Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia (59276 Views)

Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" / Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey / Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by NairaMinted: 2:14am On Jul 16, 2016
Sibel Edmonds & James Corbett speak about this Military attack in Turkey happening 6 months ago. According to them, this is a US/CIA/NATO reverse engineering of Erdogan. Their prediction is that he will be replaced by someone much worse, and the Turkish people will pay dearly for this

Sibel's prediction starts at min 26:04 (with a History lesson from the beginning of how this came to be)

Cc: Scully95 Your angle of viewing the situation here..

Goodnight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxvPfWkYyUo

West Prepares to Replace Their Puppet in Turkey
corbettreport 105,794 views
SUBSCRIBE146,605
1K406
Published on Dec 22, 2015SHOW NOTES AND MP3: https://www.corbettreport.com/?p=17317

Sibel Edmonds of BoilingFrogsPost.com joins us once again to discuss the ongoing "reverse engineering" of Erdogan by the NATO/CIA/Kurdish/Israeli/Russian forces that oppose him. We talk about the hypocritical and nearly-unanimous coverage of Erdogan's abuses and how and why this narrative is converging now to finish the US/NATO task of removing him from office to usher in a more pliable puppet.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Turco: 2:14am On Jul 16, 2016
tdayof:
live stream and a friend who went back home.

And? Feed me please, if you have last minute news. Thank you.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by tdayof(m): 2:16am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

Thank you for your sharing. It was three hours ago what you've shared. Everything is under control at the moment.
it's actually live. They are just reviewing things that happened .
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by tdayof(m): 2:17am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

And? Feed me please, if you have last minute news. Thank you.
https://twitter.com/agirecudi
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by tdayof(m): 2:18am On Jul 16, 2016
NairaMinted:
[s]Sibel Edmonds & James Corbett speak about this Military attack in Turkey happening 6 months ago. According to them, this is a US/CIA/NATO reverse engineering of Erdogan. Their prediction is that he will be replaced by someone much worse, and the Turkish people will pay dearly for this

Sibel's prediction starts at min 26:04 (with a History lesson from the beginning of how this came to be)

Cc: Scully95 Your angle of viewing the situation here..

Goodnight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxvPfWkYyUo

West Prepares to Replace Their Puppet in Turkey
corbettreport 105,794 views
SUBSCRIBE146,605
1K406
Published on Dec 22, 2015SHOW NOTES AND MP3: https://www.corbettreport.com/?p=17317

Sibel Edmonds of BoilingFrogsPost.com joins us once again to discuss the ongoing "reverse engineering" of Erdogan by the NATO/CIA/Kurdish/Israeli/Russian forces that oppose him. We talk about the hypocritical and nearly-unanimous coverage of Erdogan's abuses and how and why this narrative is converging now to finish the US/NATO task of removing him from office to usher in a more pliable puppet.[/s]

Another pro-Russian video.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by csamii: 2:18am On Jul 16, 2016
Yep! I can see him alright via fox news. It seems ok for now or pretending to be ok.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Turco: 2:18am On Jul 16, 2016
tdayof:
it's actually live. They are just reviewing things that happened .

My friend I have no idea what we're discussing here. It is 04:18 am here and Erdogan is on TV alive in Istanbul.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Missy89(f): 2:20am On Jul 16, 2016
tdayof:
Another pro-Russian video.

Lol grin
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Missy89(f): 2:22am On Jul 16, 2016
Cant wait for what conspiracy theorist will cook up with this
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Turco: 2:22am On Jul 16, 2016
Missy89:
Cant wait for what conspiracy theorist will cook up with this

Me either.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by quickly: 2:27am On Jul 16, 2016
Turkey or this president is allowing Syrians and ISIS supporters into europe. Look at what happenened in france it was from syrian refugees and turkey is allowing them entry to start their stupidity.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by romme2u: 2:30am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

Guys, don't believe everything you've heard so far. I've just watched Erdogan on air(1 minutes before my quote). He is OK and was talking about what is going on here and everything is OK here.

He just finish addressing the nation, the place looks rowdy.

this is a serious power game between the turkish government, the US and the Russians. Kerry visits moscow to meet putin and lavrov, while erdogan is in air attempted coup fails with more local support for erdogan. he gives a speech promising to clean the army.

this looks more like a coordinated scheme to give erdogan more popularity and support from the people and within government circle. Erdogan is consolidating power, strengthening his position and gaining more international support.

#interesting and amusing at the same time undecided undecided
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Turco: 2:33am On Jul 16, 2016
romme2u:

He just finish addressing the nation, the place looks rowdy

Yeah place was shelter of Atatürk International Airport in Istanbul. That's why it looks rowdy. Are you currently in Turkey?
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Turco: 2:36am On Jul 16, 2016
quickly:
Turkey or this president is allowing Syrians and ISIS supporters into europe. Look at what happenened in france it was from syrian refugees and turkey is allowing them entry to start their stupidity.

I would like to say ignorance is bless. First of all, all of the terrorist attacks in France was held by French Nationals. They were neither Syrians nor Refugees. It does not mean we Turkish people are with Syrian refugees but before you write something you should check your knowledge If you don't have proper information about it.

3 Likes

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by romme2u: 2:42am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

Yeah place was shelter of Atatürk International Airport in Istanbul. That's why it looks rowdy. Are you currently in Turkey?

No following live feed from Aljazeera. they are covering Istanbul and Ankara simultaneously.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Turco: 2:45am On Jul 16, 2016
romme2u:

No following live feed from Aljazeera. they are covering Istanbul and Ankara simultaneously.

I don't think they have any official corresponder from Istanbul or Ankara at the moment. Do they have? They're probably are broadcasting informations from Turkish channels. I am not trying to be a smart, I am just guessing.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by romme2u: 3:01am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

I don't think they have any official corresponder from Istanbul or Ankara at the moment. Do they have? They're probably are broadcasting informations from Turkish channels. I am not trying to be a smart, I am just guessing.

Ur guess is right, they are linking with TRT and one other, i think NTV
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 3:33am On Jul 16, 2016
Sometimes i wonder how this guys planned this without anyone ever knowing, the prime minister claims this is a mutiny, a chasm in the military ranks, further incapacitation of the military if this ends in futility. Nonetheless soldiers have taken over some of the major TVs including CNN recently, as they serve as platforms through which erdogan instigates citizens against the military.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 3:42am On Jul 16, 2016
CNN turk will not be streaming reports directly as the soldiers cleared the place out.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by quickly: 3:43am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

I would like to say ignorance is bless. First of all, all of the terrorist attacks in France was held by French Nationals. They were neither Syrians nor Refugees. It does not mean we Turkish people are with Syrian refugees but before you write something you should check your knowledge If you don't have proper information about it.

I was talking about the previous attack at the bataclan by the guy who came from syria. Also CNN is reporting the miltary want to depose of the islamist government
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Missy89(f): 3:55am On Jul 16, 2016
Worst coup ever undecided
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by ipledge10(m): 3:59am On Jul 16, 2016
quickly:
you can lie oo...dude is French citizen with Tunisia origin
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 4:04am On Jul 16, 2016
benji93:
CNN turk will not be streaming reports directly as the soldiers cleared the place out.
Just seen a video on facebook of bodies torn apart by assault rifles. One guy had his head blown off shocked
I wonder why people can't keep off the street; the president called for people to invade the street. I wonder if he can tell his own children to do same undecided

Turkey Government seems to betaking over, yet explosions are still been heard in Istanbul and Ankara - Aljazeera

Some Syrians celebrating attempt to topple turkey's president - Aljazeera

May God help them in Turkey.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by quickly: 4:33am On Jul 16, 2016
ipledge10:
you can lie oo...dude is French citizen with Tunisia origin

Here is the news report
The Brussels ‘choreographer’ has not been identified. An estimated 250 jihadists have returned from Syria and are on the loose in France.
A state of emergency remains in place across the country following the attacks, with police and soldiers flooding all major cities and towns.
Yesterday,
President Francois Hollande led tributes to Clarissa Jean-Philippe, a policewoman shot dead by a terrorist the day after the Charlie Hebdo attacks in January 2015.
Additional reporting: Hannah Flint

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3392048/Casual-evil-Paris-killers-Chilling-new-film-mastermind-strolling-Bataclan-bloody-massacre-accomplice-saunters-cafe-seconds-detonating-suicide-vest.html#ixzz4EXTy5Mfr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 4:40am On Jul 16, 2016
princey83:

Just seen a video on facebook of bodies torn apart by assault rifles. One guy had his head blown off shocked
I wonder why people can't keep off the street; the president called for people to invade the street. I wonder if he can tell his own children to do same undecided

Turkey Government seems to betaking over, yet explosions are still been heard in Istanbul and Ankara - Aljazeera

Some Syrians celebrating attempt to topple turkey's president - Aljazeera

May God help them in Turkey.
that was hours ago, the ground shook twice about 45-60 minutes ago, yes, the belligerent won't go down without a good fight, they aware of the implications;weakened military power. but turkey has a history of coups, in the past the purpose of the coups had been to rebase the country. and Erdogan scored an important point this time, he flew in in the heat of the moment and began inciting the citizens to confront the military head on. as you know that wil greatly hinder the work of the military in this regard. His first interview was via iphone live chat with the head of CNN turk. Tht was 1 tin hte military did not secure in time, taking over all the major media outlets(broadcasts).By the time they realized they should have done it,it was too late. Like i said earlier the failure of this coup will strengthen erdogan's position.If the coup could have succeeded it would have. I just pity the orchestrators. They are retreating anyway.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 16, 2016
Missy89:

You dont want me to belive what i read and you want me to use google at the same time.

My question was what is secularism?

I have no doubt you are talking from only a limited knowledge you have of Turkey. Find time, go to Turkey and enquire from real-life secularists Turks what they think of the Gülen movement. After you learn a bit or two, you can come back and post.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 4:53am On Jul 16, 2016
Shym3xx:

But as crazy and erratic as Erdogan is, he has been a loyal servant to the west, apart from the refugee crisis which he turned into a business for easy money. What other leader would be suicidal enough to be used to shoot down a Russia plane, when no other country would dare try it?

They know they can't get anyone else who'll be as loyal as he's. So I doubt it came from the west. Even the way the coup was executed shows it had nothing to do with the west.
The while coup looks like a joke to me.. There was even no media blackout, real time update was available on twitter.. I won't even put this pass Erdogan himself, an excuse for him to further pudge the decedent and those not loyal in the military
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by natedalo: 4:53am On Jul 16, 2016
scully95:

you are right... western backed coup usually come in colour revolution and after months of planning or even years or massive media control and so on.. erdogan seems to be atop of his game in turkey makes such very hard for the western typical coup so if the colour revolution style failed.. which it did.. remember erdogan threatened several times to shut down all social medias back then when the color revolution style was gaining grounds and he managed to suppress it.

this makes a military coup inevitable and yes, junior officers too could run the show.just like ibb did during buuahri/idiagbon... if you remember very well,idiagbon was out of the country when it happened. for the west, erdogan leaving the throne for a more submissive puppet is long over due...

For crying out loud its barak obama its barak obama, he doesn't know shit about foreign policy and intervention. I wouldn't be surprised.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Missy89(f): 4:55am On Jul 16, 2016
lookingbuoy:

I have no doubt you are talking from only a limited knowledge you have of Turkey. Find time, go to Turkey and enquire from real-life secularists Turks what they think of the Gülen movement. After you learn a bit or two, you can come back and post.

I see you cant answer a simple question.

Lolz
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 5:03am On Jul 16, 2016
Missy89:

I see you cant answer a simple question.

Secularism is simply a system that resists presuming its beliefs on religion
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by natedalo: 5:05am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

First of all NATO country(Turkey) is not under fire. It is strange you people who are strangers think there is a real coup in Turkey. This is just an unrest from minority from army. It is unusual but, not difficult to deal. It is nothing about whether you're with Erdogan or against Erdogan. Everyone here in Turkey are against attempting coup. US has no idea about what is going on in Turkey and Turkey is the second most powerful army of NATO and does not take any orders from a foreign nation. I am Turkish National who bought couple of beers from market and watching news. So everything is calmed down. No need for conspirancy theories.
You are right about one thing that we don't know popular opinion about erdogan but its quite obvious that there was a
coup or an attempted one at least. There are fighter jets in the air, soldiers and tanks in the streets with sounds of gunfire.

Turkey doesn't take orders per say but we all know uncle sam tries to make sure their allies stay in line even if not obviously.

A coup even if attempted in a powerful NATO country like Turkey CANNOT happen without tacit approval from the US.

I cannot imagine the CIA didn't know about this. The same intelligence that can tell us about chibok girls and niger delta avengers as unimportant as we are in Nigeria.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by ipledge10(m): 5:19am On Jul 16, 2016
So in one two words FAILED COUP

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Hamas Women Fighters Vs Israeli Women Fighters (Pics) / Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' / Queen Elizabeth II Dies, Aged 96

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.