Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,302 members, 7,829,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud (73098 Views)

Matias Messi Sentenced To 30-months In Jail For Illegal Gun Possession (Pics) / Rivers United FC Players Arrive Madrid In Spain For Final Pre-season Preparation / Odion Ighalo May Be Jailed In Spain For Bribing To Get Drivers License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by wishy30: 3:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
Aviero:
He's very lucky.

He could have got six years. Do you know what that means? All sponsorship deals cancelled. Barcelona will have no choice but to terminate his contract. This would have been a perfect example of Grace to Grass, in fact, brown grass!
[color=#000099][/color]

He's lucky!

Well, this just shows that nobody is above the law. And I commend the Spanish authorities for this. It's a K-leg judgement, tho.

He's not going to serve the jail term according to Spanish laws. He's yet to commit a crime worthy of sending him to jail before. He'll only pay fine in respect to the jail term. Read the news in details or let's wait to seee Messi in jail next season.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Dexema(m): 4:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
bykebyke:

You guys wanted to send him to prison so you can win the league right?..ntoor. grin

1league title in 8years....Loading.. grin
Bros, forget that sentiment wey u dey attach, even if florentino perez was the judge he can't be blamed because I no know no dey court of law especially when he signed the papers. Anyway, u and I know messi aint going nowhere,he's just gonna have to pay some heavy fine.
By the way, what's wrong with all these south Americans managers sef, neymar also has a case bordering on some form of fraud.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dexema:

Bros, forget that sentiment wey u dey attach, even if florentino perez was the judge he can't be blamed because I no know no dey court of law especially when he signed the papers. Anyway, u and I know messi aint going nowhere,he's just gonna have to pay some heavy fine.
By the way, what's wrong with all these south Americans managers sef, neymar also has a case bordering on some form of fraud.
At 18years old,were you doing your taxes or thinking about taxes?
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by babyfaceafrica: 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
Aviero:
He's very lucky.

He could have got six years. Do you know what that means? All sponsorship deals cancelled. Barcelona will have no choice but to terminate his contract. This would have been a perfect example of Grace to Grass, in fact, brown grass!

He's lucky!

Well, this just shows that nobody is above the law. And I commend the Spanish authorities for this. It's a K-leg judgement, tho.
he is above the law,that is why he got of mildly,if it were the common man....na beta jail term!!!!
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by edumamas(m): 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
i just hope this does not mean what I'm thinking; cos if it does, then messi can kiss his career goodbye.

By the time he returns, MLS or Qatar will be call calling him for for retirement benefits.
sad to see the end of a great career.... undecidedi just hope this does not mean what I'm thinking; cos if it does, then messi can kiss his career goodbye.

By the time he returns, MLS or Qatar will be call calling him for for retirement benefits.
sad to see the end of a great career....but I doubt those black-suited VIPs in the Barcelona's inner chambers are not already pulling strings. Hope this is not the reason he retired from international football, having known what we don't know. hmm...what do we even know
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by RoyalBlak007: 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
shocked
This is pathetic
....Family & Business angry
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Dexema(m): 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2016
bykebyke:

At 18years old,were you doing your taxes or thinking about taxes?
why don't you ask a lawyer about the implications of an "adult" signing vital documents without adequate perusal.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by UIA04(f): 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2016
Clone2020:
You lose the 2014 world cup final, you lose the 2016 Copa American cup final, you quit the national team and now you are indicted for tax fraud and would spend months in jail. Very sad turn of events. The man who was supposed to be a national Hero for Agentina and maybe dethrone Maradona is going down the drains.

No Mercy for Messi.

This are just normal though times anybody can go through
Coupled with poor management, that's why Beyonce and usher fired their parents as managers.
You still can't compare him to Maradona he is ten times better character wise. He is comported and hasn't had any character blemish even compared to cr7.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dexema:
why don't you ask a lawyer about the implications of an "adult" signing vital documents without adequate perusal.
So a son should not trust his father again at 18years of age?
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by asala1: 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2016
wishy30:

He's not going to serve the jail term according to Spanish laws. He's yet to commit a crime worthy of sending him to jail before. He'll only pay fine in respect to the jail term. Read the news in details or let's wait to seee Messi in jail next season.

Even if he is sentenced to one day in prison, he is a criminal. It doesn't matter if he serves it or not.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by legendsilver(m): 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
iykedare:
Then never born Spain well . Make them try jail am Na.

NDA spotted grin
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by pamcode(m): 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2016
He would be put on probation. He better sack his management team and hire competent ones.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Dexema(m): 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
bykebyke:

So a son should not trust his father again at 18years of age?
bros, I am not trying to judge lionel or his family I am speaking from the angle of the law.

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by bowdas(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
its not a lie its because he is droping boot thats why they were mad at him isue of years wasnt raisen until now
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Phi001(m): 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dexema:
Your talking like this because you're not 18....his father gave him the papers to sign. Unless, his father was known to be capable of such deceit, I see no reason why Lionel won't have believed him.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by fantastique4: 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
Aviero:
He's very lucky.

He's lucky!

enemy of progress. It's so obvious in your tone. It shows how much you hate him;continue to hate while he continues to prosper. Fool
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Maximus85(m): 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:
Oh my God.

All cause he had a bad management. Never mix business with family.

I'm sure he will just do probation and pay fines, he should kick his father out of his management biko.

Kai. Dem all are thieves. How can he say he didn't know?
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by dicodavids(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
Who do this beat?

Spanish authorities are looking for who to extract money from is a pity is Messi, it wouldn't have happen to a better person though..

My guy do what need to be done and redeem your pledge...

Goodluck and God speed...
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by orble: 5:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:
Oh my God.

I'm sure he will just do probation and pay fines, he should kick his father out of his management biko.

I'm so perplexed and compelled to call you a name you won't like.

But nairalander will.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by MrImole: 5:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
Clone2020:
You lose the 2014 world cup final, you lose the 2016 Copa American cup final, you quit the national team and now you are indicted for tax fraud and would spend months in jail. Very sad turn of events. The man who was supposed to be a national Hero for Agentina and maybe dethrone Maradona is going down the drains.

No Mercy for Messi.

Don't you think Messi is greater than Maradona?
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Clone2020(m): 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
MrImole:

Don't you think Messi is greater than Maradona?

Nah
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
Stupidity.
When they should appreciate GOD for a soccer player of such magnitude gracing their country.

They should come to NIGERIA where PRESIDENT, CLERGYMEN, SENTORS, and so many evade tax, yet youths still shout Sai BaBa

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by vicechancellor(m): 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
sammyj:
This only applies in developed countriescompared to 3rd world or developing country like Nigeria were a governor willl submit a fake tax document t and got a virdict to leave the throne and ratherthan obey he resulted in using gangaroof tactics to escape the rule of law !!! shocked
guy no be small tin. nawa for a*ia state
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by MrImole: 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
Clone2020:

Nah

Why if I may ask?
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:
Oh my God.

Clap for yourself, business counsellor.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Wolex143: 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
Choii....... Messi in d prison nawa ooo
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Baddestguyp(m): 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
BeastAmbition:

He won't be playing ball for the next 21month, his career is over
BeastAmbition:
Ronaldo' donates to charity, rooney donates to charity, all great players always donates to charity while messi still can't pay his tax - fraud messi
dude calm down. read the post again. messi will never spend a minute in jail.

and btw messi donates to charity too. also what makes u think the other players don't commit tax fraud. it might be they just haven't been caught yet

I see you just a messi hater
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by MrGerald(m): 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
Things people fail to understand is that the capital is directly or indirectly fighting Catalans and their pride which is Barcelona by any means because they're seeking independence, not only messi but so many barcas players has been indicted in the past, this is very popular in Spain.

1 Like

Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Deepfreezer(m): 9:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:

Na boredom o. At MM2, na so them just dey delay person flight any how. Na Nairaland dey hear am.
lolz it's alright. Trust you had a smooth flight.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by Deepfreezer(m): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:

Na boredom o. At MM2, na so them just dey delay person flight any how. Na Nairaland dey hear am.
lolz it's alright. Trust you had a smooth flight.
Re: Messi Sentenced To Prison In Spain For Tax Fraud by rallymento(m): 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2016
faaz24:
Today is Sallah o, its a joke right ?

If true, then Wales will beat Portugal tonight.

Messi logba ewon...ko jo rara
How market? Portugal wins Wale!! Does it make the story false?...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Play And Win Daily On Bet9ja Zoom Soccer / Shehu Abdullahi Batters Sumayya Mustapha, His Wife Over Phone Call / The Most Beautiful African Female Fans At The AFCON (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.