Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. (31484 Views)

Joy Ezechikamnayo, 14-Year-Old Abia Governor & Team Go On Inspection In Umuahia / Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. / I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Frankiss44(m): 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
How can you be sworn in with a result you rejected? Our politicians have no integrity at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by High2k(m): 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ikpeazu's master stroke was the holidays he quickly decleared before the swearing in of ogah could be enforced,... He actually bought time, pressed all pressable bottons (political and judicial), with the time lapse, i knew ogah's chances were becoming slimmer by the day... I see ikpeazu running away with this...

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Nwaonyeocha: 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
The court is dribbling Ikpeazu and Ogah like Messi dribbling football and the ball will not enter the net.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by fergie001: 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
Big lies.Op,,try better next time.The judgement in Owerri never mentioned Ogah but Nwosu,u are 2 old for this nah
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by seunmsg(m): 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
All this inconsequential abia high court judgement will not help Ikpeazu. I know he's trying to muddle up everywhere but the fact remains, Ogah has in his possession, the authentic certificate of return and it is only the appeal or supreme court that can invalidate that certificate.

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by ify84(m): 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
Zombies and efulefus will hate this judgement.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Oceemo(m): 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
this case should just be left in d trash and allow this guy 2 rule he us been love by his people so what d fuss. jeeezzzzzz
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by MadamExcellency: 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
@TonyeBarcanista

I postulated this line of argument during our discussion on a similar thread and I was right afterall
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Paperwhite(m): 6:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
That Maga will never near l that seat.

Let me call my friends.

Omenka dropshot, Beremx, Aresa, Caseless, donphilopus, egift, Abagworo, phantom, Anonimi, , Talktimi, ahaika23, APCSucks Chukwudi44 APCHaram
I follow also Phockery man.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by bloodkiIler: 6:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
That Maga will never near l that seat.

Let me call my friends.

Omenka dropshot, Beremx, Aresa, Caseless, donphilopus, egift, Abagworo, phantom, Anonimi, , Talktimi, ahaika23, APCSucks Chukwudi44 APCHaram
ngeneukwenu
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by kushma(m): 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
Likei:
judgment upon judgment, wetin i know be say IKPEAZU MUST GO
wake up sleep bro u are still DREAMING

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
MadamExcellency:
@TonyeBarcanista

I postulated this line of argument during our discussion on a similar thread and I was right afterall
This judgement is inconsequential to Okon's verdict Madame.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by frisky2good(m): 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
The INEC that gave him that certificate must provide a state for him to govern.

CJERRYEMILEX:
ok
Nigerians and the world could now see
You pronounced a certificate forged without inviting the issuers of the certificate to verify the authenticity of the certificate.

on top that you rule against the provisions of the constitution and violate the fundamental human right of fair hearing and fair trail provided in section 36 of the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria which you are quoting

on top that Inec rushed, signed and issued a certificate of return sharp sharp
And somebody wants to tell me that their is nothing fishy behind it.

well what ever they want let them do in this country the truth must stand out no matter who is standing on the way, darkness will never rule over LIGHT

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Paperwhite(m): 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
seunmsg:
All this inconsequential abia high court judgement will not help Ikpeazu. I know he's trying to muddle up everywhere but the fact remains, Ogah has in his possession, the authentic certificate of return and it is only the appeal or supreme court that can invalidate that certificate.
Typical of all APC fanatics.Beside what is your concern in a PDP in house power tussle?
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by CXLVII: 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
#IStandWithOgar
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Paperwhite(m): 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
bloodkiIler:

ngeneukwenu
Yeah! You just remind me.Where the hell is that APC women cheerleader bro?
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Paperwhite(m): 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
frisky2good:
The INEC that gave him that certificate must provide a state for him to govern.

Eziokwu! Truth! cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by weblord1900: 6:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
ok
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by seunmsg(m): 6:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
Paperwhite:
Typical of all APC fanatics.Beside what is your concern in a PDP in house power tussle?

Abia is a state in Nigeria and as a legitimate citizen, I can comment on what's happening in any part of my country.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by MadamExcellency: 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

This judgement is inconsequential to Okon's verdict Madame.

The issue here is that the case being adjudicated is the same but from different PDP Stewart laying claims to Abia State seat of Government and from two courts of coordinate jurisdiction.

Justice Abang Okon's ruling was based on assumption that Uche Ogar is the legitimate successor which is totally different from the main ruling that required the legitimate runner-up to replace Dr Ikpeazu.

From PDP's point of view and the ruling from Federal Court in Owerri, Uche Ogar is not the legitimate runner-up even if Dr Ikpeazu is to be removed unless a separate declaration by a higher court is made on Uche Ogar's behalf.

Moreover, the judgement of Federal High Court Owerri has rubbished whatever judgement Justice Okon delivered because it can no longer be enforced without a final determination of appeal by a higher court in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Chemstar: 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
Ikpeazu cleared of Tax evasion allegation

http://thenationonlineng.net/ogah-not-eligible-abia-governor-court/

BREAKING! Abia: Ikpeazu’s removal stands, says Federal High Court
1 hours ago

Okezie Ikpeazu
Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

A Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday affirmed in two separately rulings on Friday that the certificate of return issued to Uche Ogah by the Independent National Electoral Commission paving the way for him to be sworn in as Governor of Abia State, was valid.

Justice Okon Abang ruled that the two separate judgments delivered on June 27, removing Onyechi Ikpeazu as Governor of Abia State and ordering Ogah to be sworn in his stead could no longer be stayed since the Independent National Electoral Commission had already issued fresh certificate of return to Ogah.

He ruled that the judgment removing Ikpeazu remained valid until it is set aside by the Court of Appeal.

The judge ruled, “The order of the court subsists until set aside by the Court of Appeal.

“Therefore, the INEC lawfully issued Certificate of Return to Dr. Sampson Ikpeazu as it was in line with the judgment of this court.”

The judge made this declaration in two separate rulings dismissing the motions for stay of execution filed by Ikpeazu and the Peoples Democratic Party with respect to one of the two judgments delivered on June 27.

The June 27 judgments were delivered in two suits separately filed by Ogah and one Obasi Uba Eleagbara.

While the court refused to hear Ikpeazu’s motion for stay of execution of the judgment with respect to the case numbered FHC/ABJ/CS/71/2016 which was personally filed by Ogah, the court dismissed a similar motion filed by the embattled governor and the PDP with respect to the suit, numbered FHC/ABJ/CS/1086/2014.

With regard to the first case (filed by Ogah), the judge ruled that he could not go ahead to hear the motion for stay of execution since lawyers to the opposing parties (Ogah and Ikpeazu) had both submitted that the court no longer had jurisdiction to hear it because the appeal against the court’s judgment had been entered and appeal number issued.

But the court dismissed the motion for stay of execution filed by Ikpeazu with respect to the judgment on the case filed by Eleagbara, on the grounds that it lacked merit.

Though Ikpeazu’s lawyer, Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN), sought to withdraw the application after the judge refused his request for an adjournment of the hearing on the motion, the judge held that the prayer for its withdrawal was belated since Ogah’s lawyer, Alex Izinyon (SAN) had been made to file a counter-affidavit opposing it.

The judge held that since issues had been joined, the motion for stay of execution was deemed to have been heard regardless of whether it was formally moved in the open court.

Justice Abang also held that since INEC had issued Certificate of Return to Ogah, there was nothing left to be stayed.

#The Punch newspaper
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by BiafranPrince: 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
seunmsg:

Abia is a state in Nigeria and as a legitimate citizen, I can comment on what's happening in any part of my country.

Broh, limit your madness in ur Odua zone, especially Ondo or Ekiti sef.

I have been reading all you are writing about Okezie here, let the man be, he is trying his best, all these things they are doing is distractions.

I don't support Nigerian politics, but Ogar is dangerously over-ambitious, I don't know the kind of deal he cut to come cause this great confusion in Abia state.

3 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by sleazy5(m): 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
phemflex90:
federal High court at Abuja has absolute power over state high court, Ogah is qualified according to Law

My brother, you are wrong. No federal High Court has absolute power over the High Court of a State. They are rather courts with Concurrent Jurisdiction.

3 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by blazetitov: 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Maski87: 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
BiafranPrince:
Good one!

I am not from Abia, i am supporting Okezie for two things.

1. He is trying
2. Equity - It is time for UkwaNgwa region to produce a governor, being that their region is what sustains Abia state, the oil, Aba and everything is in their region, let them have it this once!

I would be a hypocrite, by working to restore a land where i wish to have equity and justice all men equal before Chukwu Okike, when i don't support equity and fair play in our land as the case may be right now.

Thank you!

We run a democracy and not it is our turn government, if this man can forge tax certificate he should not be governor
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Greatcarly1: 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
ikpeazu till 2023 Amen

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by intruder15(m): 6:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
al these drama. First it was d opposition (otti). Yet u prevailed. Nw its ur own party member against u. Atimes i wonder if this power tussle is just btw parties alone. Or btw individuals within a party... Yet u ve prevailed. Shame on ur enemies. Its not been easy. Dat region deserve to produce a governor. Bt pdp self. Ekwunife saga. Den andy $ chris uba saga over senate representation frm d same party o. Irritating.

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Maski87: 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
High2k:
Ikpeazu's master stroke was the holidays he quickly decleared before the swearing in of ogah could be enforced,... He actually bought time, pressed all pressable bottons (political and judicial), with the time lapse, i knew ogah's chances were becoming slimmer by the day... I see ikpeazu running away with this...
Ikpeazu Maradona
He doesn't stand a chance, he might even go to jail
Please can we swear in a our new governor quick quick
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by redcliff: 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
Simple case of shooting oneself on the foot.. lmao! This life eh!
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by obumkeke(m): 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
seunmsg:

seems u have not been reading the news, or no... u are not from the East...yesssss.... go back to the puzzle and try fixing it afresh.....

that should help.....
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Too many Judgements.

I know Ikpeazu will leave that position.

Very soon.
Supreme Court will decide that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SURE-P Vs N-Power: Which Is More Transparent? / Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Bayelsa State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.