Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Am Looking For My Father - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Looking For My Father (12333 Views)

'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' / I'm Ready To Get Married But My Father Wants Me To Build First / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Looking For My Father by pjamas(m): 7:47am On Jul 11, 2016
Airforce1:

lalah and kpiano

?
Re: Am Looking For My Father by extremelygolden: 8:09am On Jul 11, 2016
I pray God directs him towards Nairaland, or someone who knows him comes in contact with what you've posted in Nairaland.

You'll surely find your father and all your efforts will never be in vain. I also want to advise that you go to the two (2) places mentioned that your father likely came from, go the local Chiefs there and explain everything to them, who knows, they might be able to help you trace your dad.

Best of luck, dear and never you lose hope, and when you find your father, do let us know also.

I will always remember you in my prayers.
Re: Am Looking For My Father by ikp120(m): 8:22am On Jul 11, 2016
sonofpius:

It would be with ma mum...like I said, ma mum got married to another man in Delta state before I even knew anything....though even when she was alive, I didn't spend much time with her...cos I always preferred port Harcourt to Delta...and ma Aunts or granny treated me like an egg...ma mum no dey tolerated nonsenses...

Look for the hospital where you were born. They may still have your record. Your father's name should be on the record.

1 Like

Re: Am Looking For My Father by martinz23(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2016
May God ease your search ijn

1 Like

Re: Am Looking For My Father by sonofpius: 8:26am On Jul 11, 2016
extremelygolden:
I pray God directs him towards Nairaland, or someone who knows him comes in contact with what you've posted in Nairaland.

You'll surely find your father and all your efforts will never be in vain. I also want to advise that you go to the two (2) places mentioned that your father likely came from, go the local Chiefs there and explain everything to them, who knows, they might be able to help you trace your dad.

Best of luck, dear and never you lose hope, and when you find your father, do let us know also.

I will always remember you in my prayers.

Thanks...right now.... school is taking some of my time...buh when I have some time, I'll.visit bumadi (both) definitely...thanks for you concern

1 Like

Re: Am Looking For My Father by sonofpius: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2016
ikp120:

Look for the hospital where you were born. They may still have your record. Your father's name should be on the record.

Avery good idea...but that's a big ask.... do you think the records would still be there??
Re: Am Looking For My Father by delightf(f): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2016
Deeply crying cus of this post,
Bed of d same feathers but wat can I say now
God ll help you my dear I understand how u felt with all of this
Go to face book with that name if you can get it,serach with d name nd his surname
Anyone you see read it even if is woman add all of them
Nd try to save the pic of anybody u see dear
When you see any custom with that name them add him up nd ask them
Blood is thicker than water once u see him ur spirit will tel you
Don't worry God will help you,

3 Likes

Re: Am Looking For My Father by ikp120(m): 8:37am On Jul 11, 2016
sonofpius:

Avery good idea...but that's a big ask.... do you think the records would still be there??

Yes I think so, hospitals are good at record keeping. You can also check with the government organisation that issued your birth certificate, that is if you had a birth certificate, they must definitely have your birth record, which contains the full names of your parents.
Re: Am Looking For My Father by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 11, 2016
sonofpius:

Yea...I said I felt like...I didn't say he betrayed me, cos I knew a lil about how concerned he was about me when ma mum was still alive.....I just blame ma mums (ma only family now) for everything

You're playing with words.

In any case if you have this opinion of him then why are you wasting your time looking for him?
Re: Am Looking For My Father by cherriex(f): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2016
@Op,if your mums old stuffs are still available,go through them and search,you may come across ur fathers full details or atlst his last name,or if u have a birth certificate ur fathers surname is supposed to be there,goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Am Looking For My Father by ola1982(m): 10:47am On Jul 11, 2016
allanphash7:
Are you lucky dube ?

If not then go amd listen to one of Lucky dube's track REMEMBER ME

Most you joke with everything

Good luck
Re: Am Looking For My Father by sokunji(m): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2016
Have u heard the phrase "follow the money". if he is/was a customer officer, the account dpt has payment records. all payment are now on the system, then u can get bank details and then phone number..if he is retired, his pension details will be available..

I don't know If u can get the info easily.. but it is worth trying.

2 Likes

Re: Am Looking For My Father by oluwabishop: 11:21am On Jul 11, 2016
The baby mama business didn't start today. All those who are proponents of the baby mama culture, hope you can see the negative social and demoralising effects it has on those kids growing up.

2 Likes

Re: Am Looking For My Father by Ganjafama(m): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2016
@sonofpius, if you have the time and resources go to the customs head office at Abuja. Go to see one of the top HR oga and explain everything to him. They should help you check the names of all staff from Delta State bearing Pius
Both serving, retired and deceased. Am sure you will find him through this suggestion.

2 Likes

Re: Am Looking For My Father by Guyman02: 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
-Do you know the hospital where you were born, go there and check their record.
-Search your late mums available belongings you could find a clue such as a picture of them together or a document with his name on it. Any picture would greatly help.
-Use social media like face book to search for people with the two surnames variants you got from your granny and aunt and see if any of them is from Bomadi when you add them.
-Attach here a picture of yourself and your mum when you were 7 years old the last time he stopped visiting, your father could be Nairalander or someone who knew him and your mum can stumble upon it here.
-Go back to Customs in the place they say he worked then and see the head of the unit whom you can plead with to allow you access to their records for any former officer named Pius and from there the places he was transfered to can be worked out.

Work on yourself and promise yourself you will no do what your father did by having out of wedlock children and babymama trash, it could be that your father stopped coming when he got married to another woman and didnt want the problem associated with having kids outside.

4 Likes

Re: Am Looking For My Father by sonofpius: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
oluwabishop:
The baby mama business didn't start today. All those who are proponents of the baby mama culture, hope you can see the negative social and demoralising effects it has on those kids growing up.

Sorry...I know you are trying to help me...buh calling ma late mum a baby mama is quite disrespectful... thanks

1 Like

Re: Am Looking For My Father by missyadorable(f): 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
sonofpius:

Thanks for your opinion....but money is not everything.....if it was, I wouldn't b writing this...I have a lil that can see me tru this phase of life....

Really? So what are you looking for your father for?
A father who abandoned you and your mother?
Cos even if he legally married her and cared for you all through,you really don't need him when you have your own money...

1 Like

Re: Am Looking For My Father by missyadorable(f): 2:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
sonofpius:

Sorry...I know you are trying to help me...buh calling ma late mum a baby mama is quite disrespectful... thanks

Ehya! But that's what your mum was
You told us they were not married
Or has the meaning of baby mama changed?
Re: Am Looking For My Father by sonofpius: 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
missyadorable:

Really? So what are you looking for your father for?
A father who abandoned you and your mother?
Cos even if he legally married her and cared for you all through,you really don't need him when you have your own money...

I have people who always stood behind me when it's comes to financial needs..every one in ma family treats me specifically and differently. In fact everyone is trying to care for.me more than the next person....
And me on ma own..I'm trying to set up something which could keep me going on my own....so it's not what you think.

BTW..I don't think he abandoned me...I made it clear in my post that he showed some concern in me...even tried to take me with him sometimes
Thanks for trying to.help though
Re: Am Looking For My Father by Guyman02: 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
sonofpius:

Sorry, he used you as a point to reach out to others, please dont feel offended. I expect that by now you have added a picture of yourself when you were young or your mums picture. I wonder what you want when till now you respond to comments without pictures, are you truly serious about searching for your biological father?
Re: Am Looking For My Father by adellam16(f): 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
sonofpius:

No picture..like I said, ma mum was married to someone else b4 I even knew my right from my left
how will we find him? U think dis is d best place? Go to radio stations nd TV
Re: Am Looking For My Father by funmercy1(f): 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
With dis story it shows that your mom was the other women, na only God go fit help you, go back to your dad's working place and do it official.
Re: Am Looking For My Father by oglalasioux(m): 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
Chill out, boy. Some of us never knew a father not to talk of seeing him when we were 7. Face front and forget the old man. When you make it he'll come calling by himself.
Re: Am Looking For My Father by cococandy(f): 2:11am On Jul 12, 2016
Exactly
chronique:
This is the reason wh a child out of wedlock is a no for me. This is the reason why polygamy is a no for me. This is the reason why I always say young men and women should be responsible. If your dad had a proper relationship with your mum,your aunt would have had better info about him and it would have been easier for you to find him. I pray you actually do find him. I hope other young men and wmen would be able to pick a thing from this. Whatever you do today,think of the effects on the kids unborn.
Re: Am Looking For My Father by cococandy(f): 2:27am On Jul 12, 2016
sonofpius:

Yea...I said I felt like...I didn't say he betrayed me, cos I knew a lil about how concerned he was about me when ma mum was still alive.....I just blame ma mums (ma only family now) for everything
Ungrateful child. According to you everyone takes care of you and treats you like an egg yet you blame only them for this. Do you know what really happened?

If your dad was that serious about you, even if he died his people would have come looking for you because they would know he has a son somewhere. He would have made sure to tell them how to find you.

What you remember from when you were 7yes old is at best a romanticized idea of the true picture.

Stop having romantic ideas of a dad who stopped showing up. Still search for him but have an open mind, So that you don't end up heartbroken.

He stopped coming for a reason. And if that reason is death, his people haven't come to find you for a reason too. Appreciate the family that you already have. Not a lot of people can raise kids that's aren't theirs. Be grateful to your aunts.

3 Likes

Re: Am Looking For My Father by Guyman02: 9:19am On Jul 12, 2016
cococandy:

Stop having romantic ideas of a dad who stopped showing up. Still search for him but have an open mind, So that you don't end up heartbroken.

He stopped coming for a reason. And if that reason is death, his people haven't come to find you for a reason too. Appreciate the family that you already have. Not a lot of people can raise kids that's aren't theirs. Be grateful to your aunts.

Classic response
Re: Am Looking For My Father by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2016
Is high time Nigeria start storing information in online/offline database, Customs, police, hospital etc....
I remember when my mother collapsed and we had to rush her to a hospital she's been going to for years and has just been in that hospital few days before this happened. They asked s of her hospital card which no one remembers to look for, they kept us in the lobby with our lifeless mother for more than 2hrs while they fumble through all the ugly files to look for her name. This could have been avoided if they had a database, where they will just type her name on the system and get every info about her.

Sorry for my rant, but if the customs had a working database....they could have helped you locate your father.2001 is not a very long time.
I hope you find your Father my brother.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teenage Boys And Hormones. / Don't I Have The Right To Be In Labour Room With My Wife? / Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.