Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys (41897 Views)

10 Nigerian Jobs That May Turn Female Employees To Runs Girls / 7 Least Stressful Jobs That Pay A Lot Of Money / 10 Jobs That Makes It Difficult For Men To Intimately Satisfy Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by wristbangle: 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
The nature and prospects of some jobs in Nigeria can be so frustrating ranging from low salary, stress, frustration and working hours sometimes make it a bit difficult for guys to venture into relationship and perhaps, get married.

This is may be due to the fact that most ladies prefer their men to be financially capable to meet their basic needs as well as other miscellaneous; having time to spend with them and all that.

The following categories of job may deplete one's chances of getting married in time.

1. Teaching

We live in a country where teaching jobs has no good prospect mainly because of the salary structure. On the contrary, teachers earn reasonably well in countries like South Africa, England, etc but here, the situation is so demeaning that an average teacher can not comfortably buy a car. Now tell me how he guy can save up money for marriage?

2. Marketing

The frustration resulting this job often causes nightmares for employees who are saddled with the responsibility of meeting ridiculous financial daily/weekly target. The situation getting unbearable as companies now pay on commission basis, which implies that failure to meet the stipulated target will earn him nothing at the end of the month. Now imagine how difficult it will be for a man to foot his bills when he gets married.

3. Asian Company Jobs

Most Asian companies such as Indians, Lebanese and Chinese maltreat their middle/low class employees in such a way that they subject them to long working hours, huge manual labour and a times, delay in salary payment. For a guy who works with these people, no doubt his sexual performance will dwindle coupled with the fact that the small salary can never meet his basic needs.

4. Contract Staff Position

Most Nigerian companies do adopt outsourcing way of recruiting employees just to reduce their cost of labour. This affects both male and female employees who work tirelessly but never enjoy the benefits of being part of the organization they are working with. It seems better for a lady because she may have a husband, boyfriend or sugar daddy financing her needs but for a guy, such a job is not the way forward.

5. State Civil Service

The widespread of state government owing their staffs backlog of salaries is dominant nowadays that the famine and poverty level is sporadically on the increase. For a guy, who, through this medium of occupation fed for himself may find it difficult to settle down in marriage.

6. Call Centre Agent Jobs

Aside the heap of insults and curse dished out to these agents, most Nigerian companies don't pay their call centre agents reasonably well and to make it worst, they give them heart breaking daily targets. Most of these agents are always in a rush to end a customer's call just to meet with the daily target in order to avoid slashing of their salary. Such people may have difficult in venturing into except he has another source of income.

7. Security Jobs

The level of employment is so high that, nowadays, master degree holders even jostle for security jobs since they can't go begging for alms. It's not as if the salary can cater for their needs but because half bread is better than none. There is no way a guy will want to marry under this condition.

8. Federal Government Empowerment Program Jobs

It's a pity that Nigerian graduates are left with no choice than to declare fasting and prayer just to get FG empowerment program jobs such as Sure-p and the forthcoming N-Power programme job with salary scale of N23,000 monthly. Is it this kind of job can can feed children, pay their school fee and other utility bills?

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by tosyne2much(m): 4:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
This is a wonderful write-up oga Wristbangle.. Let me add mine

9. Suya Selling Jobs

This kind of job has no good prospect for a bachelor and that's what has been limiting me from getting married. However, this kind of job often leads one to regrettably debt. Sometimes, a customer may come with 2016 Range Rover but will pretend to buy suya, only to collect tasting and he will look for a way to zoom off. Many a times, some of them dish out insults saying it is too small, they will start giving testimony of how they bought suya of N50 from a man which was enough to drink two bowls of garri grin

10. Conductor Jobs

This is also a very risky job that may claim one's life when you're not ready to lose it. This brings back memory when I was working as a conductor in 2006, one of my female passengers pushed me down at Oshodi Expressway because of the stench of my boxers which prevented her from breathing well. I nearly lost my life that day if not that God still wants me to help expand His ministry. l I don't think one can marry a classy lady like Mimzy with this kind of job cool

I prophesy to the life of someone, God will provide you a job that will always give you peace and happiness that will make you be a blessing to your generation . To claim it, you know what to click

284 Likes 25 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by clerkent(m): 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
Professors earn much in teaching

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by iykekelvins(m): 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
Be smart
Be Humble
Be a house husband

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by wristbangle: 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
clerkent:
Professors earn much in teaching

Lecturers (who work in university) are different from primary/secondary teachers only if a teacher works in a private school, that is when he can earn something tangible.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
NL Moderators.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by clerkent(m): 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
wristbangle:

Lecturers (who work in university) are different from primary/secondary teachers only if a teacher works in a private school, that is when he can earn something tangible.
you said teaching u didnt say the level.

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by wristbangle: 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
LizGray:
NL Moderators.

Are u saying someone like lalasticlala cannot marry soon with his 6 digits monthly salary? cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by psucc(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
Marriage is a project. With the recent economic crises, no project execution even by FG.

6 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
wristbangle:

Are u saying someone like lalasticlala cannot marry soon with his 6 digits monthly salary? cheesy
where e go see wife? When he's always here?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by wristbangle: 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
LizGray:
where e go see wife? When he's always here?

Lol, atimes he moderates when moving on streets, etc.
Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol, atimes he moderates when moving on streets, etc.
moving on streets ke? shocked shocked tsk tssk Too bad. I feel for him.
Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by ritababe(f): 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
security job worse, no day off morning and night work with small money. them guys they try.

5 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by TrollTrap: 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
The minimum wage in Nigeria's a bit dead tbh.....it needs to be reviewed
Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by TrollTrap: 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
How's mans username Wristbangle looool grin grin grin
Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by mosho2good: 6:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
what about OLOSHO
Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by cana882(m): 6:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nairabet

When a man experience a personal encounter with alabi, he dedicates his time and money in playing the refurbished baba ijebu. This leads to him being broke as alabi is ready to give him cash on his left hand, then empty his right hand, trouser & suit pocket. He therefore cannot afford to marry.

This is a true life story but not mine cry

12 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by hotspec(m): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
did i see bank job there?

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by ThePeacemaker(m): 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
Shoro Niyen?
Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by sbabimbola(f): 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
We need change with financial freedom!

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by Vendoor(f): 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
In Nigeria only.... Most of the listed jobs are great in other parts of the world.
Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by femi4: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nairabet

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
ok continue.......

1 Like

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by KnightRod(m): 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
Lol, op just typed out a list of low income earners..

In essence, if you're a low income earner.. It's very unlikely you'll get married on time..

Another one should be Agbero.. Those ones have nothing apart from their paltry collections and half-drunk bottles of alomo bitters.. And of course, the chelsea Jersey.. grin

6 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by Galacious1: 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
K
Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
smiley so I an marry with my kolekole job?- Yeeees! Refiner did you hear that?
Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by Festysnow: 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
Really? op nor go marry, make you dey there dey blame am on job type. Getting married is a conscious decision, no matter d amount of free time one has or how much money is in your account, the 1st criteria is being mentally prepared. if you think I am lying ask oga Don Jazzy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by ameezy(m): 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
This na female thread ni

3 Likes

Re: 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys by Kakamorufu(m): 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
e get as e be. Make God help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Musah Mufeedah, Kogi Lady Painter Who Sponsors Her Education With Her Skills / Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff / Richard Gbadebo's Death: FG Orders Immediate Seal Up Of WAW Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.