Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. (31476 Views)

Joy Ezechikamnayo, 14-Year-Old Abia Governor & Team Go On Inspection In Umuahia / Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. / I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by PhockPhockMan: 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ikpeazu cleared of Tax evasion allegation

A Federal High Court sitting in Owerri on Friday ruled that Dr Uche Ogah, who was recently presented with a Certificate of Return by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the legitimate Governor of Abia State, is not “eligible to enjoy the outcome of the PDP primary because he rejected the result of the primary”.
The Court also dismissed a suit filed by Chief Friday Nwosu, seeking to remove the Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu for allegedly presenting a forged Tax Certificate to his party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
Nwosu a guber aspirant on the PDP platform during Dec.8, 2014 primary approached the Court praying that he be declared Abia Governor on the grounds that Ikpeazu was not qualified to represent the PDP during 2015 election.
Delivering judgment on the suit, the presiding Judge, Lewis Allagoa, stated that the Plaintiff through his Counsel failed to justify his claim that the Tax Certificate submitted by Ikpeazu was forged.
Allagoa noted that aside looking at documents in litigation, proving a forged matter requires adequate clarification and additional proof by experts before a forgery claim can be established by law.
On the claim that Ikpeazu was not properly taxed in the year 2011, the Court noted that it was not the position of Ikpeazu, but that of the tax official to determine how he could be taxed.
The Court maintained that since the issuing Authority (Abia State Board of Internal Revenue) was not joined in the suit nor an expert engaged to ascertain the authenticity of the document it would be unlawful for the court to rule in favour of the Plaintiff.
On the third relief sought by the Plaintiff, seeking to dismiss the claim to the governorship position by Dr Uche Ogah, the Court ruled in favour of the plaintiff, noting “Ogah is not eligible to enjoy the outcome of the PDP primary because he rejected the result of the primary”.
Allagoa had earlier favoured Nwosu on two other grounds; that the originating summons filed was properly filed and that the Federal High Court has jurisdiction to hear the pre-election suit.

Reacting to the judgment which lasted more than two hours, Dr Livy Uzoukwu (SAN), J.T.U. Nnodum and Theo Nkire who represented the Independent National Electoral Commission, PDP and Ikpeazu respectively said that the judgment was a landmark one.
Nkire specifically commended the Justice for his industry in reviewing all issues raised by parties and at the end gave a sound judgment that would be hard to fault elsewhere.
Mr Francis Unyimadu, the plaintiff counsel also thanked the court for the judgment and added that his client will critically look at the judgment and known what next to do.
Meanwhile moments after the ruling, supporters of the Abia Governor, who attended the court in their uniforms were dancing and singing songs of thanksgiving for the victory which they said had adequately addressed the recent distractions to the Governor.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ogah-not-eligible-abia-governor-court/

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by HungerBAD: 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Too many Judgements.

I know Ikpeazu will leave that position.

Very soon.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by CJERRYEMILEX(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
ok
Nigerians and the world could now see
You pronounced a certificate forged without inviting the issuers of the certificate to verify the authenticity of the certificate.

on top that you rule against the provisions of the constitution and violate the fundamental human right of fair hearing and fair trail provided in section 36 of the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria which you are quoting

on top that Inec rushed, signed and issued a certificate of return sharp sharp
And somebody wants to tell me that their is nothing fishy behind it.

well what ever they want let them do in this country the truth must stand out no matter who is standing on the way, darkness will never rule over LIGHT

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by PhockPhockMan: 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2016

A Federal High Court sitting in Owerri on Friday ruled that Dr Uche Ogah, who was recently presented with a Certificate of Return by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the legitimate Governor of Abia State, is not “eligible to enjoy the outcome of the PDP primary because he rejected the result of the primary”.

On the claim that Ikpeazu was not properly taxed in the year 2011, the Court noted that it was not the position of Ikpeazu, but that of the tax official to determine how he could be taxed.
The Court maintained that since the issuing Authority (Abia State Board of Internal Revenue) was not joined in the suit nor an expert engaged to ascertain the authenticity of the document it would be unlawful for the court to rule in favour of the Plaintiff.

Lalasticlala please let Nigerians know the full judgment.

5 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by kcnwaigbo: 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
How many courts judgement are we going to see in this matter!! Chai!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by jlinkd78(m): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
With this caption coming from a pro-Tinubu cum APC tabloid, Ikpeazu can at least in d foreseeable future sleep with two eyes closed. Ogah lost it when d speed of issuance of d Inec certificate wasn't proportional to d speed of swearing in.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by PhockPhockMan: 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
That Maga will never near l that seat.

Let me call my friends.

Omenka dropshot, Beremx, Aresa, Caseless, donphilopus, egift, Abagworo, phantom, Anonimi, , Talktimi, ahaika23, APCSucks Chukwudi44 APCHaram

3 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by kcnwaigbo: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
jlinkd78:
With this caption coming from a pro-Tinubu cum APC tabloid, Ikpeazu can at least in d foreseeable future sleep with two eyes closed. Ogah lost it when d speed of issuance of d Inec certificate wasn't proportional to d speed of swearing in.
The Abia CJ just messed up their plans.They should have just waited for the final judgement from the supreme court before rushing to issue certificate of return.These whole controversy is uncalled for

4 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Ponponkon: 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
Bro lalasticlala and Mynd44 every Dick Tom and Harry including the boy Tonyebarcanista knew that Ikpeazu's tax papers are original. God will continue to put our enemies to shame.

4 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Likei(m): 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
judgment upon judgment, wetin i know be say IKPEAZU MUST GO

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Ponponkon: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Let me call my friends.

Omenka dropshot, Beremx, Aresa, Caseless, donphilopus, egift, Abagworo, phantom, Anonimi, , Talktimi, ahaika23, APCSucks Chukwudi44 APCHaram
Don't mind the criminals, they are going back to their caves soon. Ikpeazu for President 2023

3 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Let me call my friends.

@bolded, see them below.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
This govt. has killed our judiciary!
When you don't obey court of the land as a president,every thom and dick will see the court as where you will buy judgement like biscuit.

Shame!

3 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by BiafranPrince: 5:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
Good one!

I am not from Abia, i am supporting Okezie for two things.

1. He is trying
2. Equity - It is time for UkwaNgwa region to produce a governor, being that their region is what sustains Abia state, the oil, Aba and everything is in their region, let them have it this once!

I would be a hypocrite, by working to restore a land where i wish to have equity and justice all men equal before Chukwu Okike, when i don't support equity and fair play in our land as the case may be right now.

Thank you!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
I personally think justice should prevail. You kna wha am sayin?? Ikpeazu be left there since the acclaimed tax case was all wrong.
Men, they should leave the man to rule in peace.

8 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by ychris: 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
i pity that stvpeed senator payng allegiance to oga....is it not too early? yeye woman

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Vendoor(f): 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
Shame don cach them now tongue
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by worlexy(m): 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ok
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by sebebe(m): 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Which court should we abide with now?

Different judgement from different quaters!!!

Lawyers in the house, your take!

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by tempest01(m): 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Justice Okon Abang you see your life?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by phemflex90(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
federal High court at Abuja has absolute power over state high court, Ogah is qualified according to Law

3 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by kushma(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Told you guys #ISTANDWITHOKEZIE

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by lordtriplee(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
I really pity our future. The judiciary is nothing to write home about. Faulty judgements everywhere - our country was once...
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Jilo83(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]confusion everywhere. Conflicting judgements
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Estimable(m): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
Power vs power
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by bonechamberlain(m): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
So ikpeazu can now be allowed to focus on good governance. Enough of these distractions.

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by CACAWA(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
sebebe:
Which court should we abide with now?

Different judgement from different quaters!!!

Lawyers in the house, your take!
this judgment is dead on arrival because tge man, Ikpeazu no longer has a certificate of return, it is what lawyers call an academic judgement... Only for the records. LOL

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by mekonglobal(m): 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
undecided I would have love to comment but sorry...no comment.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Realdeals(m): 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
The real judgement is from the Federal High Court Abuja

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Alvinnado(m): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hahahahhahahahahahahah,laughing in Lafia
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Frankiss44(m): 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
phemflex90:
federal High court at Abuja has absolute power over state high court, Ogah is qualified according to Law

Who is this learner?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Frankiss44(m): 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
CACAWA:
this judgment is dead on arrival because tge man, Ikpeazu no longer has a certificate of return, it is what lawyers call an academic judgement... Only for the records. LOL

Na you take Ikpeazu certificate from am? Abi you be the rat when chop am?

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From A Protest In Rivers Against Wike Alledged Plan To Sack LG Chairmen / Dele Momodu, Abike Dabiri, Fayose React To Jide Tinubu's Death / Shehu Sani On Obasanjo’s Letter: Buhari Should Not Use It As Toilet Roll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.