Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud (73076 Views)

Matias Messi Sentenced To 30-months In Jail For Illegal Gun Possession (Pics) / Rivers United FC Players Arrive Madrid In Spain For Final Pre-season Preparation / Odion Ighalo May Be Jailed In Spain For Bribing To Get Drivers License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by anigbajumo(m): 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
Aviero:
[s]He's very lucky.

He could have got six years. Do you know what that means? All sponsorship deals cancelled. Barcelona will have no choice but to terminate his contract. This would have been a perfect example of Grace to Grass, in fact, brown grass!

He's lucky!

Well, this just shows that nobody is above the law. And I commend the Spanish authorities for this. It's a K-leg judgement, tho.[/s]

Lol,Under Spanish law any sentences less than 2 years will be suspended. He will only pay,both him nd his father wnt be jailed for just a single day...

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by sahmih(m): 2:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
Messi's frustration just keeps on getting better and better!!!!
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Likei(m): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
okezie ikpeazu ..loading...

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Deepfreezer(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:
Oh my God.

All cause he had a bad management. Never mix business with family.

I'm sure he will just do probation and pay fines, he should kick his father out of his management biko.
you are on the front page of every post today. Whats happening.??
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by ZUBY77(m): 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
iykedare:
Then never born Spain well . Make them try jail am Na.

I believe you think Buhari is the President of Spain.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
Deepfreezer:
you are on the front page of every post today. Whats happening.??

Na boredom o. At MM2, na so them just dey delay person flight any how. Na Nairaland dey hear am.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Compliant(m): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
iykedare:

GUY THIS IS NOT NIGERIA WHERE ANYTHING GOES O

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by ceeethru(m): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
El Periodico de Catalunya say Messi and his father sentenced to 21 months, but as it's under 24 months neither will actually go to prison.... Bleep!

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
phelps007:
Messi in a Mess
And who know you Pussy
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by davibid: 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
Every human being has their individual problems be you any body

For those of you who think that celebrities with all the glamour don't have a single problem...
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by faaz24: 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
mechanics:
portugal wil trash wales

Trash ? Mechanics, its football o..no be automobiles grin.

Portugal's bus stop is close by

Cristiano is going home today
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by akanbiaa(m): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
They are unfair to him, He made a voluntary payment of £3.8m in August 2013 to cover unpaid tax and interest. yet he is being punished for less just £2m. I dont see him going to jail sha.

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by johnnychuks(m): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
ERCROSS:
I had the feeling this guy isn't going to jail.. They gon' settle this issue...
Though m a cr7 fan but this messi face no fit for jail at all
. OK now tell me the person way em face fit for jail your own or na which person? Oga sir.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by ThisDumebi: 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
I just dey calm first; I dey tap my fingers for table...make dem try am...dem go know say Spain dey backyard!

iykedare:
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Teddyg2(m): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2016
Stupid News.... king is king no matter what. ... Bring out the Link u read it.......
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Ranchhoddas: 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
A very significant portion of Nigerian youths are idiiots. They don't read! Imagine the comments.

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by YOLO1(m): 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2016
Tomorrow's newsline will be like

Messi sentenced to prison is as a result of APC misrule and witch-hunting - PDP

Messi was unable to pay tax cos of corruption under the last administration - APC

Put the blame on Ronaldo. He doesn't enjoy rivalry with Messi - Lai Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Ranchhoddas: 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
Clone2020:
You lose the 2014 world cup final, you lose the 2016 Copa American cup final, you quit the national team and now you are indicted for tax fraud and would spend months in jail. Very sad turn of events. The man who was supposed to be a national Hero for Agentina and maybe dethrone Maradona is going down the drains.

No Mercy for Messi.
Read the article and stop embarrassing yourself

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by jcross19: 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Stop using rigid logic with me bro... CNN, BBC, and other great news outlet ain't sure how this we go down, so who are you?
because it has happened before.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by uniquebeauty(f): 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nairalander can create tension, neva true and will not happen now or in future. Quote me later
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by saintdennis(m): 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
Aviero:
He's very lucky.

He could have got six years. Do you know what that means? All sponsorship deals cancelled. Barcelona will have no choice but to terminate his contract. This would have been a perfect example of Grace to Grass, in fact, brown grass!

He's lucky!

Well, this just shows that nobody is above the law. And I commend the Spanish authorities for this. It's a K-leg judgement, tho.

Actually if by k-leg u mean 'messi got off easy? Yes!
He actually entered a plea-deal last year but the court waived it aside.

This just shows you how the law operates.

If it was nigeria now?! Hmmmm some people will claim witch hunt saying buhari wanna distract enyimba's best player so kano pillars can dominate league.
Lols

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by StingerXpress(m): 2:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
Never really mix business with family.
Am sorry for messi.

www.stingerxpress.com/2016/07/breaking-new-lionel-messi-sentenced-to.html

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by ichommy(m): 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
ZUBY77:

I believe you think Buhari is the President of Spain.
cheesy grin
Boss eh.

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by UncleJudax(m): 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
admax:
He wouldn't near any jail, all he has to do is to pay some fine.

Different rules of law for the rich and poor. It happens all over the world not just in Nigeria.
It is stated therein that under the Spanish law, a non violent offence attracts a probation...not because he is rich or famous.

Learn to read and...comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Netfad(m): 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2016
faaz24:
Today is Sallah o, its a joke right ?
If true, then Wales will beat Portugal tonight.
Messi logba ewon...ko jo rara
Lolz...very funny

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Netfad(m): 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
jammani:
Oh lord of messi, please be messiful on our dear messi who is messilessly in a mess.

God please Dont let his prime competitor rejoice over him.

Please dedicate one LIKE each to show solidarity

Lol...nyc 1

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Maxity02(f): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
for real? 21 months shocked shocked
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by wallex1983(m): 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
So, APC is also victimizing Messi. I thought it was only Saraki..
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Orikinla(m): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2016
iykedare:

Messi ti lo si ewon.

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by olajizz01(m): 3:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
Wonder shall never cease to exist,so he didnt handle any financial aspect, his own was just to played ball without briefing regarding the contract, that means he didnt know his account balance.i smell big lies here.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Harwoyeez(m): 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
He's not the first footballer to be sentenced so no need to raising unnecessary dust. Run along man
Dudeweedlmao:

I think you're the only one in this thread that understands how spanish law works
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
Clone2020:
You lose the 2014 world cup final, you lose the 2016 Copa American cup final, you quit the national team and now you are indicted for tax fraud and would spend months in jail. Very sad turn of events. The man who was supposed to be a national Hero for Agentina and maybe dethrone Maradona is going down the drains.

No Mercy for Messi.
oyaaaa receive sense in Jesus name.

even when Ben Bruce made sense abundantly, it was so difficult for you to grab one.
okpooo ajaaaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Most Beautiful African Female Fans At The AFCON (Pictures) / Shehu Abdullahi Batters Sumayya Mustapha, His Wife Over Phone Call / Messi Wins Ballon D'or 2021 Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.