Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... (31082 Views)

What Chances Of Success Does A 2.2 LLB Holder Has? / A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities / What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Scharck(m): 9:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
Eltymob:
I think so many people on this forum need to get their facts right in order not to mislead the younger ones here. For those saying a 2.2 graduate can only be admitted for MSc if his/her gp is 3.0 and above, pls which university said that? I graduated from OAU with a gp less than 3.0, got admitted for MSc in a course different and even superior than my first degree at University of Ibadan, and right now i'm on my doctorate, and also working in a renown NGO! So pls, get your facts right. Do your best to graduate with a good grade, and if you don't, maybe because of one reason or the other, do not let anyone put you down. You can still be who you want to be, God and determination are what you need.

I told them o but they said your daddy has to be a VC
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
Realslimshady:

to be honest I studied hard (not hard enough ) with the mass failure at my school. last semester, just 2 persons were able to hit first class in the whole faculty of science 100level,anyway that's not an excuse I'm sure and I pray it should be far better this semester

please do oo....
study hard and God will do d rest
Chemistry and mass failure na Twins everywhere
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 16, 2016
egedem:
eyaaah the likes of !!solomon!! Born and inbred hater and killjoy
Wetin u dey talk?
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
vingeophysicist:
unizik political science,geological science and Biochemistry lecturers are bunch of sadist. but political science is no 1 in ranking
I cant advice my enemy to seek admission in polsci Unizik. Prof Egboh is a character. U will see results like E, E, E, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, F, D, D, D, F, F, F, F, F, E, E, E, E, E, D, C, C, D, E,E etc. The question is- how can one make good grades from this learning environment?

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
Oga 1st class, 2:1 or anytyn no guaranty anybody success. Na God tyns

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 17, 2016
marxwellerr247:
M e e h n ! ! I love everyone here , post make sense, 4 d intellectuals, cheer up guys,

In addition, try and learn a very good skill to back up urself

CERTIFICATE NA PAPER , and u don't paste it on ur face
dem no dey write fesclas or 2.1 etc 4 face

so DAT when cert fails, u mek use of skill
cuz u are in comptvtv society

I am using my skill now, and is paying me more
what do you do?
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by dlashondra(f): 2:40am On Jul 17, 2016
princedami:

But I heard that someone with a 2.2 can't do Msc directly that he/she has to do PGD->MSC->PHD... I don't get it. Can you say something about that?
not in all schools ,some university accepts 2.2, and also your course of study can determine that too

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 5:44am On Jul 17, 2016
Scharck:

I applied like every normal person. That's how. Got a coursemate who's almost rounding up his own program at UI. Guess what? He finished with 2 point something too. So I don't see the basis of this no Master's for CGP less than 3.0.

I tire o. But some of them say it depends on your course of study. Thanks anyway. smiley
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by princedami: 5:46am On Jul 17, 2016
dlashondra:

not in all schools ,some university accepts 2.2, and also your course of study can determine that too

#datbarrackgirl ok thanks.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Scharck(m): 7:38am On Jul 17, 2016
princedami:

I tire o. But some of them say it depends on your course of study. Thanks anyway. smiley

That, however, is something I don't know about.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by stephano100(m): 9:05am On Jul 17, 2016
Geogeo1:
I am a victim of this... I am presently working in a Bank with my 2:2(3.48), Uniben to be precise. Read Economics and Statistics, i recently went for a merchant bank interview, where i did very well, according to the insider, but to my dismay, when my document got the Chairman of this Merchant Bank, i was told that the bank does not accept a 2:2 grade. I wept when i got this information. I believe one day, i will get a better job, since my present job is still intact. My brother, don't worry, God will locate you one day, even with the 2:2 grade.
Wow ecostat for real! Please bro what set?
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by stephano100(m): 9:16am On Jul 17, 2016
Aspireahead:

learn a skill...no, learn so many skills...photography, website design, graphic design, driving, video editing,fashion design...learn any skills that comes your way....make friends, no chose friends that improve...go for self development trainings...and finally hook your self to a mentor...only then do you have a right to graduate.
LOL @ right to graduate.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by taylor88(m): 9:32am On Jul 17, 2016
DavidGodwin:
I feel your pain bro. Please encourage yourself in the Lord. I've heard of a 3rd class graduate who became a lecturer in a university. I've seen where those with 2:2 became lecturers. U and I are witness to some posts of 2:1 graduates who were looking for jobs with placards. Don't lose hope in urself. Meanwhile, I advise u go for ur masters. Develop yourself with a skill too. This will definitely help u. I had a 2:1, sincerely, I doubt if I'll use my certificate. I already have a job. Just waiting for NYSC then God's grace I'll start up my biz. Good luck, sir!

bro plzzz check ur quotes and answer ma question plzzzzz
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 17, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

I wish you can search this same internet through Google and come up with peoples experiences when they were interviewed by Bill Gates for a job at Microsoft.

Do you think Bill Gates is one daft lucky rich guy?
He will ask you questions that will make you shit right there in the interview room. And the worst part is that He himself can answer ALL those hard questions he is asking you. Hence, He is trying. to extract from you what it is that you know BETTER than him. Only then will he employ you.

Have you read the Encyclopedia Britannica from Page 1 of Vol 1 to Page 1000 Of Vol 20? Bill Gates did it as a kid. This is part of his attitude that makes him the richest man in the world.

Prepare well. Read hard. There is nothing like luck. Do your best and hand over to God.
chairman luck really exist .when I was in school I know of several individual that strife to make 2-1 and could not meet up,not because they where not dedicated and diligent towards there goal. To me I call it Grace but the writer of this topic see it as luck. I also had a friend back in my school days that failed several courses due to his health and I could recall vividly a good friend of mine, both of us read together but she later graduated with 2- 2(3.495) and I graduated with 2-1(4.0) and I was even among top three student in my department. people where surprise why she made that grade coupled with the fact that we virtually do everything together (assignment, studying, e. t. c). Let me use Christian Ronaldo as a case study, at least you can't dispute the fact is a dedicated and hardworking dude. At the beginning of his career , when football scout visited his childhood club the intention of the scout was to pick just one kid from his club, and he made its known to them that the match he(scout) is to fix for them, that the highest goal scorer is to be selected. Ronaldo and his friend had One goal each ,at the latter end of the match the friend had a glaring chance to score after dribbling the goalkeeper but he decided to pass the ball to an incoming Ronaldo to score and that was the decider of his future. luck played a role there but I call it Grace. Assuming his friend scored the goal his friend would have been picked.The only advice I have for Nnamdi 1993 is always be prepared and diligent with your well work plan for the future so as to wipe out any form of waiting for luck to be at the forefront of your future ambition plan.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 17, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
Wetin u dey talk?
I don even knw sef probably finished my weed den. What I meant was ur dept na "Akpor" dept with lecturers like solomon. Just go to futo and ask of solomon physics dept.
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 17, 2016
egedem:
I don even knw sef probably finished my weed den. What I meant was ur dept na "Akpor" dept with lecturers like solomon. Just go to futo and ask of solomon physics dept.
happy sunday
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
taylor88:

good afternoon bro...

if a graduate with poor result like pass, 3rd, and 2:2 go for pgd then msc..

while on msc he embraced himself up and com out wt a good grade

going bk 2 labour market won't employers still mk a little refrence to his 1st degree

tnx
2:2 with M. Sc isn't bad sir. U will still be employable.
I also got this from someone;

For 3rd class though, you can't do msc .you either have to do PGD or wait to acq some number of yes experience in d field b4 u can do msc
As per job prospect, the nig environment is a competitive one.a lot of pple justling for d few available jobs.an employer ll want to pick d best.if u ve 3rd class or pass,start acq other cert to boost it.aca, PGD,MAC, MSC,CITN,etc.d sky is ur spring board. I ve a friend who is currently on his Masters & is still running open uni because he has 3rd class
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Realslimshady(m): 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
Misskaycee21:

please do oo.... study hard and God will do d rest Chemistry and mass failure na Twins everywhere

ha! thanks for d heads up

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by taylor88(m): 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
DavidGodwin:

For 3rd class though, you can't do msc .you either have to do PGD or wait to acq some number of yes experience in d field b4 u can do msc
As per job prospect, the nig environment is a competitive one.a lot of pple justling for d few available jobs.an employer ll want to pick d best.if u ve 3rd class or pass,start acq other cert to boost it.aca, PGD,MAC, MSC,CITN,etc.d sky is ur spring board. I ve a friend who is currently on his Masters & is still running open uni because he has 3rd class

tnx 4 reply

I've a 3rd class from university of calabar

wanna do my pgd in uniport then masters

my BIG question now is

after getting d above qualifications will employers still spot d 3rd class or now rate me wt d msc

will they still feel like dis guy had 3rd class let's attend to ppl who graduated with 2.1 then msc to 3rd class pgd to msc

while that lapses still b there

tnx
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by taylor88(m): 5:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
DavidGodwin:

tnx 4 reply

I've a 3rd class from university of calabar

wanna do my pgd in uniport then masters

my BIG question now is

after getting d above qualifications will employers still spot d 3rd class or now rate me wt d msc

will they still feel like dis guy had 3rd class let's attend to ppl who graduated with 2.1 then msc to 3rd class pgd to msc

will that lapses still b there

tnx
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 18, 2016
egedem:
oooooo so u sabi dat idiot Solomon. dat my slapped me in my third yr
Re: The Cry Of A 2.2 Graduate... by emyrald91(m): 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2016
princedami:

But I heard that someone with a 2.2 can't do Msc directly that he/she has to do PGD->MSC->PHD... I don't get it. Can you say something about that?

in most schools, MSc isn't a grade thing. it's a point thing. some pick 3.0 CGPA. some 2.7, some higher points and vice versa.
find out from the school of your choice. all the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Michael Arimanwa, Rector Of Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri / Career Day At Idorenyin Legacy Schools, Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Dada Oluwaseyifunmi Kenny: FUOYE Student Killed By Police (Matric & Corpse Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.