Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode (33194 Views)

Joy Ezechikamnayo Awarded Scholarship & N500k As Abia One-Day Governor (Photos) / Joy Ezechikamnayo: Abia One Day Governor (Photos) / Bolanle Ambode Dancing At Marathon Musical Concert In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by harbdulrasaq88(m): 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
One-Day Governor And His Cabinet Members Paid a Courtesy Visit to The Wife Of Lagos State governor, Mrs Bolanle Ambode.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/photos-mrs-bolanle-ambode-hosts-lagos.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Udmaster(m): 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
harbdulrasaq88:
One-Day Governor And His Cabinet Members Paid a Courtesy Visit to The Wife Of Lagos State governor, Mrs Bolanle Ambode.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/photos-mrs-bolanle-ambode-hosts-lagos.html

cc lalasticlala

ok o
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by debonairprinx(m): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
So the legacy is still on.....thought its extinct.

1 Like

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by debonairprinx(m): 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
So the legacy is still on.....thought its extinct... Good one.
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Tolexander: 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
Congrats bro!

The guy go be a religious bigot. See how he put girls with hijab for cabinet, none of his female friends no dey use hijab!

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by ORACLE1975(m): 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
grin grin
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
Did the one-day governor authorise police to flush out militants in Ikorodu shocked
Ambode has spoilt the tradition in his time as executive governor. In the past, Tinubu and Fashola did the needful.
In fact, at some point, an Igbo child was the Governor (one day sha) of the State of Lagos grin grin grin
Is Ambode saying he can not host these wonderful children and pose with them in photos undecided
Ambode sef embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Paulpenny(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
They look cool cool
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Ajibel(m): 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
Well, I was expecting to see the One-day governor host meetings, discuss with Ambode and his cabinet members, maybe given an opportunity to commission at most 2 projects, give an acceptance speech... you know, something more memorable like it was done under BRF but this looks boring and uninspiring. I hope I am wrong lipsrsealed

An example of what I am saying is here -> http://www.newerafoundation.org/?p=393 Fashola took the one-day governor on tours of projects around the state.

https://www.nairaland.com/486383/fashola-receives-one-day-governor

3 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
Cool
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by saintkel(m): 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ok meanwhile see what happens if Buhari were to b d head of JAMB.
Taiwo: hw far nah
Me: i dey ooo...u dey this school.
Taiwo:Yeah
Me: which course
Taiwo: Banking and Surgery
Me: ***Gbagaun***Nah Islamic Engineering they give me jare.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by ichommy(m): 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
Lovely Photo
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by push24: 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
shocked

[size=28pt]
Your one day governor is an olodo rabata.
Tinubu ko se Yoruba, saka gombe tinubu. se yoruba name ni. Olodo one day governor.

ondo state yo local government. e yo local government

27 kilometer[/size]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-3MyT8LQBX9o/VwToQLDOk9I/AAAAAAAAAFM/nPdrixp5-Ts5rB2d2tTYi1qUQNolLhE5A/s640/Ajagba-Road.jpg[/img]
[img]http://transformationwatch.files./2012/04/20120331_141145.jpg?w=662&h=460[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-flX_6TVfALk/Vw6UiIyO4QI/AAAAAAAAl_8/7rOYoMfEAxEwTBlCKfzwkI2owpFfGng2QCK4B/s1600/OWO%2BTOWNSHIP%2BROADS%2B5-719589.jpg[/img]

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Okijajuju1(m): 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
There is something about this One-Day Governor thing that really warms my heart.
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by steppin: 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
Mtcheew
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
Unconstitutional waste of time.
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Vendoor(f): 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nice
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by anonimi: 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
debonairprinx:
So the legacy is still on.....thought its extinct...

Extinct ke?
When Omo Iyaloja Oshodi never kpeme?
And he still holds the governors and the lawmakers by their jugular and balls.!

[img]http://www.olisa.tv/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/tinubu.jpg[/img]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by pathwillie45(f): 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
#yawns

1 Like

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by olarhtunji(m): 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
if I be one day governor I go loot enough rabber for my family members to be proud of me..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by centboy123456(m): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ambode is working oh keep on doing the good work Ambode
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by mizzbouqui(f): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
Okay

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by kirchofff(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
If I'm given the opportunity to be a "one day governor", mehn, I'll first load my acct with like 500million, I'll sack some top workers then I'll fix my people there, I'll call adele to perform for me, call nicki minaj to twerk for me I'll also organize a match between super eagles and barcelona......chai the things I'll do are much o grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
Keneking:
Did the one-day governor authorise police to flush out militants in Ikorodu shocked
Ambode has spoilt the tradition in his time as executive governor. In the past, Tinubu and Fashola did the needful.
In fact, at some point, an Igbo child was the Governor (one day sha) of the State of Lagos grin grin grin
Is Ambode saying he can not host these wonderful children and pose with them in photos undecided
Ambode sef embarassed
Maybe you should have made your research before typing. You might wanna see these. Those were the pictures When he played host to the One day governor of 2015 in November last year. That he didn't appear in any of the pixes for this year mean he is indisposed.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aresssa: 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
1stCitizen:
Unconstitutional waste of time.

Alexander Ezenagu – Excelling Beyond Being ‘One-day Governor’

Alexander Ezenagu lived in a one-room boy’s quarter with his parents and eight siblings. His parents could barely cater for all of them, so four of his siblings dropped out of school almost at the same time. To keep himself in school at Bolade Grammar School, Oshodi and buy the books he needed in school, he had to hawk petty items, wash cars and clothes, carry luggage and run errands to earn money.

Alex confesses that he had not always been so committed to his school work and remembers an occasion while in primary six, when his class teacher called him aside and scolded him strongly following his poor performance in an English dictation test. It was obvious he was letting too much play and other distractions get in the way of his performance in school. She recounted that he used to do better while in primary four, chiding him to always remember that being the best wasn’t about wishing but working towards it. He recalls that this experience was one of those times when he had to consciously decide to devote more time to improving his school work and commit to study every evening after running his daily errands.

[b]By the time he got to SS3, he was pronounced the best student in his school, and was selected to represent the school at the regional qualifiers of the 2004 Spelling Bee Competition organized by the New Era Foundation, a project of the former First Lady of Lagos State, Senator Oluremi Tinubu. He won and then had to represent Oshodi-Isolo Local Government Area at the state challenge, where he contested against 56 others and came third position in the contest. Although he was not the overall winner, his position still got him on to the “Council of One Day Governors”

In 2005, he was admitted into the University of Ibadan to study law. It was an uphill struggle to survive in school due to his family’s financial hardship. In order not to drop out of school at this stage, he began conducting extra tutorial classes in different courses for both his classmates and other students, in exchange for money. He graduated with a First Class honours in 2010. Impressed by his success, Senator Oluremi Tinubu led a high-profile delegation to celebrate his graduation. Although filled with joy, he was still very concerned that he might not make it to the next level of the ‘Law School’ because of the high cost of tuition for the programme.

Surprisingly for Alex, his Law School bill was totally paid by the organizer of the New Era Foundation and his maintenance was covered by a scholarship scheme established by the former chairman of Oshodi-Isolo Local Government Area, Hon. Afeez Ipesa-Balogun. Alex in gratitude for this made himself a personal promise, not to relent in his effort, but study as hard as he could.

In 2011, Alex did it again; he graduated with a First Class at the Lagos Law School and was called to the Nigerian Bar. His life’s journey had always been the such that he was hardly ever sure where the resources for his next step would come from, but he always just got himself prepared for the journey despite his situation.

Alex 2In December 2011, at the third reunion luncheon of the Council of ‘One-Day Governors’ organised by the New Era Foundation in Lagos, Alex being one of the past governors by virtue of coming third at the spelling bee competition, got a car gift from Senator Oluremi Tinubu, which was presented to him by Mrs Fashola. He also got to work at the law offices of Banwo and Ighodalo, a leading Nigerian law firm; where he was an integral member of the Finance, Projects and Infrastructure team and has been involved in local and cross-border legal advisory services.

Subsequently, he was admitted into the University of Cambridge for his Master’s degree in 2013, on scholarship and in June 2014 he was presented with his Masters of Law degree by the president of the University of Cambridge. He currently works with a Law firm called ‘Templars’. He has extensive experience advising in the areas of project finance, structured finance, corporate finance and securities law. His areas of expertise include Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisition, Projects and Infrastructure, and International Tax Law.[/b]

Despite the fact that Alex was from a family that could not support his education, he did all he could to make the best of his situation and did not allow his background determine his fate. Paying attention to his academic work meant that he was prepared when the opportunity was presented to take part in the spelling competition which he won and the subsequent scholarship opportunities that he has benefited from thus far.

Alex is under 30 years old and he believes that there is so much more that God has for him to achieve. One of the ways he is giving back to society is with mentoring younger people. He believes that prayers matched with proper preparation is what keeps one in line for appropriate opportunities. He actively shares his story and journey so far with young people to motivate them for success. He is also partnering with some of his colleagues in the United Kingdom to establish an organization called “The Excellence Movement”, to spread the message of excellence in Nigerian Universities. The primary areas of focus of the organization include: research, writing, reading, scholarship and mentoring.

In Alexander Ezenagu’s words, “Start from somewhere and start now!!! Start from that homework, that subject, that course, that class, that school, then get up to being the best even in that state and the sky will never be your limit

http://www.growingupmag.org/alexander-ezenagu-excelling-beyond-being-one-day-governor/

This is what the unconstitutional waste of time produced and the man and woman responsible for this man's life changing fortune are Tinubu and his wife.

After helping this young man from the One day governor program, they backed him up morally and financially through university.

Mrs Tinubu even took time out to attend his graduation ceremony. This is the love, compassion and commitment by the people you love to hate because you are so bitter and hateful.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by AtlanticBreeze: 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
Tinubu holding lagos by the balls since time immemorial

1 Like

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by AtlanticBreeze: 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
aresssa:

Alexander Ezenagu – Excelling Beyond Being ‘One-day Governor’

This is what the unconstitutional waste of time produced and the man and woman responsible for this man's life changing fortune are Tinubu and his wife.

After helping this young man from the One day governor program, they backed him up morally and financially through university.

Mrs Tinubu even took time out to attend his graduation ceremony. This is the love, compassion and commitment by the people you love to hate because you are so bitter and hateful.

That was when thief.nubu was sincere cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by tiwiex(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
I think the idea is great. The recipient or beneficiaries should be older though. Maybe university students with aspiration for politics. Let them submit essays as groups and pick a winner. These kids have no idea what just happened. I know it is fun but let it be constructive fun.
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Kirigidi(m): 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
kirchofff:
If I'm given the opportunity to be a "one day governor", mehn, I'll first load my acct with like 500million, I'll sack some top workers then I'll fix my people there, I'll call adele to perform for me, call nicki minaj to twerk for me I'll also organize a match between super eagles and barcelona......chai the things I'll do are much o grin
Then afta, also b prepared to face EFCC nd ICPC's invitatns.
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by MrMcJay(m): 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
Keneking:
Ambode sef embarassed

The first winner of the competition in 2001, Ebuka Anisiobi, enjoyed scholarship from the Lagos State Government to study Computer Engineering in Obafemi Awolowo University and is now a qualified Engineer with OANDO Plc; Winner of the 2002 edition, Tope Adeyemi graduated with first class Degree in Botany from the University of Lagos and also became the youngest Doctorate Degree holder in Africa in the history of the University, While Emmanuel Ayenitaju, the winner of 2003 graduated with First Class honors Degree in Chemistry from the University of Lagos.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by abatisegun: 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
Tolexander:
Congrats bro!

The guy go be a religious bigot. See how he put girls with hijab for cabinet, none of dem dey use hijab!
. ****what is religion bigot in one day governor? Do u know criterion use in adopting the cabine? Be a religion tolerance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adolphus Wabara Buries Wife In Abia, As Ikpeazu, Uzodinma Mourn (Pictures) / Reno Omokri: Peter Obi will Not Last If He Wins, He Will Be Impeached / Plot To Impeach Buhari: APC Releases Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.