Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread - TV/Movies (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread (218735 Views)

Throwback Pics Of BBNaija Bisola Wit Iyanya At 1st Ever MTN Project Fame In 2008 / Okiemute Ighorodje Wins MTN Project Fame Season 9 / Project Fame Season 9 Grand Finale: Drop Your Predictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Tidamsel: 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
petiteee:
Worst performance for me was Okiemute undecided
Itz lyk d best 1z av becom beta while d beta 1z av becom d best
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Dqueenzy(f): 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2016
petiteee:
Worst performance for me was Okiemute undecided
My sister it was over worse for me(if there is anything like that),ariwo ko ni music,she just shouted down the group performance.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by tomisinbaby(f): 8:24pm On Sep 17, 2016
According to their performances
1.elizabeth
2.kitay
3.dapo
4.pere
5.winner
6.okiemute
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by femorra(m): 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
I think Okiemute was MADE to use a wrong key see tweets between @alphageekform and @igesings o twitter right now
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by chidi4eze(m): 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
I was clapping for Elizabeth throughout her performance...best performance on Mtn project fame season 9 for me ...God bless u

4 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Tidamsel: 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
loadux:

Kitay:I agree with you a 100% his performance was pretty boring upto the point of free-styling which actually saved the day.

Okeimute: I expected much more from her the singing was just not it at all she was out of breath for most of it

Dapo: I kinda of enjoyed his performance today for the first time I think he's beginning to feel more comfortable on the stage.

Pere's performance was good I loved it, would have loved more drama with it though.

Winner: I loved winners performance today she actually tried beyond my expectations even though would have love if her hips were more flexible and she moved them.

Elbee: Queen of the house made the whole boring show worth seeing today and I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually wins it this season
She said it na durin harry songz visit 2 d houx wen de were freestylin d song cald I WISH she said "if i kill kitay I no care" which literaly mins dat if she winz pf9 ova kitay SHE AINT CARE. Thus dz nw makez me 2 biliv dat wot de av 4 each oda is nt luv rada its lust in d sense dat non of dm r rd 2 sacrifice d 5 million naira 4 deir luv. Hmn tinx wey povaty dey cos ehn,ot pple usually say luv is blind y is it nt blind in dz case. Well I tink wot de want is 4 eida of dm 2 win it den sopot each oda wit d litle he or she can help datz if d luv is rily tru n worth sharin or helpin irespective of who winz d crown even if d oda is rewarded wit somtn.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by petiteee(f): 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2016
Dqueenzy:
My sister it was over worse for me(if there is anything like that),ariwo ko ni music,she just shouted down the group performance.
as in ehn. Winner sef do pass her. shocked Shuu
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Zuria(f): 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2016
Elizabeth on point, other contestants should just go home with their transport!!!!! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by mythoughts: 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2016
Lizzy killed that song...the girl is good...she sang well...n her her choreography was on point.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by larrygal(f): 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2016
samhay:
And it was a show filled with pressure from start but thank God it ended well.

Kitay :It was a below par performance from the King. There was no excitement or high point....
I am going to give him KUDOS for some things he did

On noticing the performance was nt being felt, He switched quickly and did a freestyle which was not bad at all.

He went down to the audience and picked a lady,but the lady refused to get up

Had to go to Ms Loveth and she actually stood to dance with him and saved the day.

A good and talented performer THINKS FAST

Based on the standard he has set THIS IS POOR

OKIEMUTE: Anoda below par performance, nothing much to say. IT IS POOR

DAPO: Still stuck to his gun,gave an average performance as usual

PERE: It is also a poor night for him, The performance was below

WINNER: 1stly, whoeva select songs for them needs to be jailed. It was just like a set up to bring her down. It was poor,She couldn't move not to talk of keeping up with the tempo. To cap it all,she already lost her voice b4 the performance no thanks to the GROUP SONG PERFORMANCE.

Which brings me to the group song...... IT WAS ALL NOISE!!!

When the whole show became boring,I strayed to anoda thing

Guys wat was MTN thinking wen dey did dat 'PALASA PHONE ADVERT'?

This is 2016 and u r singing 'go drop palasa fone'
Am confused. This should av been an advert of 2010 wen smartphone just dey arrive naija.

Anyway,back to the show

ELIZABETH: I was nt sure of wat to expect during my preview but I was sure this performance will determine a lot .

I am short of words. She Murdered the song....... Somebody should please describe her performance. I want to go and watch again
did will be d third time am watching Lizzy performance ....hanhan she tried
abt winner even bibi knew tonight DAT she made a wrong choice.....she was given an uncomplimented comment from bibi
only God knows wat happen to kitay....I think he has given us too much at the beginning of d show felt his elastic limit has been exceeded.....
as I dey look am so ...if care s not taken Lizzy will be crown d winner.....
abt tonight....,,,,her performance ,,,,,am short of words.....hmmmmm kizzez

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Tidamsel: 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
Dqueenzy:
U no say if u dey praize somtn 2 much e dey mak dat tin head dey swell well well. Well dey all tried deir best jus dat m of dm wern't givn d ryt choice of song. Bt nt kitay n okiemute cuz no mata aw borin a song is dey alwaiz killd it n maks it interestn so I dnt no wot hapnd 2dy mayb is ovapraize or d fear of no more probatn dats y. I jus dnt no sha.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by duperola(f): 9:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
what a boring show!thank God they saved d best for d last.Elizabeth just tempted me into voting for her first time ever.i am beginning to wish she wins this!

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by amicable09(f): 9:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
sleepyeyez:

Ahhh! My love. Seemss like ur boss/lecturer(dnt no which)isntgiving u breathing space. For what?! Let me have his phone numbe!
Lol.
Okay, Lemme give you his number. Can I have your kpalasa? grin
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by larrygal(f): 9:09pm On Sep 17, 2016
loadux:

Kitay:I agree with you a 100% his performance was pretty boring upto the point of free-styling which actually saved the day.

Okeimute: I expected much more from her the singing was just not it at all she was out of breath for most of it

Dapo: I kinda of enjoyed his performance today for the first time I think he's beginning to feel more comfortable on the stage.

Pere's performance was good I loved it, would have loved more drama with it though.

Winner: I loved winners performance today she actually tried beyond my expectations even though would have love if her hips were more flexible and she moved them.

Elbee: Queen of the house made the whole boring show worth seeing today and I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually wins it this season
loadux:

loadux:

winner keee.....she did not try oooo....intact her starting spoiled everything I nearly heard her after my hips don't lie....in short she s out of breath,,she can't move and d same time shouting ....bibi even pointed out all dis...
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Febz9(f): 9:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
Wow! Lizzy rili did justice to dat song. Kudos to Ms Lovette too for choreography.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Febz9(f): 9:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
Wow! Lizzy rili did justice to dat song. Kudos to Ms Lovette too for d choreography.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by reasonwitme: 9:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
reasonwitme:
I give it to Elizabeth.she is in it for d ultimate prize.kitay,pere,okiemute, dapo and winner in order of preference.
my opinion still stands.she has d qualities needed;charismatic,emotional,dramatic, vocal dexterity, she is beautiful too.I have watched her growth n she is in for it.not forgetting her enviable fan base.I will vote for Elizabeth.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by amicable09(f): 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
Man Down!
Now I've come to the conclusion that this show is staged. There's a recurring trend - Saving the best for last!

With all the average performances seen tonight like their voices are stressed and they are afraid of the unknown which awaits them, I think they deserve a week of rest.

Kitay, I love your freestyle. It made up for what your dance lacked.

Okiemute, tonight wasn't your lucky night. I guess some days are like that.

Winner ... Lol. I love your song honestly but your hips lie small grin.

Dapo!!! At this point I got excited. Why? Because for the first time, they gave you your size.cheesy Like that MTN medium bundle data subscription package, you did not go for extra large like you did in Taxi Driver. Well done √

Pere cheesy, you have won my heart with your playfulness. Even if you just come on stage and smile at us on a Dancehall night, I'll dance grin.

Elizabeth!!!! Tonight, you not only shot a man but you shut down an entire show. You told a story in a very compelling way, so so detailed with so much information to put you behind bars grin. We understand that you didn't mean to kill him but you did and that is enough to grant you 'bail' grin

I'm giving you my vote this week cheesy
For me, Show Down!

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Tidamsel: 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
amicable09:
Man Down!
Now I've come to the conclusion that this show is staged. There's a recurring trend - Saving the best for last!

With all the average performances seen tonight like their voices are stressed and they are afraid of the unknown which awaits them, I think they deserve a week of rest.

Kitay, I love your freestyle. It made up for what your dance lacked.

Okiemute, tonight wasn't your lucky night. I guess some days are like that.

Winner ... Lol. I love your song honestly but your hips lie small grin.

Dapo!!! At this point I got excited. Why? Because for the first time, they gave you your size.cheesy Like that MTN medium bundle data subscription package, you did not go for extra large like you did in Taxi Driver. Well done √

Pere cheesy, you have won my heart with your playfulness. Even if you just come on stage and smile at us on a Dancehall night, I'll dance grin.

Elizabeth!!!! Tonight, you not only shot a man but you shut down an entire show. You told a story in a very compelling way, so so detailed with so much information to put you behind bars grin. We understand that you didn't mean to kill him but you did and that is enough to grant you 'bail' grin

I'm giving you my vote this week cheesy
For me, Show Down!
Yz o 2 okiemute u try jare evrdy is nt christmas
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by amicable09(f): 10:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
Tidamsel:
Yz o 2 okiemute u try jare evrdy is nt christmas
Everyday no be Christmas true true.
When she went back and climbed that stuff, I was hoping she'll Summersault since she hadn't done anything spectacular but unfortunately, the light just went dim and that was the end. *sad*

The film no sweet at all grin
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
Indeed the race is not the swift. Less than two weeks to go, Kitay and Okemuite are giving these ordinary performances.

Tomorrow will decide who I'm giving all my votes to......... Elizabeth or Okemuite.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 12:35am On Sep 18, 2016
samhay:
And it was a show filled with pressure from start but thank God it ended well.

Kitay :It was a below par performance from the King. There was no excitement or high point....
I am going to give him KUDOS for some things he did

On noticing the performance was nt being felt, He switched quickly and did a freestyle which was not bad at all.

He went down to the audience and picked a lady,but the lady refused to get up

Had to go to Ms Loveth and she actually stood to dance with him and saved the day.

A good and talented performer THINKS FAST

Based on the standard he has set THIS IS POOR

OKIEMUTE: Anoda below par performance, nothing much to say. IT IS POOR

DAPO: Still stuck to his gun,gave an average performance as usual

PERE: It is also a poor night for him, The performance was below

WINNER: 1stly, whoeva select songs for them needs to be jailed. It was just like a set up to bring her down. It was poor,She couldn't move not to talk of keeping up with the tempo. To cap it all,she already lost her voice b4 the performance no thanks to the GROUP SONG PERFORMANCE.

Which brings me to the group song...... IT WAS ALL NOISE!!!

When the whole show became boring,I strayed to anoda thing

Guys wat was MTN thinking wen dey did dat 'PALASA PHONE ADVERT'?

This is 2016 and u r singing 'go drop palasa fone'
Am confused. This should av been an advert of 2010 wen smartphone just dey arrive naija.

Anyway,back to the show

ELIZABETH: I was nt sure of wat to expect during my preview but I was sure this performance will determine a lot .

I am short of words. She Murdered the song....... Somebody should please describe her performance. I want to go and watch again

KITAY
Yea I agree with you on kitay. Our most consistent contestant was shockingly below par given all he's brought to the table this season. Started off shaky.
I wasn't exactly feeling his "freestyle"(doubt if he really totally flowed on the go but who knows) but it was alright.
Didn't hear any screams of "WAARRRII!! after the performance. He knew something was amiss.
Trust kitay to make an great turn around next night tho

OKIEMUTE
I did predict in my preview that this was going to happen. Bae doesn't understand that at times less can be more.
She's always been able to strike a balance between singing and her performance till last week. She also didn't walk the fine line today as it affected her delivery. That song didn't need all that energy but she go hear?
Something xtra needs 2 b done 2 turn off her over heating or her engine go soon knock.

DAPO
Nah. It might have to take his original comp. for him to get tongues wagging bout him.
Another average one for me.

PERE
Wasn't bad. Yea, it wasn't mindblowing but was still vintage Pere. No bar raised though.

WINNER
I agree that the faculty should have helped her out here. No way she was gonna excel with that song choice. If for instance,dapo isn't burdened with choreographt or can get songs seemingly tailor-made for his chords week in , week out(though he wouldn't really deliver) then why not winner? She fought bravely but wetin pass u, pass u.

ELIZABETH
If she gives the kind of amazing performance she gave today(yesterday) one more time, den it would definitely become a three-horse race. Kitay and Okeimute should be worried.
Girl didn't just shoot a man down, she shut the stage down.
With no pressure,she gave us a believable beauty of a performance. She didn't let all that was going on stage stump her vocal delivery as she brought it('cept for one flat note, I think, but it was negligble jor)

However
I couldn't help feeling that the plan to make elizabeth the talk of the night was already in motion before the thing set sef.
Lizzy was slated to be the last performer of the night.
Seemed like MTN PF also went out of their way ensure that a great stage storyline,props,etc were put together to ensure one hell of a memorable performance was given. No other contestant got that, on the night. #justsaying

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 12:50am On Sep 18, 2016
amicable09:

Lol.
Okay, Lemme give you his number. Can I have your kpalasa? grin

Bet darling, why?
Now the whole world don know say I dey use kpalasa!
*sadly goes to bed*

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 3:19am On Sep 18, 2016
sleepyeyez:

KITAY
Yea I agree with you on kitay. Our most consistent contestant was shockingly below par given all he's brought to the table this season. Started off shaky.
I wasn't exactly feeling his "freestyle"(doubt if he really totally flowed on the go but who knows) but it was alright.
Didn't hear any screams of "WAARRRII!! after the performance. He knew something was amiss.
Trust kitay to make an great turn around next night tho

OKIEMUTE
I did predict in my preview that this was going to happen. Bae doesn't understand that at times less can be more.
She's always been able to strike a balance between singing and her performance till last week. She also didn't walk the fine line today as it affected her delivery. That song didn't need all that energy but she go hear?
Something xtra needs 2 b done 2 turn off her over heating or her engine go soon knock.

DAPO
Nah. It might have to take his original comp. for him to get tongues wagging bout him.
Another average one for me.

PERE
Wasn't bad. Yea, it wasn't mindblowing but was still vintage Pere. No bar raised though.

WINNER
I agree that the faculty should have helped her out here. No way she was gonna excel with that song choice. If for instance,dapo isn't burdened with choreographt or can get songs seemingly tailor-made for his chords week in , week out(though he wouldn't really deliver) then why not winner? She fought bravely but wetin pass u, pass u.

ELIZABETH
If she gives the kind of amazing performance she gave today(yesterday) one more time, den it would definitely become a three-horse race. Kitay and Okeimute should be worried.
Girl didn't just shoot a man down, she shut the stage down.
With no pressure,she gave us a believable beauty of a performance. She didn't let all that was going on stage stump her vocal delivery as she brought it('cept for one flat note, I think, but it was negligble jor)

However
I couldn't help feeling that the plan to make elizabeth the talk of the night was already in motion before the thing set sef.
Lizzy was slated to be the last performer of the night.
Seemed like MTN PF also went out of their way ensure that a great stage storyline,props,etc were put together to ensure one hell of a memorable performance was given. No other contestant got that, on the night. #justsaying

I will disagree with ur conclusion, All contestants got sometin they needed. Also Elizabeth has opened the show 1s or so, Had no problem with the arrangement especially wen I saw kitay performing 1st which he has neva done.
Saying they went out of their way is probably wrong. Of all the songs performed last night,hers is the only 1 dat has a story to tell. She got the necessary cast to act her story out and she did a gr8 job.

What if she didn't use it t well,we will say, despite getting wat she needed, she did not make use of it.

Eli got a Lady to perform 'FALL IN LOVE WITH' we knew aw it went, He got for 'DIFFERENT COLOUR', Dapo got for TAXI DRIVER, Mirabel got for JOHNNY, Okiemute got for FADA FADA, I can go on and on.

We knew aw dis pple used their props and d outcome.

I give it all to ELIZABETH for telling her story.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 5:39am On Sep 18, 2016
samhay:

I will disagree with ur conclusion, All contestants got sometin they needed. Also Elizabeth has opened the show 1s or so, Had no problem with the arrangement especially wen I saw kitay performing 1st which he has neva done.
Saying they went out of their way is probably wrong. Of all the songs performed last night,hers is the only 1 dat has a story to tell. She got the necessary cast to act her story out and she did a gr8 job.

What if she didn't use it t well,we will say, despite getting wat she needed, she did not make use of it.

Eli got a Lady to perform 'FALL IN LOVE WITH' we knew aw it went, He got for 'DIFFERENT COLOUR', Dapo got for TAXI DRIVER, Mirabel got for JOHNNY, Okiemute got for FADA FADA, I can go on and on.

We knew aw dis pple used their props and d outcome.

I give it all to ELIZABETH for telling her story.

I agree with you on Elizabeth........ Elizabeth has opened the show with the memorable performance of 'love don't care' and she did it well.

But I disagree with you that there's no story in other contestants songs. There is always a story behind a song. What I noticed in Kitay and Okemuite case is that they are mentally and physically tired and we the audiences are seeing it but interpreting it different ways. They just have to go the extra miles knowing people will only remember what you've done for them lately. And Lizzy is overshadowing them with her performances for the past 3 weeks.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 6:16am On Sep 18, 2016
luvmijeje:

I agree with you on Elizabeth........ Elizabeth has opened the show with the memorable performance of 'love don't care' and she did it well.

But I disagree with you that there's no story in other contestants songs. There is always a story behind a song. What I noticed in Kitay and Okemuite case is that they are mentally and physically tired and we the audiences are seeing it but interpreting it different ways. They just have to go the extra miles knowing people will only remember what you've done for them lately. And Lizzy is overshadowing them with her performances for the past 3 weeks.

Am sorry to say there is no story for the other songs, but blv me Elizabeth had a story everyone can easily relate to and she really toldbit the way it was
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2016
samhay:

Am sorry to say there is no story for the other songs, but blv me Elizabeth had a story everyone can easily relate to and she really toldbit the way it was

I beg to disagree..... Kitay and Okemuite's songs are more relatable. Majority of us will go through the process of psyching up a lady or a guy. They are love songs and at the same time fun or a danceable songs.

We are talking about Elizabeth's performance because she did it very well but last week she did the same danceable song Kitay and Okemuite did this week and she killed it. The difference is that she is more free, fun and look fresher.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 8:27am On Sep 18, 2016
luvmijeje:

Thanks luvmijeje for pointing out the later point.
I knew samhay was gonna go there. What he may have forgotten is that storylines can even be created from just the title of a song if one so wishes. Look at the titles "hips don't lie" and "tempted to touch". Ideas are already ringing in my head. All it requires is a bit of imagination, a little creative thought process.
But let me delve deeper by focusing on a few songs by the contestants to dispel samhay's idea that the others don't have storylines.

LOVE IS WICKED
"Love is wicked" is a actually a heartbreak song, forget the groovy riddim beat. Listen to the lyrics or strip that beat n sing it like a ballad n u'll understand. I could think of quite a number ofstorylines to back it up. In the song, the persona is disappointed with the fact that a guy she thought would change, didn't. You also find her wishing he could change his mind and make him stay. She then talked about the pain in her heart, tears she shed while hugging her pillow, the sleep she couldn't get cos of her thoughts, how friends came around during this painful period. You also hear her saying that from the very start she knew that her heart would end up being broken,but the love she felt for him obviously made her damn the consequences. Need I go on? see a story here?

Let me pick one more. BOUNCE ALONG. Just seems like your average party song. listen again you'll see that the persona is probably one who is used to being surrounded by a bevy of beauties, but is now nuts about one girl. He believes he has found the ONE after a long search,and needs no other lady. Sleeping alone becomes a problem. When the object of his love is not around, it seems like he's going to go crazy. Don't see the story here?
Let me stop here, but do mention any of the other songs , let me also do what I did with the ones above. You'll be amazed at what one can come up with if one looks beyond the surface at times.

Samhay, before I forget, u also talked about the others being given great stage storylines. Really? Ok o. Elizabeth comes in with prison clothes, flanked by law enforcement officials. Has a sit-down with a high ranking official and explains how the alleged crime took place , then we have some sorta flashback of lizzy shooting one of the dancers with emphasis on the gunshot effect, then we are taken back to the investigation scene and she finally gets returned to her cell. Brother, this is miles and miles and miles ahead of a bespectacled Eli just clumsily rocking and hugging a dancer na. Where the story there na? I don't even wanna go into what you can pull out of dbanjs "fall in love" lyrics.
And my memory don fail me again so pls renind me of d great storyline Winner has been given this season.
Jus havin fun bt I speak truth(mostly)
#conspiracytheorist
grin
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 8:38am On Sep 18, 2016
luvmijeje:

I beg to disagree..... Kitay and Okemuite's songs are more relatable. Majority of us will go through the process of psyching up a lady or a guy. They are love songs and at the same time fun or a danceable songs.

We are talking about Elizabeth's performance because she did it very well but last week she did the same danceable song Kitay and Okemuite did this week and she killed it. The difference is that she is more free, fun and look fresher.

Paint a picture of what their performance should av looked like

Modified

Seen up
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by samhay: 8:54am On Sep 18, 2016
sleepyeyez:

Thanks luvmijeje for pointing out the later point.
I knew samhay was gonna go there. What he may have forgotten is that storylines can even be created from just the title of a song if one so wishes. Look at the titles "hips don't lie" and "tempted to touch". Ideas are already ringing in my head. All it requires is a bit of imagination, a little creative thought process.
But let me delve deeper by focusing on a few songs by the contestants to dispel samhay's idea that the others don't have storylines.

LOVE IS WICKED
"Love is wicked" is a actually a heartbreak song, forget the groovy riddim beat. Listen to the lyrics or strip that beat n sing it like a ballad n u'll understand. I could think of quite a number ofstorylines to back it up. In the song, the persona is disappointed with the fact that a guy she thought would change, didn't. You also find her wishing he could change his mind and make him stay. She then talked about the pain in her heart, tears she shed while hugging her pillow, the sleep she couldn't get cos of her thoughts, how friends came around during this painful period. You also hear her saying that from the very start she knew that her heart would end up being broken,but the love she felt for him obviously made her damn the consequences. Need I go on? see a story here?

Let me pick one more. BOUNCE ALONG. Just seems like your average party song. listen again you'll see that the persona is probably one who is used to being surrounded by a bevy of beauties, but is now nuts about one girl. He believes he has found the ONE after a long search,and needs no other lady. Sleeping alone becomes a problem. When the object of his love is not around, it seems like he's going to go crazy. Don't see the story here?
Let me stop here, but do mention any of the other songs , let me also do what I did with the ones above. You'll be amazed at what one can come up with if one looks beyond the surface at times.

Samhay, before I forget, u also talked about the others being given great stage storylines. Really? Ok o. Elizabeth comes in with prison clothes, flanked by law enforcement officials. Has a sit-down with a high ranking official and explains how the alleged crime took place , then we have some sorta flashback of lizzy shooting one of the dancers with emphasis on the gunshot effect, then we are taken back to the investigation scene and she finally gets returned to her cell. Brother, this is miles and miles and miles ahead of a bespectacled Eli just clumsily rocking and hugging a dancer na. Where the story there na? I don't even wanna go into what you can pull out of dbanjs "fall in love" lyrics.
And my memory don fail me again so pls renind me of d great storyline Winner has been given this season.
Jus havin fun bt I speak truth(mostly)
#conspiracytheorist
grin

Seriously, I agree with ur points.

Am rooting for Kitay I must say,but I blv he could av done beta with wat he had, so also Okiemute. And for me I av not seen any #ConspiracyTheory..

Winner gat 'Emi ni baller', Dats a lot of swagz and attitude song but nothing came out of it.

Now anoda thing is, I guess wen d faculty gave dis pple idea of aw dey want d song to be,dey just agree and take it like dat instead of being creative.

Remember Yusuf said he would av loved ti av guys standing like gladiators behind him wen he performed d song.

The question is did he raise his opinion b4 d show? NO

During our session with STEVE on WhatsApp, he told us while preparing for 'NUMB' He told d contestants he would love to slide which dey brushed off,but wen he told Ms Loveth, she agreed and even gave him a Knee guard.

What am I saying?

I agree wit wat u av said but I blv d guys were not creative on their own cept for Kitay who say d way things was going and tried to work tins out.

Would never put a blame on d faculty for yesterday's performance cos u as an artist also ought to make things easy for dem.

Then do realize there is a difference between getting a prop and making use of it.

That's y I kept on hammering it dat I GIVE ALL FOR ELIZABETH. She gat d props and made good use of it.

Summation: #NoConspiracyTheory
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by sleepyeyez(m): 9:18am On Sep 18, 2016
samhay:

Seriously, I agree with ur points.

Am rooting for Kitay I must say,but I blv he could av done beta with wat he had, so also Okiemute. And for me I av not seen any #ConspiracyTheory..

Winner gat 'Emi ni baller', Dats a lot of swagz and attitude song but nothing came out of it.

Now anoda thing is, I guess wen d faculty gave dis pple idea of aw dey want d song to be,dey just agree and take it like dat instead of being creative.

Remember Yusuf said he would av loved ti av guys standing like gladiators behind him wen he performed d song.

The question is did he raise his opinion b4 d show? NO

During our session with STEVE on WhatsApp, he told us while preparing for 'NUMB' He told d contestants he would love to slide which dey brushed off,but wen he told Ms Loveth, she agreed and even gave him a Knee guard.

What am I saying?

I agree wit wat u av said but I blv d guys were not creative on their own cept for Kitay who say d way things was going and tried to work tins out.

Would never put a blame on d faculty for yesterday's performance cos u as an artist also ought to make things easy for dem.

Then do realize there is a difference between getting a prop and making use of it.

That's y I kept on hammering it dat I GIVE ALL FOR ELIZABETH. She gat d props and made good use of it.

Summation: #NoConspiracyTheory

True. So true.
It would defintely take a contestant with the x factor to make a good story line great. Lizzy does have that wow factor. Just isn't consistent with it tho.
It might have been another story if winner was giving the same set to work with but who knows?

Coming to the idea of contestants takin charge of the creative wheel, I also agree with you.I said in a previous post that some contestants just join the academy with little else to offer than a pretty voice. One of the reasons why we have a huge number of them who get to this stage and then disappear,doing little or nothing with the fame they've been given on a platter.

About the conspiracy theory ish
Just me playfully sugesting that am the type who loves to look at things from a different perspective no mater how absurd at times it might b.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by inimitkel(m): 12:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
Been a little difficult following the show lately(work)...hardly even comment on the whatsapp group but I had to download friday's performance & see for myself & yea it all seems the tables are indeed turning: the Kitay's seem to be forgetting that the end justifies the means...eXceptional performance from Lizzy(I can literally say she's top 2 already...& Winner seem to have been delegated the least position unconciously)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (102) (Reply)

Power TV Series Fan Thread: STARZ / Watch Nigerian Movies Online For Free / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free..,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.