Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Ruben Abati And His Unislamic Statement On Gani's Burial. - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruben Abati And His Unislamic Statement On Gani's Burial. (1767 Views)

Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh / Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruben Abati And His Unislamic Statement On Gani's Burial. by Jarus(m): 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2009
Bashbaba:

Oga Jarus,

Where is my post of this morning?
I have no idea of where your post is. Maybe spambot has auto-deleted.
Re: Ruben Abati And His Unislamic Statement On Gani's Burial. by olabowale(m): 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2009
« #28 on: Today at 11:25:34 AM »
What a show of naivity in the hypocritic month of rammadan
I wonder what all this means except conjecture, a baseless statement. In the Month od Ramadan, should muslims die or close their eyes to evil against Islam?

@Nezan: I wonder if you realised that the verse 71 of Surah Mariam was talking about all mankind; muslims and nonmuslims alike must pass over it and then there will be a torque movement going on. It will shear under all the nonmuslims and the among of the hypocrites and evildoers among the muslims, when they are over it, trying to pass.

And the muslims evildoers and what ever from the amount of the hypocrites Allah Wishes to forgive will be brought out, remaining the rest, and the complete body of disbeliefs; Christians, Jews, Hindus, Taoists, confusionist, Buhddists, etc and of course the atheisst and agnostics.
Re: Ruben Abati And His Unislamic Statement On Gani's Burial. by Bashbaba(m): 10:28am On Sep 18, 2009
z-murda:

I laughed when I saw this. Common this is the 21st century bro. I know your religion does not allow freedom of speech, however I think the Nigerian constitution makes an effort to. It would be quite easy for another religious bigot to whip up sentiments against Mr Abati and Guardian on this, which is what you are doing.
He is allowed to say whatever is on his mind. For one, I think the custom of rushing to bury a corpse is antediluvian. This system is used hide a myriad of crimes and murders. I think corpses should be subjected to autopsies to establish causes of death.
I don't know what you are talking about Muslim leaders being buried same days. I for one know some emirs who died outside the country and were brought back into Nigeria some days back for burial, so also were some muslim 'world' leaders (read emir of Ilorin, Sadat, Arafat and yes Fahd!).
[color=#990000]Gani's wish was not to be buried at the same day. Surely, as a good muslim he saw something wrong with such practice that was clearly why him and his family went against this practice.[/color] Will he go to jahannam because of this? I seriously doubt it.

I laughed when I saw this.

I am sure that I laughed more than you did .Your response shows that majority don’t really read in between the lines, jump into conclusion  and start to reply. May be I will recommend that you read again.

He is allowed to say whatever is on his mind.

Ofcourse , Abati can say whatever he wants in as much as what he is saying is nothing but  the truth .If otherwise, people will definately tell him what is supposed to be the truth. And that, we have done.

I don't know what you are talking about Muslim leaders being buried same days.

I never said Muslims or Muslim leaders must be buried same day of their death .You might need to read again so as to comprehend what I said .What I said, simply put, was that their burial must not be extended more than the stated period in Islam .This does not necessarily means a day .It could be two or more. It all depend on the circumstances .If you need to know more ,do not hesitate to ask questions.

]Gani's wish was not to be buried at the same day. Surely, as a good muslim he saw something wrong with such practice that was clearly why him and his family went against this practice.[/color]

For all I care,Gani could have said he doesn’t want to be buried at all .It is a free world: modern day where everyone decides what is good for himself or herself.Our problem is that word ‘revised’’ that Abati employed in his write up . He should have simply said what he wanted to say as to how he , Gani wanted to be buried but not resulting to falsehood against the religion .Islam is a complete way of life .It might even surprise you that in Islam, you don’t have a wish .Once you subscribe to it ,you follow what is therein in its entirety .Your wish is taken care of already.You need no will bcs your will is written in the Quran.You need not bother about your burial but the Muslim ummah has what to follow and will Insha Allah give you a befitting burial that will make you to meet Allah in peace.

Funny.As a good mulim you said?.Can anyone be good muslim more than Muhammed (SAW) ?Things like that does not exist in Islam. Somebody could be more catholic than the pope if popacy is being politicized but definitely if you are more muslim than Muhammed SAW,your religion is not Islam. If he was indeed as you have claimed, He should have founded his religion.May be Protestant?. For those BURIAL rites they displayed are not of Islam and goes against the tenets of Islam.

Will he go to jahannam because of this? I seriously doubt it.

We are not to judge but to tell some of our brothers who could be gullible as far as the religion is concerned .For them to note that what they have done to Gani’s  remain is not worthy of emulation by  Muslims and for people like Abati to know that Islamic principles were never and will never be revised .It was completed, sealed  and delivered .Neither addition nor subtraction is welcomed .Multiplication,mutilation ,revision and re-revision is not allowed in Islam .A league of Muslim Nations  will never be called to revise Quran as the other people did few weeks ago

You seriously doubt? May be that is your judgement  spelt in rhetoric. Unlike you, I have no doubt in me that Allah will definitely put him where he belongs. He does what He wills .I don’t spell his judgement. I spell whatever He says.He knows where to put him, I lack knowledge of it but im sure He will be just with him.

noetic2 link=topic=322668.msg4534497#msg4534497 date=1252834228:

sometimes one wonders if the fanatics and islamists that come up with these ridiculous assertions have any formal education at all?
Gani excercised his rights by refusing to be buried like any muslim Reuben simply did what he was paid to do. . . . .so why the fuss?
what a religion!

When has it becomes fanatism and terrorism to correct  somebody you know have said something wrong. I never thought that saying what is right to put the record straight could  ever be synonymous to lack of formal education rather possession of it .If truly that is what the people that has been brainwashed called lack of education , then ,education is not worth acquiring and people like me will prefer to be an illiterate for my entire life!.

Gani excercised his rights by refusing to be buried like any muslim Reuben simply did what he was paid to do. . . . .so why the fuss?
what a religion! [/color]

My brother you are very correct .We share the same opinion here .Gani excercised  his right and that is fine and no fuss. HE REFUSED TO BE BURIED AS A MUSLIM .And not that Islamic ethics and principles were revised .BUT ABATI has not done his job very well because he was not payed to misinform or feed the general public with lies. He needs to do his home works and researches bcs pen is just like the bullet but more deadlier than bullet particularly when handled by prolific writer such as Abati. Once something is released from it, it destroys more than gun

Re: Ruben Abati And His Unislamic Statement On Gani's Burial. by Nezan(m): 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2009
Make una stop this holier than thou attitude and allow Gani . . . . . hypocrites! angry
Re: Ruben Abati And His Unislamic Statement On Gani's Burial. by olalekan1(m): 9:29am On Sep 29, 2009
This section is "Islam for Muslim" I dont know what a non muslim is looking for in here!
Re: Ruben Abati And His Unislamic Statement On Gani's Burial. by Nezan(m): 11:00am On Sep 29, 2009
And I wonder what keeps muslim mujahideen on the Christian section . . undecided . . .?
Re: Ruben Abati And His Unislamic Statement On Gani's Burial. by Arabambi1: 9:28am On Oct 01, 2009
If Reuben have the inalienable right to freedom of speech to write about something he is not well-informed about, the Muslims too have the same right to reply Reuben and educate him in the process. Even if the Holy book had highlight the God's approved way of doing things in this world, he's also given you the freedom to choose between what is right & wrong

but in all, do we blame Reuben and others? No; But the family of Gani who out of self-willed decided what we can't verify that Gani says this and that? This is what happen when you your wife or some of your children are xtians while you remain a muslim.

Above all, May ALLAH forgive Gani and every one of us
Re: Ruben Abati And His Unislamic Statement On Gani's Burial. by Nezan(m): 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2009
Are we still on this?
Re: Ruben Abati And His Unislamic Statement On Gani's Burial. by fizzybaba(m): 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2009
Nezan:

Are we still on this?

still on it. telling you guyz what u dnt knw
Re: Ruben Abati And His Unislamic Statement On Gani's Burial. by Nezan(m): 11:31am On Oct 03, 2009
Like what and what?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Our Imams Are Not Donating Anything To Fight Against The Virus / In Memoriam - Prayers For The Dearly Departed / Is There Not A Creator?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.