Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia (59283 Views)

Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" / Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey / Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by BetaThings: 1:42am On Jul 16, 2016
OohLalah:

Hol'up with emotional outburst bra! We are not talking about apartheid or culture here but Islam. You have just proven my point. South Africans are violent than Nigerians but alas! Nigeria has Boko haram and SA doesn't.
So what does that prove?

That the Tamil Tigers, IRA, ETA, FARC are muslims?

Anyway, South Africa was a police state until the 90s
And there was no ISIS in Iraq until about a decade ago
And no kidnapping for ransom by in Nigeria until 15 years ago

Don't gloat, let us see how you do after 40 years

OohLalah:
Are you ok?
Strange question

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by NairaMinted: 1:45am On Jul 16, 2016
Turkey: What to watch for...

1. Grey Wolves & other hardliner militant groups will come out against whichever anti-NATO faction there may exist.
2. Competing military factions posing as in charge.
3. NATO's response + Western coverage.
4. Kurds...
5. Syria & Russia official statements...
6. Gülen (who is in the US) and was NATO's bench-warmer for Erdogan...
7. There is no such thing as "democracy," so anyone talking about "defending democracy," are either clueless or lying...

Several possibilities:

1. As we predicted NATO itself was going to flush Erdogan down the toilet as soon as they were done with him (are you watching Riyadh?).
2. Could be an attempt by a military faction to end Turkey's continued and destructive involvement vis-a-vis Syria/Russia.
3. Could also be a preemptive move by Erdogan/NATO to put down possible factions moving to undermine NATO's ongoing operations in the region.

Military coups are not "good" or "bad" until you can figure out why it has unfolded and what the endgame is.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by romme2u: 1:45am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

It was always calmed down. wink

Erdogan has landed in Istanbul after the tanks were cleared from the airport but two explosion just rocked Taksim Square where a lot of people gathered.things are still messy as a lot of people are on the street, some supporting the coup others against it.

#following live on Aljazeera, only station to have a live feed from turkey
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by OohLalah(f): 1:46am On Jul 16, 2016
BetaThings:

So what does that prove?
South Africa was a police state until the 90s

Strange question
t
Again, you are simply pained by my assertions and going all defensive for no reason.

Now answer this, when did PAGAD come up in SA? You seem to have an issue with apartheid understandably but it is not part of this discussion, I advise you to focus on the topic. I know my history very well thank you but you are not the only Muslim in the world, unfortunately.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 16, 2016
Missy89:

You mean the same person that said this?

Governments in the Muslim world must design school curricula that nurture democratic values. Civil society has a role in promoting respect and acceptance....Finally, it is imperative that Muslims support equal rights for women and men. Women should be given opportunity and be free from social pressures that deny their equality.

What is secularism?
I laugh!

You only need look him up on Google to see how easily he has pulled the wool over your eyes. Don't believe everything you read. I lived in Turkey. The Gülen movement is not one secularists look at as a model. Go read everyday people's experiences and not just what adorns pages of those sympathetic to Gülen and his cohorts.

Every secularist in Turkey knows what goes on behind the walls of Gülen schools and institutions.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/21/what-scares-turkey-s-women.html
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Oceemo(m): 1:47am On Jul 16, 2016
The coup has failed the people seems 2 be in support of the government.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by csamii: 1:47am On Jul 16, 2016
BetaThings:

You sound disappointed
What was the crime of the policemen killed by t he coup plotters?

I'm a bit disappointed but I don't like the idea of killing policemen.

I'm disappointed because I'll love to see the end of Erdogan. Dictators don't sit well with me especially when they are democratically elected.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by BetaThings: 1:48am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

1. Everything about him is confidential. So I have no idea.
2. They announced from Turkish Radio and Television which is state channel that Erdogan is no longer secular and they took the control of country under secular orders.
3. I am against any discrimination about people. Whether they're Kurdish, Turkish, Swedish or Nigerian. But pro Kurdish party in parliament says they're with democracy against any coup.
4. Well, it depends on who you're. First of all some people here were angry to him because we shoot a Russian jet down. They were unhappy about it. Now they say when we were unhappy about it pro him people were criticizing us about our opinion. So, people came our mind at the moment. That's what they said. People from tourism business are very happy because most of their clients are from Russia.

Feel free to ask anything.

Thanks for your answer, quite enlightening
Coup plotters will always say things that people want to hear but will show their true colours after taking power
Then it was a rash thing to do to shoot down a Russian plane when a lot of Russians come into your country
I am not sure that people who really hate you would come to your country on vacation

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by romme2u: 1:49am On Jul 16, 2016
Explosions (like 3) just recorded in ataturk airport in istanbul after Erdogan landed. commotion is still ongoing embarassed embarassed embarassed

Erdogan the proverbial cat with nine lives.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Missy89(f): 1:50am On Jul 16, 2016
lookingbuoy:

I laugh!

You only need look him up on Google to see how easily he has pulled the wool over your eyes. Don't believe everything you read. I lived in Turkey. The Gülen movement is not one secularists look at as a model. Go read everyday people's experiences and not just what adorns pages of those sympathetic to Gülen and his cohorts.

Every secularist in Turkey knows what goes on behind the walls of Gülen schools and institutions.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/21/what-scares-turkey-s-women.html

You did not answer my question thou
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 1:50am On Jul 16, 2016
i have never witnessed a tremor this tense before, the parliament was hit
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by BetaThings: 1:51am On Jul 16, 2016
csamii:

I'm a bit disappointed but I don't like the idea of killing policemen.

I'm disappointed because I'll love to see the end of Erdogan. Dictators don't sit well with me especially when they are democratically elected.

But military dictators are worse - you cannot remove then in an election
And we have dictators all over the world - China, in Putin, uganda, Rwanda, a lot of guys in Latin America

You will need over 30 coups to unseat a lot of these guys
And what you get thereafter will be worse in over 20 of those coups
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by OohLalah(f): 1:53am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

My mate, I got you very well. It is nothing about you. Hello from Turkey.

First of all we can be with Erdogan or without Erdogan but there are more than 70millions people in this country and they are all against coup and they don't care what is the response of US. Whether they are with the coup or against the coup. Turkey is not a banana republic. It can take its own decisions about country. This is what I want to say.

I'm very happy on your country men's stance. You have my backing. Ohlalah! From South Africa, hello!

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by BetaThings: 1:54am On Jul 16, 2016
benji93:

It is very easy to call for war from some distant locations
It is not a tea party

Be careful and stay indoors like sensible countries are telling their nationals
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 1:54am On Jul 16, 2016
benji93:
The orchestrators of the coup continue unrelentlessly.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 1:55am On Jul 16, 2016
BetaThings:

It is very easy to call for war from some distant locations
It is not a tea party

Be careful and stay indoors like sensible countries are telling their nationals
I stay on campus.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 1:57am On Jul 16, 2016
Missy89:

You did not answer my question thou
I think I did pretty well.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Turco: 1:57am On Jul 16, 2016
BetaThings:

Thanks for your answer, quite enlightening
Coup plotters will always say things that people want to hear but will show their true colours after taking power
Then it was a rash thing to do to shoot down a Russian plane when a lot of Russians come into your country
I am not sure that people who really hate you would come to your country on vacation

You're welcome. Here to answer any questions.

I have never seen any coup in my life so I have no idea about what the coup is in real.

First of all, to be clear no Russian hate Turkish people and no Turkish hate Russian people. It was just a political problem between two strong governments. Nothing affected people of two country. There was only one reason why they don't come to vacation to Turkey, it was embargo. When it is lifted hundreds of planes full of Russian tourist flew to Turkey.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by OohLalah(f): 1:57am On Jul 16, 2016
BetaThings:

So what does that prove?

That the Tamil Tigers, IRA, ETA, FARC are muslims?

Anyway, South Africa was a police state until the 90s

Strange question

@bolded, again Mr face the topic. And by the way am not gloating at all just highlighting your assertions. I know that it 40 years time things might change not because of SA Muslim s but the heavy influx of Somalis, Pakistanis, Egyptians etc. Still defeats your point on PAGAD's influenced by history rather than religion.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Oceemo(m): 2:01am On Jul 16, 2016
The coup can not sail through

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by tdayof(m): 2:02am On Jul 16, 2016
Breaking- Reports that Erdogan's jet landed in Ataturk Airport. Heavy gunfire, explosions heard near the area. Jets flying low. Crazy.

Breaking- Erdogan's jet which landed in Atatürk Airport in Istanbul has taken off again!

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by tdayof(m): 2:04am On Jul 16, 2016
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/07/16/moscow-deeply-concerned-about-situation-turkey-kremlin
Moscow is "deeply concerned" about the situation in Turkey, the Kremlin said Saturday, after Turkish troops took to the streets of Ankara and Istanbul and a military group declared a coup.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Missy89(f): 2:04am On Jul 16, 2016
This isnt over yet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Missy89(f): 2:05am On Jul 16, 2016
lookingbuoy:

I think I did pretty well.

You dont want me to belive what i read and you want me to use google at the same time.

My question was what is secularism?
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Turco: 2:06am On Jul 16, 2016
tdayof:
Breaking- Reports that Erdogan's jet landed in Ataturk Airport. Heavy gunfire, explosions heard near the area. Jets flying low. Crazy.

Breaking- Erdogan's jet which landed in Atatürk Airport in Istanbul has taken off again!

Guys, don't believe everything you've heard so far. I've just watched Erdogan on air(1 minutes before my quote). He is OK and was talking about what is going on here and everything is OK here.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by csamii: 2:07am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

Guys, don't believe everything you've heard so far. I've just watched Erdogan on air(1 minutes before my quote). He is OK and was talking about what is going on here and everything is OK here.

Watch? Which network?
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by tdayof(m): 2:08am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

My source is real. Update: Erdogan successfully lands in Istanbul Airport. And most informations are real with videos too.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Turco: 2:10am On Jul 16, 2016
tdayof:
My source is not tv. Update: Erdogan successfully lands in Istanbul Airport.

My source is both Tv and Twitter. I've watched him on Tv with my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by tdayof(m): 2:10am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Turco: 2:11am On Jul 16, 2016
csamii:

Watch? Which network?

I am watching Fox Turkey at the moment but if you'd like you can also watch CNN Turk, NTV or TRT.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by tdayof(m): 2:11am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

My source is both Tv and Twitter. I've watched him on Tv with my eyes.
live stream and a friend who went back home.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Turco: 2:13am On Jul 16, 2016
tdayof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg

Thank you for your sharing. It was three hours ago what you've shared. Everything is under control at the moment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Hamas Women Fighters Vs Israeli Women Fighters (Pics) / Zelensky Says 'We Realized That Ukraine Will Not Become A Member Of NATO' / Queen Elizabeth II Dies, Aged 96

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.