Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! (4548 Views)

Islam Preaches Violence? / Does The Quran Preaches Hatred And Violence Towards 'unbelievers'?(xtians&co) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by dexmond: 5:52am On Sep 11, 2009
Going through Ikorodu road to Lagos Island, I saw mini bill boards with the pics of cute little kids. On the board, a new message about Islam was printed in fine attractive colours. I was astonished! The message is about LOVE! I begin to imagine if this is the islam that I know, or is it part of the plan? Some questions started hitting my mind “does it not contradict the teachings of Islam? Is it really possible for muslims to show love despite the teachings of the quran?What about kaffirs, the people of the book (Christians), the Jews and the pagans?  I went back to the Islamic scriptures (they are written after this intro) to make sure I am not wrong about what allah's prophet taught during his life-time. I became the more confused. I am wondering how the man who had been taught and trained to hate other people who are not of their faith will come to terms with this new teaching. I hope it is practised most especially in the Middle East.

Sura 9:29-31
"Fight those who believe not in God nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of truth, (even if they are) of the people of the Book, until they pay the jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. The Jews call Uzair [Ezra] a son of God, and the Christians call Christ the Son of God ,  God's curse be on them; how they are deluded away from the truth! They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of God, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary. Yet they are commanded to worship but One God , "

Sura 9:123
"O ye who believe! Fight the unbelievers who gird(surrounding) you about, and let them find firmness in you, and know that God is with those who fear Him."

Sura 5:54
"O ye who believe! [b]Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. [/b]They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust."

Bukhari 4:73 Muhammad said, "Know that Paradise is under the shades of swords."

I am Not advocating that Muslims should take up their arms again in a bid to spread Gods word, but that they should preach to sinners on the street corners.People's right to religion should be respected. If some one said he wants to serve satan, and you preach to him, if he refuses, don't cut off his head. Better still, you can pray for his salvation for he can still change his mind.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by KunleOshob(m): 8:44am On Sep 11, 2009
I saw the advert as well, they must have borrowed that term "love" from christianity cause it is obviously against what their religion preaches.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Abuzola(m): 10:20am On Sep 11, 2009
You guys are really crazy. I now know you don't know Islam as you boast of knowing.

Those verses of fighting were revealed when the pagan makkans were severely tormenting the muslim and the muslim didn't retaliate because no revealation has been revealed to fight them, after the the revealation was revealed as time goes on they were abrogated

'Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress the limits. Truly, Allah likes not the transgressors'
Quran 2:190

'they (hypocrites and disbelievers) are those of whom Allah knows what is in their hearts, so turn aside from them do not punish them but admonish them and speak to them effective word (to believe in Allah) that will reach their innerselves' Quran 4:63

lets see Biblical terror

God said , Isaiah 65:12 'I will destine you to the sword, and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter, because when i called you did not answer'

ezekiel 9:5-8
'And to others he (GOD) said in my (Ezekiel) hearing,'pass through the city after him an smite, your eye shall not spare and you shall show no mercy, slay old men outrightly, young men and maidens, little children and women but touch no one upon whom is the mark, and begin at my sanctuary' so they began with the elders who were before the house.

Then he said to them,'defile the house and fill the courts with the slain. Go forth' so they went forth and smote the city.

And while they were smiting and i (EZEKIEL) was left alone, i fell upon my face and cried,'ah Lord, God ! Wilt thou destroy all that remains of Israel in the outpouring of thy wrath upon the city ?''

what the heck
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by vanitty: 11:49am On Sep 11, 2009
^
Is your faith in your religion so weak, that you have to use another religion to defend yours? undecided
Why don't you just make your point based on the Qur'an alone
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Abuzola(m): 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2009
Is just the scenario of pot calling kettle black. I made it clear so that the ignorant amongst you to know that ur religion cuddle violence
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by noetic2: 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2009
is there anywhere in the koran where allah proffessed love for muslims?
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by jagunlabi(m): 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2009
It is one thing to preach love,it is another thing to BE about love.Neither christianity nor islam is about love.Both of them are guilty of lovelessness.To be about love,is to have no need to "preach" love.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by noetic2: 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
jagunlabi:

It is one thing to preach love,it is another thing to BE about love.Neither christianity nor islam is about love.Both of them are guilty of lovelessness.To be about love,is to have no need to "preach" love.

what do u understand by christianity?
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by dexmond: 5:53pm On Sep 13, 2009
@ Abuzola

Those verses of fighting were revealed when the pagan makkans were severely tormenting the muslim and the muslim didn't retaliate because no revealation has been revealed to fight them, after the the revealation was revealed as time goes on they were abrogated

Abuzola, your interpretation of the Quran verses I quoted is not correct. You are not been sincere or you are ignorant of the truth.

God said , Isaiah 65:12 'I will destine you to the sword, and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter, because when i called you did not answer'

God did not tell anyone to go and kill here. But he passed judgement on Israel for their sins.

'And to others he (GOD) said in my (Ezekiel) hearing,'pass through the city after him an smite, your eye shall not spare and you shall show no mercy, slay old men outrightly, young men and maidens, little children and women but touch no one upon whom is the mark, and begin at my sanctuary' so they began with the elders who were before the house.

Then he said to them,'defile the house and fill the courts with the slain. Go forth' so they went forth and smote the city.

And while they were smiting and i (EZEKIEL) was left alone, i fell upon my face and cried,'ah Lord, God ! Wilt thou destroy all that remains of Israel in the outpouring of thy wrath upon the city ?''

This is vision of what God will do. Start from chapter 8.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Abuzola(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2009
Hahaha, why deny ur gorgeous verses
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by dexmond: 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2009
how did i deny?
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Nezan(m): 4:06pm On Sep 14, 2009
Nobody should deceive anybody, all the fruits of islam speak for themselves, e.g. bin laden and sept. 11, boko haram, e.t.c.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by fizzybaba(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2009
Abuzola:

lets see Biblical terror

what the heck

me think some people got some convincing explanation to do! clearly not the 'nobody should decieve anybody ,all fruit of islam speak for themselves' type. very unscholarly!
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by jakigaga(m): 11:39pm On Sep 17, 2009
Can someone please tell me what the crusades where?
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Nezan(m): 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2009
. . . . . . . and the terrorists, led by they leader, recited the words 'allahu akbar' before detonating the bombs that were strapped to their bodies . . . . hundred people died that day . . .
Such are the fruits of islam! killer religion angry
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by sosisi(f): 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2009
noetic2:

is there anywhere in the koran where allah proffessed love for muslims?

I also want to know.
Allah says he is is a deceiver and a cunning fellow
what does he know about love?
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Abuzola(m): 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2009
You people must be mentally disturb, what do you know about love ? Love does not mean MouthAction like the bible entail
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by sosisi(f): 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2009
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

what does allah say about love?
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by sosisi(f): 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2009
Abuzola:

You people must be mentally disturb, what do you know about love ? Love does not mean MouthAction like the bible entail

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. - Deuteronomy 7:9

For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. . . - Psalm 37:28

I[b] love those who love me[/b], and those who seek me find me. - Proverbs 8:17

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. – 1 John 4:9-11

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16

We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. – 1 John 4:19-20

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother. - 1 John 3:10

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. - Matthew 6:24

So be very careful to love the LORD your God. - Joshua 23:11

I love you, O LORD, my strength. - Psalm 18:1

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' – Matthew 22:37-39

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. - Proverbs 17:17

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. - excerpts from 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. - John 15:12-13

'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD. - Leviticus 19:18

Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs. – Proverbs 10:12

Thank God for his[size=24pt] love for all[/size]
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Abuzola(m): 12:39am On Sep 19, 2009
John 3:16 JESUS As god and the son, how can god begot himself and then send him ? can't you be reasonable for once
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by olabowale(m): 3:42am On Sep 19, 2009
Ramadhan is ending and the Shayatin are out! SubhanAllah. Rabbi Haqq. RasulUllah haqq.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by olabowale(m): 3:45am On Sep 19, 2009
The worshippers of "servant" and "ghost" and "father" are out in full force. Where we they been hiding in the middle of ramadhan, except Allah confounded them, kept them busy away from Believers?

Oh much I miss the our going Shararun Ramadhan, already!

Osisi, welcome back, from whereever!
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Nezan(m): 9:11am On Sep 19, 2009
islam and peace? its all about the killings, first preached by mohammed. cheesy
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by sosisi(f): 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2009
olabowale:

The worshippers of "servant" and "ghost" and "father" are out in full force. Where we they been hiding in the middle of ramadhan, except Allah confounded them, kept them busy away from Believers?

Oh much I miss the our going Shararun Ramadhan, already!

Osisi, welcome back, from whereever!

where is the love of allah
why una dey dodge the question?
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Abuzola(m): 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2009
Pregnant mugu, sè you don hear ? Worshipers of servant and ghost. Lmao
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by noetic2: 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2009
Abuzola:

[b]Pregnant mugu, [/b]sè you don hear ? Worshipers of servant and ghost. Lmao

must u always be rude?
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Abuzola(m): 4:20pm On Sep 22, 2009
You should ask her for starting the chaos
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by sosisi(f): 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2009
Abuzola:

Pregnant mugu, sè you don hear ? Worshipers of servant and ghost. Lmao

I ask again
where does allah profess his love?
Is this not a simple question?
What right does the Nigerian Muslims have to borrow a Christ concept of the love of God and paste love of allah all over Lagos like people don't know that allah is a bearded man holding a giant hammer looking for who to strike down.
Why must you people be copy cats?
Is it not enough that you plagiarized the Bible and the Talmund in the time of Mohammed.
Why can't you folks be original and stop the deception?

Allah is love indeed
he loves to deceive grin
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2009
and no muslim has been able to help us find this love of allah? grin
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by sosisi(f): 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2009
davidylan:

and no muslim has been able to help us find this love of allah? grin

I wonder why
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by GODSON2009(m): 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2009
$osisi:

I ask again
where does allah profess his love?
Is this not a simple question?
What right does the Nigerian Muslims have to borrow a Christ concept of the love of God and paste love of allah all over Lagos like people don't know that allah is a bearded man holding a giant hammer looking for who to strike down.
Why must you people be copy cats?
Is it not enough that you plagiarized the Bible and the Talmund in the time of Mohammed.
Why can't you folks be original and stop the deception?

Allah is love indeed
he loves to deceive grin
mohammad professed love when he wanted to marry aisha at 6 years old,
also when he was going to consumate their marriage after waiting patiently for W HOLE 3 YEARS
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Nezan(m): 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2009
lol @ Godson, grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Significance Of The Day Of Arafat / Aisha / The Virtues Of Reciting Suratul Al-kahf On Friday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.