Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. (31490 Views)

Joy Ezechikamnayo, 14-Year-Old Abia Governor & Team Go On Inspection In Umuahia / Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. / I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Ponponkon: 4:48am On Jul 09, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

You just dey run around Nairaland dey twist facts. Ogar did not say the certificate was forged, his case was based on ikpeazu's acknowledgement that all documents submitted to INEC was authentic and verified by him. There's always a clause in INEC form for that. This is where the abuja high court based it's judgement and that is why Abia Board of internal revenue was not invited to witness, because ikpeazu's legal team had already acknowledged that their was error in the tax document. Ogah'd legal team is far intelligent, they didn't sue for forgery.

We all know that Owerri high court judgement was staged. Ogah has been on this case since Dec 2014, a year and 7 months was taken b4 judgement was delivered. Nwosu's case was all a script, written, filed and delivered within 2 working days; the fastest in the history of this country.

Anyway, it is only an appellate court that can over-rule the federal high court's decision.

Wetin concern me self, make una carry una wahala dey go make me find wetin I go chop.
I can see that telling lies is your hubby and it flows in your blood stream. NWOSU went to court before your Ogah.God will continue to hunt you wicked souls that see white and call it black.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by glossy6(f): 6:00am On Jul 09, 2016
Ikpeazu literally means kangaroo judgment. Igbo fellas help me interpret
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by MaziOmenuko: 10:36am On Jul 09, 2016
Ponponkon:
I can see that telling lies is your hubby and it flows in your blood stream. NWOSU went to court before your Ogah.God will continue to hunt you wicked souls that see white and call it black.

So Nwosu that rushed to Owerri high court on July 3rd after Ogar's judgement has been delivered went to court before Ogar?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/anarchy-looms-abia-third-contender-emerges-challenges-court-ruling-affirming-ogah-gov-elect/

Now who is the liar? You don't even deserve a decent conversation with me.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by july66: 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
I don't understand Nigeria judiciary. When d issue of Governor Oshiomhole's primary 6 was challenged at the tribunal, they ruled that it was supposed to be a pre-election case & not after the election has bn contested & won. I see this tax issue in the same light. What is happening to our judiciary, please?
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by july66: 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
Ikpeazu cleared of Tax evasion allegation

http://thenationonlineng.net/ogah-not-eligible-abia-governor-court/

this judge done fall Ogah hand. The commissioner list wey he bn draw go now end 4 dustbin. The castle when he be done build for air, he no go fit bring am down. He pain me for am sha. This is also a lesson for those wey dey reject result of election. They go dey think twice now b4 they reject election result.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Yungchukzy(m): 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ikpeazu can only leave his seat when he has exhausted all his legal options and this goes up all the way to the Supreme court.

Only then can he vacate his seat for Ogah. INEC was wrong to issue a certificate of return to Ogah.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by july66: 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

The Abia CJ just messed up their plans.They should have just waited for the final judgement from the supreme court before rushing to issue certificate of return.These whole controversy is uncalled for
Abia CJ? The judgement was done by a judge of the Federal high court seating in Owerri & not a judge of Abia state judIciary. Do not mix it u.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by petux(m): 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
hhhhh
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by petux(m): 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2016
for real??
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by petux(m): 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
hy guysl??
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by 1freshdude: 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

You just dey run around Nairaland dey twist facts. Ogar did not say the certificate was forged, his case was based on ikpeazu's acknowledgement that all documents submitted to INEC was authentic and verified by him. There's always a clause in INEC form for that. This is where the abuja high court based it's judgement and that is why Abia Board of internal revenue was not invited to witness, because ikpeazu's legal team had already acknowledged that their was error in the tax document. Ogah'd legal team is far intelligent, they didn't sue for forgery.

We all know that Owerri high court judgement was staged. Ogah has been on this case since Dec 2014, a year and 7 months was taken b4 judgement was delivered. Nwosu's case was all a script, written, filed and delivered within 2 working days; the fastest in the history of this country.

Anyway, it is only an appellate court that can over-rule the federal high court's decision.

Wetin concern me self, make una carry una wahala dey go make me find wetin I go chop.

I don't care who your principal is in this tussle, but you are perhaps the only one that hit a salient question that left me pondering. How did the Judge come to his conclusion so fast? In less than a week fa! Has he been following it on nairaland? Men this is a new low even for the corrupt judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by lightheart(m): 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2016
1freshdude:

I don't care who your principal is in this tussle, but you are perhaps the only one that hit a salient question that left me pondering. How did the Judge come to his conclusion so fast? In less than a week fa! Has he been following it on nairaland? Men this is a new low even for the corrupt judiciary.

Oh boi!

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by kahal29: 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
PhockPhockMan:
Ikpeazu cleared of Tax evasion allegation

http://thenationonlineng.net/ogah-not-eligible-abia-governor-court/

Pls show me in this judgement where the court said Ogah was Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor. The judge didn't give such order

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Ponponkon: 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
kahal29:

Pls show me in this judgement where the court said Ogah was Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor. The judge didn't give such order
Shame on you and your paymaster..."IF JUSTICE ABANG CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW CIVIL SERVANTS' TAX CLEARANCE WORKS, HE OUGHT TO HAVE SOUGHT CLARIFICATIONS" - APPEAL COURT.

These were the exact words of Court of Appeal Justice Ibrahim Shata Bdilya today while reading the judgement in the case between Gov. Ikpeazu vs Uche Ogah.

Read for yourself the verdict of the Appeal Court:

“The issue of tax clearance which puts the burden of proof on the Governor on the tax issues, was not an issue, with regards to a civil servant or public officers whose tax is deducted at source and of which the first respondent was one.
his tax income will be assessed by the tax office.

“I do not agree with the trial judge that it is the second respondent that is the governor that supplied the information to the tax office.

“That would have been true if he had a private business on the side, for which he would have been required by law to declare to the tax office.

“But as a civil servant his tax is deducted at source and imputed by the tax office.

“If the trial judge cannot understand how civil servants tax clearance works he ought to have sought clarifications,” he stressed.

Explaining further, he pointed out that he could not agree that the tax documents submitted were irregular and false.

“The challenge in the originating summons in relation to tax clearance is not any where near the narrow view envisaged by the Electoral Act.

“There is no allegation of non-payment of tax but that the documentation was false. I therefore resolve this ground in favour of the pdp.

“It is my view that the judge committed a great injustice to the rules of natural justice by not listening to all sides In the case.

“By not listening to the Chief tax officer in defence of the Governor he had shut out their opportunity to defend themselves.

“By failing to consider the application of one James Okeji, a director in the Abia State tax office and on the other hand saying that it was an afterthought, the High Court Judge missed a golden opportunity to give all sides opportunity, thereby abandoning his training as a judge,” the Appeal Court held.

It also held that that except a person had participated in an election that he would not be issued a certificate of return and not that could not be decided by a court.

“That is why in the case of Rotimi Amechi the Supreme Court ordered that he should be sworn in and not issued a certificate of return.

“There is a laid down proceedings as to how a certificate of return should be issued to a person,” the Justice held.

Compiled by Chief Barr. Onyebuchi Ememanka
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Ponponkon: 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

So Nwosu that rushed to Owerri high court on July 3rd after Ogar's judgement has been delivered went to court before Ogar?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/anarchy-looms-abia-third-contender-emerges-challenges-court-ruling-affirming-ogah-gov-elect/

Now who is the liar? You don't even deserve a decent conversation with me.
Little brat,were did your paymaster Ucha Ogah get the originating sermon he went to court Abang with if not from F.N NWOSU' suit? The funny thing is that what he copied was not even duly signed and his useless Okong Abang granted the mugu his ungodly reliefs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Tweets For The First Time Since Nigeria Lifted Twitter Ban / President Buhari Flags Off Kolmani Oil Development In Bauchi (Photos) / Abia Governor-Elect Otti Celebrates After INEC Announced Him As Winner (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.