Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. (20507 Views)

Teacher Uses Extraordinary Chalkboard Drawing Skills To Teach Students Anatomy / Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? / These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 3:39am On Jul 14, 2016
Electronzeez:

Please do you know why these rings are visible ?? And why other planetary bodies aren't visible .

Dont know much about that, but the ring consist of countless small particles, ranging in size from micrometres to metres, that orbit about Saturn. The particles are mostly water ice and rocky materials.

This is a close up image of the ring.

http://pics-about-space.com/saturn-s-rings-up-close?p=2

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 4:03am On Jul 14, 2016
60. Longest stay in space.

Valeri Vladimirovich Polyakov is the holder of the record for the longest single spaceflight in human history, staying aboard the Mirspace station for more than 14 months (437 days and18 hours) during one trip. His combined space experience is more than 22 months.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valeri_Polyakov?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5816687823

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 4:05am On Jul 14, 2016
Of the 439 astronauts that entered space up to the end of November 2004, 11 have died in training incidents and 18 have died in in-flight accidents. Of those 18, only the crew of Soyuz 11 in 1971 actually died in space. The USA sets the space-boundary at 50 miles high while the FAI defines space as starting at a height of 100 km. Challenger's last flight in 1986 never reached this height. Columbia broke apart on re-entry.The crew of Soyuz 11, Georgi Dobrovolski, Viktor Patsayev and Vladislav Volkov, were killed after undocking from space station Salyut 1 after a three-week stay. A valve on their spacecraft had accidentally opened when the service module separated, which was only discovered when the module was opened by the recovery team. Technically the only fatalities in space (above 100 km).

http://www.oddee.com/item_96973.aspx

1 Share

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Jedixraja(m): 8:09am On Jul 14, 2016
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by shurlar50(m): 9:24pm On Jul 14, 2016
[quote author=Explorers post=47519118]60. Longest stay in space.

Valeri Vladimirovich Polyakov is the holder of the record for the longest single spaceflight in human history, staying aboard the Mirspace station for more than 14 months (437 days and18 hours) during one trip. His combined space experience is more than 22 months.

14months! What was he eating for that long period?
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 6:06am On Jul 15, 2016
[quote author=shurlar50 post=47546817][/quote]

Food, just that they have to tape the meal on a tray to avoid float. Sometimes they sip.

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 6:19am On Jul 15, 2016
When astronauts get back to earth, they break objects. They let go of things thinking they will float, like they're still in space.

They can't shed tears and they can't spit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by shurlar50(m): 7:03am On Jul 15, 2016
Explorers:

Food, just that they have to tape the meal on a tray to avoid float. Sometimes they sip.
I see
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by tk4rd: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2016
Explorers:
When astronauts get back to earth, they break objects. They let go of things thinking they will float, like they're still in space.

They can't shed tears and they can't spit.
I would like to be in space, so that I can feel this weightlessness stuff for real.
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
tk4rd:
I would like to be in space, so that I can feel this weightlessness stuff for real.

That will be perfect bro.
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Rich4god(m): 1:00am On Jul 22, 2016
Explorers:

That will be perfect bro.
How do they drink or eat.... does it not float in their trachea.?
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 11:51am On Jul 22, 2016
Rich4god:
How do they drink or eat.... does it not float in their trachea.?

They sip drinks.
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by phranq(m): 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
Disneylady:

Guys and Alcohol undecided

my dear...it helps...a trial will convince u
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Pavarottii(m): 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
oglalasioux:

I was thinking you'll rather believe the genesis version of creation. It's science that brought these facts and the same science says the earth is 4.6 billion years old. According to your bible, the earth is 6020 years old. So I'll rather you rebuke and reject these scientific findings so as to align with the holy book.
From ur posts, u believe there is higher being which we can call God, but u don't believe in d bible. If the bible says the earth is 6020years old and said God created Adam. That means if u don't believe d bible. That means u don't believe the Adam story. So I want to ask, who created man and how? If u don't believe the the Christian religion?
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 5:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
Planets size comparison.

2 Likes

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Cutehector(m): 9:06am On Jul 25, 2016
Explorers:
Planets size comparison.

My warm Greetings to you bro, I trust ur weekend went well smiley.

Just as I promised to remind you earlier on, the Mr Nairaland voting will commence today by 9am.

I want to appreciate you once again for agreeing to vote falconey. Thanks so much bro.
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
Pluto.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
Olympus.

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by ElDaIllest(m): 9:11am On Aug 09, 2016
Billyonaire:
You do not have to die to experience other planets and universes via Soul Travel. You cab do it consciously via meditative exercises and sometimes through drugs or herbs.

Soul is photonic and photon is light and as light you travel ar speed within seconds you could be in the next universe. In a few minutes you can download decades of experiences from distant planets while lying on your sofa for just a few minutes.

String Theory and Quantum physics will soon enough connect all facts on this field soon enough and it will be main stream.

Have I experienced Soul Travel, Yes. The experience can not be traded.
please Sir your views about after life are related to cosmology but can't say for sure, please I want to know more about it because it seems to have a lot to offer
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 5:17am On Aug 12, 2016
The universe.

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by magabounce(m): 5:47am On Aug 12, 2016
Just 1 word!!! Good morning explorers

2 Likes

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2016
magabounce:
Just 1 word!!! Good morning explorers

Good morning bro, how you doing sir?
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by yinkarh187(m): 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
majour:
Try doing a research into it, I think a lot of truth has bin suppressed mostly by the big heads, alien sightings, truth abt the marshian moon and the threat that lies out there that we don't know abt, when the sanction was placed on Russia then, putin threatened the world economy especially united state that it Wud reveal the truth abt the alien coverup, so many things bro, just do ur research on them, interesting dey r, goes deeper to the reason why the mainstream media Wud never report anything abt UFO sightings and all, wish I cud share my clips with u, I love ur sense of explore
can u share it with me. Yinkarhy@gmail.com
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 5:19am On Oct 03, 2016
An object the size of Mars collided with the Earth 4.5 billion years ago.

Releasesing the energy of several million nuclear weapons detonating simultaneously.

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by jmichlins(m): 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2016
Explorers:
An object the size of Mars collided with the Earth 4.5 billion years ago.

Releasesing the energy of several million nuclear weapons detonating simultaneously.
was this when the bigbang happened
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by piousMind(m): 1:31am On Oct 04, 2016
Cutehector:
what of the star that led the three wise men to where Jesus was born..

grin

Not that its important...but for clarity purpose

Actually the Bible did not state the number of wise men, it only stated WISE MEN FROM THE EAST.

Check Matthew 2:1 and thank me later

Shalom
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by DEIFIED(m): 9:58am On Oct 05, 2016
The world is just so large, that its almost beyond human reasoning, and some person dont believe there is a divine creator. With all the wonders man has being able to study about our universe and all the wonderful structure of our universe, it really shows there is an intelligent being who designed them all.
The only reason man has been able to acquire so much knowledge about our universe through science its because we were made in his likeness, he gave us the mind to think like him. God is great.

2 Likes

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by phranq(m): 9:59am On Oct 10, 2016
Cutehector:
well, the difference between one who knows and the other who doesn't know is information.

How many nigerians do u see that's willing to study aeronautics, space physics and all of that.

We all want to study law, mass comm, business admin, electrical electronics and all of daht.

We are not exposed to first hand technology. Our politicians are sending their kids to foreign universities, instead of affiliating our home universities with these foreign universities.

It is well

how do u expect a normal Nigeria to study such courses?? wen our education system mk such courses look so tough n unattainable!!! u can still prove me wrong bro
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by stanleyalpacino(m): 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
Explorers you are doing a great job. Please share more facts .. I enjoyed every bit of the thread and I'd love to read more views . #fascinating indeed. shocked
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
stanleyalpacino:
Explorers you are doing a great job. Please share more facts .. I enjoyed every bit of the thread and I'd love to read more views . #fascinating indeed. shocked

k..... Thanks bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

ASUU: 'Strike Still Continues, Till We Meet Our Members' / MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG / Coronavirus: Enugu Govt Directs Closure Of Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.