Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia (59533 Views)

Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" / Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey / Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Zwchicka(f): 5:28am On Jul 16, 2016
OohLalah:

@bolded, again Mr face the topic. And by the way am not gloating at all just highlighting your assertions. I know that it 40 years time things might change not because of SA Muslim s but the heavy influx of Somalis, Pakistanis, Egyptians etc. Still defeats your point on PAGAD's influenced by history rather than religion.

I know this is off topic but why do south africans like to blame foreigners for everything. Was it not just last week that two south african muslim brothers were arrested for allegedly planning to attack US and Jewish targets in South Africa and disrupting local government elections ? What about the 4 south african terrorist suspects arrested in Jhb this week for alleged terrorist related activities? Those cases of south african muslims who were stopped from flying out of the country while trying to join syria Isis sec? Not to mention the few terrorist attacks attempts in Cape Town by local muslim's ? Was it not just last month that the Usa and Uk issued warnings to SA about terrorist attacks threats ? It appears you don't even know what's going on around you but you talking about 40 years and blaming Somali and the likes while your own country men are slowly but surely been infiltrated with Islamist extremist doctrine ! You all better wake up. Like Boko Haram didn't start in one day. All these small warnings should be taken seriously and curbed before things get out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 5:32am On Jul 16, 2016
ipledge10:
So in one two words FAILED COUP
yes oo, my brother, but we await the confirmation.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by ipledge10(m): 5:35am On Jul 16, 2016
benji93:

yes oo, my brother, but we await the confirmation.
i saw video of coup soldiers surrendered...but those Turkish get mind oo,face soldier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 5:35am On Jul 16, 2016
It is over. Coup plotters being mopped up. Erdogan still in power.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0ZV2HK
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 5:43am On Jul 16, 2016
ipledge10:
i saw video of coup soldiers surrendered...but those Turkish get mind oo,face soldier.
They undermined the soft power of the media.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by ipledge10(m): 5:45am On Jul 16, 2016
benji93:

They undermined the soft power of the media.
i think that mumu Erodgan is anti- social media, Socia media saved his ass

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by fwwins(m): 5:55am On Jul 16, 2016
I think it's over

1 Share

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by deliveryboy: 5:56am On Jul 16, 2016
quickly:
Turkey or this president is allowing Syrians and ISIS supporters into europe. Look at what happenened in france it was from syrian refugees and turkey is allowing them entry to start their stupidity.
. Hello sir, your observations are not correct, the terrorists in France were French and Belgian citizens. Please verify your facts before you make it public. If you did this in your workplace it could get you in big trouble with your manager.

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 6:02am On Jul 16, 2016
ipledge10:
i think that mumu Erodgan is anti- social media, Socia media saved his ass
The social media played its part, but the broadcast media was damn instrumental. as he now knows he only triumphed by the skin of his teeth, his paranoia will be intensifiedHe will thus further disorient any potential unit in the military ranks.Meanwhil over 40 pro0coup soldiers have surrendered having been surrounded by policepersons.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Olril18(m): 6:07am On Jul 16, 2016
failed coup apparently.. bizzare and weak coup.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by ipledge10(m): 6:07am On Jul 16, 2016
benji93:

The social media played its part, but the broadcast media was damn instrumental. as he now knows he only triumphed by the skin of his teeth, his paranoia will be intensifiedHe will thus further disorient any potential unit in the military ranks.Meanwhil over 40 pro0coup soldiers have surrendered having been surrounded by policepersons.
i think 336 soldiers arrested
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by benji93: 6:10am On Jul 16, 2016
ipledge10:
i think 336 soldiers arrested
thts the total account now i think
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 16, 2016
this is going on right now on periscope so soldiers dont want to surrender and are taking shoots of the police
https://www.periscope.tv/observe06/1gqxvBeQQBlxB
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by ipledge10(m): 6:18am On Jul 16, 2016
benji93:

thts the total account now i think
grin grin 754 arrested as at 3mins ago and turkey appoint new Army chief of staff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 16, 2016
The coup appears to be winding down. In a way, it is good news for the country of Turkey, as the democratic setup, imperfect though it seems (and i am not an Erdogan fan by the way) has survived.This is important.

The best military rule is worse than the worst democratic rule.

If you want change in your country, you have to work for it. That is one of the benefits of democracy. Military rule is not a solution.

2 Likes

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Missy89(f): 6:38am On Jul 16, 2016
Looks like Ankara is still holding out

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by abdulwastecx(m): 6:40am On Jul 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

We were discussing economics, you mixed culture into it. It's ok but I already knew about religion and human rights in Saudi Arabia. I wanted a more profound description of the economic differences between the two countries. I had the impression that you know more.

Turkey has more dynamic economy, Saudi Arabia is over dependent on petroleum and petro chemical products. Turkey is an industrialized country with larger working population
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Missy89(f): 6:46am On Jul 16, 2016
Ankara just fell. It is officially over.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by llaykorn: 7:01am On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

My friend I have no idea what we're discussing here. It is 04:18 am here and Erdogan is on TV alive in Istanbul.

Seems like local media and foreign media are reporting different news. Amazing!
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by scully95: 7:40am On Jul 16, 2016
natedalo:
For crying out loud its barak obama its barak obama, he doesn't know shit about foreign policy and intervention. I wouldn't be surprised.

lol.
The uprising seems to be crushed already which is actually good for russia and turkey at this time. Just another poorly planned US intervention that fails. Destabilizing one more country in the region. The criminal President Erdogan get more support and the Turkish misery increases. this does not make Erdogan a good person... he's just the person with the wrong choices.

he long told obama to choose between turkey or the 'terrorist ypg' in syria. obama obama, terrorist best friend chose ypg.. nato may even lose its partner in this failed coup.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by BetaThings: 7:41am On Jul 16, 2016
OohLalah:

@bolded, again Mr face the topic. And by the way am not gloating at all just highlighting your assertions. I know that it 40 years time things might change not because of SA Muslim s but the heavy influx of Somalis, Pakistanis, Egyptians etc. Still defeats your point on PAGAD's influenced by history rather than religion.

Everybody faced the topic until you were overcome by your inherent hate for Islam
Apartheid was a vile policy so recognised worldwide
"In 40 years, there might be due to x and that proves my point"
Who argues likes this?

No sociologist will argue that there is only one possible source of insecurity

So according to your own projections, all forms of instability in SA can be traced to Muslim immigrants
No wonder some misguided South Africans were killing other African immigrants
I don't blame Boko Haram on immigrants - the problem is homegrown

I wonder if Ukrainians are blaming immigrants

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Ola14(m): 7:43am On Jul 16, 2016
my brother who is in Instanbul said that the coup did not succed the situation is getting calm.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by BetaThings: 7:53am On Jul 16, 2016
quickly:
Turkey or this president is allowing Syrians and ISIS supporters into europe. Look at what happenened in france it was from syrian refugees and turkey is allowing them entry to start their stupidity.

I don't know why people talk like this
A Nigerian (from the South) was killed in Italy and the press said he was fleeing Boko Haram
So Boko Haram is operating in all the states?
Many Africans (from countries not at war) perish at sea trying to make it to Europe
Some do out greed, laziness or ignorance

Yet we have a serious war going for about 5 years and refugees should be bottled up in their country
Were there to be a war in NIgeria, should we keep all Nigerians at home to avoid allowing Nigerian start their Boko Haram stupidity abroad?

I can assure you different countries will keep Nigerian refugees out for different reasons
Some because of Boko Haram; some will fear drug trafficking and transfer of metamorphine technology; some will dread militancy/kidnapping for ransom
We cannot just generalise
The average Syrian is not a terrorist, afterall how many terror attacks did we have before the war?

1 Like

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by yinkslinks(m): 8:05am On Jul 16, 2016
receive sense my brother
smackimorn:
US has come
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 16, 2016
Missy89:

How about Qatar's gdp per capital that is bigger than the UK and the US.

Same answer:

If we go by GDP per capita, ... .
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 16, 2016
chidozieikeji2:
it will prune down unecessary spending on useless federal and state legislators who make useless laws for their selfish interest those money will be channeled to more meaningful projects that will create employment okay compare the rate of unemployment during military dayz and todayz democracy and tell me d difference during military dayz have u heard of governors owing civil servants

So you do believe that the military will take better care of the people.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 16, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Turkey has more dynamic economy, Saudi Arabia is over dependent on petroleum and petro chemical products. Turkey is an industrialized country with larger working population

But the GDP per capita is much higher in Saudi Arabia.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 16, 2016
BetaThings:

I don't know why people talk like this
A Nigerian (from the South) was killed in Italy and the press said he was fleeing Boko Haram
So Boko Haram is operating in all the states?
Many Africans (from countries not at war) perish at sea trying to make it to Europe
Some do out greed, laziness or ignorance

Yet we have a serious war going for about 5 years and refugees should be bottled up in their country
Were there to be a war in NIgeria, should we keep all Nigerians at home to avoid allowing Nigerian start their Boko Haram stupidity abroad?

I can assure you different countries will keep Nigerian refugees out for different reasons
Some because of Boko Haram; some will fear drug trafficking and transfer of metamorphine technology; some will dread militancy/kidnapping for ransom
We cannot just generalise
The average Syrian is not a terrorist, afterall how many terror attacks did we have before the war?

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 16, 2016
The coup failed. I am glad there is no civil war.
Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by BetaThings: 8:15am On Jul 16, 2016
natedalo:

I cannot imagine the CIA didn't know about this. The same intelligence that can tell us about chibok girls and niger delta avengers as unimportant as we are in Nigeria.

CIA intelligence often fails spectacularly
They did not know that India and Pakistan were going to conduct nuclear tests within weeks of each other
They have largely misunderstood Putin's intention

Infact they have often been wrong in predicting what Putin will do next

Nigerians are blabbers and will let out anything to any foreigner and we are divided enough for a Southerner (Northerner) to imagine that such information might help topple a government headed by Northerner(Southerner)
So you can get a lot of information easily about stuff in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia by chidozieikeji2: 8:19am On Jul 16, 2016
Mindfulness:

So you do believe that the military will take better care of the people.
the only thing we enjoy in democracy is freedom of speech and to express our rights but those things have withered awayy now if u protest they shoot u, pple are detained without trial, pples homes are vandalised in the name of searching without court warrant, court orders have been thrown into dustbin now answer me is that democracy take note we are in military rule now d only difference is that our oga wears agbada just watch and see before next election u will see how pples rights will be violated we are seeing these ones when elections have never reached how will it now be when election draws near

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Obama Meets His Extended Family Including Step Grandmother In Kenya / Zimbabwean Soldiers Force Policemen To Sit On The Ground After Take Over / Pictures Of Destructions Made In Kyiv As Russia Invade Ukraine's Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.