Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly (10322 Views)

Amaechi At National Assembly For Budget Defence Today - Photos / Photo Of Obasanjo And His Classmate At National Open University / Governors At National Economic Council Meeting Today In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by mccloud224(m): 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2009
Nice statement and you have a good point.
However, let him at least try.
We often lose out on something, all cos we never tried.
The only thing you will never have a chance is something that you never tried.
We still have so die hard core lawyer in Nigeria that will be willing to take up his case on the mind that they will win.

@Fhemmmy

That's true but dedicated lawyers are hard to find.Speaking from experience, i've been through a dozen lawyers in the last 10 years and all they are interested in is your pockets.In fact, they don't care about you winning the case.They would rather "extend" the case so you keep on dropping money for them from time to time.They know that once the case is over, the golden goose leaves so they deliberately delay things.I have a good number of frustrating cases in court even as we speak (property mostly) so i know what i'm talking about.I've tried all the sorts (young lawyers, older seasoned lawyers, bla bla bla, they are all the same).This na 9ja.The only time a lawyer will take your case seriously is if you have a case concerning 50 acres of land (with one plot worth N10 million naira) and you are willing to give him three plots .Anything but this, your case will be in court till thy kingdom come.I'm talking from experience.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by yeswecan(m): 6:26am On Sep 12, 2009
The National assembly member should be tried for assult
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by PastorOla1: 8:49am On Sep 12, 2009
IT WILL TAKA AN IGWE TO SLAP A SECURITY MAN. MAY GOD HELP US AND DELIVER US FROM THE HAND OF DISHONOURABLE SO CALLED THE HONOURABLE MEN.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by j4steady: 11:06am On Sep 12, 2009
I read all the comments here and wonder why you all forgot the fact that this guy is from PDP(People Destroy People) and also he stole ballot boxes with the aid of millitants now wey millitants don drop arms im body dey peper am too much.
   I no like to dey curse person i for say "Thunder go fire am and any body wey support am for that act,na slap im slap person,na gun dem go shoot am,may all his daughters(if he has any) be raped by mad men,as from this day on-ward may his eye sight start to fail him such that he would not see far distance when somebody dey touch im wife for public."

But since i no like to curse I would say may God purnish for this action!!!  grin
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 4:18pm On Sep 12, 2009
this case is not going away any time soon if this story on today's observer newspaper
is anything to go by:

[b]Assault on security officer: Reps to probe Hon Chinyere Igwe
By KASSIM OMOMIA

ABUJA - The Speaker of the House of Representatives Dimeji Bankole yesterday referred a case of assault levelled against Honourable Chiyere Igwe (PDP) Rivers State to the Committee on Ethics and Privileges for investigation.

Hon. Igwe (Wednesday) slapped a security officer, Mr. Chinyelo Nwulu attached to the Sergeant –At- Arms of the National Assembly at the entrance gate one of the White complex of the National Assembly.

As a routine, Nwulu had demanded the member’s identity before his entry into the complex ,following which he was slapped.

Igwe’s action caused a scene which obstructed official activities before the intervention of the Sergent -At- Arms, Colonel Okere (rtd) as other security officers wanted to ‘discipline’ the lawmaker for what they termed an uncouched” behaviour exhibited by a paliamentarian of such standing.

Colonel Okere who did not take lightly to the alleged unruly behaviour against his officer petitioned the Office of the Speaker.

By Thursday, sources close to the Speaker’s Office, revealed to this paper that a proper investigation into the matter has been endorsed by Speaker, Hon. Dimeji Bankole

Igwe will face the Committee on Ethics and Privileges who will probe his actions against the security officer,

‘The Speaker has minuted (endorsed) on the Sergent- At –Arms’ petition to the Ethics and Privileges Committee for proper investigation and action’, the source confirmed, adding that ‘the content of the petition which gave a graphic description of the scene had embarrassed the Speaker and the entire House of Representatives’.

‘The Speaker had no option than to refer it to the appropriate committee for action at least for equity and fair play to both parties”, it was further learnt.

According to the source, the member may have to face the Disciplinary Committee when the House formally resumes at the end of September, 2009.[/b]
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by esonuu(m): 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2009
na wa ooo just because he is in power, is that the reason why he got to behave in that way? so asking someone to identify his or herself is now an embarrssement
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2009
the guy is plain power drunk. but i'm happy that the security man is not taking things lying low.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by felofelo: 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2009
angry
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2009
***peeps and shakes his head*** grin
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by udezue(m): 4:44pm On Sep 13, 2009
Igwe must really think he is a real "Igwe" LOL
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2009
a fake igwe, i must say.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nezan(m): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2009
politicians and ego lipsrsealed
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2009
that ego will cost him much going by the new twist in the case.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by nnaemmy(m): 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2009
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed DEMOCRACY tongue tongue tongue
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by becomrich15: 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2009
There are very few nigerian who never did this menial jobs aboard. very few at least 70% of nigerian above have once done it before. It is the easy and onlyway to get start. We would be telling you a lie, I would lie, if I say , we never did it. most nigerian abroad did. if we say we have not done it, because we are in a different country and you are starting from nothing. you look for the easy and fast way to take care of yourself and family.

And this igbo man security is only trying to take care of himself and family and i do not think it is  right for him to be humilate. You even find white people with  university graduate doing security abroad.  Most nigerian normally have two jobs abroad, and some time it is security, which they can do during the weekend. they came to make dollar now $1500 to 2000. which they can not get in nigeria.

The bible do not look down on the days of little beginning, we all have little beginning, I did too, like most people abroad. To humilate him for not been a thief like govt officers who rob nigeria, while even if the EFCC do a search on the rep members, he must have commited fraud before.

The security man is an honourable man.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2009
very sad indeed!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nigerd(m): 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2009
i believe justice will prevail in the extra, oversight function of this house member
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2009
well, i hope it does. that rep must be made to pay for this aggression.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Fhemmmy: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2009
mccloud224:

@Fhemmmy

That's true but dedicated lawyers are hard to find.Speaking from experience, i've been through a dozen lawyers in the last 10 years and all they are interested in is your pockets.In fact, they don't care about you winning the case.They would rather "extend" the case so you keep on dropping money for them from time to time.They know that once the case is over, the golden goose leaves so they deliberately delay things.I have a good number of frustrating cases in court even as we speak (property mostly) so i know what i'm talking about.I've tried all the sorts (young lawyers, older seasoned lawyers, bla bla bla, they are all the same).This na 9ja.The only time a lawyer will take your case seriously is if you have a case concerning 50 acres of land (with one plot worth N10 million naira) and you are willing to give him three plots .Anything but this, your case will be in court till thy kingdom come.I'm talking from experience.

I am so sorry that you have been true few and all that.
But like i said, the case has gained limelight and all the dude needs to do is at least try.
The only thing you never know is what you never try.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2009
yes, he should try. we still have a few good lawyers around even though gani is gone angry
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by kalmebad(f): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2009
Emmanuel Chinyere Igwe is a disgrace to his staus, there is nothing Honourable about him

Shows what a g8 bully he is, such a man can even slap a wife also at any slimmest reason.

Must the security man pick the faces of all d Dishourable members?

And whats the big deal, flashing his ID and making his pass

But alas!!! the way out is a slap

One day a toothless bulldg will be forced to bark/bite.

Let Hell be his second home
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2009
that man belongs in jail! angry
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by fegflu: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
beast of no nation,
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by fegflu: 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2009
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by FBS: 7:18am On Sep 16, 2009
fegflu:

beast of no nation,
egbe ke gbe. wink

The rep is a donkey. he should be flogged.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 4:17pm On Sep 16, 2009
that security man will become a millionaire by the time this case is over! grin
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by gbagyiza: 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2009
He feels he has money and power.God will judge us some day.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2009
that is why the court will slam damages on him for slapping the security man. at least by the time they fine him 10million naira he will forfeit his one month army robber salary to the security man who in turn will gladly collect it and vamoose. he will never need to be a security man again after this case is done with! grin
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Kingjon(m): 2:47am On Sep 18, 2009
[b][/b]
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Kingjon(m): 3:04am On Sep 18, 2009
The security man made a mistake, though. He should have TURN THE OTHER CHEEK,
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by OneTouch1(m): 4:13am On Sep 18, 2009
lol,   grin The security man had no chance against the senator or don't you know that these lawmakers are now trained Boxers  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 18, 2009
forget that o jare. he will certainly have a chance against him in court.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos State Governorship Debate On Channels / World Bank Removes Nigeria From Aids’ List / "President Buhari Not Opposed To Restructuring" - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.