Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,781 members, 7,810,036 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) (76626 Views)

₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City / See Inside The Most Expensive Hotel Suite In The World— $83,200 (N26 M) A Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by nikkyshyne(f): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
Jos... Sweet memories...
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Princeojua(m): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
First picture is not Jos. Jos has just one flyover along Goodluck Jonathan toad by Bukuru road or Ferin Gada. what I see in the pic is not Jaytown.
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by CaptainRahl(m): 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
I am Jos(tified)!
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
The arnachists called "fulanis" have succeeded in destroying the peace'n'quiet and beauty of Jos. The ball is in the court of the indigenes to take back your state of lose it forever!

2 Likes

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
Another thing again you don't know about Jos, the culture, this pics are dancers known as the "isharuwa" originally of the iguta or anaguta popularly called naraguta people of Jos north, why is it special? the energetic moves, rhythm and style that comes with this dance no be here. No wonder u have it on the N100 note.
Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/josaddress/4667015667/in/photostreak

3 Likes

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Abagworo(m): 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
The beauty of Jos lies more on its natural environment than the city itself.
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by bezimo(m): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
I had my high school in Jos for 6yrs, so I tranversed the city pretty well. It was such a nice city, I remember the famous Terminus market, the biggest covered market in W.Africa. It was nice in there untill those useless hausa fulani destroyed the serenity and beauty of Jos environment with riots and bomb blasts in the early 2000s. The city has not recovered since then.
I remember rayfield, Asop falls.Wonderful city.

1 Like

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Paperwhite(m): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
ENIMONEY:
I miss jos
Nne will you go with me? I mean will you be my friend? Jos is my home town-Bassa LGA.
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by princefaculty(m): 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
J-town baibie, I'm so so JOStified and I'm proud to belong!

1 Like

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Paperwhite(m): 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
Abagworo:
The beauty of Jos lies more on its natural environment than the city itself.
Stay put with your Imo State bro.

1 Like

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Paperwhite(m): 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
bezimo:
I had my high school in Jos, so I tranversed the city pretty well. Its was such a nice city, I remember the famous Terminus market the biggest covered market in W.Africa. it was nice in there untill those useless hausa fulani destroyed the serenity and beauty of Jos environment with riots and bomb blasts. The city has not recovered since then.
I remember rayfield, Asop falls.Wonderful city.
Nostalgic feelings man.That is my land of nativity.
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Paperwhite(m): 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
princefaculty:
J-town baibie, I'm so so JOStified and I'm proud to belong!
Welcome guy.We're in it together.

1 Like

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by princefaculty(m): 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
Princeojua:
First picture is not Jos. Jos has just one flyover along Goodluck Jonathan toad by Bukuru road or Ferin Gada. what I see in the pic is not Jaytown.

You sure have not been there in a while, there is a flyover at gada biu that's along farin gada road and a new one at secretariat junction that's after Plateau politechnic Jos campus
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by iamNifemi(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
kenny905:
If not for religious crisis, jos would have one of the top 3 cities in naija
But gaskiya, it's not!
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Almaiga: 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
freemanbubble:
just dey hype jos as if say na heaven.
there is nothing sweet about jos. there is no state that is not expensive in this administration.
infact every state got their own uniqeness
if i write about Edo state ehhnn! you go fear
fear and you go read tire
you wan try the unique valley when surround benin city
the only city that is boldly written on Nigeria map. BENIN CITY!
for those who attend catholic church, the first mass in the whole of africa was said in the ancient city of BENIN

How on earth can you compareJos with Benin? Benin is one of the worst state that i've been to. Poor infrastructure, no drainage system, Crime, lawlessness, i can go on and on. Jos on the other hand is a beautiful City with good infrastructure, tourist destinations, cheap food, law abiding citizens, beautiful environment e.t.c

10 Likes

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Paperwhite(m): 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
HomeOfMe:
The arnachists called "fulanis" have succeeded in destroying the peace'n'quiet and beauty of Jos. The ball is in the court of the indigenes to take back your state of lose it forever!
They have not sis-infact the resilient spirit is still there.I'm a native-believe me.Those idiot have been put where they belong.Except in places like Bukuru,Riyom LGA no recurrent crisis anywhere.
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by PraiseGyps(f): 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
freemanbubble:
there is nothing sweet about jos. there is no state that is not expensive in this administration.
for those who attend catholic church, the first mass in the whole of africa was said in the ancient city of BENIN

Bros, we have just two kingdoms in the world..
The United Kingdom and the Benin Kingdom. Long live the kingdom of Benin and the Oba
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
Dandsome:
I remember Jos was so peaceful before the hausa fulanis came to seize the state from the indigenes by force. But the finally woke up from their slumber
Those I know from there said the sound of gunshots is no longer shocking, they call it "ring tune".Singing in MI's voice "better get your gun,better get your vest cos in J-town its a wild wild west" no thanks to the hausa/Fulani beasts.Yet they say the union is not negotiable? I stand by the equality and freedom of all Nigerians.
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Paperwhite(m): 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
God bless you well OP for projecting J-town for what it is.Visitors please come explore nature here.Lets project other places also-variety is the spice of life.
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
Paperwhite:
Nostalgic feelings man.That is my land of nativity.
I feel your pain brother,all will be well.
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Paperwhite(m): 10:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
Princeojua:
There are the ones @ Gada-Biu,Secretariat Junction etc
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Paperwhite(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Oluwalosheleyi:
I feel your pain brother,all will be well.
Yeah-amen dear.We're still alive-the Lord'll keep us that way.Thanks
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Nowenuse: 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
freemanbubble:

Bros, na Benin i dey stay. Am schooling here and there's absolutely nothing to write home about Benin.
Very unfriendly and rude natives, a lot of backward and diabolical people. Very tribally minded individuals. Even the various Edo tribes do not like each other and never agree on anything. Very harsh weather and unfriendly terrain.
Been in Benin for 4 years now and av had nothing to show to say this is the reason i love Benin. Nothing.

9 Likes

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
Jtown means (J)os (O)ur (S)avior cos we are JOStified for Christ..
We preach Jesus here.. From

Gada-Biu
Katako
Apata
Mr.Ali
Busa-Buji
West of Mines
Rukuba
Hwolshe
Bukuru
Rayfied
Gold & Base
Old Airport
Angwan Rogo
Angwan Soya
Tina Junction
Chobe
Terminus
Farin Gada
Tafawa Balewa
Rwang Pam Stadium
Bauchi Road
Atili
Farin Gada
Permanent Site
Standard
Kabong
Zaramangada
Miango Junction
Hilcrest
Zaria Road
Ecwa Staff
Jankwano
Panyam Street
Eyamba Street
Moonshine
Mararaban Jama
Secretariat Junction
Kwararafa

If i nor call ur place, abeg forgive me..

This is my town.. Luv it

8 Likes

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by theSpark(m): 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
Orestino:
E wan fine reach Abeokuta?

Jos is more tolerable than Abeokuta. I don't think Abeokuta is 'fine' in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Nowenuse: 10:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:
OP thumbs up to U oooooo.

But going by the pics I see here & what U said about the city, There Is no much difference between Jos & IlorIn.

Apart from the obvious fact that Ilorin is more peaceful & a bit more expensive

Bros, u cannot really compare Ilorin with Jos.
Jos is bigger than Ilorin, more developed than Ilorin. If i list the amount and calibre of people that Jos has produced, both indigenes and non-indigenes. Ilorin is nowhere near it.
Jos has a better and more beautiful landscape than Ilorin. The weather in Jos is fantastic. Its like the london in Nigeria.

Of course, Ilorin is more peaceful, because the indigenes of Jos refuse to allow hausa-fulanis dominate or capture their land just as d fulanis did to Ilorin. If we allow them rule ovee Jos, trust me, Ilorin will not match half of Jos in peacefulness.

11 Likes

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by bbjummy: 10:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
Princeojua:

Where do we really call jos on d Plateau?
Jos South or jos North
That first picture was taken along the police staff college towards mararaban jama'a on your way from hypan or Riyom. Check it well again, it's part of jos South
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by junnyjake(m): 10:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
Princeojua:

I agree with you, that picture is not Jos.

But the one around secretariat junction is completed.
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Skymiyke(f): 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2016
Am thorough bred Jos Girl!

#Dat shrt black girl from Jos#

2 Likes

Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by junnyjake(m): 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
CaptainRahl:
I am Jos(tified)!
Really? Good to be Jos(tified) isn't it?
Re: All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) by Gofwane(m): 10:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
God bless plateau state, my home sweet home.

#missing the love at home!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Christmas's Village Home To All Christian Tourists... Photos / G20 Summit: Donald Trump's Motorcade Vs Vladimir Putin's Motorcade In Japan / Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.