Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? (730 Views)

Which Gender Will Be Worst Affected By Widespread Adoption Of Sex Robot? / (opinion Polls) Has Social Media Made People More Stupid Or Wiser / Has Social Media Turned Nigerian Youths Into Narcissists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by sumborri: 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
I was born long ago, thus was priviedged to be a teen when few homes had a telephone talkless of GSM or social media. If you liked a girl in those days, you have to stalk her with a well composed love letter in hand and pray she doesn't abuse you when you finally get the confidence to utter "excuse me sister".

Social media has made communication easier especially when distant relationships are considered, social media has helped many move on faster from failed relationships and has also help people advertise their love status.

Social media has made and marred many relationships, thus how has it affected you, more positively or negatively .

In my case, social media empowered all my EX girlfriends to cheat on me, social media was the quickest way I got laid, social media has reduced my physical chyking skills and many more. So over all truly NEGATIVE
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
Very Negative undecided

..it's hard when a couple are fond of social media everywhere and acting up like singles.
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by foolinlove(f): 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
Even in a committed relationship it can create jealousy, paranoia and accusations based on small actions.

You used to think things to yourself "I like that man's handsome face". Now you "like" his photo or follow his IG and everyone knows what you think about. Your partner will be jealous, worry if you spend lots of time on social media and maybe accuse you of wanting to cheat with this person.

It also makes it easier to see someone who broke up with you, making the heartbreak worse.

That's why I don't have social media.
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Fmartin(m): 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:
Very Negative undecided

..it's hard when a couple are fond of social media everywhere and acting up like singles.
shooo!
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by ForeverYoung197(f): 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
No other social media for me except FB.
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
Fmartin:
shooo!

Shoooo too angry !
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
NEGATIVELY. ...
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by sumborri: 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:
Very Negative undecided

hmmmm, am sure you get to chat up boo easily thanks to social media tools like whatsapp and the likes. Anyway I understand ur point especially now its viewed as a tool for couples to wash their dirty linens
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by sumborri: 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
Sempumping:
NEGATIVELY. ...
babe state some reasons that makes it so irksome
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by sumborri: 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
ForeverYoung197:
No other social media for me except FB.
even whatsapp ? That's social media. Also even nairaland is social media. Is boo completely ok and trusting with ur activities online ? Has online activity ever crashed a relationship or even friendship
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
sumborri:
hmmmm, am sure you get to chat up boo easily thanks to social media tools like whatsapp and the likes. Anyway I understand ur point especially now its viewed as a tool for couples to wash their dirty linens

shocked I'm single ooo... I'm not guilty juz airing my view grin
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by sumborri: 4:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
foolinlove:
Even in a committed relationship it can create jealousy, paranoia and accusations based on small actions.

You used to think things to yourself "I like that man's handsome face". Now you "like" his photo or follow his IG and everyone knows what you think about. Your partner will be jealous, worry if you spend lots of time on social media and maybe accuse you of wanting to cheat with this person.

It also makes it easier to see someone who broke up with you, making the heartbreak worse.

That's why I don't have social media.
so you out law social media in ur relationship ? If you got married, especially with ur reservations, would you prefer your hubby and you keep ur affairs off social media. Especially nowadays people are tempted to fight in public
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by sumborri: 4:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:

alright dearie. Though that single declaration has just helped the minsitry of a lot of dudes who will see this. So if you got into a relationship or marriage, would you prefer to keep ur marital affairs off online platforms? No married status on facebook? Children pics etc. am inquisitive hon
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by njiasi30(f): 4:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
Both lipsrsealed
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
hmmmm OP OP
fine girls no dey nairaland oooo, na ugly, slim girls full here! carry ur post go instagram!
all these coded hunting
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by vicstar(m): 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
• • • • • What kinda sun is diz sef? cry

Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:

with every skall excuse you go dey announce am single oooo, its over 4months you still dey single, even if you ugly pass laniky, how is it possible that rue still single? na inside cave you dey stay?
abeg go join baddo and stop doing advert
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
njiasi30:
Both lipsrsealed
wetin be both?
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
sumborri:
alright dearie. Though that single declaration has just helped the minsitry of a lot of dudes who will see this. So if you got into a relationship or marriage, would you prefer to keep ur marital affairs off online platforms? No married status on facebook? Children pics etc. am inquisitive hon

Ummm.. I can discuss tat with my next bf grin if we both agree, I'm fine without social media ...I done that once, I can do tat again I think...

All eyes on HIM tongue
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
sumborri:
babe state some reasons that makes it so irksome

so many reasons..

All the problems I had in my past relationships were phone (social media ) related

It's either the boo is saving 1 babe's picture or he is chatting with 1 babe too much

Social media is just bad for relationships ,if not for its undeniable benefits, I wouldn't mind us going back to the 3310 " days .

Relationships were stressfree
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
annoyingman:

with every skall excuse you go dey announce am single oooo, its over 4months you still dey single, even if you ugly pass laniky, how is it possible that rue still single? na inside cave you dey stay?
abeg go join baddo and stop doing advert

4monz? Nawa for u ooo.. And if I advert tat I am SINGLE ,thats none of ur biznez.. So stop humping on my back coz ur bones are hitting me bad
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Fmartin(m): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Shoooo too angry !
my lady na fight?
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by ForeverYoung197(f): 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
sumborri:
even whatsapp ? That's social media. Also even nairaland is social media. Is boo completely ok and trusting with ur activities online ? Has online activity ever crashed a relationship or even friendship

My ex is here. He's very active in other section but he's married. Nairaland is my time killer when it's my free time
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by sumborri: 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
Sempumping:

so many reasons..

All the problems I had in my past relationships were phone (social media ) related

It's either the boo is saving 1 babe's picture or he is chatting with 1 babe too much

Social media is just bad for relationships ,if not for its undeniable benefits, I wouldn't mind us going back to the 3310 " days .

Relationships were stressfree
WORD. Some will listen to ur reservations to social media use and accuse you of trying to control ur man. Why don't u trust blah blah blah, forgetting say na who go wear shoe will feel the pain. I am also not a fan of social media, but how do you curtail that love/addiction in a potential lover or hubby
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by sumborri: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Ummm.. I can discuss tat with my next bf grin if we both agree, I'm fine without social media ...I done that once, I can do tat again I think...

All eyes on HIM tongue
hmmmm. Nice one then. He go see pepper. Stealth monitoring on point
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by sumborri: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
annoyingman:
hmmmm OP OP
fine girls no dey nairaland oooo, na ugly, slim girls full here! carry ur post go instagram!
all these coded hunting
hahahahahaha. Who tell u say fine babes no dey here. there is a fellow here, very quiet, no pics. But if u see her in real life. You will collapse from awe. I know that cos na my EX. Na her hot temper chase me. So oga boss. Fine babes dey , maybe they not conspicous
Re: How Has Social Media Affected Your Relationships..negatively,postively Or Both? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
sumborri:
WORD. Some will listen to ur reservations to social media use and accuse you of trying to control ur man. Why don't u trust blah blah blah, forgetting say na who go wear shoe will feel the pain. I am also not a fan of social media, but how do you curtail that love/addiction in a potential lover or hubby

Hmmmm .. Trust

I trust ,I only like to be proven wrong

The good thing is their social media relationship don't last and it ain't anything serious but it hurts while it last's

(1) (Reply)

Whao Come And See A Char Between Husband And Wife Am Thrill / 10 Signs The Love You Feel For Your Partner Is Real / For Men & Women - What Is Your Acceptable Number Of Past Sexual Partners? [18+]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.