Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,026 members, 7,810,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Am Looking For My Father - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Looking For My Father (12332 Views)

'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' / I'm Ready To Get Married But My Father Wants Me To Build First / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Looking For My Father by turawafett(f): 11:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
Search facebook
Re: Am Looking For My Father by andyanders: 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
Your pix not there and your father's [ix not posted too. Since you have nothing about him to post as pix, post your own maybe he will get to recognize you and get across to you.

1 Like

Re: Am Looking For My Father by Utchgirl(f): 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
Sonofpius....i knw wht u r passing tru. Sorry 4 ur predicament.

Is it possible 4 u 2 check d Bumadi towns. I mean both in Delta and Bayelsa. Ask questions and see if u can see anybody dt knws dis towns.Take d direction 4rm such person and giv it a trial.Ask questions if u reach. Give ur dad's name as Pius uguni and tel dem u r nt sure of d surname .

U neva can tel,Luck might be on ur side . I wish u d best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Looking For My Father by semasir: 11:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
Different people, different tales... That's what life has to offer. Better luck bro
Re: Am Looking For My Father by emajoe: 11:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
allanphash7:
Are you lucky dube

If not then go amd listen to one of Lucky dube's track REMEMBER ME

Good luck

Bros, I love your sharp thinking that suits our searching friend.
Hope he finds the father though only the first stanza will be applicable to the lad.

DUBE's lyrics are like:

Chorus:
Daddy wherever you are,
Remember me;
And what ever you do,
I Love You.
Daddy wherever you are,
Remember me;
And what ever you do,
I Love You.

Daddy you went to the city, many years ago,
You promise to come back and take care of me,
Many years have gone by now,
Still no trace of you, daddy yea,

Chorus:

Mother had heart attack, many years ago,
When she heard that you were married again,
I was the only one left in the family,
And the woman you married to, was not good enough!

Chorus: till fades

WISH YOU GET LUCKY BOY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Looking For My Father by missyadorable(f): 12:05am On Jul 11, 2016
Hey boy,your "daddy" has moved on
Definitely has another family with kids elsewhere

You should make a name for yourself,let him come looking for you instead of going upandan looking for somebody who doesn't even give a F... about you.

Make money! And you won't need a father again!!hat's the answer!!

3 Likes

Re: Am Looking For My Father by StepTwo: 12:06am On Jul 11, 2016
sonofpius:

No picture..like I said, ma mum was married to someone else b4 I even knew my right from my left

my Bro, i feel for you greatly, am sorry about what you have been passing through.

i will advice you visit the two Bumadi towns with the information you've got. if no help then maybe you should contact the Customs divisional headquatres if there's any in the south south or south eastern regions where he has worked or the Abuja office.

i wish i could help out from the Headquatres in Abuja, but for security reasons i will not get anything from them. goodluck bro. God be with you.

1 Like

Re: Am Looking For My Father by StepTwo: 12:09am On Jul 11, 2016
missyadorable:

You should make a name for yourself,let him come looking for you instead of going upandan looking for somebody who doesn't even give a F... about you.

you could be wrong about his dad you know, there are many reasons possible the man, it appears the man hasnt come.

dont discourage him.
Re: Am Looking For My Father by baby124: 12:16am On Jul 11, 2016
How will your aunts and grandmum have no idea who your father is. This is a mess your mother should have tidied up because no one knows tomorrow. Especially because you were born out of wedlock. She should also have given your your father's surname and not his first name as surname. This would have made your claim a bit more viable just in case he is no longer alive.
I will advise you to visit the NPA headquarters in Abuja and trace him from there. They should have up to date records of employee transfers and promotions. It is disgusting that up until now a country like Nigeria does not have computerized records of employees. And we are supposed to believe ghost worker issue has been eliminated.
Please whatever information you are given, be cautious and don't visit any house or town alone. Meet people in public places and be very careful. Also keep in mind that he may no longer be alive, and if his family is alive they may not accept you. Don't take anything too personally on this journey you are attempting to make. Just be very careful.

Despite not knowing your father, you can live a good and full life. Have a family of your own, and decide to be a good father and be present in the lives of your kids. I wish you the very best.

4 Likes

Re: Am Looking For My Father by ikp120(m): 12:36am On Jul 11, 2016
What of your birth certificate?
Re: Am Looking For My Father by makeupgal: 12:39am On Jul 11, 2016
op are you ijaw? good to know u have something to work with. if u have d resources go to both bumadi (bomadi as I know it in delta state) u can visit the traditional head of these places and tell them your story. if they have any info, they will let u know. it is well
Re: Am Looking For My Father by player007(m): 12:56am On Jul 11, 2016
Do you have any picture of him? that would go a long way in helping you find him.
Re: Am Looking For My Father by zeenab(f): 12:59am On Jul 11, 2016
I admire your courage and at the same time feel your pain. But bro pictures need to be involve to ease your search. Since no pics of your dad. Attach some pics of you when you were 7years and below and some pics of your mom too, may be your dad might just see them and recognise you. May God help you in your search for daddy

3 Likes

Re: Am Looking For My Father by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:14am On Jul 11, 2016
sonofpius:

Thanks....I was once in glory Fm yenagoa because of this... fortunately they where doing a program called contact point...so I gave them ma story....and it was brocaded on air...I know it's not enough buh at least on my level, I've tried

Finding Ur Dad is extremely important BUT pls try to move on with Ur life ooooooo

Move on in the sense that U should try to establish Urself.

it will be disappointing to Ur Dad if (when U eventually meet Him again) U turn out to be a burden

1 Like

Re: Am Looking For My Father by valdovas(m): 2:49am On Jul 11, 2016
Why did the man not search for you all these years, I dislike when people give birth without having the commitment to always be there for their children.

Op don't need to feel guilty for not searching for him since, afterall he was a child. Na the papa way born am supposed find am.

1 Like

Re: Am Looking For My Father by omonighoblessing(f): 2:50am On Jul 11, 2016
I would say you go to the customs and if u can get the last place he serviced.that would be a plus.
they must have data /statistics about their employees
U might get a lead there.

....meanwhile This exact topic came to my mind this evening tho
surprised to see it @ fp even more.
Good luck bro.
Re: Am Looking For My Father by AngelAhnie(f): 4:28am On Jul 11, 2016
sonofpius:
Please mods....help me take this to a more popular place where many people cn see..
and co
I'll advice you go to bomadi, I mean both the one in bayelsa and delta state. I pray you find him soon and if you don't life goes on, don't bother yourself over a man who careless to look for you.

I wonder why a woman will have a baby with a man she knows nothing about.
Re: Am Looking For My Father by idu1(m): 5:58am On Jul 11, 2016
This is simple. Go to custom HQ abj or lagos. They must have one document you can use to trace him dead or alive.
Re: Am Looking For My Father by ayibatari99(m): 6:04am On Jul 11, 2016
sonofpius:
Good day my good people of Nairaland. Am here to share my story. I've been a visitor in this site for long, and seen how people got help from different situations (even seemingly impossible situations). So I believe I could also get some help over here, which made me to create this acct.

Yea...you read the headline correctly, am looking for my father. My name is Pius Godgift. Am from Bayelsa State and lost contact with my father since the year 2000.

I was born as the only child of my mother (late Mrs Inta) and I grew up with my grand mum and aunts..my mum wasnt married to my father. I was told that my father worked as a custom officer in Port Harcourt and he comes to see me once in a while. My mum on her part didn't tell me anything about my dad (though I was still very young). he bought me some cloths during the Xmas period in 2000 which was also the last time I saw him or heard from him.
Everything changed in 2002 when I lost my mum, I was moved from port Harcourt to Bayelsa to stay with one of my senior aunt who doesn't know anything about my dad...so I basically didn't get anymore information about him while growing up. Whenever I ask of my dad, I'll be told that he is in Port Harcourt. I was given the impression that my dad will come looking for me whn it's time...

After my secondary school in 2011, I went back to port Harcourt thinking my dad will come looking for me, I waited till 2013 and nothing was happening so I started asking questions.... the only people that had a lil info abt my dad were my grand mum and one of my Aunt who unfortunately had no formal education of any kind, so it was even more difficult

From the info I got... my father's name was Pius buh they weren't sure about his surname which killed everything... according to ma aunt "his name is Pius Uguni" my grand mum was sure about Pius but wasn't sure about the surname (Uguni) he was said to have come from bumadi. Again they weren't sure if it was the bumadi in Delta state...or the one in Bayelsa... according to them, he was a custom officer (I confirmed that though, cos he once came to see me with his uniform) and worked in federal Secretariat port Harcourt which is located in Aba road port Harcourt.
After getting this sketchy info, I was adviced by my aunt's husband to go to the custom office in Aba road...he gave me a custom officer's phone number, who would help me get to the Secretary's office. When I got to the Secretary's office, she asked me the name, and I gave her the lil info I got..she said she resumed work 2004 in the office and said almost all the staffs before her where transferred to NPA in aboor Rd. pH.. She gave me the d number of the Secretary' in aboor Rd unit to make more inquiries...when I got to NPA, the Secretary' asked me the necessary questions, which I answered with the lil info I got. She called another of her colleague who was there before she came. But all of them said they came after 2005 and met no one with such details I gave to them, that he may have been transferred before they arrived the NPA...they also said they couldn't open any documents to check cos every document were parked to the warehouse.

I left the office as frustrated child who was betrayed by his father, I still don't wanna believe I am an orphan yet....I still believe Mr Pius is alive somewhere...I didn't have the time to stay with my mum even when she was alive, I preferred staying with any of ma.aunts or my granny because I was treated like an egg... everyone loved me and took me as there own child..buh growing up, I realized I needed someone I could talk to directly as ma mum or dad..I missed all of that.

Please my good Nairalanders... if you have any info concerning the lil info I've given, or you have someone who you think may have any info about a custom officer Mr.Pius..please help me, tell him his 23 years old son is being looking for him
You can reach me through this number 0708 974 5141

Pardon me for my grammars and faulty punctuations... am not good at narrations

Thanks
My brother, i suggest you should try googling your father's first name. I tried googling the syntax ( Pius Nigeria Customs Service) for you and i saw several Facebook and Linkedin accounts of Nigeria customs officers having your father's first name. Don't be surprise if you find him among the pops up in the search window. You can as well get in contact with few of them to see if they can in anyway be of help. I saw Nigeria customs Service official website and Facebook account, it's also a good avenue to explore, you may likely meet some sympathizers that can assist you. I gave you this idea because it seems your case isn't a dis-owned issue, as such i have the feelings he will welcome you to his domain, if he's still alive. You should search with different words combination, I am pretty much sure you will find info. regarding him. Nigeria Customs Service is a small community compared to other Uniform service men, in one way or the other someone most have worked with him.

2 Likes

Re: Am Looking For My Father by sonofpius: 6:39am On Jul 11, 2016
ayibatari99:

My brother, i suggest you should try googling your father's first name. I tried googling the syntax ( Pius Nigeria Customs Service) for you and i saw several Facebook and Linkedin accounts of Nigeria customs officers having your father's first name. Don't be surprise if you find him among the pops up in the search window. You can as well get in contact with few of them to see if they can in anyway be of help. I saw Nigeria customs Service official website and Facebook account, it's also a good avenue to explore, you may likely meet some sympathizers that can assist you. I gave you this idea because it seems your case isn't a dis-owned issue, as such i have the feelings he will welcome you to his domain, if he's still alive. You should search with different words combination, I am pretty much sure you will find info. regarding him. Nigeria Customs Service is a small community compared to other Uniform service men, in one way or the other someone most have worked with him.
Thanks
Re: Am Looking For My Father by sonofpius: 6:41am On Jul 11, 2016
AngelAhnie:
I'll advice you go to bomadi, I mean both the one in bayelsa and delta state. I pray you find him soon and if you don't life goes on, don't bother yourself over a man who careless to look for you.

I wonder why a woman will have a baby with a man she knows nothing about.

Bumadi is a big place... especially the one in Delta state....it wasn't like ma mum didn't know anything abt him....she knew few things abt him but refused to tell me maybe because I was too young or she wanted me to feel less concerned about him
Re: Am Looking For My Father by sonofpius: 6:47am On Jul 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

As a father, I have to ask you why you have this ghastly opinion.

As you enter adulthood then you'll understand that sometimes things are not what they appear to be.
Yea...I said I felt like...I didn't say he betrayed me, cos I knew a lil about how concerned he was about me when ma mum was still alive.....I just blame ma mums (ma only family now) for everything
Re: Am Looking For My Father by sonofpius: 6:55am On Jul 11, 2016
missyadorable:

Thanks for your opinion....but money is not everything.....if it was, I wouldn't b writing this...I have a lil that can see me tru this phase of life....

1 Like

Re: Am Looking For My Father by sonofpius: 6:57am On Jul 11, 2016
baby124:
How will your aunts and grandmum have no idea who your father is. This is a mess your mother should have tidied up because no one knows tomorrow. Especially because you were born out of wedlock. She should also have given your your father's surname and not his first name as surname. This would have made your claim a bit more viable just in case he is no longer alive.
I will advise you to visit the NPA headquarters in Abuja and trace him from there. They should have up to date records of employee transfers and promotions. It is disgusting that up until now a country like Nigeria does not have computerized records of employees. And we are supposed to believe ghost worker issue has been eliminated.
Please whatever information you are given, be cautious and don't visit any house or town alone. Meet people in public places and be very careful. Also keep in mind that he may no longer be alive, and if his family is alive they may not accept you. Don't take anything too personally on this journey you are attempting to make. Just be very careful.

Despite not knowing your father, you can live a good and full life. Have a family of your own, and decide to be a good father and be present in the lives of your kids. I wish you the very best.

Thanks
Re: Am Looking For My Father by sonofpius: 7:00am On Jul 11, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

Finding Ur Dad is extremely important BUT pls try to move on with Ur life ooooooo

Move on in the sense that U should try to establish Urself.

it will be disappointing to Ur Dad if (when U eventually meet Him again) U turn out to be a burden

Lolz...thanks buh I wouldn't be a burden to him...God has blessed me in his own ways. ..

1 Like

Re: Am Looking For My Father by kekeolu(f): 7:05am On Jul 11, 2016
Really pathetic. Why don't you try the community he is from but then you have to do this discreetly.
Re: Am Looking For My Father by sonofpius: 7:07am On Jul 11, 2016
ikp120:
What of your birth certificate?

It would be with ma mum...like I said, ma mum got married to another man in Delta state before I even knew anything....though even when she was alive, I didn't spend much time with her...cos I always preferred port Harcourt to Delta...and ma Aunts or granny treated me like an egg...ma mum no dey tolerated nonsenses...
Re: Am Looking For My Father by sonofpius: 7:10am On Jul 11, 2016
makeupgal:
op are you ijaw? good to know u have something to work with. if u have d resources go to both bumadi (bomadi as I know it in delta state) u can visit the traditional head of these places and tell them your story. if they have any info, they will let u know. it is well

Yea....am Ijaw...and am thinking about that too....thanks
Re: Am Looking For My Father by pjamas(m): 7:25am On Jul 11, 2016
You are looking for your father Well, my father ran away back in 1998 when I was born, and I got to meet him. Last year July.... Since then, I've not seen any man as irresponsible as him again.... He doesn't even care about me.... Me myself doesn't give any shit about him again... He doesn't want to see me seff... Always coming up with one lie or the other.....to cover up... Yo go find your pman oh... Just pray!!!!!! Me I wish I never met mine sef!

Airforce1 abeg, weiting be the name of tha your producer

1 Like

Re: Am Looking For My Father by blueblood1(m): 7:29am On Jul 11, 2016
By their posts, you shall know backward people. Dude needs help , Ure busy analysing the past. Smh for u....

@op. Best bet is to trace him through NCS like someone suggested, and also engage the media.

Wish you the very best.

histemple:
Op. Your story is supposed to be touching but my feelings for you is that of ambivalence.

First, I am tempted to blame your dad for not visiting for about 16 years, but then, nobody knows exactly why yet.

Secondly, I am disappointed that at 7years old you didn't know anything about your father, not even his name, his siblings or even his village.

More so, without apology, I must say that both your mum and her family were careless not to have known reasonable details about your father.

Anyways, My conclusion is if your dad was visiting and suddenly stopped, not because he had issues with either your mum or her family, then it is worrisome----and very worrisome.

My advice for you is to focus "MORE" on how you can become a better person while leveraging on any information you can get to find him.
Re: Am Looking For My Father by Airforce1(m): 7:35am On Jul 11, 2016
pjamas:
You are looking for your father Well, my father ran away back in 1998 when I was born, and I got to meet him. Last year July.... Since then, I've not seen any man as irresponsible as him again.... He doesn't even care about me.... Me myself doesn't give any shit about him again... He doesn't want to see me seff... Always coming up with one lie or the other.....to cover up... Yo go find your pman oh... Just pray!!!!!! Me I wish I never met mine sef!

Airforce1 abeg, weiting be the name of tha your producer

lalah and kpiano

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teenage Boys And Hormones. / Are The Kids Good Enough Reason To Endure & Stay An Abusive Marriage? / Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.