Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,682 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. (72472 Views)

Share Those Funny Memories That Make You Laugh Till Date / Femi Fani-Kayode's Childhood Photo With His Siblings / Top 15 Things We Used To Do In 80's/90's We Do No More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 27, 2020
embarassedWhat abt those born in the late 70s?? No memories??
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 27, 2020
grin
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Widall: 9:19pm On May 27, 2020
mizzbouqui:
2.  The cocaine of Inter-house sports
Who doesn’t remember how popular this glucose powder was during and after inter-house sports?
Till today I still don't know why they poured it on our heads then
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by TheSourcerer: 9:20pm On May 27, 2020
Widall:

Till today I still don't know why they poured it on our heads then
spiritual
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by AKwinde(m): 9:21pm On May 27, 2020
kolaaderin:
The real version of this shoe was then Bata bata

Simbi goes to school.

I think the textbook was one of those Macmillian English books
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by kolaaderin: 9:21pm On May 27, 2020
sanyahkod:
Op, you no remember 'Super dip'? That colored powder drink like Eve.

CocaCola Solo.

Kitto sandals.

Family com video game with shekere soccer.

Good to know 'baba dudu' still exists.

And there is this coloured candy that melts in the mouth like glucose.

Wasn't born in the 90's but I met them in the 90's. grin
Family com video game, low budget. Sega mega drive and Nintendo sness For the rich family.
That sweet black chain baba dudu. We rock that like a rap star Nigga.

The coloured candy. How can we forget Tabataba candy in those history.
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Virtplus(m): 9:24pm On May 27, 2020
sanyahkod:
Op, you no remember 'Super dip'? That colored powder drink like Eve.

CocaCola Solo.

Kitto sandals.

Family com video game with shekere soccer.

Good to know 'baba dudu' still exists.

And there is this coloured candy that melts in the mouth like glucose.

Wasn't born in the 90's but I met them in the 90's. grin
treckers sandals
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by kolaaderin: 9:30pm On May 27, 2020
AdeolaOmoOba:
I tell you if that Kitto never dey there, the list never complete. As your money increase, your Kitto go graduate into Aerosoft. There is something called Abacha fingernails (eekana Abacha).

What do you mean abacha fingernails.. Abacha was darn to resent men. The real name is Gowan fingernails (eekana Gowan) no body can dispute that name of the sweet. Melted sugar with broom.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:31pm On May 27, 2020
mizzbouqui:
Many things from our childhoods are currently extinct now. The world has moved way past them. Here are some things that will make you miss growing up:

1.  The baba nla of rechargeable lamps
Almost everyone had these lamps. They were rechargeable and even came with a radio. Don’t tell me you don’t remember the classic red Binatone lamps:

hmmmmmm you just took me down the memory lane
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by kemii6237: 9:32pm On May 27, 2020
[color=#] 82368[/color]
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by TwoBottles: 9:34pm On May 27, 2020
id4sho:
baba & mama

Bad guy

1 Like

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by lereinter(m): 9:34pm On May 27, 2020
Incomplete list

You no out walkman, combat trousers, etc
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by kolaaderin: 9:36pm On May 27, 2020
Yeligray:
Mtchewww
Nigga has nothing
Shadelamp threading control, the Kerosene Gas of those days, Video cassette Rewinder. And this thread every slay queen of those days made of their natural hair before those ridiculously expensive wig called Brazilian hair.

1 Like

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Lexolhis20(m): 9:39pm On May 27, 2020
No "goody goody"
No "pako biscuit"
No "kito sandal"
No "eleganza"
No "sega"
No "super mario"
No "nintendo"
No "baba dudu"
No "gowon finger nails"
No "palito"

2 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by TPound(m): 9:40pm On May 27, 2020
mizzbouqui:
6.  The drink you find at every party
Growing up, no birthday party was complete without this drink and its favourite brother, Crush.

You can still find this around badagry
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Shittuakeem(m): 9:42pm On May 27, 2020
Tandy soft drink with dark bottle

5 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Lexolhis20(m): 9:44pm On May 27, 2020
kolaaderin:
What do you mean abacha fingernails.. Abacha was darn to resent men. The real name is Gowan fingernails (eekana Gowan) no body can dispute that name of the sweet. Melted sugar with broom.
i feel you
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by TwoBottles: 9:47pm On May 27, 2020
kolaaderin:
This drink was only for those that grew up in Lagos. No gold spot outside Lagos. U only get Crush, Coca-Cola, Pepsi or sprite.

I used to buy gold spot and limca in Jos.
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Peppermintflav: 9:51pm On May 27, 2020
grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Peppermintflav: 9:53pm On May 27, 2020
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Therapyken(m): 9:54pm On May 27, 2020
jericco1:
No “Kito”? undecided
KITO DEY THEN THERE WAS ALSO 'FISH'
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Kiddo01(m): 9:54pm On May 27, 2020
Never lose hope in ur life endeavors, if the post made since 2016 will be FP today, ur struggle WI never go invain

1 Like

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Yeligray(m): 9:56pm On May 27, 2020
kolaaderin:
Shadelamp threading control, the Kerosene Gas of those days, Video cassette Rewinder. And this thread every slay queen of those days made of their natural hair before those ridiculously expensive wig called Brazilian hair.
haha

4 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Martinez39s(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2020
I can relate. grin Jeez, my childhood memories just came back like a sudden heavy rain. I remember loving Speedy biscuits and Goody-goody. There was also this small square sweet in transparent plastic that came with a tiny white spatula; it had chocolate cream on one half, and milk cream on other half. grin I don't know if they still sell my lovely green, brown soldier toys. cheesy

I remember when my dad (RIP) bought this DVD game with Super Mario and Contra (damn I went very far in Contra). grin I also remember Music Africa (that's how I knew kk fosu and many Ghanaian artistes). grin Who else remembers those coloured bird whistle? Let me stop here because of time.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by emetisuccess(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2020
Do u guys remember piloting of bearings board

2 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Chummynoni(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2020
for chewing gum lovers, raise your hands if you remember banana flavour chewing gum and spirit chewing gum.. those days of putting a plank on tins and moving it like motor. days of when our parents would hide 50kobo inside our garri (for lunch)that they kept with our neighbours. so many memories.lol

1 Like

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by digitalman2811(m): 9:58pm On May 27, 2020
Good old days

2 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Ten06(m): 9:59pm On May 27, 2020
mizzbouqui:
7.  The reigning shoe
If you want to know the happening kids in school back then, just check out their feet. Most of them wore these.

Which of these things do you remember?

http://omgvoice.com/lifestyle/childhood-memories-nigerian/?geoip
Cc:Lalasticlala
I don't think Bata was around in the 90s, it was in the 80s
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by digitalman2811(m): 9:59pm On May 27, 2020
More pics

5 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by kemii3921: 10:02pm On May 27, 2020
[color=#] 734408[/color]
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Alvin007: 10:04pm On May 27, 2020
AdeolaOmoOba:
I tell you if that Kitto never dey there, the list never complete. As your money increase, your Kitto go graduate into Aerosoft. There is something called Abacha fingernails (eekana Abacha).

Kito to Cross trekkers, to aerosoft. grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Martinez39s(m): 10:06pm On May 27, 2020
digitalman2811:
Good old days
Chai! OMO elephant or whatever they call that detergent. Do you remember rushing the eleganzer pen back then instead of bic biro? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Top 10 Youngest Mothers In History And Their Ages / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day / 7 Virgins: Man Who Married His Sister In Anambra Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.