Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. (20827 Views)

Teacher Uses Extraordinary Chalkboard Drawing Skills To Teach Students Anatomy / Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? / These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
46. Jupiter has the biggest ocean of any planet.

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
phranq:

did u just say diamond?? why hv u bin hoarding dis kind of info dis is why I use juju on pple like u.....oya d adres sharp sharp.

Lol...
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
47. There are Mars rocks on Earth (and we didn’t bring here).

Chemical analysis of meteorites found in Antarctica, the Sahara Desert, and elsewhere have been shown by various means to have originated on Mars. For example, some contain pockets of gas that is chemically identical to the martian atmosphere. These meteorites may have been blasted away from Mars due to a larger meteoroid or asteroid impact on Mars, or by a huge volcanic eruption, and later collided with Earth.

http://earthsky.org/space/ten-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-solar-system

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by drss(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
majour:
Try doing a research into it, I think a lot of truth has bin suppressed mostly by the big heads, alien sightings, truth abt the marshian moon and the threat that lies out there that we don't know abt, when the sanction was placed on Russia then, putin threatened the world economy especially united state that it Wud reveal the truth abt the alien coverup, so many things bro, just do ur research on them, interesting dey r, goes deeper to the reason why the mainstream media Wud never report anything abt UFO sightings and all, wish I cud share my clips with u, I love ur sense of explore
abeg wat is d link to d clip na for youtube
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

O boy that diamond bigger than earth na real trouble, how are we suppose to steal from collect from or extract from something bigger than our world? Hehehehe cheesy lols, omo e be like say na the alcohol sure pas oo grin

Na to carry axe, laser, cutter, driller, chainsaw, dynamite, RPGs, carry everything go there.

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Dejideji1(m): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
majour:
Try doing a research into it, I think a lot of truth has bin suppressed mostly by the big heads, alien sightings, truth abt the marshian moon and the threat that lies out there that we don't know abt, when the sanction was placed on Russia then, putin threatened the world economy especially united state that it Wud reveal the truth abt the alien coverup, so many things bro, just do ur research on them, interesting dey r, goes deeper to the reason why the mainstream media Wud never report anything abt UFO sightings and all, wish I cud share my clips with u, I love ur sense of explore

I don't believe this, NASA has strongly refuted the claims of UFO or Allien sightings. Why would they be suppressing the truth?

If it's really true, why are they still claiming to be searching for extraterrestrial life? Stories of Alliens or UFO are hoax. As there are no substantial evidence of their existence yet.

For the issue of the moon, i guess it's no longer a priority, they don't have interest in visiting it again, remember it costs a lot of USD to embark on the journey, so why waste funds on it when they are currently planning on sending man to Mars.

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
48. The U.S. once thought seriously about nuking the moon. Project A119 in the United States was a plan to launch a nuclear missile at the moon. Why? Evidently they felt it would give them a perceptual leg up in the Space Race. Fortunately, however, the plan was never executed.

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by majour(m): 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
drss:
abeg wat is d link to d clip na for youtube
don't know how to post links so I'd try https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vmRwQCoK_XY
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
49. Space is completely silent.

There is no atmosphere in space, which means that sound has no medium or way to travel to be heard. Astronauts use radios to stay in communication why in space, since radio waves can still be sent and received.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
50. If two pieces of the same type of metal touch in space they will permanently bond.

This incredible fact is also known as cold welding and it happens because the atoms of two pieces of metal have no way of knowing they are separate. This doesn’t happen on Earth because of the air and water found between the pieces.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by drss(m): 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
majour:
don't know how to post links so I'd try https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vmRwQCoK_XY
tanks
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by majour(m): 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
Dejideji1:

I don't believe this, NASA has strongly refuted the claims of UFO or Allien sightings. Why would they be suppressing the truth?

If it's really true, why are they still claiming to be searching for extraterrestrial life? Stories of Alliens or UFO are hoax. As there are no substantial evidence of their existence yet.

For the issue of the moon, i guess it's no longer a priority, they don't have interest in visiting it again, remember it costs a lot of USD to embark on the journey, so why waste funds on it when they are currently planning on sending man to Mars.
the reason for the secrecy shud be damn obvious, imagine what the society Wud degrade to if man was told that religion as a whole has bin a lie all along, that we came truly from genetic manipulation by a race far superior in intellectual than we Wud ever be. CONTROL. Is the real reason why we r bin left out the big picture, research the UFO sighted by the Japanese airline, which was documented by NASA, CIA and Japanese military, the theory was that it was as big as two US carrier. The truth is out there bro, but it is called fake and unreal cus the implications out weighs the benefits or at least for now.the ruseswell crash did happen and area 51 is real. Try this for truth

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RjGYSGbAEUM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Dejideji1(m): 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
jstmee:
The truth is that no one has ever gone to the moon. What happen in 1969 was all a hoax just to show the world especially the russians that their tecnology on space is ahead of every country.

The russians where the first to go to space, so this became a great threat to the Americans as they might launch a missile from the low earth orbit to north america.

The faking of the moon landing was a necessary one to save their nation. So if the russians cant go beyond low earth orbit , we the Americans can go not only beyond lower earth orbit but to the moon.

Did you just say no one has ever gone to the moon? What happened to the live broadcast in 1969 that was viewed my millions of people? And what about several photo evidences? Even if you weren't born then, the recorded video is there for you to watch.

3 Likes

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Dejideji1(m): 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
51. There is floating water in space.

Astronomers have found a massive water vapor cloud which holds 140 trillion times the mass of water in the Earth’s oceans somewhere around 10 billion light years away making it the largest discovery of water ever found.

source:http://theplanets.org/space-facts/
http://www.wordsiseek.com/universe-facts/
cc: fynestboi, lalasticlala

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
52. The largest known asteroid is 965 km (600 mi) wide.

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by mcyemite(m): 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
Billyonaire:
The Universe is vast in the physical sense of it. It does show how irrelevant Earth and humans seem in the grand scheme of the Cosmos. Lets just say, Astronauts need special space suit to go to Mars, Moon etc. Then what type of space suit did we need to be on Earth ? Ahaaa our body, is a space suit designed for Earth-life, it can't work on other planets.

Our brains are transistor receptacle picking up signals from the Universe in a set of frequency its tuned to, we are just biological devices powered by solar energy from the Sun. Think about eating food from plants, nutrients from plants come via photosynthesis, Oh yes, Sun energy transmuting nutrients meant for us as space travelers on Earth.

Science is great, but we must study more physics to understand human existence in space-time. We do not have soul, we are soul, we have a body meant for Earth journey, and when the body ages and dies, we cleverly move to default state as soul and pop back to the 'home' with all the experiences we had on Earth in the cosmic cloud…in earth word…mind.

It makes a lot of sense to explore the universes physically, but during soul travel, when the physical body is set aside and journeyed via the soul, you have ability to visit the galaxies and universes in the bodies that can survive in every planet in the Cosmos.

This is the essence of Soul Travel.
what is this one saying again?...which one is soul travel?

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by mcyemite(m): 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2016
jstmee:
The truth is that no one has ever gone to the moon. What happen in 1969 was all a hoax just to show the world especially the russians that their tecnology on space is ahead of every country.

The russians where the first to go to space, so this became a great threat to the Americans as they might launch a missile from the low earth orbit to north america.

The faking of the moon landing was a necessary one to save their nation. So if the russians cant go beyond low earth orbit , we the Americans can go not only beyond lower earth orbit but to the moon.

another political theory...but they actually went...i was on honeymoon on the moon when they came.:-D
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Egbabiekperemo: 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
Billyonaire:
The Universe is vast in the physical sense of it. It does show how irrelevant Earth and humans seem in the grand scheme of the Cosmos. Lets just say, Astronauts need special space suit to go to Mars, Moon etc. Then what type of space suit did we need to be on Earth ? Ahaaa our body, is a space suit designed for Earth-life, it can't work on other planets.

Our brains are transistor receptacle picking up signals from the Universe in a set of frequency its tuned to, we are just biological devices powered by solar energy from the Sun. Think about eating food from plants, nutrients from plants come via photosynthesis, Oh yes, Sun energy transmuting nutrients meant for us as space travelers on Earth.

Science is great, but we must study more physics to understand human existence in space-time. We do not have soul, we are soul, we have a body meant for Earth journey, and when the body ages and dies, we cleverly move to default state as soul and pop back to the 'home' with all the experiences we had on Earth in the cosmic cloud…in earth word…mind.

It makes a lot of sense to explore the universes physically, but during soul travel, when the physical body is set aside and journeyed via the soul, you have ability to visit the galaxies and universes in the bodies that can survive in every planet in the Cosmos.

This is the essence of Soul Travel.

Am still on nairaland basically because of dudes like u. Your intelligent comments are either spot on or very funny. Lol

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
53. International space station is about the size of a football field.

image source: http://www.nasa.gov/content/space-station-size-compared-to-soccer-field/#.V4KfeF2t-o8

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Dejideji1(m): 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
majour:
the reason for the secrecy shud be damn obvious, imagine what the society Wud degrade to if man was told that religion as a whole has bin a lie all along, that we came truly from genetic manipulation by a race far superior in intellectual than we Wud ever be. CONTROL. Is the real reason why we r bin left out the big picture,

I don't believe this, you mean we were created by Alliens? And all other living things including plants, trees etc? This idea is just too vague to be conceivable.

@the boldened, even if the sighting of the Aliens was true as you claim, did they tell the Astronauts (buzz Aldrin & Armstrong) that they were the ones that created humans? where did you get your idea of genetic manipulation by a superior race from?

majour:

research the UFO sighted by the Japanese airline, which was documented by NASA, CIA and Japanese military, the theory was that it was as big as two US carrier. The truth is out there bro, but it is called fake and unreal cus the implications out weighs the benefits or at least for now.the ruseswell crash did happen and area 51 is real.

Bro, i have made my research, there are lots of conspiracy theories/videos on YouTube most of them are fake/hoax. They will never show a video record of the craft or whatever the UFO looks like. All they will show are still images which have been photoshopped.
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by romeoetin(m): 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
Cutehector:
well, the difference between one who knows and the other who doesn't know is information.

[s]How many nigerians do u see that's willing to study aeronautics, space physics and all of that. [/s]

We all want to study law, mass comm, business admin, electrical electronics and all of daht.
[

We are not exposed to first hand technology. Our politicians are sending their kids to foreign universities, instead of affiliating our home universities with these foreign universities.

It is well

A lot do. But the opportunity to do so isn't available presently in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by romeoetin(m): 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:
19. The furthest man-made object is Voyager 1.

In 1977, Voyager 1 and 2 were launched. Their primary mission was to visit Jupiter and Saturn. Voyager 2 continued onto Uranus and Neptune; Voyager 1 has now made its way into interstellar space. Voyager 1 is further away from Earth than the distance between the Sun and Pluto. Both craft carry a golden record on board, which will act like a time-capsule of Earth. It has greetings from Earth as well as different kinds of music. It also has noises of rocket engines, the sea, people talking, animal’s sounds and lots of images. All of which sum up the Earth. United States President Jimmy Carter said at the time “This record represents our hope and our determination, and our good will in a vast and awesome universe.” These messages have been recorded as electronic impulses which can be translated into written words. If any aliens find it then can enjoy some Louis Armstrong as well some Peruvian panpipes.
didn't the Voyager 1 return?
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by majour(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
Dejideji1:

I don't believe this, you mean we were created by Alliens? And all other living things including plants, trees etc? This idea is just too vague to be conceivable.

@the boldened, even if the sighting of the Aliens was true as you claim, did they tell the Astronauts (buzz Aldrin & Armstrong) that they were the ones that created humans? where did you get your idea of genetic manipulation by a superior race from?

Bro, i have made my research, there are lots of conspiracy theories/videos on YouTube most of them are fake/hoax. They will never show a video record of the craft or whatever the UFO looks like. All they will show are still images which have been photoshopped.
Lols, how deep are u in research sir, read the book of Enoch and see conflicting concept of religion, so what isnt more fantastic that a God created us and then man created religion, belief and fate grin anyways research on the hessenberg phenomenon and see how much of a wonder this other life theory is. Don't know if I got the spelling ryt tho, Wud get back to u

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
osymerga:

Heard it too. NASA cannot tell me is money that restricted them from going back. And they can't tell me they stopped going back because people interest waned. Since when do people interest determine their actions ? What if the missions is for the greater good of mankind, is it the people ignorant interest that will determine what they should do ?
There is something they are not telling us,simple.
Please, what exactly will NASA go looking for on the moon again?

They've gone six times already nah. what else are they going to do again? the moon is not Dubai pls.

2 Likes

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Beamborla(f): 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers, are you crazyscientist?
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by musicwriter(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:
8. A year on Venus is shorter than its day.

Venus is the slowest rotating planet in our Solar System, so slow it takes longer to fully rotate than it does to complete its orbit. This means Venus has days that last longer than its years. It’s also home to one of the most inhospitable environments imaginable, with constant electronic storms, high CO2 readings, and it’s shrouded by clouds of sulfuric acid.

A year in this context only makes sense from earthian's point of view. If there were humans in venus, their year would be day instead, while a year a day.
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Breadmaker: 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
Billyonaire:
You do not have to die to experience other planets and universes via Soul Travel. You cab do it consciously via meditative exercises and sometimes through drugs or herbs.

Soul is photonic and photon is light and as light you travel ar speed within seconds you could be in the next universe. In a few minutes you can download decades of experiences from distant planets while lying on your sofa for just a few minutes.

String Theory and Quantum physics will soon enough connect all facts on this field soon enough and it will be main stream.

Have I experienced Soul Travel, Yes. The experience can not be traded.
Sounds like wizard things
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by jstmee: 10:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
Dejideji1:

Did you just say no one has ever gone to the moon? What happened to the live broadcast in 1969 that was viewed my millions of people? And what about several photo evidences? Even if you weren't born then, the recorded video is there for you to watch.
It was all staged and recorded in a poor quality, If you watch the video you will see that their motion was a clear indication that they are on earths gravity. Another reason is that when they mounted the american flag breeze was blowing it which is impossible to achieve that on an atmosphereless ground.

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
Breadmaker:
Sounds like wizard things
Well, if it is wizardry then it means wizardry is applied science after all.
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
Billyonaire:
Well, if it is wizardry then it means wizardry is applied science after all.
Haha Billyonaire, where have you been? The last time I came across any of your posts was probably ten years ago or so grin
Where the _fuck have you been hiding man?

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Dejideji1(m): 11:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
jstmee:
It was all staged and recorded in a poor quality, If you watch the video you will see that their motion was a clear indication that they are on earths gravity. Another reason is that when they mounted the american flag breeze was blowing it which is impossible to achieve that on an atmosphereless ground.

Na wa for you ooo, it seems you are the only one believing they faked it. Continue in your delusion

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Guard Your Certificates Well, We’ll Not Issue Twice- WAEC / Top Reasons While IMT Students Love The School / Waec 2017/2018 Result Released (check Here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.