Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? (20369 Views)

Poll: Nigeria or your Ethnicity?

Nigeria: 52% (20 votes)
Ethnicity: 47% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi / Wike Sacks Board Of Directors Loyal To Amaechi / Photos: Thugs Loyal To PDP Allegedly Attack APC Chieftain In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by platinumnk(f): 1:28am On Sep 24, 2009
stillwater:

I would like to know from you, do you agree with your elders?
I dont think that my elders meant to degrade other tribes.
But if it was in that sense, then I don't agree with them.

But if its in my belief that they were expressing their concerns upon passing their cultural hertitage down
And its based on mainly on what happens when you marry (mainly for women)
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nigerd(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2009
udezue:

Hhmmmmm Niger d I still wasn't moved to believe you are true son of the East or Delta.

Is that Urhobo or Isoko or Ijaw?

my broda pls check this pictutre na only bfor ur eyes ooo

Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by citizenY(m): 10:23am On Sep 24, 2009
What is the message.

3 papa docs from Haiti don marry one woman?

just jiving grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by platinumnk(f): 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2009
they look like brothers and sister
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nigerd(m): 8:55am On Sep 25, 2009
citizenY:

What is the message.

3 papa docs from Haiti don marry one woman?

just jiving grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

JUST TRYING TO MAKE A POINT WITH MY BROTHER UDEZUE

platinumnk:

they look like brothers and sister

WE ARE BROTHERS AND SISTER BY REGION BUT NOT BLOOD AS BIRTH, WE ARE FROM THE SAME PLACE

WE ARE BROTHERS AND SISTER
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 9:23am On Sep 25, 2009
^
So na you be dis!

I have been looking for the person uprooting my yams and obtaining all my fowl dem! I know all of una finish!
Now I don catch you for NL! shocked

See the way that clown is fainting on Clara's waist, like who get malaria. Na wa! The guy be like who JTF don shoot. grin
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nigerd(m): 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2009
U DON COME WITH UR ABUSE, CONTINUE, I HAVE NO TIME FOR UUU, I WISH I CUD JUST C U FACE2FACE, BYE OMO IGBO
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 1:35am On Sep 26, 2009
Beaf:

^
So na you be dis!

I have been looking for the person uprooting my yams and obtaining all my fowl dem! I know all of una finish!
Now I don catch you for NL! shocked

See the way that clown is fainting on Clara's waist, like who get malaria. Na wa! The guy be like who JTF don shoot. grin

I laff so tey I nearly faint!  grin grin grin Chei Beaf! Na wa for you o!

Ol boy Niger_d make you no mind Beafgrin na so im be!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by udezue(m): 1:58am On Sep 26, 2009
LMAO grin@ Beaf

Alright Niger D, I'm convinced u be my brother from another mother. Na u be da 1 wey dey for middle? Da man I mean.

About militancy, everyone fights his own battle the way he can fight it. I cant fault them tho I know criminal elements don enter but who fault? NA NAIJA'S FAULT. Since they've been reaping benefits let the militants reap am too but honestly we gotta reorganize. There are other ways. If u ask u know already I'll prefer autonomy or outright independence. Na by force? If the North can have Sharia I see no reason why we can't what we want.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 2:45am On Sep 26, 2009
@OnlyTruth and Uduzue
Make una no mind me jare o!

@Niger_d
Oya, land make we break some kola and pour libation (but still tell that boy make 'e lef Clara waist o! grin)
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nigerd(m): 11:07am On Sep 26, 2009
@Niger_d
Oya, land make we break some kola and pour libation (but still tell that boy make 'e lef Clara waist o! grin)
[quote][/quote]

my broda bring am i don sit down ,
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by olugbon01(m): 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2009
cheesy smiley
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2009
Niger_d:

@Niger_d

my broda bring am i don sit down ,

grin
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:51pm On Oct 03, 2009
^^^^^^

LMAO!!!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by SapeleGuy: 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2009
A final quote to sum up what was a thought provoking and sometimes funny thread.

"Awolowo tried to articulate his political belief and programme for independent Nigeria. He felt the best way to run a culturally plural country like Nigeria was through the federal system of government.
This according to him will guarantee the separate development of each of the different nations and ethnic groups. He made a startling but correct statement that there were no Nigerians as there were French or Germans and that Nigeria was a "mere geographical expression" and not a nation in the European nation state sense.

Many people particularly future rival politicians were to use his exposition as evidence that Awolowo was never a nationalist but a Yoruba patriot.
In retort Awolowo always said one could not be a good Nigerian if he was not a good Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa first.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by tarano: 9:54pm On Oct 19, 2009
I am loyal to nobody but myself, I am a yoruba man period,
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by abatakan1: 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2009
ewulegend, you are not American and Definitely NOT Nigerian, you grew up in a society that recognises human right and you portrays rubbish that your loyalty?Compare to you l`m black first, African, Nigerian.Who are you?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by morpheus24: 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
Well I represent affinities in this order:

I am my ethnic group first(which represents my language)

I am Nigerian

I am West African

I am African

I am Black

Lastly A citizen of God's green earth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

"Direct Your Anger To The Right Quaters"- Garba Shehu Tells Nigerians / Buhari Seeks Approval For Foreign Loan Rejected By Senate Under Saraki / Angry Nasarawa Workers Block Emmanuel Akabe's Convoy(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.