Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps (22082 Views)

How To Solve Google Maps Not Working After Symbian Belle Update. / Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone / Download Nigeria City Maps On Your Mobile Phone - no browsing fees. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by rphlogbe: 6:27pm On Sep 30, 2009
Hi, Orikenny. I tried to install the file without mapsource written on it but contunually got an error message like "souce code not found". So i couldn't continue further to launch it. Pls HELP!
RAPH
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by dreday(m): 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2009
@ Orikenny,i'v successfully installed garmin on my e71.Its da bomb,although it's not very detailed for some parts of the country e.g ilorin.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Orikenny(m): 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2009
@rphlogbe,As av said earlier in my writeup make sure u extract d nigeria map u download 4rm rapidshare into a new folder ,u should see two executable files (i.e files with .exe extension)in dat folder dont install d one with mapsource written on it yet ,install d one without mapsource.hope am clear
@dreday,thanks for d feedback
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by martinkem(m): 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2009
to add more perf to the Garmin, u can add the voice and vechicle files. the voice allows the application to commnikcate directly with u giving step by step voice navigation and this can be downloaded from http://www.mobilecastle.biz/mobiles/attachments/symbian-os9-x-applications/22948d1196593064-voice-help-garmin-mobile-xt-gps-s60-os9-x-v4-10-20_for-n95-voice-help.rar u might need to register with the site to download this when u do just extract the files or folder and paste them in the garmin folder in your memory card. for the vehicles files you can download them from garmin's website, or http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/m/srf/motorcycleBlue.zip or http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/m/srf/800Sedan.zip and extract the files its in srf format and paste them in a "VEHICLE" folder in the Garmin folder. then you can change your vechicle from the boring arrow to any of the vehicles u downloaded.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Orikenny(m): 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2009
The step by step voice guidance comes preloaded with d garmin application.so it activates when u are using ur phones gps 2 navigate.
Great contribution martinkem.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by cardoso1(m): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2009
orikenny,can i load nigerian maps to my Nokia 2700 classic?how do i do it.send me details on payment etc to cieba777@yahoo.com
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Orikenny(m): 5:28pm On Oct 04, 2009
Cardoso1,ur phone is a java phone therefore garmap nigeria cannot work on it,but if u really wanna install nigerian map try 2 get a symbian s6ov3 phone d likes of e71 n95,n78.i would try 2 post d list of phones dat supports navigation on garmin.i would also like u 2 skip d payment part cuz dis garmap nigeria is totally free!
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Orikenny(m): 5:28pm On Oct 04, 2009
Cardoso1,ur phone is a java phone therefore garmap nigeria cannot work on it,but if u really wanna install nigerian map try 2 get a symbian s6ov3 phone d likes of e71 n95,n78.i would try 2 post d list of phones dat supports navigation on garmin.i would also like u 2 skip d payment part cuz dis garmap nigeria is totally free!
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Knight1(m): 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2009
Hey, orikenny
Do i have to hack my E63 b4 i can install the .exe files?
Pls reply ASAP. Thanks.
PS. I stay in abj and minna, hope they are covered?
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honsule(m): 2:28am On Nov 18, 2009
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honsule(m): 2:59am On Nov 18, 2009
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honsule(m): 3:33am On Nov 18, 2009
Am still assiduously working on this map.check this out.

Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honsule(m): 3:35am On Nov 18, 2009
Am yet to download Naija offline map

Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Orikenny(m): 10:59am On Nov 18, 2009
Tip:Honsule,since u now av d garmin essentl n d unlckr,u should download d naija map,unlock it n i think d last step is to install d 3mb garmin app dat u see in ur E:/ folder .thx 4 d status of those links i might av 2 re-upload them on sharemobile.ro [color=][/color]
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Orikenny(m): 11:08am On Nov 18, 2009
Knight1,download d notepad file i attached 4rm d first page of this thread and read it,E63 does not install .exe file extension even if u 've hacked ur phone only a pc could do that [color=][/color]
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by dragnet: 11:35am On Nov 18, 2009
mMm
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honeric01(m): 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2009
Please, how do i install the map on my phone? i use an e71 nokia phone and i have already downloaded the file to my laptop.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Orikenny(m): 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2009
Last poster,try reading 4rm page 1 of this thread
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honeric01(m): 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2009
ok, i will,

thanks
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honeric01(m): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2009
http://www.sharemobile.ro/dls/share/47556/Garmin_Essential.rar

Not Found

The requested URL /dls/share/47556/Garmin_Essential.rar was not found on this server.

please help with this.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Knight1(m): 8:19pm On Nov 18, 2009
@honeric search for garmin essential
@orikenny, am i to extract the .rar system cos i dont know how to do that on the pc pr i can do it on the phone since it has Zip app
pls reply. sorry for disturbing you so much. igbeyin a da grin
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Orikenny(m): 12:10am On Nov 19, 2009
@Honeric,honsule has already updated some of d links above
@knight,There two ways 2 it u can download winrar or freeunrar install it on pc or use xplore 2 extract it on phone n transfer 2 ur pc
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by walakolobo: 12:19am On Nov 19, 2009
very very very wrong. Hacking kills intellect, imagine your handiwork is hacked into and sitributed for free? this is totally unfair.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Genuflect(m): 12:52am On Nov 19, 2009
Who the hell is this?
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by walakolobo: 3:37am On Nov 19, 2009
Orikenny:

NOTE:This garmin nigeria gps map can only be installed on symbian s60 3rd edition phone that is gps capable

A big lie though - also works perfectly on windows mobile phones.
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by Orikenny(m): 7:20am On Nov 19, 2009
@Walako.DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honsule(m): 9:10am On Nov 19, 2009
walakolobo:

A big lie though - also works perfectly on windows mobile phones.

Guy don't take it personal.He is most concern about guyz that uses s60v3 phonez,thus the emphasis
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honsule(m): 9:11am On Nov 19, 2009
honeric01:

http://www.sharemobile.ro/dls/share/47556/Garmin_Essential.rar

Not Found

The requested URL /dls/share/47556/Garmin_Essential.rar was not found on this server.

please help with this.

Guy u just post without reading.Naija style
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honsule(m): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2009
Orikenny:

@Honeric,honsule has already updated some of d links above

Tell him again
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honsule(m): 9:19am On Nov 19, 2009
Orikenny:

Tip:Honsule,since u now av d garmin essentl n d unlckr,u should download d naija map,unlock it n i think d last step is to install d 3mb garmin app dat u see in your E:/ folder .thx 4 d status of those links i might av 2 re-upload them on sharemobile.ro [color=][/color]

the problem now is the naija map.125MB and it is rapidshare.i told DC to help me transcode on his site.I hate RS
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honeric01(m): 9:22am On Nov 19, 2009
honsule:

Guy u just post without reading.Naija style

man, cool down and stop using sense insult me  cheesy
Re: Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps by honeric01(m): 9:23am On Nov 19, 2009
the size is just 795kb, is that what it should be?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Top 8 Budget Smartphones For 2019 / Samsung's Foldable Smartphone Will Cost Up To $2,500 / Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.