Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,181 members, 7,829,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. (31489 Views)

Joy Ezechikamnayo, 14-Year-Old Abia Governor & Team Go On Inspection In Umuahia / Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. / I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by omaolowo(m): 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
There are so many conflicting judgements being churned out and spewed about the whole place.
Federal High Court Abuja differing from the conclusion of Federal High Court Owerri!

And the Abia State High Court forming a far different opinion that is divergent from Federal Courts in Abuja and Owerri

What exactly is going on? One expects the litigants to have approached the Appeal Court rather than engaging the High Courts' pronouncements (Federal and State) to be adding more to the confusion
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Jesusloveyou: 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
CACAWA:
this judgment is dead on arrival because tge man, Ikpeazu no longer has a certificate of return, it is what lawyers call an academic judgement... Only for the records. LOL
and d reason is too shalow for a learned judge to give, he said because ogah reject d primary result,

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by whiskystan: 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
Op u got it wrong the judgement of today was between nwosu Vs Ikpeazu and not in any way in connection with Ogah and the court can't leave the matter before him and rule on Ogah cause he Ogah was not a party to this. as it stands the ruling of Justice Okon stands pending the determine of appeal. don't get it twisted.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by andyanders: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
CJERRYEMILEX:
ok
Nigerians and the world could now see
You pronounced a certificate forged without inviting the issuers of the certificate to verify the authenticity of the certificate.

on top that you rule against the provisions of the constitution and violate the fundamental human right of fair hearing and fair trail provided in section 36 of the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria which you are quoting

on top that Inec rushed, signed and issued a certificate of return sharp sharp
And somebody wants to tell me that their is nothing fishy behind it.

well what ever they want let them do in this country the truth must stand out no matter who is standing on the way, darkness will never rule over LIGHT

You are right on point. I knew that they were just making noise and that the judge who started this was just after the money of the applicant and not the truth.

Okezie Ikepazu has been elected and nothing can change this. I cannot understand why people keep deceiving themselves over this issue. I don't blame the lawyers who take advantage of their ignorance of the law by the applicants and be smiling to the bank. How can the judge not invite the body that issued the said forged certificate to verify if it was forged before going ahead to pronounce his judgement and instruct that INEC issue a certificate to the applicant.People making mockery of our legal system.Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by guychidile: 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
all things being equal,Dr Ikpeazu will surely remain Abia Governor and complete his 4yrs tenure...QED

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by MaziOmenuko: 7:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ponponkon:
Bro lalasticlala and Mynd44 every Dick Tom and Harry including the boy Tonyebarcanista knew that Ikpeazu's tax papers are original. God will continue to put our enemies to shame.

You just dey run around Nairaland dey twist facts. Ogar did not say the certificate was forged, his case was based on ikpeazu's acknowledgement that all documents submitted to INEC was authentic and verified by him. There's always a clause in INEC form for that. This is where the abuja high court based it's judgement and that is why Abia Board of internal revenue was not invited to witness, because ikpeazu's legal team had already acknowledged that their was error in the tax document. Ogah'd legal team is far intelligent, they didn't sue for forgery.

We all know that Owerri high court judgement was staged. Ogah has been on this case since Dec 2014, a year and 7 months was taken b4 judgement was delivered. Nwosu's case was all a script, written, filed and delivered within 2 working days; the fastest in the history of this country.

Anyway, it is only an appellate court that can over-rule the federal high court's decision.

Wetin concern me self, make una carry una wahala dey go make me find wetin I go chop.

6 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by ladyverere(f): 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
[quote author=phemflex90 post=47340013]federal High court at Abuja has absolute power over state high court, Ogah is qualified according to Law ]

If I read correctly, today's judgment was passed by another federal high Court in owerri. Both the federal high Court Abuja and the federal high Court owerri have concurrent jurisdiction so none of their judgment precede the other. Only the court of appeal can confirm or overturn both decisions. But in law, Ogah really cannot be declared governor for a primary whose results he rejected and an election he never contested . It amounts to reaping where he did sow. Even the almost similar issue in Kogi State after Audu's death can be distinguished from this one.

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by dinachi(m): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
Rubbish Ghana must go judgement obtained at Ariaria market Aba. Tell the Legal fools that Oga's rejection of the Primary result did not invalidate the result and as such he is the governor of the state by law.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by captleonerd(m): 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ponponkon:
Don't mind the criminals, they are going back to their caves soon. Ikpeazu for President 2023
lol ikpeazu for president? hahahaha grin
*falls from bitter leaf tree*
you should also laugh at yourself
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Bgorgeous: 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
After corrupt politicians in this country, the judiciary is the most corrupt. Where does that leave us as a country
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Cordis92(f): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
In my opinion, I see this whole ish as a ploy to destroy the unity of Abia state PDP. If I were Ogah, I will back off knowing that Okezie Ikpeazu is not just my party member but also my brother. In the end, if victory goes to Okezie, what will become of Ogah? Will he still enjoy peace with Okezie? The whole thing will just look like they used him to make news headlines. And if Okezie loses, what will be the fate of Abia people? Especially the Aba people.

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Lastine: 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
This INEC then deserve to be probe... They have collected some token from ogah as bribe... Why issuing a certificate of return to him when the issue has not been appealed to and finally settled

Sai baba, I suspect kwaruptn there... INEC don collect bribe...

EFCC!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do your job

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Teespice(f): 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
in electoral matters, you cannot reject the outcome of an election and still ask that you be declared winner. choose one.

But this case don dey get as e be sha. I only hope the final outcome won't cause unrest in Abia state.

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by millionaireman: 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
How many courts judgement are we going to see in this matter!! Chai!

From any legal angle, Allagoa with this new judgement is the more meticulous and unbiased judge than the earlier judge whose judgement and pronouncements stink, smell and are most mischievous.

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by millionaireman: 8:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
Lastine:
This INEC then deserve to be probe... They have collected some token from ogah as bribe... Why issuing a certificate of return to him when the issue has not been appealed to and finally settled

Sai baba, I suspect kwaruptn there... INEC don collect bribe...

EFCC!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do your job

That's Bubu's government for us.

That judgement that sacked Ikpeazu was a calculated attempt at the highest quarters to sink Abia state by making Abia people engage in inter clan war for the duration of the tenure.

Most of Abia state'a revenues would have gone to hiring SANS as well as on attempts to use the state's allocations to influence the judiciary so that Ogah can occupy the government highest office in Umuahia for four years.

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by dayowunmi(m): 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
I think it's safe to say even the court and it's judges are confused. One issued judgement in one's favor the other issued judgement in the others favor. I won't be surprised if a third candidate is also declared governor after ikpeazu and ogah. The judiciary is rigged
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2016
Foolish nigerians with No single drop of brain, no thinking faculty, confused set of people...with dead moral values... How can a man who has committed tax fraud.... Even With my little pay I still pay tax to My Govt, yet a Tax fraudster, wants to Govern and use tax payers money to enrich Himself and family... Yet foolish ppl see nothing wrong About that,because you support Crime, you make criminals hero...and that's why pliticians will continue to loot nigeria dry and you All will continue to suffer in this country.. All that plenty judgement in favour of ikpeazu...... Means he is actually guilty, why has he not gotten a federal high judgement He is guilty of tax fraud and thus, he is not fit To even be a local govt chairman... By law.

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by brexit: 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
Judges in Nigeria are now more confused than ordinary citizens,they do not have total control of their mind and decisions being controlled by the executives.The irony is that from bar they call themselves "Learned" but one wonders how LLB and BL can make one learned,let judges be holders of doctorate degree in Law and all this madness will stop,NBA,NJC,etc should call these judges to order,people are now ridiculing a noble profession because of these greedy judges.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by mascotman(m): 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Too many Judgements.

I know Ikpeazu will leave that position.

Very soon.
HungerBAD:
Too many Judgements.

Very soon.
HungerBAD:
Too many Judgements.

Very soon.

How do you know?
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by PhockPhockMan: 8:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
Paperwhite:
I follow also Phockery man.
Thanks for that reminder.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by mascotman(m): 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
tempest01:
Justice Okon Abang you see your life?
l tire ooo!
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by able20(m): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
I can most Uche ogah Avengers Wailing
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by ToyotaTufiakwa: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
Likei:
judgment upon judgment, wetin i know be say IKPEAZU MUST GO

Make we go am outside.....2000odds say Ogah be Governor, (Away)....
Ikpeazu remains Governor , 10odds(Home)...

Abeg play me Home and over 5.5, I bet 2000naira
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by ndcide(m): 8:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
This judgment is clear and straight forward. It further indicates that justice Okon Abang of Abuja high court needs to be checked. That man seems to have derailed.

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by PhockPhockMan: 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
fergie001:
Big lies.Op,,try better next time.The judgement in Owerri never mentioned Ogah but Nwosu,u are 2 old for this nah

Shaarrrrraaaaap there, why call me a liar, have you clicked the source?

http://thenationonlineng.net/ogah-not-eligible-abia-governor-court/
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by bloodkiIler: 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
Paperwhite:
Yeah! You just remind me.Where the hell is that APC women cheerleader bro?
bros you be learner if you don't know that that moniker na man by name Ogbonna Ubani
na any "f" moniker be female grin

1 Like

Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
They want to destroy Abia with useless politics .. If Oga through Jungle justice find himself into seat of governorship, Abia state will be haywire till normalcy is returned.. this just the first step.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by freeze001(f): 10:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
phemflex90:
federal High court at Abuja has absolute power over state high court, Ogah is qualified according to Law

Hush! No let person hear u talk ds kind thing! Go and read up d Constitution and practice rules, they are courts of concurrent jurisdiction! The FHC has no 'superior' or any other power over a State High Court.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by ajawara(m): 11:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
phemflex90:
federal High court at Abuja has absolute power over state high court, Ogah is qualified according to Law

It is very embarrassing to see you displaying your ignorance and emptiness in this forum. Both federal and state high court cannot override each other. Federal high court does have power to set aside the judgment of the state high court.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by TalkingBird: 11:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
Anguish of nations not knowing the way out.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by titoetal(m): 12:12am On Jul 09, 2016
Very sound, clear and unbiased judgment. Well done Mr justice.
Re: Ogah Not Eligible To Be Abia Governor- Court. by Paperwhite(m): 1:37am On Jul 09, 2016
bloodkiIler:

bros you be learner if you don't know that that moniker na man by name Ogbonna Ubani
na any "f" moniker be female grin
grin grin cheesy.Nna ehn! Tell me more guy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: Ballot Box Snatching, Shooting Going Everywhere In Lokoja Town / The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics / IMO 2015-Uche Nwosu Wins Apc Governorship Ticket In Imo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.