Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... (31090 Views)

What Chances Of Success Does A 2.2 LLB Holder Has? / A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities / What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 16, 2016
majekdom2:
how intelligent - so you didn't come out with first class because your father isn't the president ?? Well she failed too because her father is the president and not poor.
Ur logic is shallow. Very shallow

2 Likes

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 16, 2016
princedami:

Oh! Now I get you. That great a thing to do. I pray your business grows bigger than dangote's at the end.. Good luck bro. smiley
Amen... Thanks bros. I wish U all the best too,

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by opsyswagg: 11:12am On Jul 16, 2016
3rd class are Getting job more than the first class people 2-1 and 2-2 see let me tell u.. is what u have in ur brain will judge bro ALL WE JUST NEED IS PRAYER AND FAVOUR.. PLS DONT FORGET TO CHECK MU SIGNATURE THANKS

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Srallens(m): 11:14am On Jul 16, 2016
Kewt:
Well said. Nigerian employers place too much emphasis on academic qualifications..

This shouldn't be. Little wonder the late Gani Fawehinmi graduated with a third class yet became a legal icon.

So many guys I know with 2.1 but can not defend it. It's so sad!
. Like seriously? I've never heard or read this before. It's al about the will
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 16, 2016
DavidGodwin:

Ur logic is shallow. Very shallow
That's because you are un intelligent and cannot figure out the sarcasm in the post. My point is simply, because her father is the president and perhaps have enough money does not mean she cannot fail. If one's family pedigree is the main basis for one's academic success, then the children of the very rich and affluent ought to always come out with first class. This is not to say some don't and the ones that don't are not serious. It's just that mental capacity varies and that's what you should understand first. That you are not from a rich background is not an excuse for your failure in life.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by KingRex1(m): 11:17am On Jul 16, 2016
But OP if u be young entrepreneur looking for best professional services. u go employ 2.2 over 2.1?

3 Likes

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:18am On Jul 16, 2016
2-2 graduate cry.
Nobody said you are lazy. You are not lazy. However what the employers want is results. Resources and opportunities are low. You and your friends were sent into the universities To solve the issue of First Class degree.

Within 5 years, some of your colleagues found the solution anyhow-anyhow. But you didn't. hence you 2-2.

What the employer sees between you and your First class colleague is that given a set of circumstances, he will produce he answer/result faster than you will. So they keep taking him.

The solution now is for you to find a skill or job or anything else that you are good at. Anything else you can get First Class in. Farming. sewing, taxi driving, Masters Degree, Runs,.... Go and find out what you can get First Class in January to December. 24/7.

Use that to "market" yourself.

Many comedians are just great at jokes. hence they survive through that means

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 11:20am On Jul 16, 2016
witorwitoutyou:
So Kiwa ni ka se si

Awa la ni ko ya olodo ni,well just joking anyways..like I av always said,its not written in any scriptures(Quran or bible) dt one success is attached to d grade u come out with.Oto ni iwe,Oto ni owo...Dey re two diff tins truth

I av a guy with 1stclass in engineering,searched for job almost 3years,yet no job,went further for his Msc,cane out with 1st class again,yet Notin uptil now,though we re still hopin for better days,to cut d story short,if it were to b grade,My padi suppose don get job tey tey

The moral of d story,try ur best and seek God's favour to crown ur effort.Dts all
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Osgilliat(m): 11:22am On Jul 16, 2016
Corruption has eaten deep in every sector.. Because I didn't follow the band wagon of paying for grades I found myself where I don't want to be 2.2. And since then I have lost interest in furthering the yeye education and now I'm making money that even someone in the bank sector with first class and a lot of working hours can't make.
Don't let that grade deceive you. You are better than that.. White collar job is over rated in Nigeria, some people just like the idea of putting on the slavery suits everyday saying they are going to office just for going sake, while you can put on your jeans and shirt and still make your money.whenever I go to bank.. I always see the staffs there as corporate slaves in suits disguise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Srallens(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2016
princedami:

But I heard that someone with a 2.2 can't do Msc directly that he/she has to do PGD->MSC->PHD... I don't get it. Can you say something about that?
. Not true. I was offered admission for masters with 2.2.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by nnamdi1993: 11:23am On Jul 16, 2016
KingRex1:
But OP if u be young entrepreneur looking for best professional services. u go employ 2.2 over 2.1?
i wld give both a platform to show case wat dey have n pick d best rather dan branded d other a failure
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by martineverest(m): 11:24am On Jul 16, 2016
op,y are you crying?....if u were serious,u would have graduated with second class upper......this is d cry of 2.2 graduates:they claim that they are highly intelligent(which could be true),but they wont tell u how they were unserious during their university days.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 11:25am On Jul 16, 2016
johnwizey:
When i read about Zahra Buhari failing her exams last year and had to re-sit this year before finally passing, i see some folks abusing her, calling her dullard lyk his father. To those folks, dis post is for you. Failing doesn't really means one is dull or unserious, so many factors comes to play.
belive me finance is one of the factors that causes failure but if in this (conditions) if i my say she still failed ?? Haba? ,are you telling me you have never canoulled some 1 who failed in this condition...
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 16, 2016
majekdom2:
That's because you are un intelligent and cannot figure out the sarcasm in the post. My point is simply, because her father is the president and perhaps have enough money does not mean she cannot fail. If one's family pedigree is the main basis for one's academic success, then the children of the very rich and affluent ought to always come out with first class. This is not to say some don't and the ones that don't are not serious. It's just that mental capacity varies and that's what you should understand first. That you are not from a rich background is not an excuse for your failure in life.
U are entitled to your own opinion. By the way, I see no correlation with the thread and Buhari' s daughter's SHAMEFUL FAILURE. Anybody can fail. But having a rich parent who can afford the luxury of life should boost your morales on studying and doing your best. Unfortunately this is a privilege most rich men's children abuse.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Malakh: 11:30am On Jul 16, 2016
you people believe you are educated but what you dont know is you've been indoctrinated, how can people depend on certificates to survive, well that's worldly people, funny thing is that's the pattern with all the youths, yet you people believe you are smart because you have first class n all that crap, smart indeed, bunch of dumb educated fools.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by bayulll011(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2016
witorwitoutyou:
So Kiwa ni ka se si

The moral of d story,try ur best and seek God's favour to crown ur effort.Dts all

Why graduate with first class and still look for job,why can't he lecture he seems very bright,2.1 1.1,2.2,2.3 to me is a grade and we can't all graduate with all those grade.

Look inward and look at what u can do for urself
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by martineverest(m): 11:32am On Jul 16, 2016
johnwizey:
When i read about Zahra Buhari failing her exams last year and had to re-sit this year before finally passing, i see some folks abusing her, calling her dullard lyk his father. To those folks, dis post is for you. Failing doesn't really means one is dull or unserious, so many factors comes to play.
the funny,ironic and hypocritic part is that:most ppl that were bashing her are still the same ppl crying in this thread
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by tommy9: 11:33am On Jul 16, 2016
3rd class nko?
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by bayulll011(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
2-2 graduate cry.
Nobody said you are lazy. You are not lazy. However what the employers want is results. Resources and opportunities are low. You and your friends were sent into the universities To solve the issue of First Class degree.

Within 5 years, some of your colleagues found the

Lol ur post is very First class Abi,what a shame no wonder this nation will not grow,so first class will solve solutions faster
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Geogeo1: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2016
I am a victim of this... I am presently working in a Bank with my 2:2(3.48), Uniben to be precise. Read Economics and Statistics, i recently went for a merchant bank interview, where i did very well, according to the insider, but to my dismay, when my document got the Chairman of this Merchant Bank, i was told that the bank does not accept a 2:2 grade. I wept when i got this information. I believe one day, i will get a better job, since my present job is still intact. My brother, don't worry, God will locate you one day, even with the 2:2 grade.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by TeeFriz: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2016
Op i can relate sad
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Longman6(m): 11:38am On Jul 16, 2016
This issue is quite simple.op life is not fair,let me explain.I finished with a 2:1from ui,while in school I saw some guys read in d library all day,yet failed to make a 2:1,very little passed well,some played carefully and made 1st class.But those grades won't matter 5years from now,but before then you would be faced by difficulties,people would look down on you,infact you will look down on yourself sometimes(don't deceive ur self)but one thing is sure your life is up to you,once you give up u are gone..guys girls,get internships,volunteer,pray, take your self out when depressed,get knocked down 70times and never give up even if reality says otherwise.Five years later,d difference would be clear,nobody is going to give you a chance to live the life you want even with a first class.#ui takes 2:2for all couses except economics,even if u are coming from "Abuja local university"'no discrimination.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by donhils: 11:40am On Jul 16, 2016
This is exactly the case of a lot of 2.2 graduates.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by martineverest(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2016
opsyswagg:
3rd class are Getting job more than the first class people 2-1 and 2-2 see let me tell u.. is what u have in ur brain will judge bro ALL WE JUST NEED IS PRAYER AND FAVOUR.. PLS DONT FORGET TO CHECK MU SIGNATURE THANKS
are u encouraging ppl to graduate with 3rd class to get a job?...smh
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 16, 2016
Well Op u have a point its not easy. But why do we have to blame one thing or the other for our predicaments. Una go dey claim say 2.2 better pass first class.
I personally in my 200L i messed up big time... and then i realised i had to sit up. As at 300L i was still in 2.2 and i made up my mind to jack up.
I read lik a fool, morning and night, sleepless nights.
And today i can say i thank God and i made a 2.1

if we worked, we go reach 2.1
We dont hav to blame anybody

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 16, 2016
DavidGodwin:

U are entitled to your own opinion. By the way, I see no correlation with the thread and Buhari' s daughter's SHAMEFUL FAILURE. Anybody can fail. But having a rich parent who can afford the luxury of life should boost your morales on studying and doing your best. Unfortunately this is a privilege most rich men's children abuse.
you are still getting the wrong. Your pedigree is not a prerequisite for success in most cases. Failure is not an end. It's an opportunity for you to see where you got it wrong, work on it and be successful. Rich people fail, strong businesses fail but when they are termed as "failure" is when they don't get back up. Stop allowing your sentiments affect your thinking and judgements. You are worst than a failure if you are critic about one's failure with your sordid reasons.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by martineverest(m): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2016
Osgilliat:
Corruption has eaten deep in every sector.. Because I didn't follow the band wagon of paying for grades I found myself where I don't want to be 2.2. And since then I have lost interest in furthering the yeye education and now I'm making money that even someone in the bank sector with first class and a lot of working hours can't make.
Don't let that grade deceive you. You are better than that.. White collar job is over rated in Nigeria, some people just like the idea of putting on the slavery suits everyday saying they are going to office just for going sake, while you can put on your jeans and shirt and still make your money.whenever I go to bank.. I always see the staffs there as corporate slaves in suits disguise.
but there were students that graduate with higher grades without paying for it
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2016
Srallens:
. Not true. I was offered admission for masters with 2.2.
Oh! Wow! What course did u studied and which uni offered you admission?

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2016
martineverest:
are u encouraging ppl to graduate with 3rd class to get a job?...smh
Gain Understanding!!!
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by martineverest(m): 11:47am On Jul 16, 2016
Geogeo1:
I am a victim of this... I am presently working in a Bank with my 2:2(3.48), Uniben to be precise. Read Economics and Statistics, i recently went for a merchant bank interview, where i did very well, according to the insider, but to my dismay, when my document got the Chairman of this Merchant Bank, i was told that the bank does not accept a 2:2 grade. I wept when i got this information. I believe one day, i will get a better job, since my present job is still intact. My brother, don't worry, God will locate you one day, even with the 2:2 grade.
sorry bro......... Better offer will come
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by OlujobaSamuel: 11:48am On Jul 16, 2016
op, yours is even better, mine is worse, I had a lower credit(hnd) (double jeopardy), anyway to me, it's a call to higher task, although I played with my time back in school, that some of my lecturers don't believe my gp whenever they ask, I help in project works and even give guides on some difficult areas to pals and I'm always eager to go out to meet the best in class to learn from them, but I'm never serious with exams and I never failed a paper(what an irony).
Today, I'm on verge of having a professional certification in accounting(ACCA), starting my CIPM very soon. my result can't hold me back, what it means to me is you are never good enough on this course imo(lecturers), but you can still make it with it, because if that certificate is completely useless, the school would have expelled you before now, so value it, see what you can get with it, and move on. Money/Success will come bro if you are dedicated enough.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Aspireahead(m): 11:49am On Jul 16, 2016
vickodedon:
Same tin happening to me bruv buh our difference is "I am still in school". Wat shld I do

learn a skill...no, learn so many skills...photography, website design, graphic design, driving, video editing,fashion design...learn any skills that comes your way....make friends, no chose friends that improve...go for self development trainings...and finally hook your self to a mentor...only then do you have a right to graduate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dada Oluwaseyifunmi Kenny: FUOYE Student Killed By Police (Matric & Corpse Photo / Career Day At Idorenyin Legacy Schools, Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Crazy 2nd Semester Activities On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.