Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly (10323 Views)

Amaechi At National Assembly For Budget Defence Today - Photos / Photo Of Obasanjo And His Classmate At National Open University / Governors At National Economic Council Meeting Today In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by naijatoday: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2009
BlueDiva:

The lawmaker was wrong, no doubt.

However, do we know if the lawmaker was insulted or harassed?
A sane man won't slap another for politely asking for id. Think about it.

Read the Punch Newspaper. Another rep who witnessed the whole thing said the House of Rep. member overreacted
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by greateliso(m): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
Nigeria is lacking one thing, which is "Leader" and not just leaders but a good leader.

The lawmaker was wrong, no doubt.

However, do we know if the lawmaker was insulted or harassed?
A sane man won't slap another for politely asking for id. Think about it.

true talk
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by bencash: 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2009
THEY WERE BOTH WRONG, ITS THE DUTY OF THE SECURITY MAN TO KNOW  PPL WHO ARE IN HOUSE MEMBERS, AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO RECOGNIZE THEM EVEN WITH THERE NAME, I MEAN WHATS THE WORK OF A SECURITY MAN WHEN HE CANT RECOGNIZE WHO GOES IN ANY OUT OF A PREMISES ON A DAILY BASIS, PUT IT THIS WAY, U WANT TO GAIN ENTRANCE INTO UR OWN OFFICE  AND THE SECURITY IS ASKING U FOR IDENTIFICATION, WONT THAT SOUND STUPID AND EMBARRASSING TO YOU,

ON THE OTHER HAND, THE  NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBER WAS VERY AND ABSOLUTELY WRONG FOR SLAPPING HIM, THATS JUST A SICK ATTITUDE TO HAVE SHOWN IN PUBLIC.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by theviper1: 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
simple solution. the fg should install face-reading and face-recognizing chips in all security men operating on govt buildings to avoid a repeat of this as some of us thinks that security men are super human and should be able to know the faces of everyone even if he is having a bad day personally.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by rafcrown(m): 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2009
The security man in the Senate has done nothing seriously wrong to me
This is not to say that security men behave well and show respect
A security man may not be well sure and legally allow to ask for further clarifications
He cannot allow just anybody in ,he must be perfectly sure
At times we all make mistakes,but a sensible person must know how to react.
Is it an offence to ask him to identify himself
If i were the Senator,I would tell him to look at my face well and have it your memory or else
Is it a requirement that politicians must have a black belt or diploma in boxing or slapping as a prerequisite for politics?
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by naijaway(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2009
One fact is a majority of nigerians are arrogant and sometimes very arrogant which make it difficult to know who's fault it is here cuz the security guard must have pushed back hard or said some stupid words or then again the senator might have just tried to say excuse me excuse me way n get in but wasn't recognized. The one point is this, communication was lacking and nigeria as backward as ever in everything from personality to mentality to actuality was not lacking in this case. Why couldn't there be layers and barriers of security post without a shouting match? Our basic thinking is too slow and sometimes timid. Security layers does not involve government intervention, yes there should be fingerprint identification, eye identification or watever identification but the security don't need shouting at the gate of any event or place everytime. It is suppose to be the norm to stand in line regardless of who you are and if you are truly a senator go to a certain line maybe more shielded but with watever identification measures the security has implemented to identify such people.
We all have to change our ways as individuals or else all things will be in vain. To me ego, caused the rep. to explode the way he did even when it could have been handled nicely but a place of too many egos and rampant disrespect on many levels what do you expect. Half of nigeria's problem are not problems of lack of God's intervention but are problems that we can solve but choose to remain ignorant about. eg national human rights; laws on discrimination against tribes, deficiencies, less priviledged; unnecessary powers to lazy people like chiefs, obas, ezes, igwe, etc.
Until we begin to for the most part see that anyone in Nigeria regardless of current condition is capable of being great and is protected by certain laws then our collective innovation for general betterment of the people can be a common goal. If not, many and worse situations like this and more than this will live past this century. hmm,
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by lawrence83: 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2009
Am loving this country every goddamn minutes of the day, if ii is not kidnapping, it is boko haram, or giving out loans, even slapping in the house, showing off power

now is ikwerre man's turn to show power, keep on the good works

Nigeria! jst wait for me, am on my way.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by udezue(m): 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2009
[[b]quote author=naijaway link=topic=321651.msg4519404#msg4519404 date=1252601739]
 One fact is a majority of nigerians are arrogant and sometimes very arrogant which make it difficult to know who's fault it is here cuz the security guard must have pushed back hard or said some stupid words or then again the senator might have just tried to say excuse me excuse me way n get in but wasn't recognized. The one point is this, communication was lacking and nigeria as backward as ever in everything from personality to mentality to actuality was not lacking in this case. Why couldn't there be layers and barriers of security post without a shouting match? Our basic thinking is too slow and sometimes timid. Security layers does not involve government intervention, yes there should be fingerprint identification, eye identification or watever identification but the security don't need shouting at the gate of any event or place everytime. It is suppose to be the norm to stand in line regardless of who you are and if you are truly a senator go to a certain line maybe more shielded but with watever identification measures the security has implemented to identify such people.  
   We all have to change our ways as individuals or else all things will be in vain. To me ego, caused the rep. to explode the way he did even when it could have been handled nicely but a place of too many egos and rampant disrespect on many levels what do you expect. Half of nigeria's problem are not problems of lack of God's intervention but are problems that we can solve but choose to remain ignorant about. eg national human rights; laws on discrimination against tribes, deficiencies, less priviledged; unnecessary powers to lazy people like chiefs, obas, ezes, igwe, etc.  
Until we begin to  for the most part see that anyone in Nigeria regardless of current condition is capable of being great and is protected by certain laws then our collective innovation for general betterment of the people can be a common goal. If not, many and worse situations like this and more than this will live past this century. hmm,
[quote][/quote][/b]

GOOD.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by cmscritic: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
That's ridiculous. Should have decked him back.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Fhemmmy: 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
The security man should sue his a$$, cos he was only doing his job.
The security personnel has the right to ask Yar'Adua for his ID, if he chose to.
Nonsense, typical thugs as a Rep.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by bandely(m): 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
Fhemmmy:

The security man should sue his a$$, cos he was only doing his job.
The security personnel has the right to ask Yar'Adua for his ID, if he chose to.
Nonsense, typical thugs as a Rep.
Seconded
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Fhemmmy: 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2009
cmscritic:

That's ridiculous. Should have decked him back.

that will make the security man to bring himself low to the level of a thug like the dude.
So all he needs to do now is sue him for every kobo, and with good lawyer, he will surely win, and he can now use that money to run for office against him, and probably win tongue
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by iammodel(m): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
na wah o. all these ikwere guys wey dere eyes dey red.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2009
The security men in d national assembly are well trained and polite. They are professionals to the core. Visitors staff and members are required to have a tag and once you have your tag or ID card you have free entrance. If you dont know where you are going they go an extra mile to direct you. However if you have no business there they politely turn you back. The member was out of line. He should obey the law since more security measures were put in place 4 their protection after d mend threat
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by udezue(m): 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2009
This has nothing to do with Ikwerre-Igbos. Reps all over that shit hole act like idiots.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by olugbon01(m): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2009
God go save us from these LAW-BREAKERS wey we dey call demselves LAWMAKERS.  embarassed  embarassed  embarassed I pity d guy sha. Only if Gani Fawehinmi still dey, but God knows best!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by burteeone(m): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2009
He forgot, he slapped d person's to secured his life, danger,
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by sley4life(m): 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
good grin
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by canuck(m): 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
The Rep's problem is NOT anger management, pride or lack of education, it is stinginess!

The yeye Rep no dey "roger". Everybody know say if you dey "tip" naija security man well-well, the face-recognition brain cells wey dey him head will be over-active!!! In fact, e go fit push im mama for gutter make you pass  grin

Oya, Gani Fawehinmi Festus Keyamo, over to you - SUE him!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by GeorgeD1(m): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2009
imagine! he slapped a security man for doing his job-which is providing security.
you can see how crudely our lawmakers reason, saying 'he supposed to know me'.
as if the security man has a computer in his head with face recognition capabilities.
funny, this is the same man that will be quick to ask that the security man be sacked
if he allowed a thug or tout into the chambers without checking his id. afterall, he
suppose to know say the thug na brother to the mike tyson lawmaker! grin
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2009
did he fight with his wife or girlfriend before leaving home?

Wearing slippers should have been an indication he was in a bad mood.

did he really wear slippers?
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Fhemmmy: 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2009
tpia.:

did he fight with his wife or girlfriend before leaving home?

Wearing slippers should have been an indication he was in a bad mood.

did he really wear slippers?

And who cares what happens to him before leaving his house, part of being a good leader is being able to carry out your duty under different conditions/situations
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by becomrich15: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2009
The senator is going to be charge with assault. And normally would loss his position over here. And this is what should take place in Nigeria.

And the senator would be shock . How many members of the senate and rep who use to live abroad and they did  menial work. I know at least 3 present members who did.    And this is one of the reason africa nation are very aggressive towards the west because of the ways they treat thier citizen abroad. Most go back and do well. And the same people you have maltreated abroad would be the same people who determine foreign relation with your countries in term of trade and others. And it would always be payback times. Gani fawehinmi is an example. Noone can wipe away your memory.

This man memory would never forgive the hurt done against him.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by wakagirl: 7:41pm On Sep 10, 2009
Senator abi House of Rep member?

aisha2:

The security men in d national assembly are well trained and polite. They are professionals to the core. Visitors staff and members are required to have a tag and once you have your tag or ID card you have free entrance. If you dont know where you are going they go an extra mile to direct you. However if you have no business there they politely turn you back. The member was out of line. He should obey the law since more security measures were put in place 4 their protection after d mend threat

U are right!

bencash:

THEY WERE BOTH WRONG, ITS THE DUTY OF THE SECURITY MAN TO KNOW  PPL WHO ARE IN HOUSE MEMBERS, AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO RECOGNIZE THEM EVEN WITH THERE NAME,

Bullshit! Have u been there? Do you know how many they are? Rubbish!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by akigbemaru: 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2009
Oliseh Agbakoba must chop for this one. Lawmaker turns to lawbroker (:
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Fhemmmy: 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2009
bencash:

[size=18pt]THEY WERE BOTH WRONG, ITS THE DUTY OF THE SECURITY MAN TO KNOW  PPL WHO ARE IN HOUSE MEMBERS, AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO RECOGNIZE THEM EVEN WITH THERE NAME,  I MEAN WHATS THE WORK OF A SECURITY MAN WHEN HE CANT RECOGNIZE WHO GOES IN ANY OUT OF A PREMISES ON A DAILY BASIS[/size],  PUT IT THIS WAY, U WANT TO GAIN ENTRANCE INTO your OWN OFFICE  AND THE SECURITY IS ASKING U FOR IDENTIFICATION,  WONT THAT SOUND STUPID AND EMBARRASSING TO YOU,

ON THE OTHER HAND, THE  NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBER WAS VERY AND ABSOLUTELY WRONG FOR SLAPPING HIM,  THATS JUST A SICK ATTITUDE TO HAVE SHOWN IN PUBLIC.

i will make sure that people like you never head the security in my house or office.
regardless of who you are, you still want the security officer to do their job, which is to make sure who is coming in and out are who they said they are.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by wakagirl: 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2009
George_D:

imagine! he slapped a security man for doing his job-which is providing security.

Can you imagine that! The idiot was supposed to praise the guy for doing his job very well. I entered their yeye board room or what do they call it and one of the lawmakers was annoyed i was allowed in because i am not a member now see what one of them did to a guy doing a good job.

If it was one (adamodi) fake oyinbo that asked him that he would humbly bow and identify himself.

And how was the guy supposed to distinguish between them and thugs when they look alike. When u see some of them you cant help asking yourself if they are our lawmakers. Yeye ppl
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by sley4life(m): 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
this is 9ja for u. This is how our parents disgrace us in public
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by PAININASS: 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2009
An animal in the National assemble!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 10, 2009
@topic

Time for lawyers to chop.

On the other hand, how many nigerians are different from the "sick" congressman?
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by PAININASS: 8:05pm On Sep 10, 2009
On the other hand the Security was very wrong,he suppose to know everybody in the house and beside its a GREAT DISGRACE TO ASK A REP TO IDENTIFY HIM/HER SELF, atleast it wasn't his first day in office.HE DESERVE A DIRTYYYYYYYYYYYY SLAP, YES!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2009
PAININASS:

On the other hand the Security was very wrong,he suppose to know everybody in the house and beside its a GREAT DISGRACE TO ASK A REP TO IDENTIFY HIM/HER SELF, atleast it wasn't his first day in office.HE DESERVE A DIRTYYYYYYYYYYYY SLAP, YES!

Jackass!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC / The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? / Osinbajo: Why We Need To Rethink How SMEs Are Regulated All Over The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.