Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. (72465 Views)

Share Those Funny Memories That Make You Laugh Till Date / Femi Fani-Kayode's Childhood Photo With His Siblings / Top 15 Things We Used To Do In 80's/90's We Do No More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by damo2014(m): 10:24pm On May 27, 2020
Glink2018:
How does this post add to our personoal economy

The ones people have shared in the past that affected our economy nko, how did it affect our own purse?
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by OdefaGirl(f): 10:29pm On May 27, 2020
Op......I experienced almost all of them. grin grin grin
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by lammyna(m): 10:34pm On May 27, 2020
Check these out too

4 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Dbeautyy(m): 10:36pm On May 27, 2020
Gradually, this world is fading away. I still remember vividly been given #10 and I will buy 4 loaves of bread during my primary school days.

Still remember during my junior school days. Boiled Sweet potato laced with seasoned grinded pepper mixed with little salt grin tongue

For these pictures, I had to close my eyes so as to recall how to go about each. How I wish to upload canoe as well, but I don forget patapata. sad

2 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Kimzo: 10:37pm On May 27, 2020
Why you no add KITO sandals
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Sniper101(m): 10:40pm On May 27, 2020
My favorite was...

"Mummy & Daddy's play"

grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy
wink
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by vioment: 10:41pm On May 27, 2020
Guy you relate finish.
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Therapyken(m): 10:44pm On May 27, 2020
What about bottle cap soccer. The ball was either cloth botton or the reel of an audio cassette. We would wrap the bottle caps (we called them 'men' singular or plural) with paper and printed on them forming the jerseys. On a smooth ground surface we used writing chalk to mark the pitch. O boy i been too good. I was a champ. I fit aim the ball with the bottle cap from over 4 to 5 meters at the same time score. I dey dribble, i fit play the ball such that e go go over my opponent 'men', we dey call am 'heighting'. That time we dey organise 'world cup tournament'. You must register your team with N10. We go then construct the trophy with jik container, light bulb, the inner insulator lining of Benson & Hedges packet with 'shiny shiny'. You can imagine the finished thing wey we construct. My favorite country dey be holland. Then when we play finish, our body na white white from the chalk wey we take mark the 'field' as we dey call am. Chei! Childhood was something else. Miss those days tho.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by kvngmaxy(m): 10:48pm On May 27, 2020
who remember this one
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Nickymezor(f): 10:48pm On May 27, 2020
TwoBottles:

I used to buy gold spot and limca in Jos.
it was in IMO state as well, Okigwe precisely
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by joepepsy(m): 10:52pm On May 27, 2020
Never seen these before,me and my siblings grew up in Victoria island and poor people
don't have access to my neighborhood not like now .
mizzbouqui:
Childhood is the best time.
You don’t have many responsibilities. All you have to do is focus on school work, doing your chores at home and of course, play.
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Nickymezor(f): 10:55pm On May 27, 2020
Wat a funny thread... Sweet childhood memories awoken
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Bjainy: 10:58pm On May 27, 2020
Oya now, first to finish
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Bjainy: 11:01pm On May 27, 2020
Oya now, first to finish. Childhood life is full of fun
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by yeyedu(m): 11:04pm On May 27, 2020
mizzbouqui:
Many things from our childhoods are currently extinct now. The world has moved way past them. Here are some things that will make you miss growing up:

1.  The baba nla of rechargeable lamps
Almost everyone had these lamps. They were rechargeable and even came with a radio. Don’t tell me you don’t remember the classic red Binatone lamps:
Sunca products
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Phantoms: 11:05pm On May 27, 2020
sanyahkod:
Op, you no remember 'Super dip'? That colored powder drink like Eve.

CocaCola Solo.

Kitto sandals.

Family com video game with shekere soccer.

Good to know 'baba dudu' still exists.

And there is this coloured candy that melts in the mouth like glucose.

Wasn't born in the 90's but I met them in the 90's. grin
D candy's name is Goody-Goody.
Also remember coconut candy.
Tandi drink too.
D gud old days in naija.
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by OvisFranko: 11:07pm On May 27, 2020
Happy Children's Day to all children across the globe.

I was not born in the 90s. But OP did not include pictures of sand castles ,kites stealing 'bonga' , Police Cap made with paper, paper boats.

Childhood sweet sha.
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by mordred44: 11:13pm On May 27, 2020
Old things has passed away........gone are those days when i dey chop DANKUA YOYO BISCUIT BALEWA GOGO KOKORO DONKUNU OJOJO and so on
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by VenumX: 11:14pm On May 27, 2020
Good old days till most of those who lived them grew up to be fools.
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by kemii3132: 11:18pm On May 27, 2020
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by stevups(m): 11:20pm On May 27, 2020
At least 6 out of the 7. There was no TV to lock.
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by oyekan1997(m): 11:33pm On May 27, 2020
mizzbouqui:
4.  The ultimate after school drink
Who remembers those frozen treats in white nylon bags? My favourite was always the red ones.

I buy this thing taya den grin grin grin

Local man issa legend mhen grin
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by donmik: 11:35pm On May 27, 2020
Trustme2:
Year 2016 Post shocked shocked shocked shocked cool sad shocked shocked shocked shocked
Indeed there's hope for you and me
7up grin grin grin
Choco. Milo
A world without Boko Haram

Seriously, a world without fear of terrorism truly existed, and it keeps me worrid all times that the world is not getting better by the day.

What of the world when we could buy plenty chopings with just a red 50k coin which I even used to lick the coin itself before buying with it.

God, l trust you to what only you can do to this world again

1 Like

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by oyekan1997(m): 11:37pm On May 27, 2020
mizzbouqui:
6.  The drink you find at every party
Growing up, no birthday party was complete without this drink and its favourite brother, Crush.

Lolsss... We go con set am ontop table together with one baba dude like this. grin grin grin

God will bless you for this your thread. You don dey make reminisce some shits I did back then.
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Lamanii22(f): 11:51pm On May 27, 2020
Hmmmm the good old days before life removed our innocence...
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by PropertyBuying(f): 12:09am On May 28, 2020
DirtyGold:
We grew up on the streets... we had the best natural fun. cool

What's tha business?

1 Like

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by udemzyudex(m): 12:18am On May 28, 2020
donMIG:
Guy!
Na now I c that one wei lock game wit padlock oo
Bad baf him give me ideas
But shit brot back memories

That na when memory card never dey.
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by inioluwaDaniels(m): 12:19am On May 28, 2020
Happy children's day

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by MOnkeyBabe(f): 12:20am On May 28, 2020
mizzbouqui:
Childhood is the best time.
You don’t have many responsibilities. All you have to do is focus on school work, doing your chores at home and of course, play.
I prefer adulthood
What about the taunts by your parents of how they will send you back to naij. Fear of being tagged and labeled a failure if you drop out, etc.
Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by kaikubura: 1:53am On May 28, 2020
sanyahkod:
Op, you no remember 'Super dip'? That colored powder drink like Eve.

CocaCola Solo.

Kitto sandals.

Family com video game with shekere soccer.

Good to know 'baba dudu' still exists.

And there is this coloured candy that melts in the mouth like glucose.

Wasn't born in the 90's but I met them in the 90's. grin

The bolded is Balewa grin shocked cool

2 Likes

Re: 7 Childhood Memories Every 90’s Born Nigerian Has. by Celenwa1: 2:57am On May 28, 2020
[b][/b]O boiy me I ride tires and bores no be small I am champion in it back then, childhood sweet very well then,
No be now sickness have destroy my dream in life making me vulnerable and subject in depending on people, it's well with my soul

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Top 10 Youngest Mothers In History And Their Ages / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day / 7 Virgins: Man Who Married His Sister In Anambra Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.