Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... (31089 Views)

What Chances Of Success Does A 2.2 LLB Holder Has? / A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities / What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Mcowubaba: 6:50am On Jul 16, 2016
johnwizey:
When i read about Zahra Buhari failing her exams last year and had to re-sit this year before finally passing, i see some folks abusing her, calling her dullard lyk his father. To those folks, dis post is for you. Failing doesn't really means one is dull or unserious, so many factors comes to play.
I don't think this logic applies to the Buhari's Family...
They may really be du..ll..ds o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by obiak4(m): 7:55am On Jul 16, 2016
johnwizey:
When i read about Zahra Buhari failing her exams last year and had to re-sit this year before finally passing, i see some folks abusing her, calling her dullard lyk his father. To those folks, dis post is for you. Failing doesn't really means one is dull or unserious, so many factors comes to play.
Well said but i can't imagine been in zahra shoe and failing any exam oooo(not about influencing the result ooo)
When i can get the best of teachers best study materials, no worries about light to jack, fuel now na #200+,food i have plenty Choice to choose from, and this are factors that affect the common. Man who is trying to make Something of our sour education.
So what excuse for her Failure if not like father like.............

3 Likes

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Scharck(m): 8:15am On Jul 16, 2016
nnamdi1993:
u can bro,if ur cgp was above a 3.0

Taaaaaa. I finished with 2.77 on a 5.0 scale from a state uni. I just got admission for M.Sc in a federal uni.

3 Likes

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by nnamdi1993: 8:18am On Jul 16, 2016
Scharck:

Taaaaaa. I finished with 2.77 on a 5.0 scale from a state uni. I just got admission for M.Sc in a federal uni.
wow...wat university
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 16, 2016
princedami:
@ DavidGodwin Was it a professional course you studied?
B. Sc. Accounting
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Scharck(m): 8:23am On Jul 16, 2016
ksbusari:
I feel ur pain. its happens in most of Nigerian universities. I av experienced such Bt wasn't a victim. u don't av problem as long as u can defend that 2:2 grade.#Alubarika loju

What annoys me particularly is that some 2:2 grads, who claim to know that your grade is not a real measure of one's ability, will become an employer tomorrow and make 2:1 the minimum the yardstick for employment.

2 Likes

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Scharck(m): 8:26am On Jul 16, 2016
nnamdi1993:
wow...wat university
Finished from Lautech. Admitted to OAU.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by ksbusari(m): 8:43am On Jul 16, 2016
Scharck:

What annoys me particularly is that some 2:2 grads, who claim to know that your grade is not a real measure of one's ability, will become an employer tomorrow and make 2:1 the minimum the yardstick for employment.

Naso e be o
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 9:35am On Jul 16, 2016
nnamdi1993:
u can bro,if ur cgp was above a 3.0

Ok thanks. smiley
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 9:38am On Jul 16, 2016
sinaj:
u can do masters since u scored up to 3points.

It's those that got below 3points in cgpa that can't go for masters
They can't go at all? Or them still get hope? :O
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 9:46am On Jul 16, 2016
DavidGodwin:

B. Sc. Accounting
Ok. Was just wondering why you wanted to leave a job and start business. How about doing business part time until it is strong?
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 9:50am On Jul 16, 2016
Scharck:

How come bro?
Sinaj did you see this? Nd nnamdi1993
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by sinaj(f): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2016
princedami:

They can't go at all? Or them still get hope? :O
lol they still get hope smiley

I think u will do one year pgd b4 going for masters
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by sinaj(f): 10:00am On Jul 16, 2016
princedami:

How come bro?
Sinaj did you see this? Nd nnamdi1993
lol mayb his dad is the VC of the school.

Or he has long leg

Or he is prolly lying
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by nnamdi1993: 10:02am On Jul 16, 2016
sinaj:

Or he has long leg

Or he is prolly lying
lolz
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2016
sinaj:

Arrghh.. Making 1year + another 18months.. Smh..sad
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Doyin400l(m): 10:06am On Jul 16, 2016
nnamdi1993:
Correct me if am wrong, first class-excellent,2.1-above average, 2.2-average,3rd class-below average,den we have pass. I am a 2.2 graduate from a federal university in nigeria.i graduated with a 3.46.if result was to be given according to how serious one was in school,i would have made a first class. The way most companies see us,like all of us 2.2 graduates just went to school to play which is a lie. Yes most people go to school to play,even 2.1 graduates to but the 2.1 done cover them up.while i was in secondary school,i was the top of my class,but when i enter university and started seeing some of my results,it seemed to me as if i was dumb if not that in my 3rd year and final year i had very high cgp's.i worked very hard to make it up but no way. A friend i met in 3rd year which before we met he wasnt on a 2.1 finished with a 2:1.i could remember vivdly well in my 2nd year,we did matrixes as a course. A friend of mine came to seat with me because he was scared of the course,i helped him that day to the point that i knew all the six questions while we were to ans five,i did my five and solved the last one for him on my question paper so he would copy four from me and write the one i solved. To my surprise the result came.i had an E in a 3unit course he had a 8. I wasnt happy so i went to meet my adviser,he told me point blank not to pursue it but if i insist,i would pay 5k and still wait one year for the remarking. So i just took his advice because i no fit get money to eat talkless of five k. I had 3 A's and some Bs that when a friend saw my result,i saw my gp, he was pissed of. I know what it takes to come out with a first class or a 2.1 and i say kudos to them but i have seen people in my department who hardly come to school,all they do is school politics and at the end bought 2:1 from my adviser for 250k. I too had that link to buy, but where i go get that kind money from. My friend who came out with a 2,1 knows that i am even capable of a first class but certain circumstances would allow it. God factor also goes along way because if by jacking and seriousness alone,many of us would have made first class. There is a saying 'na who pass know book'.thats the nigerian mentality but its a wrong one. To all 2;2 graduates out there,dont feel bad when you see job adverts saying 2:1 minimim, God would bless you when its your time. Olajumoke no get degree but God help am. Be patience e never reach your turn yet. To all 2.1 graduates,kudos e no easy at all. Una time go still cum.3rd class no worry blessing go come one day. To employers. Give all of us a platform to try our luck then pursue us if we fail rather than tagging us failures before we even try.2.1 or 2:2, i know am good b wasnt lucky Cc; lalasticlala
If I may ask, was your Cgpa up to 3.4 after your 300l ? I need to give an instance.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 16, 2016
princedami:

Ok. Was just wondering why you wanted to leave a job and start business. How about doing business part time until it is strong?
I've not served yet. So at this point, I'm concentrating on my business pending service. In essence, what am saying is I will never wait for employment, since I already have something in my hands.

2 Likes

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 10:10am On Jul 16, 2016
sinaj:

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by sinaj(f): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2016
princedami:

yea that's just the disavantage.

Itz just like havin an extra year.

But it worth it tho.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by nnamdi1993: 10:12am On Jul 16, 2016
Doyin400l:

If I may ask, was your Cgpa up to 3.4 after your 300l ? I need to give an instance.
nah...if u read closely,i said sometin abt my 200 level n remarking. My 200l really messed up my gp.cus i wrote in d same pattern i wrote wen i had a 4pt in 3rd yea,bt dnt knw hw dey marked dat tin
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 10:13am On Jul 16, 2016
sinaj:

Or he has long leg

Or he is prolly lying
Hahaha. I lafta o. grin grin . You never can tell if ur 3 allegations are true about him
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2016
sinaj:
yea that's just the disavantage.
Itz just like havin an extra year.

But it worth it tho.
Ok. If you say so. smiley
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 10:17am On Jul 16, 2016
DavidGodwin:

I've not served yet. So at this point, I'm concentrating on my business pending service. In essence, what am saying is I will never wait for employment, since I already have something in my hands.
Oh! Now I get you. That great a thing to do. I pray your business grows bigger than dangote's at the end.. Good luck bro. smiley
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by sinaj(f): 10:18am On Jul 16, 2016
princedami:

Ok. If you say so. smiley
yea smiley
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Doyin400l(m): 10:31am On Jul 16, 2016
nnamdi1993:
nah...if u read closely,i said sometin abt my 200 level n remarking. My 200l really messed up my gp.cus i wrote in d same pattern i wrote wen i had a 4pt in 3rd yea,bt dnt knw hw dey marked dat tin
It almost impossible or miracle for a cgpa less tha 3.4 after the semi final if to enter a 2'1 unless such has an astronomical 5.0 gpa in the final year.
Never the less, all hope is not lost please just don't limit your potential to an A4 certificate. Look inward and think of what you can do to achieve self reliance. Channel your brilliancy towards thinking out of the box. Go out of your comfort zone, meet new people, go to places you know you can meet the highly connected individual. In All Please Don't Limit Yourself Only To Your Course of Study...Put your eyes on other things also I.e the owner of Peace Mass Transit studied political science but succeeded in transportation business.
God is your strength!
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:06am On Jul 16, 2016
Its not by 2.1, I graduated with a cgpa of 4.1 from unilorin and i am currently working in a firm and hoping to move to a bigger firm. Don't lose hope bro, it will surely come.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Etizz: 11:07am On Jul 16, 2016
Right now I have a good job but seriously not with my certificate....

These days 2.1 cry, 2.2 cry.....

Just do something additional to dat certificate....
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 16, 2016
DavidGodwin:

Bros forget dat tin! [b]If some of us had her kind of father, do u think I'd not have graduated with 1st class? She has the money, she has everything she needs. [/b]I'm not saying one can't fail, no! But I'm telling you most of those who passed the "law exam" were poor men's children who could barely feed while in school! Don't blame Nigerians if they accuse her. It's not their fault. It's a shame she failed. Quote me anywhere!
how intelligent - so you didn't come out with first class because your father isn't the president ?? Well she failed too because her father is the president and not poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by otokx(m): 11:08am On Jul 16, 2016
We should not overlook networking during job hunting.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 16, 2016
vickodedon:
Same tin happening to me bruv buh our difference is "I am still in school". Wat shld I do
don't just push to make it a 2 1. Make it close to a 4 pointer say 80 percent.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 16, 2016
DavidGodwin:

Bros forget dat tin! [b]If some of us had her kind of father, do u think I'd not have graduated with 1st class? She has the money, she has everything she needs. [/b]I'm not saying one can't fail, no! But I'm telling you most of those who passed the "law exam" were poor men's children who could barely feed while in school! Don't blame Nigerians if they accuse her. It's not their fault. It's a shame she failed. Quote me anywhere!
how intelligent - so you didn't come out with first class because your father isn't the president ?? Well she failed too because her father is the president and not poor.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dada Oluwaseyifunmi Kenny: FUOYE Student Killed By Police (Matric & Corpse Photo / Career Day At Idorenyin Legacy Schools, Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Crazy 2nd Semester Activities On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.