Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode (33171 Views)

Joy Ezechikamnayo Awarded Scholarship & N500k As Abia One-Day Governor (Photos) / Joy Ezechikamnayo: Abia One Day Governor (Photos) / Bolanle Ambode Dancing At Marathon Musical Concert In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Fit2Rule:

Maybe you should have made your research before typing. You might wanna see these. Those were the pictures When he played host to the One day governor of 2015 in November last year. That he didn't appear in any of the pixes for this year mean he is indisposed.

Nonsense defense. Its a tradition. Cant the session hold when he is disposed? grin
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aresssa: 3:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Council of One Day Governors

Becoming a one day governor is just the beginning because there's more to this program than one day governor, they get leadership training, help with education and career path...

How many of our leaders are even interested in our your children at this level to even sponsor them to school, support them and even take time out to show up at their graduation...
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aresssa: 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

That was when thief.nubu was sincere cheesy cheesy

You obviously thought I was expecting you to rise above idiotic, unintelligent and ignorant nonsense. Please remain inside your gutter..

5 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by jasper83: 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
Tolexander:
Congrats bro!

The guy go be a religious bigot. See how he put girls with hijab for cabinet, none of dem dey use hijab!

Bro that's too hard on the young lad naa. May be his from a muslim school. And the best place to choose your cabinet will be people you know wella like colleagues, friends and classmates.

1 Like

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aresssa: 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2016

2001 Lagos Island Spelling Bee Winner becomes Africa’s youngest Doctorate holder

2001 NEF Spelling Bee winner in Lagos Island Local Government, Tope Adeyemi, first class graduate of Botany from University of Lagos
became youngest doctorate degree holder in Africa recently.
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by canDy4eva(f): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2016
kirchofff:
If I'm given the opportunity to be a "one day governor", mehn, I'll first load my acct with like 500million, I'll sack some top workers then I'll fix my people there, I'll call adele to perform for me, call nicki minaj to twerk for me I'll also organize a match between super eagles and barcelona......chai the things I'll do are much o grin
clap 4 yasef! *keep clapin till I say stop*
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by canDy4eva(f): 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
aresssa:

You obviously thought I was expecting you to rise above idiotic, unintelligent and ignorant nonsense. Please remain inside your gutter..
hmmm...
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by emeka2847: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
So na bigot dey use hijab. I pity your parents for keeping their phone carelessly

Tolexander:
Congrats bro!

The guy go be a religious bigot. See how he put girls with hijab for cabinet, none of dem dey use hijab!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by lailo: 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
Islam ti take over
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aressssa: 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
One day governor on duty...

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aressssa: 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2016

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
Tolexander:
Congrats bro!

The guy go be a religious bigot. See how he put girls with hijab for cabinet, none of his female friends no dey use hijab!
This is how you start. Senseless post.

1 Like

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aressssa: 3:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
As is customary, the 2012 Spelling Bee finalists made a visit to Finland as part of the NEF Youth Exchange progamme. Below are highlights

As is customary, the Spelling Bee finalists made a visit to Finland as part of the NEF Youth Exchange progamme. Below are highlights

1st, 2nd & 3rd winners of New Era Spelling Bee during an Exchange programme to Finland organised by Lagos State Ministry Of Education in Conjunction With NEF

1 Like

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by kirchofff(m): 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
canDy4eva:
clap 4 yasef! *keep clapin till I say stop*
lol
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by bonechamberlain(m): 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
Tolexander:
Congrats bro!

The guy go be a religious bigot. See how he put girls with hijab for cabinet, none of his female friends no dey use hijab!
the thing sef shock me. Another buhari in the making
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aressssa: 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
bonechamberlain:
the thing sef shock me. Another buhari in the making

In every positive thing under the sun, all you people see always is hate, bitterness and bigotry..

This why you people can not get ahead, you are bugged down and handicapped with hate, bitterness and bigotry.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
aresssa:

Alexander Ezenagu – Excelling Beyond Being ‘One-day Governor’

This is what the unconstitutional waste of time produced and the man and woman responsible for this man's life changing fortune are Tinubu and his wife.

After helping this young man from the One day governor program, they backed him up morally and financially through university.

Mrs Tinubu even took time out to attend his graduation ceremony. This is the love, compassion and commitment by the people you love to hate because you are so bitter and hateful.

Jeez!!! No wonder that country is in such a sorry state. People reason with their an.us. YOU COULD NOT EVEN READ WHAT YOU POSTED before rushing to post it. Typical Nigerian.Was it hard work that made him excel or the one day governor waste of time shyte.

In 2005, he was admitted into the University of Ibadan to study law. It was an uphill struggle to survive in school due to his family’s financial hardship. In order not to drop out of school at this stage, he began conducting extra tutorial classes in different courses for both his classmates and other students, in exchange for money. He graduated with a First Class honours in 2010.

Where was Tinubu when he was conducting those classes to pay his bills. I give up for you lot. You celebrate mundane irrelevant things rather than holding your leaders to task to provide scholarships, amenities and infrastructure.

You lot are like a pack of hungry dogs. Just select one and give it a golden bone, take pictures with it and return it to the other pack of hungry dogs..........without the bone.

Your case is hopeless.

1 Like

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by bonechamberlain(m): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
aressssa:

In every positive thing under the sun, all you people see always is hate, bitterness and bigotry..

This why you people can not get ahead, you are bugged down and handicapped with hate, bitterness and bigotry.
OK, what is the synergy with what u wrote and what I wrote.
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aressssa: 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2016

Youth Exchange

As part of its efforts at ensuring that its beneficiaries are properly rounded, New Era Foundation has engaged in cultural exchange programmes with European countries including Finland. Youths especially past winners and runners-up of its Spelling Bee Competitions are given the chance to travel out and engage with youths from other lands. In return, youths from these countries come to Nigeria and engage in some of the Foundation’s activities.

Everyone has the power for greatness – not for fame, but greatness, because greatness is determined by service.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

It was just like yesterday when the journey began. Before my husband, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, was elected governor of Lagos State in 1999, he had been actively involved in the pro-democracy struggle that eventually led to the collapse of military dictatorship inNigeria. Of course, I was by his side during the struggle in a painful and prolonged exile that took its toll on our family. It was at this time that the seed of the idea for a foundation to inspire, encourage and build the youths, particularly the disadvantaged ones, started germinating in my mind.

I had observed that in the developed democracies of the West, no effort is spared both by government and voluntary civil society organizations to provide pillars of sustenance and support to the youths. This is understandable. The future of a nation depends on the quality of its youth. Those who are disadvantaged must be encouraged and given support and this I was determined to help actualize through a Foundation whenever I returned to Nigeria. My becoming First Lady of Lagos State offered just that opportunity and I immediately began to work at it within the psychological and moral support of my husband. That seed has blossomed handsomely today as the New Era Foundation (NEF).

To God be all the glory for the provision of reputable, resourceful and eminent members of both the Board of Trustees and Governing Council. They have all been the engine room of the Foundation and I thank them for all our achievements. I specially want to thank Sir Chief Dr. Alexander Molade Okoya Thomas who has always been there encouraging me. Also, Mrs. Patricia Otuedon-Arawore who started with me when the idea was conceived.

The idea and purpose were right and beneficial to society making the challenges we encountered to be bearable. I would never forget Mrs. Stella Okoli’s seed money on the New Era Youth Camp (NEYOCA) Project; it came when I was most discouraged to go on. Someone once said that you only know God is at work when you engage in something you know you can never accomplish by your own strength and resources.

This is our story in NEF, especially the NEYOCA Project. It is only someone who believes in miracles that can ever venture to build a 50-acre land debt-free. I believe it is possible, our intention has always been around the indigent youth with little or no opportunity but endowed with the gift of intelligence. Ours is a way to bring about positive change in our society, where a child who dares to go the extra mile through education is given the opportunity to reach for the stars.

For over 10 years, we have produced several one-day governors, seen more than one first class graduate, past winners of the Spelling Bee competitions graduating in various fields of endeavour, and few waiting to get into universities. We see a youth camp rising up from the forest. I feel so privileged and honoured to join the league of those who are proponents to build a better future for our children.

Senator Oluremi Tinubu OON
President, New Era Foundation
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by Boldstar(m): 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2016
Tolexander:
Congrats bro!

My bro, hating is not good for your blood. You just labeled him a bigot. You do not even know how the 1 day cabinet is chosen. You're thinking he handpicked them abi? Smh.

Previous years when most of the 1 day cabinet does not even have 1 hijab user, no one called anyone bigot. That's how you guys are sha. But just try to see clearly. Your hijab paranoia is actually making you go blind.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aressssa: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
[s]
1stCitizen:

Jeez!!! No wonder that country is in such a sorry state. People reason with their an.us. YOU COULD NOT EVEN READ WHAT YOU POSTED before rushing to post it. Typical Nigerian.Was it hard work that made him excel or the one day governor waste of time shyte.

Where was Tinubu when he was conducting those classes to pay his bills. I give up for you lot. You celebrate mundane irrelevant things rather than holding your leaders to task to provide scholarships, amenities and infrastructure.

You lot are like a pack of hungry dogs. Just select one and give it a golden bone, take pictures with it and return it to the other pack of hungry dogs..........without the bone.

Your case is hopeless.

[/s]

In 2005, Alexander was admitted into the University of Ibadan (UI) to study Law. He graduated with a First Class honours in 2010. Feeling proud of Alexander’s academic achievement, Senator Tinubu led a high-profile delegation to the campus to share in Alexander’s joy.

The senator footed Alexander’s Law School bill. “I never had the dream of going to the Law School because of tuition fee, which was at the time about £1,500. It didn’t come cheap. But my Law School bill was offset completely by Senator Tinubu and maintenance was covered by a scholarship scheme established by former chairman of Oshodi-Isolo Local Government Area, Hon. Afeez Ipesa-Balogun,” he said.

He said: “I chose this narrative path to put things in perspective and help everyone here to understand the beautiful heart Senator Oluremi Tinubu possesses. She is Yoruba, I am not. I was not born with a silver spoon and quite honestly, we probably do not share a lot of things in common. Despite this, I and several other people, through the New Era Foundation, have benefited from her act of selflessness, with a keen interest in upholding merit, despite all seeming dividing lines
http://thenationonlineng.net/grass-grace/

http://thenationonlineng.net/grass-grace/

There's got to be more to you people than hate, bitterness and bigotry.

Good to know that young man wasn't a bigot and hateful human being like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aressssa: 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
bonechamberlain:
OK, what is the synergy with what u wrote and what I wrote.

That you are a religious bigot based on your comment unless you have a different meaning for your Buhari.
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aressssa: 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
If it was Fayose eating roadside amala or cutting ponmo, you hail him and call him your role model, but you hate and despite people who are really making a difference and changing lives for good.

You people are just irredeemable burden on humanity and the society..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by bonechamberlain(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
aressssa:

That you are a religious bigot based on your comment unless you have a different meaning for your Buhari.
between me and you or those who selected that cabinet who is more of a bigot. In a secular country like Nigeria and Lagos, 90% of the one day governors cabinet members are muhammedans, who is the bigot, even Lagos state governor is a Christian with a Muslim as his deputy. Yes such a person is another buhari in the making because buhari is the biggest religious bigot and nepotistic leader the world has ever seen. Hope u won't emulate such person.
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aressssa: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
[s]
bonechamberlain:
between me and you or those who selected that cabinet who is more of a bigot. In a secular country like Nigeria and Lagos, 90% of the one day governors cabinet members are muhammedans, who is the bigot, even Lagos state governor is a Christian with a Muslim as his deputy. Yes such a person is another buhari in the making because buhari is the biggest religious bigot and nepotistic leader the world has ever seen. Hope u won't emulate such person.
[/s]

Not interested in your bigoted rant.

What do you have to show from your village where they are not bigots? Nothing, I mean nothing.

The only thing you people share and promote in hatred, bigotry, negativity and bitterness..

You bigots are rally nauseating..

3 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by jordinsparkles(f): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
I know about the competition. Its spelling bee.
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by christiscomin: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
saintkel:
Ok meanwhile see what happens if Buhari were to b d head of JAMB.
Taiwo: hw far nah
Me: i dey ooo...u dey this school.
Taiwo:Yeah
Me: which course
Taiwo: Banking and Surgery
Me: ***Gbagaun***Nah Islamic Engineering they give me jare.

What is this one saying again?
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by aressssa: 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
Keneking:

Nonsense defense. Its a tradition. Cant the session hold when he is disposed? grin

Actually, Ambode led the session with his deputy, the pictures the OP posted are from a later visit with the governor's wife..

Below are the pics with Governor Ambode..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by hotspec(m): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
saintkel:
Ok meanwhile see what happens if Buhari were to b d head of JAMB.
Taiwo: hw far nah
Me: i dey ooo...u dey this school.
Taiwo:Yeah
Me: which course
Taiwo: Banking and Surgery
Me: ***Gbagaun***Nah Islamic Engineering they give me jare.

Guy, u no well o. see as u fnish Bubu

Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by 7lives: 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
MrMcJay:

The first winner of the competition in 2001, Ebuka Anisiobi, enjoyed scholarship from the Lagos State Government to study Computer Engineering in Obafemi Awolowo University and is now a qualified Engineer with OANDO Plc; Winner of the 2002 edition, Tope Adeyemi graduated with first class Degree in Botany from the University of Lagos and also became the youngest Doctorate Degree holder in Africa in the history of the University, While Emmanuel Ayenitaju, the winner of 2003 graduated with First Class honors Degree in Chemistry from the University of Lagos.

Wao hits back to back.
Re: Lagos One-Day Governor Hosted By Bolanle Ambode by 7lives: 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
aresssa:

Nice one, wa gbayi jor.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okorocha Replies APC, I’m Not A Bad Loser / Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed / Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.