Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? (45658 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Few In The Roman Catholic And Also Few Yoruba Revd Fathers? / Are Yorubas More Muslims Than Christains / Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
Regional overseas are usually given to pastors who started the ministry alongside the oversea.Redeem actually started in Lagos and founded by a Yoruba man.Making the probability of having Yoruba men direct the ministry fully.So also if you can check the Lord's chosen which have Igbos mostly as regional overseas.Likewise Dunamis which is been headed by an Idoma man.

4 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by DedeNkem: 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
josephni12:
I've personally noticed something peculiar to the Redeemed Christian church of God which I am not comfortable with. The Bible warns that we should not give chance for people to question our faith our unity in the body of Christ. In other churches, like deeper life, chosen, mountain on fire etc state and regional pastorship have always been of people of different tribes as the case may be,

But it's not so with in Redeemed Christian Church of God were MOST (not ALL about (86%)). of their regional / state pastors are most Yoruba's in almost every state in nigeria. Is it that the people mostly trusted to be Good pastors to handle that PARTICULAR POSITION are from one particular tribe? This is what is happening currently in our Government. Please, constructive criticism no tribalism.

Related: https://trccg.org/rccg/who-we-are/leadership-of-the-rccg/

For the fact your bible says "you should not give chance for people to question our faith", shows there's something wrong! If your religion was good you would give people chance to question it!

3 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by martineverest(m): 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
havent noticed it...maybe its because yoruba ppl are more submissive compared to other tribes

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Bgorgeous: 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
Abi all
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by manny4life(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
@OP, you may be right about them all Yorubas but I think it's all about commitment. To be a deacon in RCCG, you MUST have been in the Parish/church for at least 5 years. That's after you've gone through foundation, Baptismal and Workers in Training Classes. To even be a pastor, you have to go through more training like Bible college and so on. Finally, I think it's all about the commitment. Many are called to be pastors but only few want to respond to the call. Take for instance, my parish has over 40 deacons and deaconess, three Assistant Pastors, One Pastor and the Senior Pastor (who's also the regional pastor). Many of them don't want to graduate in pastoral level and rather, be at the lower level because it comes with a lot of responsibility

5 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Spells(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
Say no to tribalism... So long as the person leading is doing What's right, am good to go.

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
It is a general phenomena I have noticed. But RCCG is still better.

How many churches founded by igbo men of God have Yoruba pastors?

I think its just better you work with those whom you can understand better.

Besides igbos have a way of turning Church to business, they start striving for posts like its business angry angry

I am speaking from experience. You Igbos are not as tolerant as Yorubas.

If given the opportunity, u will populate the entire pastorate with your tribe and send the founder's tribe packing.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by tammie24: 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
Because ibos too like money

They are not usually as committed as their yoruba counterparts

7 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by bakynes(m): 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
The truth is that they dont just appoint regional heads based on the tribesmen from a particular region. I have attended a RCCG church and the pastor was Edo,Ben Akabueze the new director of budget is a deputy regional pastor. Before these church grew to that level many people from other tribes did not join the pastorate. I maybe wrong dont know. Yorubas are lessser tribalist than other tribes so something must be behind your observation.

7 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by chubbygal(f): 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
Op!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by wordproof: 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
WTF!..are yhu guys now taking dis shit to d church?, I sincerely don't like wat d sick bastard of Daura is doin, but bringing it now into d christendom is sickening...(even as am not into churches)...I believe in God n anytin dat has to do with God has to be approached with extreme precaution!...Op are over 90% of Rev. Fr in Catholic church not made of my brodas!(Igbos)...pls delete dis lame thread!

3 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by AxeurdaddyIX: 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
I beg you in the name of God. You can bring tribal trash on everything but do not being it into spiritual matters, federal character ( or whatever they call that stuff) doesn't apply to spiritual matters, don't heap coals of fire on your head.

4 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Kratos3364(m): 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
terrezo2002:
The Rccg does not ordain based on your tribe. The qualification is become a member of the church, go for new believer's class and baptismal class, get baptized, do your school of disciples training/school of missions/bible school. Stay for at least 5 years. Above all, you must be Holy Ghost baptized. Well you must have been filled with the holy ghost before water baptism unless you don't know what you are doing. With this u are qualified. Thank you oo brother,I wonder how people think at times
The job of a pastor is not easy. Some people reject it when call upon. It takes Abundant grace
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Midegee(m): 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
josephni12:
I've personally noticed something peculiar to the Redeemed Christian church of God which I am not comfortable with. The Bible warns that we should not give chance for people to question our faith our unity in the body of Christ. In other churches, like deeper life, chosen, mountain on fire etc state and regional pastorship have always been of people of different tribes as the case may be,

But it's not so with in Redeemed Christian Church of God were MOST (not ALL about (86%)). of their regional / state pastors are most Yoruba's in almost every state in nigeria. Is it that the people mostly trusted to be Good pastors to handle that PARTICULAR POSITION are from one particular tribe? This is what is happening currently in our Government. Please, constructive criticism no tribalism.

Too bad we getting divided along d tribal lines by day, must everything now reflect federal character? Cry of tribalism,sectionalism everywhere even in d national fball team.This paranoia feelings ll only keep derailing us as a nation

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Pray(m): 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
How does that stop the work of God?

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by honourhim: 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
Na wa for christianity of nowadays.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by mesoprogress(m): 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
Omoluabi16:
O.P you funny oh! you dey find federal character for church? anyway I doubt if RCCG churches are that much in the east. They're everywhere here in lagos and S/w, and these parishes are units under provinces. do the maths..the leaders are likely to be positioned according to God's wishes. If human sentiment occurs, then the south westerners in the church easily outnumber people of other zones.
Have you been to the east to know? What makes you think it's about easterners?

3 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by AxeurdaddyIX: 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
wordproof:
WTF!..are yhu guys now taking dis shit to d church?, I sincerely don't like wat d sick bastard of Daura is doin, but bringing it now into d christendom is sickening...(even as am into churches)...I believe in God n anytin dat has to do with God has to be approached with extreme precaution!...Op are over 90% of Rev. Fr in Catholic church not made of my brodas!(Igbos)...pls delete dis lame thread!

The Op needs a divine touch on his brain.

2 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by greggng: 7:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
Bone all this new generation churches they re ethnic related. You re in yoruba church so don't expect them to make u head if u re not from yoruba land. You can join catholic if you want fairness
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by plaetton: 7:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
sukkot:
hausas are not christians. leaving only igbo. you want rccg overseer to leave his church funds in the hand of ipad youf ? cheesy

That joke is very offensive.
Very very offensive.
angry

3 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by pneumaticos(m): 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
Most nigerians are not literate enough to make better judgement

From a cultural perspective, yorubas are more committed to religious activity than any other tribe, its rooted in their culture

The op should have started from the reason why most big ministries in nigeria are started and headed by the yorubas,

this is not rooted in the igbo culture or any other major tribe hence the reason you seeing many ministries headed by yorubas....

I think apostle suleman has spoken along this line before

4 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by phemmyutd(m): 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
That's to yell you that no one can trust Igbo in leadership, not even in Church talkless of Nation.

Now you know how u are rated

2 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
What does it matter?

When you stand before the Throne of the Almighty Himself he isn't going to be asking you about your tribe. I Hope you are aware if that.

2 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 14, 2016
so you bigots have carried una namechecking to the church? They are yorubas, so what? Are u in church to worship human being or God.
MAKE UNA REPENT O.

7 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by obailala(m): 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
josephni12:

A strange but true observation, you aren't alone in this observation.

3 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by olakan22: 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
From all indications, this post is biased. You're talking about RCCG in the third person and talking about Yorubas in the third person too. OP it indicates that you have a problem with ROs being Yoruba why? Because you're a typical Nigerian. It's not like they are not doing things well, it's not like they are low on character and leadership. Mbanu. It's because they are Yorubas.
In the body of Christ, there should be no feeling of insecurity whoever is ur leader is ur leader. So Op is a typical Nigerian in that we're all afraid of where our leaders come from. The other time it was 'the southerners that had the nation in their hand' today, 'the north is running an agenda of itself'. Outside Jesus, there's no real sense of security. You wanna be joyful and live in absolute peace, try Jesus!

8 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
sukkot:
hausas are not christians. leaving only igbo. you want rccg overseer to leave his church funds in the hand of ipad youf ?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. God 4give me. Diz is funny. Repent and turn a new leaf.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
I don't know many Yoruba rev fathers in d Catholic Church. Probably because majority of Catholics in Nigeria are Igbo. Also in Christ embassy the members of the central executive council are all from Edo state like pastor Chris oyakhilome, because they were foundational members & have been in the ministry longer working wt him.

Only a twisted person will start bringing tribe into d matter.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by misterjosh(m): 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by 9inches(m): 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2016
This Op sef. Don't be afraid to call a spade a spade. This is someone's business you are talking about. He reserves the right to run it the way it suits him. Go and start your own.

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
Omoluabi16:
O.P you funny oh! you dey find federal character for church? anyway I doubt if RCCG churches are that much in the east. They're everywhere here in lagos and S/w, and these parishes are units under provinces. do the maths..the leaders are likely to be positioned according to God's wishes. If human sentiment occurs, then the south westerners in the church easily outnumber people of other zones.

as if religion has not finished the brains of most Nigerians already, he nows wants to add tribalism to the religion to totally render the Nigerian brain irredeemable (pun intended)

2 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by 4nobody4every1: 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
sukkot:
hausas are not christians. leaving only igbo. you want rccg overseer to leave his church funds in the hand of ipad youf ? cheesy

JUST KIDDING. ITS A CORRUPT ESTABLISHMENT WITH CORRUPT PEOPLE IN IT. MY OPINION
Hian, now l am sending the KGB after you for your comment, l will arrive Russia air space from planet Jupiter with your bio - data and KGB will head to UK to arrest you, expect my team in 48 hours tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ogun Todaju / TB Joshua Made Childless Couples To Exchange Spouses –ex-worker / Salvation Ministries Collapse: 10 Persons Dead, 8 Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.