Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. (38456 Views)

“Doctors Gave Me 48hrs To Live, But Look At Me Now” - Guy Survival Story / Thunder Strikes Woman To Death In Ohafia, Abia - Facebook User / Woman Who Carries Oxygen Tank For Survival Flies To India For Surgery. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Ishilove: 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2016
hahn:
Nigerians deserve a spot on this thread. After living in a country without adequate infrastructure and corrupt government officials we still come out on top.

Naija, I hail thee! grin
Lol. In fact enh cheesy

1 Like

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Brymose(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
Explorers:
Imagine surviving not one, but two blasts from an atomic bomb. That’s exactly what happened to 29-year old Tsutomu Yamaguchi in 1945. He was an employee of Mitsubishi in the midst of World War II, and on a business trip to Hiroshima when the United States dropped the atomic bomb on the city. Yamaguchi was luckily just far enough away from the blast to avoid being killed. When he returned home to Nagasaki, however, the US dropped yet another atomic bomb while he was at work. Incredibly, he survived the second blast as well. He went on to become an advocate for the anti-nuclear weapons cause and demanded their abolition in 2006. Yamaguchi passed away in 2010, at the age of 93.
in a yoruba proverb "eni tolorun opa kosi enito lemu"

14 Likes

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Nobody: 12:46am On Jul 20, 2016
Make this mods de always try move explorers thread to fp... All his threads are jst educating and the same time entertaining
Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by samuelkingz(m): 5:18am On Jul 20, 2016
explorers u no go kill me...educative thread as always..I concur with d person who said you need to be an MOD.thumbs up sir.

cc. seun
cc. lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Adesiji77: 9:17am On Jul 20, 2016
Incredible stories. Well done Explorers!
Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Luckymay(f): 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
Wow... When all hope is gone. Explorers daalu ri nne.

1 Like

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Gofwane(m): 9:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
samuelkingz:
explorers u no go kill me...educative thread as always..I concur with d person who said you need to be an MOD.thumbs up sir.

cc. seun
cc. lalasticlala
wallahi he deserves to be a Seun

1 Like

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Damfostopper(m): 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
Explorer thumbs up.... Seun this is the kind of person dat deserved to be mod.... Not Some street urchins u call mods when actually all of them are rascals....... Btw..... I dont fear ban

23 Likes

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by olayinkajnr(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
pamcode:
Wao so sharks attack people even if they don't smell blood

Yes, they get attracted to heat signatures of their prey
Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by ChemicalReaction(f): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2016
OP, welldone..

1 Like

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 22, 2016
Awesome one!

U could add up few Nigeria soldiers survivals.... Saw one on ty bello Instagram page!

God is good

1 Like

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by ritababe(f): 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2016
explorer baba weldone
Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by freecocoa(f): 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
My nigga explorers. wink

Following.
Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by KINGinVAHALA: 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
@explorers, you re just two much bro.

1 Like

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by lonelydora: 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
Haaa Okada drop me here.

1 Like

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by BIGkoboko: 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
shocked
Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by princechurchill(m): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
that yagamuchi niggar is the perfect defintion of a survivor

2 Likes

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
Atewo for the baddest Explorers
I was glued to my screen from page1. Weldone!

Salam bqlekan I haven't seen you online in a while, holla if you get this mention.
Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by altim8(m): 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
My shocking story

In bayelsa, salaries are paid using the format tombotombo lascalaba titialabaku alalakai Kai... Ones in every 6 months for regular and ones in every 10 months for pensioners yet am still alive...

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by sekzy99(m): 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
K
Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by iamKajogbola: 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
Well said
Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by musicwriter(m): 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
I used to follow a programme called ''I shouldn't be alive'' on national geographic channel. Anybody that really want to see jaw dropping survival experiences should go to youtube and check it out.

In one episode, a helicopter flying over an active volcano developed fault just on top of the volcano and fell inside the larva. It was like falling inside hell. How they survived is astonishing.

In another episode, an airplane with over 200 passengers crashed in a dense forest and many died instantly, but not all. After one month of looking for them by their government, the search and rescue operation was suspended, not knowing some of the passengers survived. They were declared dead and forgotten.

I think they lived in the forest for about 3 months, lost in the midle of nowhere searching for a way out. Things got so bad for them they had to resort to eating the flesh of fellow dead passengers on the way just to survive. Many died on the way, just about 7 or so of them made it out of the forest alive. One survivor had his wife already married to another man by the time he got home.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by yousee(m): 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
Explorers:

Yes, there are various species of sharks like the tiger shark, hammer head and so on. Some are very dangerous that they attack anything attackable at sight, even their own kind.

Pamcode the shark must have mistook her for a seal. Plus her dangling arm in water wasnt helping matters
Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Localamos(m): 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
Explorers is undoubtedly one of the most admired front page celebrities here on N/Land.

Congrats on another feat.

8 Likes

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Nne5: 3:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
Explorers:
In October 1972, a Uruguayan plane carrying 45 people including rugby players and students crashed in the Andes Mountains. The temperature was 30 degrees below zero at night time and 12 people had died in the initial crash. The survivors had very little in terms of food and water and eventually had to turn to cannibalism(Dead bodies) in order to stay alive. The survivors lost almost all hope when they heard on the plane’s radio that the search for their plane had ended. A number of survivors, however, banded together to form an expedition party which would search for help. After a number of failed attempts to cross the treacherous terrain and 72 days of being stranded, the group who had left the crash site had managed to make themselves known to civilians and the 16 survivors were eventually found. The ordeal still haunts the remaining survivors over 40 years later.
One of the survivors wrote a book OP

Miracle in the Andes by Nando Parrado.
Account of everything that happened.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by donchijoz(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
Normal
Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by jahsharon: 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
Explorers:
Imagine surviving not one, but two blasts from an atomic bomb. That’s exactly what happened to 29-year old Tsutomu Yamaguchi in 1945. He was an employee of Mitsubishi in the midst of World War II, and on a business trip to Hiroshima when the United States dropped the atomic bomb on the city. Yamaguchi was luckily just far enough away from the blast to avoid being killed. When he returned home to Nagasaki, however, the US dropped yet another atomic bomb while he was at work. Incredibly, he survived the second blast as well. He went on to become an advocate for the anti-nuclear weapons cause and demanded their abolition in 2006. Yamaguchi passed away in 2010, at the age of 93.

Yet, the U.S. does not want Iran, North Korea and other aspiring nations to own atomic bomb. U.S. wants to be the only country together with Israel to be able to bomb and unbomb.

5 Likes

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Dexema(m): 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
I think that soldier who was shot with an anti aircraft bullet featured by T.Y bello few weeks ago needs to be on the list.

2 Likes

Re: When Disaster Strikes: Some Of The Most Shocking Survival Stories Ever. by Globalhustler(m): 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
People get 7 lives o. Wey some ppl go just fall use head knack table, dem Don faint or die self.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Son, Uchechi Iweala, On Medical Feat / Sickle Cell Patient And Rape Victim Celebrates 19th Birthday (Photos) / Man Stopped From Committing Suicide By Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.