Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... (31086 Views)

What Chances Of Success Does A 2.2 LLB Holder Has? / A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities / What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
Tobium1:
3.46 and u are pained, what way shld I feel, as I graduated with 3.49. Anytime I. Think of my result I feel like crying. God will bless us

Don't cry about that. Prepare your CV or Resume and highlight things you are good at. Those are your selling points. Go get a job or get self employed. Don't waste time crying about history. History cannot change. Future can be determined by what you do NOW. Never cry about this result again.

2 Likes

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by odamaken(m): 1:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
You are very correct it doesn't happen LIKE this in foreign countries, meritocracy,equity,fair play and justice should be the yardstick for selection not some sick bought result that you can't defend
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by nnamdi1993: 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

Dude you really need to change your attitude. It isn't helping at all. There is nothing like luck in this world. You aim at what you want. I will stop writing. You are in an education thread as a graduate and your word spellings are terrible and casual. Nobody will take you serious. You need to MAN UP! Take responsiblity.
I am writing you from Experience! I got 2-2. My wife got 1st class from the same University. Our attitudes to life are different. I have quizzed her about the 1st Class and seen exactly where I made my mistakes and got 2-2.

I only sympathise because I too struggled with this your same attitude.
d moment u said der's nothing like luck in dis world,i stopped reading.its ur kind dat blivs dat ur waking up today is by ur power.u deserved u 2:2
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
nnamdi1993:
its he who wears d shoes dat knws wer its painin him...like i said in d topic a friend once sat wit me during matrix exam i rili helped hm dat day,he got a B i got an E. I some pple wer nt lucky

And where is it Legal for 2 of you to copy each other? This is your mistake.

Do your exams alone! Stop copying or allowing yourself to be copied. It is psychologically destructive. It shows you are just lazy. Were you both not given 1 exam script each? You face your work, key him face his. You didn't read what he read. He now USED YOU to jump to higher marks and left you behind. You damaged yourself.

Dude. Face your challenges. Prepare well BEFORE EXAMS.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by bayulll011(m): 1:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

Go and study politics. This is your country. Who formed quiet?

Because we are not a family, that is why Buharu kept quiet. He does not care. None of us care.

Now u are missing the point,I agree with what u mention about this country not a nation,I agree to that,I personally don't see the reason why people should be forcefully married together,nigeria will never work and it will not work,we are so divided.

Yes Nigeria is fan statically corrupt that's not arguement u are only bittered that is comming from Cameron,it is only in Nigeria someone one because he's fortunate to be in seat of power will divert 2billion monthly into his private pocket and u the citizen will see it at normal,do u see what happen in turkey yesterday the citizen are not Docile,here in Nigeria u are Docile and silly to even praise your governor for constructing road

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
nnamdi1993:
d moment u said der's nothing like luck in dis world,i stopped reading.its ur kind dat blivs dat ur waking up today is by ur power.u deserved u 2:2

There is Favour. Favour is given by God. God favours the ones he loves and who love him.

Luck is a gamble. It does not require God. Rolling a dice or flipping a coin is Luck.

So which do you choose?

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by marxwellerr247(m): 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
M e e h n ! ! I love everyone here , post make sense, 4 d intellectuals, cheer up guys,

In addition, try and learn a very good skill to back up urself

CERTIFICATE NA PAPER , and u don't paste it on ur face
dem no dey write fesclas or 2.1 etc 4 face

so DAT when cert fails, u mek use of skill
cuz u are in comptvtv society

I am using my skill now, and is paying me more
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by nnamdi1993: 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

And where is it Legal for 2 of you to copy each other? This is your mistake.

Do your exams alone! Stop copying or allowing yourself to be copied. It is psychologically destructive. It shows you are just lazy. Were you both not given 1 exam script each? You face your work, key him face his. You didn't read what he read. He now USED YOU to jump to higher marks and left you behind. You damaged yourself.

Dude. Face your challenges. Prepare well BEFORE EXAMS.
ok...i no get strength to dey folo u talk dis one
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
nnamdi1993:
ok...i no get strength to dey folo u talk dis one

And that is your attitude! You run away! And hope to LUCKILY get First class or fantastic job...
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

If one reads English for Maths Exam, the person will fail. It is not by Reading Well-well. It is by reading and learning what is spefically required for the First class.

If a First class person was sat beside you and you both were given the same exam questions, he will complete more answers than you. If you asked him how he knows all this answers, he will say he read it in this or that book or hand out.

Question: Did you read the books and handouts that he read? If you were reading different set of materials how do you expect to pass this one specific exam? What were you reading when he was reading his own materials? And HOW did he know WHICH materials to read and WHERE to find them?

This is the mistake 2-2 people make. They start off by dissociating themselves from First class people. Then they are unconnected and lost. They read a lot of irrelevant material. And cannot answer JUST what is required for the PARTICULAR exam.

as much as i hate to admitt...u r right....very correct and on point...uve said it as it is
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by taylor88(m): 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
DavidGodwin:
I feel your pain bro. Please encourage yourself in the Lord. I've heard of a 3rd class graduate who became a lecturer in a university. I've seen where those with 2:2 became lecturers. U and I are witness to some posts of 2:1 graduates who were looking for jobs with placards. Don't lose hope in urself. Meanwhile, I advise u go for ur masters. Develop yourself with a skill too. This will definitely help u. I had a 2:1, sincerely, I doubt if I'll use my certificate. I already have a job. Just waiting for NYSC then God's grace I'll start up my biz. Good luck, sir!

good afternoon bro...

if a graduate with poor result like pass, 3rd, and 2:2 go for pgd then msc..

while on msc he embraced himself up and com out wt a good grade

going bk 2 labour market won't employers still mk a little refrence to his 1st degree

tnx
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
witorwitoutyou:
So Kiwa ni ka se si

Awa la ni ko ya olodo ni,well just joking anyways..like I av always said,its not written in any scriptures(Quran or bible) dt one success is attached to d grade u come out with.Oto ni iwe,Oto ni owo...Dey re two diff tins

I av a guy with 1stclass in engineering,searched for job almost 3years,yet no job,went further for his Msc,cane out with 1st class again,yet Notin uptil now,though we re still hopin for better days,to cut d story short,if it were to b grade,My padi suppose don get job tey tey

The moral of d story,try ur best and seek God's favour to crown ur effort.Dts all
Maybe your padi get toooo much biggggg eyeeeeee. And is looking for who will pay him 250K for his first class.
Most people who remain jobless after graduation are usually people who are too concerned about the value an employer will add to them but employer's are actually looking for employees who will add value to their organization
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by vickodedon(m): 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
Aspireahead:

learn a skill...no, learn so many skills...photography, website design, graphic design, driving, video editing,fashion design...learn any skills that comes your way....make friends, no chose friends that improve...go for self development trainings...and finally hook your self to a mentor...only then do you have a right to graduate.
So wat are you gonna be teaching me??
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Aspireahead(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2016
vickodedon:

So wat are you gonna be teaching me??

ogbeni...am telling you what I would do if it was possible to roll back time even to my year 3.

YouTube is the biggest and largest source of knowledge... I learnt website design through it...now learning graphics design, SMM, photography and French through it too. use your MB for something worthwhile.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
Kudos to the OP for this post. This is absolutely correct. I graduated last year with a 2:2 and I know I tried my possible best too. I know some coursemates then that didn't know jack buh bought their ways into 2:1 grades. I believe the employers shld give everyone the chance to prove their worth rather than discriminating. there are graduates out there with good grades that can barely speak correct English or construct simple sentences. God help us in this country.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Srallens(m): 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
princedami:

Oh! Wow! What course did u studied and which uni offered you admission?
. Physics B.Sc. But your CGPA must b greater than 3.0 or at least 3.0.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Prestigenedu: 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
vickodedon:
Same tin happening to me bruv buh our difference is "I am still in school". Wat shld I do
Start learning skills like ICT and any other skills you can learn while schooling.... It's an advantage you shouldn't miss. Your NYSC is another great opportunity to learn more skills and perfect the already acquired skills. Good luck
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
nnamdi1993:
Correct me if am wrong, first class-excellent,2.1-above average, 2.2-average,3rd class-below average,den we have pass. I am a 2.2 graduate from a federal university in nigeria. I graduated with a 3.46.if result was to be given according to how serious one was in school,i would have made a first class. The way most companies see us,like all of us 2.2 graduates just went to school to play which is a lie.

Yes most people go to school to play,even 2.1 graduates to but the 2.1 done cover them up.while i was in secondary school,i was the top of my class,but when i enter university and started seeing some of my results,it seemed to me as if i was dumb if not that in my 3rd year and final year i had very high cgp's.i worked very hard to make it up but no way. A friend i met in 3rd year which before we met he wasnt on a 2.1 finished with a 2:1.i could remember vivdly well in my 2nd year,we did matrixes as a course. A friend of mine came to seat with me because he was scared of the course,i helped him that day to the point that i knew all the six questions while we were to ans five,i did my five and solved the last one for him on my question paper so he would copy four from me and write the one i solved. To my surprise the result came.i had an E in a 3unit course he had a 8. I wasnt happy so i went to meet my adviser,he told me point blank not to pursue it but if i insist,i would pay 5k and still wait one year for the remarking. So i just took his advice because i no fit get money to eat talkless of five k. I had 3 A's and some Bs that when a friend saw my result,i saw my gp, he was pissed of. I know what it takes to come out with a first class or a 2.1 and i say kudos to them but i have seen people in my department who hardly come to school,all they do is school politics and at the end bought 2:1 from my adviser for 250k. I too had that link to buy, but where i go get that kind money from. My friend who came out with a 2,1 knows that i am even capable of a first class but certain circumstances would allow it. God factor also goes along way because if by jacking and seriousness alone,many of us would have made first class.

There is a saying 'na who pass know book'.thats the nigerian mentality but its a wrong one. To all 2;2 graduates out there,dont feel bad when you see job adverts saying 2:1 minimim, God would bless you when its your time. Olajumoke no get degree but God help am. Be patience e never reach your turn yet. To all 2.1 graduates,kudos e no easy at all. Una time go still cum.3rd class no worry blessing go come one day. To employers. Give all of us a platform to try our luck then pursue us if we fail rather than tagging us failures before we even try.2.1 or 2:2, i know am good b wasnt lucky.

If I should evaluate you based on your written English,I would say you're dumb!On the other hand,who am I to judge you.Instead of trying to attract sympathy or pity,why don't you prove yourself beyond your certificate.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Eltymob(f): 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
I think so many people on this forum need to get their facts right in order not to mislead the younger ones here. For those saying a 2.2 graduate can only be admitted for MSc if his/her gp is 3.0 and above, pls which university said that? I graduated from OAU with a gp less than 3.0, got admitted for MSc in a course different and even superior than my first degree at University of Ibadan, and right now i'm on my doctorate, and also working in a renown NGO! So pls, get your facts right. Do your best to graduate with a good grade, and if you don't, maybe because of one reason or the other, do not let anyone put you down. You can still be who you want to be, God and determination are what you need.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by kasmax(m): 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
sinaj:
Serzly the school system is so corrupt. Evn the lecturers are not helping matters with their sorting ish.

You will see a student that comes to class only wen there is test or exam dragging the same grade with you that didn't miss a lecture for one day.

Most times I wonder if they don't pay these lecturers well for them to rely on sorting.

Even if they give you a grade you don't deserve and u apply for remarking, they will see you as a rebel and start threatening you.

My advice for Nigerian students, is for them to try and come out with a good grade you can defend outside the school.

For those with 3rd class nd 2.2, just make sure you can defend it.
Av come to notice that 3rd class nd 2.2 excel more in the society than those with 1st class.

Because they buckle up, trying to please their employers unlike most 1st class that rely on their certificate to pave way for them.
agree
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by nnamdi1993: 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
nyben4eva:

If I should evaluate you based on your written English,I would say you're dumb!On the other hand,who am I to judge you.Instead of trying to attract sympathy or pity,why don't you prove yourself beyond your certificate.
me dumb? Lol...alright ooo
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 2:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Above 3.0 can do a direct M.Sc, though there are courses (in Nigeria) that requires a straight 2.1. Example; Occupational Health Safety.

Below 3.0, a PGD is attained first.
How about Agricultural science [fisheries and aquaculture]?
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
Thanks for that piece @ Eltymob God bless.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
Srallens:
. Physics B.Sc. But your CGPA must b greater than 3.0 or at least 3.0.
Hmmm.. Ok.
Am actually studying fisheries and aquaculture
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Sleekyshuga(f): 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2016
princedami:

How about Agricultural science [fisheries and aquaculture]?
M.Sc, you mean?

I think it's still 3.0.

princedami:

Hmmm.. Ok.
Am actually studying fisheries and aquaculture
Ask your senior colleagues. They'll be of great help. BTW, that's a fine lucrative discipline but underrated in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by hitchowoyemi(m): 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
princedami:

But I heard that someone with a 2.2 can't do Msc directly that he/she has to do PGD->MSC->PHD... I don't get it. Can you say something about that?

I finished with a 2-1 so I cannot say that i'm a 100% sure of hw the PGD works, but to the best of my knowedge, if one finishes with a 2-2 greater than or equal to 3.0, one could proceed for masters in almost all universities.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by allenuzoma(m): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2016
uniben...above 2.4 GPA...Masters!
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Raymarkable(m): 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree. It would go through all its life believing that it is stupid.
albert Einstein

we have totally lost the real reason for education. education is suppose to enlighten you. open your eyes and brush you up. But we go to school just so we can get a job. And we allow the four walls of the school put tags on us. It tags us 'F' and we accept that we are therefore failures and if it tags us 'A' We are are no longer failure. but funny truth is, life does not come in MCQs or essays. life does not come in equations and theories. a lot can happen during an exam. I could blank out, I could be tense and forget something or maybe I remember 5 minuets before the collect the script. I might get a C but maybe if they had given me an extra 5 minuets I would have had an A . but the system would tag me average. and funny thing is education does not test your intelligence. It just test your ability to remember. They are no innovations in education. They are only ability to remember what I was thought by someone who remembered what he was thought by someone who remembered what he was thought. I could go on and on and on.
I know a boy in my school who couldn't even graduate. people laughed at him and called him a dullard. but when he sings. you'd stare in marvel. If music was what he was reading. If his assessment where songs he we was suppose to write and perform I'm sure he would have been top of his class.

I quote again.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree. It would go it's whole life believing that it is stupid.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Longman6(m): 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
ijobawise:
.............hmm first class in M.Sc.............boss na yhu ooooooooooo..wia did dey gv first class in masters degree...smh for yhu shocked tongue grin
They give it in ui,it is called distinction,and ui recently awards it,though it won't be written on ur certificate.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by lastmessenger: 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
Bros I kneel down greet you. Which way na? Can you teach me your business.i have a job but this corporate slavery is killing.am thinking of launching out soon but the business idea I have not gotten.i need you to teach me your biz.
Osgilliat:
Corruption has eaten deep in every sector.. Because I didn't follow the band wagon of paying for grades I found myself where I don't want to be 2.2. And since then I have lost interest in furthering the yeye education and now I'm making money that even someone in the bank sector with first class and a lot of working hours can't make.
Don't let that grade deceive you. You are better than that.. White collar job is over rated in Nigeria, some people just like the idea of putting on the slavery suits everyday saying they are going to office just for going sake, while you can put on your jeans and shirt and still make your money.whenever I go to bank.. I always see the staffs there as corporate slaves in suits disguise.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Boldstar(m): 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
OP, same with me too. I was fire in primary and secondary school but I graduated with a CGPA of 3.40 in university. I think this is not a problem because our intelligence is still there. We just need to consciously tap into it and create success for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Longman6(m): 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
Eltymob:
I think so many people on this forum need to get their facts right in order not to mislead the younger ones here. For those saying a 2.2 graduate can only be admitted for MSc if his/her gp is 3.0 and above, pls which university said that? I graduated from OAU with a gp less than 3.0, got admitted for MSc in a course different and even superior than my first degree at University of Ibadan, and right now i'm on my doctorate, and also working in a renown NGO! So pls, get your facts right. Do your best to graduate with a good grade, and if you don't, maybe because of one reason or the other, do not let anyone put you down. You can still be who you want to be, God and determination are what you need.

I agree with you,ui itself doesn't discriminate between types of 2:2 or 2:1,I wonder why other schools dat have lesser postgraduate rush discriminate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Michael Arimanwa, Rector Of Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri / Dada Oluwaseyifunmi Kenny: FUOYE Student Killed By Police (Matric & Corpse Photo / Career Day At Idorenyin Legacy Schools, Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.