Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. (2387 Views)

5 Signs That You've Found Your Soul Mate / Gentleman Grabs Fiancee's Backside In Pre-wedding Photos / 8 Ways To Win The Heart Of Stubborn Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Limus: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
8 WAYS TO KNOW THAT YOU’VE FOUND A TRUE GENTLEMAN.

1. His intentions are good.

A gentleman may not always say or do the right things. He may not always succeed. But he tries, and that’s what counts.

A gentleman’s primary goal in life is to leave the world a better place than he found it. He might do that by raising a family or starting a business he believes in, but the goal is the same: to make a positive difference.

2. He respects the needs of others.

Maybe your need in a relationship isn’t to be pampered with chivalrous gestures but rather to maintain a healthy degree of independence.

A true gentleman will respect that, and he will respect the needs of everyone else.

If you have to call off a date because your best friend just lost her job and needs support, he’ll respect that as well.

3. He takes care of himself.

If a man chooses to destroy his mind and body with excessive alcohol use, sleep deprivation or one of the other many vices of life, what makes you think he holds anyone else’s mind or body in any higher regard?

A true gentleman sees the value in life itself. That can be seen in the way he takes care of not only his appearance but also his physical and mental health.

He will undoubtedly encourage you to do the same.

4. He knows where he stands – and he respectfully sticks to it.

According to The Gentleman’s Journal, a gentleman is able to display confidence without being arrogant.

He knows what he believes in and he’s not afraid to say and act in accordance with it.

He doesn’t expect anyone to look up to his moral standard or change his or her views to match his but he will not go along with things that contradict his core beliefs.

5. He can be self-sufficient.

If a meal isn’t cooked, a gentleman doesn’t grumble and complain that his wife is being lazy. He gets up and cooks it himself.

When dating a gentleman, you never get the impression that he expects you to be like a mother to him, coddling him and taking care of his every need.

Rather, you feel that he sees you on the same plane. That’s why a gentleman dates – He wants someone of similar maturity and mind to challenge him.

6. He makes you a priority in his life.

If he didn’t have the time for you, he wouldn’t be dating you.

When dating a true gentleman, you’ll never get the impression that he’s simply putting up with you because he doesn’t want – for whatever reason – to call the relationship off.

Because as a grown man, if he didn’t think things were working out, he would confront the issue instead of dragging you along on an emotional roller coaster.

7. He has self-control.

Even in the most heated of arguments, a true gentleman will never make you fear for your own physical safety, because you know he has a firm grip on himself and his emotions.

Make no mistake – he feels just as deeply as everyone else. The difference is in how he expresses his emotions.

8. He is thankful.

Lastly, a true gentleman knows that – no matter what his position in life – he is fortunate in one way or another.

That is at the root of his kindness and loving demeanor. He sees the world around him not as something out to get him but as something that, though flawed, contains a great deal of beauty and happiness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
grin Lexxburg plz confirm this ooo
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
I guess i'm a gentleman. cool

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by MUVA(m): 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
Too tired to read this shxt.
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by SweetieConstie(f): 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
Fynestboi, are you a gentleman? grin
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Rexhenrex(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
.ladies if you want all this in a guy just wait for the lords second coming chikena.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
Op, you just described Jesus grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Charlesberry(m): 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
No 5?? For how long? shocked shocked shocked
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
I dnt find this piece useful.A man can ße wateva 2 get wat he wants...Pretenders crew
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by SweetieConstie(f): 2:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
mimzy:
gringrin
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by kinglekan: 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
mimzy:
grin grin

Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
All my gfs and bfs keep saying I'm a true gentleman so i guess the criteria up there isn't my biz cos there is only one way to know if ur really a gentleman :
>You would know ur a gentleman if those around you call you a gentleman.

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Nasri100(m): 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2016
9- females will disrespect him.

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by SweetieConstie(f): 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2016
mimzy:

abi na cheesy

Lol...

Been a while ma'am, you scarce these days.. smiley
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
SweetieConstie:

Lol...

Been a while ma'am, you scarce these days.. smiley

i went on hols wink

Back now hunnie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by kinglekan: 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
mimzy:

abi na cheesy

Op forgot to add No 9. "He can die for you". grin
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by SweetieConstie(f): 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
mimzy:

i went on hols wink

Back now hunnie

Lol... grin

Welcome back oo... Ekabo! cheesy

I missed you sha... cheesy
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by gbens2000(m): 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
okay a gentle man right nw?,u better get clay and make u self one. undecided
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
kinglekan:

Op forgot to add No 9. "He can die for you". grin

grin grin grin

In case you find him before i do, tell him I'Mpatiently waiting grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
SweetieConstie:

Lol... grin

Welcome back oo... Ekabo! cheesy

I missed you sha... cheesy

Missed you more hun wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by ariyebaba(m): 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Am a GENTLEMAN......................

grin

grin
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Dotwillis1(m): 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
ladies don't like gentle men undecided

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Lexxyburg(m): 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
TrapQueen77:
grin Lexxburg plz confirm this ooo
I'm just what the OP is talking about. cool
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
Lexxyburg:
I'm just what the OP is talking about. cool

grin aaawww my NEW BOO is here... How's ur day been going? kiss
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Lexxyburg(m): 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
TrapQueen77:

grin aaawww my NEW BOO is here... How's ur day been going? kiss
good, guess you asleep atm.

sweet dreams.
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
Lexxyburg:
good, guess you asleep atm.

sweet dreams.

I'll catch u when I wake up grin

Have a great evening ahead my new Boo kiss
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by ITbomb(m): 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
How to know that you have found a gentleman (by mamagee)

1. He has money
2. He spends the money on you
3. He is caring
4. He has much money
5. He has spendable cash
6. He is not stingy
7. He spend cash on only you
8. He doesnt disturb you with cooking, he takes you out

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Section8(m): 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
ITbomb:
How to know that you have found a gentleman (by mamagee)

1. He has money
2. He spends the money on you
3. He is caring
4. He has much money
5. He has spendable cash
6. He is not stingy
7. He spend cash on only you
8. He doesnt disturb you with cooking, he takes you out
This is the true list, respect this list!! Not the fakery conjured by Op
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Dannidom(m): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
OP am a gentle man just that I don't do most of the things you listed

sorry! bae is not complaining and I am the perfect gentleman to her
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by Slimberry1(f): 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
wink
Re: 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. by firstking01(m): 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
Op how you take know all these things cos you just defined meembarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download The Free Relationship Book,'should I Say Yes?' By Pastor Bankie (hot) / See New Photos Of Lagos Big Breasted Lady That Trends On Nairaland Sometimes Ago / Most Skinny Girls Seem To Be More Intelligent Than Most Curvy Girls. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.