Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! (4563 Views)

Islam Preaches Violence? / Does The Quran Preaches Hatred And Violence Towards 'unbelievers'?(xtians&co) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by IbrahimB: 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2010
"Surely Allah loves those who turn unto him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves." (2:222)

"Verily Allah loves the Good-doers." (2:195)

"Say, 'if you really love Allah then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful'" (3:31)

"Verily those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, the Most Gracious, will bestow love for them" (19:96)

Amongst others.

One of the Names (attributes) of Allah is that He is Al-Wadud, which means The Loving.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by AbuZola3(m): 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2010
Allahu akbar
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by dexmond: 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2010
"Surely Allah loves those who turn unto him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves." (2:222)

"Verily Allah loves the Good-doers." (2:195)

"Say, 'if you really love Allah then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful'" (3:31)

"Verily those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, the Most Gracious, will bestow love for them" (19:96)

Amongst others.

One of the Names (attributes) of Allah is that He is Al-Wadud, which means The Loving.

Does any of these look like love your neigbour as yourself? Ah Muslims sha.

[]
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by chakula: 4:14pm On Mar 22, 2010
Allahu Akbar is a terror verse !!! cheesy
[quote][/quote]

t.truth/false,

I devoutness your existence.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by ttruth(m): 11:38pm On Mar 24, 2010
chakula:

t.truth,
I devoutness your existence.

grin grin grin grin grin Chakula or whatever you call yourself

Is this a grammatical blunder oor what ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

In future, check your funny grammatical blunder before responding to anything I write. Bloody Arrow. All muslims know is evil. Their national anthem is slaying, murdering and butcheing people for no reason. All muslims are savage beast cheesy
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by chakula: 10:57am On Mar 25, 2010
@t/truth/false

If you are not talented to comprehend an uncomplicated grammar similar to the exceeding posting, of course you embittered all the ones that prop up your education. Please, if you are not discomfit will you shift to Christian fragment and put into effect your madness,claptrap as well as baloney in attendance, rather moderately attending muslim subdivision.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by ttruth(m): 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2010
chakula:

@t/truth/false

If you are not talented to comprehend an uncomplicated grammar similar to the exceeding posting, of course you embittered all the ones that prop up your education. Please, if you are not discomfit will you shift to Christian fragment and put into effect your madness,claptrap as well as baloney in attendance, rather moderately attending muslim subdivision.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Muhammedanism grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by chakula: 9:21am On Mar 26, 2010
@t/truth/false

Muhammedanism
[quote][/quote]

You don’t have no matter which to remark on, minimally because your asinine brain is departing pour out.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2010
My post is to educate all and sundry on the allegations and false premises of the OP, but still it will address others be it.

(1) those who are ignoramus about Islam but claimed they know all  and hence peddled false recriminations, prejudiced proposition, nonfactual statement etc.

(2) Prejudiced religious bigot who only spew falsehood to make cheap arguments

(3) Disgraceful liars & dishonest Islamophobes who carries tales (misinformation, half-truth and lies) These are people deliberately/maliciously convolute the truth to beguile others.

(4) ,  and most importantly, Objective and open-minded folks who want to know the truth about Islam (for honest criticism or to gain an understanding of Islam or any other reason)

I want to explicate on the topic,  (despite the predilections of the group (1), (2) & (3) as shown above) ,  Perhaps, it might be of benefit to them,
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 28, 2010
,,, such benefit might include:
(1) having an objective understanding of Islam; which could be a bridge for mutual understanding, respect/fairness & tolerance to our common humanity
(2)being able to give an honest criticism of the faith (this is anticipated & will be welcomed.)

I will be engaging you only on certain principle of mutual civility. My etiquette of Debate and Dialogue is from the Quran.the Noble Quran says:

“Call unto the way of thy Lord with wisdom and goodly exhortation and argue with them in a way that is best. Surely, thy Lord knows best who has strayed from His way; and He also knows those who are rightly guided. And if you decide to punish the oppressors, then punish them to the extent to which you have been wronged; but if you show patience then, surely, that is best for those who are patient. And, O Prophet, endure thou with patience; and verily thy patience is possible only with the help of Allah. And grieve not for them, nor feel distressed because of their evil designs. Verily, Allah is with those who are righteous and those who do good.”
Quran Chapter 16, Verses 125 -128

“To this religion, then, do thou invite mankind. And be thou steadfast in it as thou art commanded, and follow not their evil inclinations, but say, ‘I believe in whatever book Allah has sent down, and I am commanded to judge justly between you; Allah is our Lord and your Lord. For us is the reward of our works, and for you the reward of your works. There is no quarrel between us and you. Allah will gather us together, and to Him is the return.’”
Quran Chapter 42, Verses 15

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) teaches that, "God is more loving and kinder than a mother to her dear child."

and he also says: “None of you truly believe until he love for his neighbor what he love for himself”

Though, I hope to harangue further on the topic,  nevertheless, the abovemention verses from the Quran says it all.
and If this does not transpire as the real essence of love, tolerance, patience, forgiveness, civility, justice & mutual respect, I guess you need to ask a pertinent question of how honest & objective you are as a person. Go figure Quran 109:1-6

Points to ponder:

Are these in consonance with what you claimed you know about Quran/Islam? an evil book? uhm?!
Does these jibes with the idea of tolerance, Justice and forgiveness. a wicked religion? Whatdyathink?

Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by ttruth(m): 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2010
Rubbish
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by muhsin(m): 5:40pm On Mar 31, 2010
Interesting stuff, AIRDIG. May Allah bless.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by ttruth(m): 11:43am On Apr 01, 2010
AIRDIG:

My post is to educate all and sundry on the allegations and false premises of the OP, but still it will address others be it.

(1) those who are ignoramus about Islam but claimed they know all and hence peddled false recriminations, prejudiced proposition, nonfactual statement etc.

(2) Prejudiced religious bigot who only spew falsehood to make cheap arguments

(3) Disgraceful liars & dishonest Islamophobes who carries tales (misinformation, half-truth and lies) These are people deliberately/maliciously convolute the truth to beguile others.

(4) , and most importantly, Objective and open-minded folks who want to know the truth about Islam (for honest criticism or to gain an understanding of Islam or any other reason)

I want to explicate on the topic, (despite the predilections of the group (1), (2) & (3) as shown above) , Perhaps, it might be of benefit to them,

Facts and reality of Islam contradict what you are writing. You can only deceive your fellow gullible people. I am not surprise Deception, lies and stupidity is part and parcel of Islam. So you will forever be in denial for the rest of your life.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 01, 2010
t.truth:

Facts and reality of Islam contradict what you are writing. You can only deceive your fellow gullible people. I am not surprise Deception, lies and stupidity is part and parcel of Islam. So you will forever be in denial for the rest of your life.

@t.truth
I presented you with facts but you turn around in rage and accuse me of lies & deceits ,,  , , 

,  ,,  ,. Talking about deceit,  Uhm?? It is an open secret that it is YOU & folks like you, that your word condemn

I know exactly where you are indoctrinated with the deception ideology, !!

Ah Ah!!! Yeah the Bible! Remember Paul said of deceit:

But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless being crafty, I caught you with deceit  (2 CORINTHIANS 12:16 )

, ,  or didnt Paul say that if by lying and he guide people to kingdom of God who then can accuse him of lying.
On his own admission, Paul is saying that he uses deception in his modus operandi.

For if the truth of God, hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory: why yet am I also judged as a sinner? [b]ROMANS 3:7

GOT IT?
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 01, 2010
Despite al facts presented,som fellows choose to insult Islam just because of hatred.wel d fact is dat d more u hate it d more establish it bcoms n there is notin u can do abt it, anyway u guys can kill urselvs or liv wit it.proud to be muslim.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by jesus3: 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2010
There are no fact to show that theres love in islam.The last word of Jesus was father forgive them(his killers) Mohammad placed a curse on Jews and christians when he was dying in the arms of aisha. Where is the love?
Punkinmusty:

Despite al facts presented,som fellows choose to insult Islam just because of hatred.anyway u guys can kill urselvs or liv wit it.proud to be muslim.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by nopuqeater: 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2010
@Jesus; I thought you said Jesus was that father? Why was he pettioning "father" to forgive them, except that it is self dilutional? Love from Muhammad (AS) the last prophet is measured and situation appropriate. Like Jesus, who did not love the "thief on his left", his real nature (human prophets hate dying dsbelieverd), as a human prophet of God, just like Noah to the flooded, Moses to the drowned, Lut to the brimestoned, David to Goliat murdered, so was Muhammad who hates a peson who dies in "disbelief", while the same Muhammad feel sorrow for the condemnation of the soul, because he wished that the soul was saved.

which is a greater love, lip service that does get beyond the throat and cant be manifested at the time of "proof", or the true love to a believer, though hates the disbeliever, nevertheless feel sorrow for that perished soul?
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by jesus3: 7:12pm On Apr 03, 2010
If u fail to show pple on Nl where i had called Jesus father on this thread/page,then u must be a not-so-smart person a deluded soul.Now instead of u to debunk my post,u ignorantly turned the whole thing around.Was my post about the last words of Jesus and mohammad true/false. If true theres no love in islam
nopuqeater:

@Jesus; I thought you said Jesus was that father? Why was he pettioning "father" to forgive them, except that it is self dilutional? Love from Muhammad (AS) the last prophet is measured and situation appropriate. Like Jesus, who did not love the "thief on his left", his real nature (human prophets hate dying dsbelieverd), as a human prophet of God, just like Noah to the flooded, Moses to the drowned, Lut to the brimestoned,
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by nopuqeater: 7:31pm On Apr 03, 2010
@Jesus: « #79 on: Yesterday at 03:29:47 PM »
There are no fact to show that theres love in islam.(1).The last word of Jesus was father forgive them(his killers) Mohammad placed a curse on Jews&christians when he was dying in the arms of aisha. Where is the love?

Quote from: Punkinmusty on April 01, 2010, 11:56 PM
Despite al facts presented,som fellows choose to insult Islam just because of hatred.anyway u guys can kill urselvs or liv wit it.proud to be muslim.

Report to moderator Logged

nopuqeater

Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm!
« #80 on: Today at 12:46:16 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Jesus; (2).I thought you said Jesus was that father? Why was he pettioning "father" to forgive them, except that it is self dilutional? Love from Muhammad (AS) the last prophet is measured and situation appropriate. Like Jesus, who did not love the "thief on his left", his real nature (human prophets hate dying dsbelieverd), as a human prophet of God, just like Noah to the flooded, Moses to the drowned, Lut to the brimestoned, David to Goliat murdered, so was Muhammad who hates a peson who dies in "disbelief", while the same Muhammad feel sorrow for the condemnation of the soul, because he wished that the soul was saved.

which is a greater love, lip service that does get beyond the throat and cant be manifested at the time of "proof", or the true love to a believer, though hates the disbeliever, nevertheless feel sorrow for that perished soul?

Report to moderator 208.54.87.76

jesus.

Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm!
« #81 on: Today at 07:12:24 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If u fail to show pple on Nl where i had called Jesus father on this thread/page,then u must be a slowpoke&a deluded soul.Now instead of u to debunk my post,u ignorantly turned the whole thing around.Was my post about the last words of Jesus&mohammad true/false. If true theres no love in islam [/qote]Check our #s 1, and 2 to answer your silly accusation just abve. If you didnt get it, the Christians say Jesus is God. Right? This is why you dvelop the hypothesis of trinity. Therefore Jesus is also father as well as holy ghost, though he was seen on earth as a human being by those who saw him. He did not display a single quality of God. And since he was seen, we can say he was a real ghost or spirit in the way you people say holy ghost spirit is. Am I wrong?
Funny that you are not hibernating till easter sunday, Jesus. A guy was selling me a nonsensical yesterday that the christians are now pedling the idea that Jesus was not taken on the cross friday, but some earlier day, wednesday he said, to compensate for a terrible read of 3 days and 3 nights.
I asked him if he could tell me from wednesday through sunday morning,that here was no window of opportunity to give him proper burial, specifically the friday morning all te way before sunset, if he was tellng me that that week of passover, there was an earlier sabbath before the usual fridaysunset to saturday sunset? he was dumbfounded. i have read because of him john 14 as per his request.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by jesus3: 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2010
nopuqeater:

The computer is even angry with your post that it has refused it being quoted. U based your post post on assumption. Cant u show me where i had said Jesus was father? U see twisting matters is the only thing moslems know.
What has holy spirit issue got to do with this thread? Its about showing us the love in islam,if such exists.
let me show u love.Jesus said to the woman accused of Adultery, go sin no more. What did mohammad do when they brought a woman caught in same act to him.He said she should come back and later she was killed. Who exhibited love out of the two people?
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by nopuqeater: 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2010
@Jesus: « #83 on: Today at 07:47:14 PM »
Quote from: nopuqeater on Today at 07:31:59 PM

The computer is even angry with your post that it has refused it being quoted.[/quot]How is computer angry? You live trivial world.

U based your post post on assumption. Cant u show me where i had said Jesus was father?
Is Jesus not alo the father because he is part of the trinity?

U see twisting matters is the only thing moslems know.
What has holy spirit issue got to do with this thread?
Is the holy pirit not part of trnity, and each is also the others?

[quot]Its about showing us the love in islam,if such exists.
let me show u love.Jesus said to the woman accused of Adultery, go&sin no more.
Butbefore then, Jesus' mother unmarried must have been accused of adultery (fornication for awoman who is unmarried. the same that the woman you aid Jesus forgave, unless you can proof tha she as married). How did Mary get off from being judged to be stoned to die, based on Mosaic law, which Jesus said mus be protected and practiced in totality without abolishing even a jot? Do you think the story o the womanwith Jesus was true, otherwise, he had circumvented his own statement about the laws of the prophets, and why was the event just one time with Jesus and why did the jews came to Muhammad for the same issue in Madina, after 600 years of the incident wit Jesus?

What did mohammad do when they brought a woman caught in same act to him.He said she should come back&later she was killed. Who exhibited love out of the two people?
True love is the love in obedience to the Will (commands) of God, and establishing justice for His sake. God says exactly what Muhammad (AS) did at the end, giving the wman opportunity to change her mind, if she so will. She asked for justice, voluntarily, unlike the jewish scholars who dragged the woman to jesus.Unfortunately, you did not resd the statement of Jesus in its acuracy; Jesus said sinless should throw the first stone. He Jesus did not even throw the first stone, even to symbolize many things; first that he was sinless, second since it only says the first stone, that would never have killed her, hnce he could then forgive her, since here was no one to argue for her execution and she did not confess to anything. This is contrary t what hapened to Muhammad;the woman held on to the guilt, and she cme back, again and again, knowing the consequencesof her illegal sexual act before her God. By the wy, Muhammad said she was in paradise, different from what Jesus did to the ignorant thief on the left. That was a place jesus could have shown ability to forgivesince he was annoyed by the thief. Finally Muhammad acted equally the same way to man who committed adultery, not fornication. The inners wanted justice as Godstated it in the Sunnah of the prophet. By the way, am sure if your wife is under a man in your bed, and you walked in on them, what will you do? Dont lie to me, because for an emotionally bankrupted guy like you, death is what belongs to the two.

And expresion of love, mercyand forgiveness abound in Quran, Sunnah and ahadith. The jewish woman who poisoned the prophet was forgiven based on her own reason. So was the muslim who released the secrets of the muslims to the makkans, and the makkans were forgiven, and no one from taif was killed.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by jesus3: 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2010
Why are u lying oga? If there existed forgiveness in mohammads life,he should have cursed anyone for any offence whatsoever.
Volume 2 Book 23 Number 414
Aisha said during mohammads FATAL illness May Allah curse the jews&christians. Now compare that to jesus' words to THOSE THAT KILLED HIM father forgive them. Why couldnt mohammad had said same thing/something similar? The guy mohammad must have been very very very wicked
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by jesus3: 9:16pm On Apr 03, 2010
what u posted below makes no sense at all,to say the least.Cant u read what this thread is about? Noetic and toba have separately complained of wanting to twist discussions,instead of tackling the obvious.It sums up to unreasonability on your part. If u want to discuss any issue outside the subject,kindly start a thread on it and dnt ignorantly change subject. Did the bible or unholy quran told us that Jesus mother was accused of Adultery? Note adultery is used for married folks,whilst fornication describes unmarried.Jesus couldnt have been accussed of adultery.Get that to equip your ignorant way of seeing things
nopuqeater:

@Jesus: « #83 on: Today at 07:47:14 PM »  Is Jesus not alo the father because he is part of the trinity?

[quot]Butbefore then, Jesus' mother unmarried must have been accused of adultery (fornication for awoman who is u
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2010
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by nopuqeater: 3:24am On Apr 05, 2010
@Jesus: For an incorrigible liar or a man who is dishonest, you take the cake. Below is what I typed, before you began to play the Jesus game of lies.

Is the holy (sp)pirit not part of trnity, and each is also the others?

[quot]Its about showing us the love in islam,if such exists.
let me show u love.Jesus said to the woman accused of Adultery, go&sin no more.
But()before then, Jesus' mother unmarried must have been accused of adultery (fornication for a()woman who is unmarried. the same that the woman you (s)aid Jesus forgave, unless you can proof tha she as married). How did Mary get off from being judged to be stoned to die(death), based on Mosaic law, which Jesus said mus(t) be protected and practiced in totality without abolishing even a jot? Do you think the story o(f) the woman()with Jesus was true, otherwise, he had circumvented his own statement about the laws of the prophets, and why was the event just one time with Jesus and why did the jews came to Muhammad for the same issue in Madina, after 600 years of the incident wit Jesus?
compare it to what you quoted above, which I am now copying below, which you cut off abruptly;

Quote from: nopuqeater on April 03, 2010, 08:28 PM
@Jesus: « #83 on: Today at 07:47:14 PM » Is Jesus not alo the father because he is part of the trinity?

[quot(e)]Butbefore then, Jesus' mother unmarried must have been accused of adultery (fornication for awoman who is u; you ar playing the Jesus christian card of lies. Sorry. I mean Paul's. A smart man would have known that missing a letter here and there does not distract from the essence of the argument, except that it is a poor way for you to score points. read again, sir, if you are not blind, since Jesus was a blind eye opener.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by jesus3: 9:02pm On Apr 05, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Jesus: For an incorrigible liar or a man who is dishonest, you take the cake. Below is what I typed, before you began to play the Jesus game of lies.
compare it to what you quoted above, which I am now copying below, which you cut off abruptly;

Quote from: nopuqeater on April 03, 2010, 08:28 PM
@Jesus: « #83 on: Today at 07:47:14 PM »  Is Jesus not alo the father because he is part of the trinity?

[quot(e)]Butbefore then, Jesus' mother unmarried must have been accused of adultery (fornication for awoman who is u; you ar playing the Jesus christian card of lies. Sorry. I mean Paul's. A smart man would have known that missing a letter here and there does not distract from the essence of the argument, except that it is a poor way for you to score points. read again, sir, if you are not blind, since Jesus was a blind eye opener.

Nopuqeater. Address the substance and stop chasing shadows+irrelevances.
Did mohammad placed a curse or not according the islamic hadiths? If he did,is this love for ones enemies or hatred? Jesus and Stephen in Acts 7 was being stoned to death,before he died of the stoning he said father forgive them. Why couldn't mohammad have done same? Theres no love in islam but hatred and terrorism+promiscuity.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by JIjaya: 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2010
{Lakun dini kun wali yadin}.until then,the reckoning day dat all the idiots lamenting an abusive words toward muslims will realize the facts and they would be drag and cast into blazing fire,unless they repent in the opportunity live offer them before their death.May allah help them to know.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by JIjaya: 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2010
{Lakun dini kun wali yadin}.until then,the reckoning day dat all the idiots lamenting an abusive words toward muslims will realize the facts and they would be drag and cast into blazing fire,unless they repent in the opportunity live offer them before their death.May allah help them to know.
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by mendax: 1:04am On Apr 20, 2010
jesus.:

Nopuqeater. Address the substance&stop chasing shadows&irrelevances.
Did mohammad placed a curse or not according the islamic hadiths? If he did,is this love for ones enemies or hatred? Jesus&Stephen in Acts 7 was being stoned to death,before he died of the stoning he said father forgive them. Why couldn't mohammad have done same? Theres no love in islam but hatred&terrorism+promiscuity.

@jesus,
please can u substantiate ur claim on the curse placed on the jews for me with a quote or reference? thanx
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2010
mendax:

@jesus,
please can u substantiate your claim on the curse placed on the jews for me with a quote or reference? thanx

5: 51 O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 4.660 Narrated byAisha and Ibn Abbas
On his death-bed Allah's Apostle put a sheet over his face and when he felt hot, he would remove it from his face. When in that state (of putting and removing the sheet) he said, "May Allah's Curse be on the Jews and the Christians

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 4.662 Narrated byAbu Said
The Prophet said, "You will follow the wrong ways, of your predecessors so completely and literally that if they should go into the hole of a mastigure, you too will go there." We said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you mean the Jews and the Christians?" He replied, "Whom else?" (Meaning, of course, the Jews and the Christians.)

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 4.666 Narrated byIbn Abbas
I heard 'Umar saying, "May Allah Curse so-and-so! Doesn't he know that the Prophet said, 'May Allah curse the Jews for, though they were forbidden (to eat) fat, they liquefied it and sold it."

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 4.791 Narrated byAbdullah bin Umar
I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The Jews will fight with you, and you will be given victory over them so that a stone will say, 'O Muslim! There is a Jew behind me; kill him!' "

Sunan of Abu-DawoodHadith 5186 Narrated byAbuHurayra Suhayl ibn AbuSalih said: I went out with my father to Syria. The people passed by the cloisters in which there were Christians and began to salute them. My father said: Do not give them salutation first, for AbuHurayrah reported the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) as saying: Do not salute them (Jews and Christians) first, and when you meet them on the road, force them to go to the narrowest part of it.

When the founder exhibited hatred what can we expect from loyal and dedicated followers?
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by mendax: 5:11pm On Apr 23, 2010
@toba, thanx for the references;

When the founder exhibited hatred what can we expect from loyal and dedicated followers?

i'll disregard this comment, cos i'll assume u based it on ur wrong understanding of islam.

on ur part i dont really know what u want to achieve by throwing all these accusations. its either u sincerely want to learn OR u have made up ur mind and u are trying all ur best to propagate what u feel u understand about islam(i can assure u that ur understanding leaves alot to be desired).

because i dont really understand ur motive, it would be difficult for me to reply/engage u in any meaningful discussion.

P.S: the hadithSahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 4.660 u quoted is incomplete. for the context of the hadith, i'll advise u to come back and paste it fully. thanx
Narrated byAisha and Ibn Abbas
On his death-bed Allah's Apostle put a sheet over his face and when he felt hot, he would remove it from his face. When in that state (of putting and removing the sheet) he said, "May Allah's Curse be on the Jews and the Christians
Re: Islam Preaches Love! Hmmm! by mendax: 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2010
5: 51        O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other.  And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them.  Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

@toba,

first, i want u to understand something about translating the Qur'an, because in a previous thread u accused me of lying to u because i posted a different translation. The Qur'an is originally in arabic and as such, like everyother language, if u attempt to translate a word or phrase, u can hardly get the exact meaning. For example, the first verse to be revealed in the Qur'an is Q96:1 "Read, in the name of your lord who createth". But then we have another translation, "Recite, in the name of thy sustainer who created".  you may ask whats the difference? there is a world of difference because reading is different from reciting in engllish. Reading is from a book, while reciting is like a poem or could be without a book. But the Arabic word used could take both words and using any one word does not suffice. On the otherhand, the different meanings a word could take can actually destroy the meaning, for example; if u translate a word that means 'pig', in the same english u could say 'swine' or 'cop'. Now if i say muslims shouldnt eat 'cop', someone could run around and say, muslims are not aloud to eat a policeman!. That is the main reason why muslims are proud to stil have their book in the language it was originally sent down, so that u hav the exact words that were used and evene if the translated language words, loose its meaning, u always have a reference.

Now end of of the tutorial (and hope it was helpful).

take a look at this translation from M. ASAD; 5:51 (Asad) O YOU who have attained to faith! Do not take the Jews and the Christians for your allies: they are but allies of one another [72] and whoever of you allies himself with them becomes, verily, one of them; behold, God does not guide such evildoers. [73] -  

now let me cut and paste, the exact foot note for the verse as found in that translation;

Note 72 (Quran Ref: 5:51 )
According to most of the commentators (e.g., Tabari), this means that each of these two communities extends genuine friendship only to its own adherents-i.e., the Jews to the Jews, and ,the Christians to the Christians-and cannot, therefore, be expected to be really friendly towards the followers of the Qur'an. See also 8:73, and the corresponding note.(Quran Ref: 5:51 )

Note 73 (Quran Ref: 5:51 )
Lit., "the evildoing folk": i.e., those who deliberately sin in this respect. As regards the meaning of the "alliance" referred to here, see 3:28, and more particularly 4:139 and the corresponding note, which explains the reference to a believer's loss of his moral identity if he imitates the way of life of, or-in Qur'anic terminology-"allies himself" with, non-Muslims. However, as has been made abundantly clear in 60:7-9 (and implied in verse 57 of this surah), this prohibition of a "moral alliance" with non-Muslims does not constitute an injunction against normal, friendly relations with such of them as are well-disposed towards Muslims. It should be borne in mind that the term wali has several shades of meaning: "ally", "friend", "helper", "protector", etc. The choice of the particular term - and sometimes a -combination of two termms-is always dependent on the context.(Quran Ref: 5:51 )

Now the true understanding of the qur'an can not be achieved by taking verses in isloation, as such, the references are given for the reader to go and read the other verses that relate to this one. And that is why the qur'an has a science  on understanding the qur'an

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tips For Sadaqah (charity) In Islam. / Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan / Aisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.