. It is shameful.

1 Like

Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by Chiboboski: 10:45am On Jul 06, 2016
odiks:

You called me Ewu cos I told you the truth which hurts. See, you are part of the people deceiving the Governor. Ikpeazu has a very bad case and the embattled Governor knows this and that is why he is trying to buy time to see if a miracle would happen and they grant him a stay of execution which will enable him remain on seat and be pursuing his case but who says he can't appeal from outside if he has a good case? What is he afraid of?

See, It was Justice Ogbuagu [JSC] who held thus:-

"It is settled that the fact that an Appellant has wonderful, substantial, impressive and arguable grounds of appeal is not a special circumstance for granting a stay. In other words, it is not every case where grounds of appeal raise point or points of law that Stay of Execution will be granted."

Like some said on this forum and quote verbatim

No court will deprive a judgment creditor the fruits of his Labour.

Meaning that if Ikpeazu thinks he will get a stay on monday as temporary relief then he should think again.

Like T.S Ogundaini. ESQ said

Normally, no court will want to grant a stay of execution as a matter of course and that is why an applicant seeking this discretion of the court in his favour must therefore show special or exceptional circumstances why the court must deprive a successful litigant, the fruits of his success---See the following cases SPDC v. Arlio-Joe (Nig.) Ltd. (2003) 1 NWLR pt 845 pg 19, Dada v. I.T.L (2005) 11 NWLR pt.936 pg 293

Secondly, A successful litigant (Ogah) is entitled to enjoy the benefits and reap the fruits of his judgment and nothing ordinarily should be done to obstruct this right. In the words of Niki Tobi , JCA (as he then was) in Lijadu v. Lijadu (1991) 1 NWLR (Pt. 169) 627 at 644, nothing should be done to make the victorious party leave the court in "victory" without victory.
You have done justice to this topic but let me add a little. Concerning lkpeazu stay of execution: the judge would deny him by ruling him " out of order." This is because INEC has already taken action by giving Ogah Certificate of Return; so their appeal for stay is inconsequential. Ikpeazi' s council knows this that is why they prayed Justice OK on Abang to set his entire judgement aside which the judge denied them. It's only the appellate court that can save the ex Governor.
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by kahal29: 11:51am On Jul 06, 2016
Chiboboski:
You have done justice to this topic but let me add a little. Concerning lkpeazu stay of execution: the judge would deny him by ruling him " out of order." This is because INEC has already taken action by giving Ogah Certificate of Return; so their appeal for stay is inconsequential. Ikpeazi' s council knows this that is why they prayed Justice OK on Abang to set his entire judgement aside which the judge denied them. It's only the appellate court that can save the ex Governor.

You ve made a very strong point
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by StupidGoat(m): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
JixNation:
I dedicate this FP to my family here on Nairaland.

cc Smellymouth
mimzy
airsultan
obiorathesubtle
ogorwyne
slyisaac
muva
synzu
makydebbie.
alaga1
suzan404

iykekelvins
sandoski.

I love una all.
angry what of me?!
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by aluma(m): 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
Just passing
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by LuveU2(f): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
HungerBAD:

Bros it's just 7 pm my time. Just got back from the office,so day still long for me.
Helo dear, please support our team candidate for mr nairaland. People like u are who we mostly count on. smiley
Re: I’m Denied My Fundamental Human Right — Ikpeazu by LuveU2(f): 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
Phockphockman grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obajana Cement Factory Ownership: Kogi Government Urge Citizens To Remain Calm / Fashola Offers Reward For Information On Aremu Gawat's Whereabouts / Isis/boko Haram: Handling Terrorism The Russian Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.