Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread - TV/Movies (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread (219463 Views)

Throwback Pics Of BBNaija Bisola Wit Iyanya At 1st Ever MTN Project Fame In 2008 / Okiemute Ighorodje Wins MTN Project Fame Season 9 / Project Fame Season 9 Grand Finale: Drop Your Predictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by amicable09(f): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2016
imoniyi:

No xenophobia joh. Didn't affect me last year. I think SA is better than Ghana nd 9ja. 9ja wen they no dey give admission quickly. I no stress myself on 9ja admission jare. They didn't attack 9ja then, but we Nigerians dey corrupt. They must know us wherever we are. Selling drugs and co
Oh really? I'm glad it didn't affect you.
If you, who is there is saying this then I believe you. The press keeps feeding us with lies. I thought the South Africans were on a killing rampage destroying all Nigerians in sight. Good to hear from a Nigerian with firsthand info.

Nigerians selling drugs, mmmh, it's unfortunate. Frustration pushed them to it and they are tarnishing our image over there. When our country gets better, they'll all return and find clean things to do.

What are you studying?
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by tspun(m): 10:41am On Sep 25, 2016
Congratulations to Okiemute. She deserve it if you ask me. Thanks to all those that made this thread a home. I called it home because when ever I leave the offfice this thread is always where I urge to spend the rest of my time.

I felt so great reading your wonderful comments. One again i say THANKS TO YOU ALL.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by comediancele(m): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2016
When You smoke what is more than the capacity of your brain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpqHqse8IDM

lmao like our page Cele Comedy for more videeos
Video Credit- Cele Comedy episode 1

Like this page for more
For more funny cele comedy subscribe to our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqzggmyCTs_dNpFlICigDdA
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Sleekyshuga(f): 11:35am On Sep 25, 2016
shumuel:

Anyways i knew a lady would win and it was certain when that ashawo Praiz added a trip to SA to the Prize, even Bolanle gave a funny reaction when she mentioned it, hmmm... Make he sha no give our Okiemute belle o before the trip ends, Mr Ashewo Rich & Famous grin
Hahahhahaha @ Mr Ashewo Rich & Famous grin. Leave Oga Praiz oo.. Who knows, he may have seen his 'missing rib' amongst the contestants cheesy.. Why you wan use your Afro pop spoil Praiz blues undecided?

Okiemute: a well deserved position, even though she over hyped some of her performance which hadn't required that much energy, we still wanted her to Win, and yeah she did.
LOL @ over hyped. I had my bet on her or Kitay winning, and I was not disappointed. He was her strongest contender. Well, so much for a drama queen wink. Her talent, hard work and dedication paved way for her. Lemme goan pick up my song book undecided. It's time to hit the studio again.
**testing the microphone... 1....2....**

Elizabeth: I don't need much talk nor should i be so surprised she got this position, thats what happens when your entire church worldwide is behind you, something i thought L.F.C a.k.a Winners chapel should had done for Steve but sadly they didn't, hmmm, anyways she did good from the start and earned her place among the best 4, only that i was thinking Kitay would be placed better than/above her.
True at Kitay taking up that position but sadly, it's Project Fame where your votes counts. I loved her 'razz' side grin as she always remind me of my course rep.

Kitay: On point from start to finish, did great and he his fit for the 1st''Winner'' position but hey this is PF, where anything happens.
He has carved a niche for himself, and watch him WOW us in future. I just love the fact that he is versatile; a drama King grin. I hope his relationship with Eliza yields fruit wink.. Supporters go wan chop Jollof rice na undecided.

Pere: Pererere... Has the voice but not much of a performer, wanted him to be right where he his, so its all perfect for him atleast he has something to take home to his mama oooo grin.
I'm so happy that he got something at last kiss. He replaced the love I had for Steve. The N2 million go at least fetch good things for the mama.

Dapo: If he takes is acts seriously, i see him as one of those contestants who didn't win anything but made it big outside the academy, i only pray he does.
Project Fame has given him a platform plus he is still very young. With the right connection, he will give us the 'Timaya kinda party songs grin.'

Winner: Let her just go Gospel, giving us some real gospel songs that touches the soul, the ones that makes you close your eye and connect with your maker ''God'', with tear drops rolling down your cheek, like Cece wanners, she is good and i see her successful with that, Secular no be her thing.
Spot on!! She is more of the Sinach, Joe Praise etc kinda singers. Anything secular isn't for her, well, except R n Bs. I hope she realizes this on time, and work towards it.

Sleekyshuga thanks for keeping the thread alive.
I enjoyed every bit of the analysis, debates, arguments, sarcasms, drama while this thread lasted.

Am Shu'muel and am signing out. Lets do this again next year, or should i say kuntinue grin.
**In Falz voice** Kizzez kiss kiss

Samhay, hope you staying strong bro.
We care, bro. Hope you come out stronger.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by enemmo(f): 11:37am On Sep 25, 2016
sleepyeyez:

The points I agree with.

Praiz made a point iv always been in support of. Personal compositions a week before the finale wouldn't be such a terrible idea.

The faculty does need to step up. Ill also score them low on song choices this season.

Benjamin and Bolanle need host lessons from "so you think you can dance" host, Cat Deeley.(One of my favouite hosts). They've manned the post for a couple years n not much evolving has taken place.

HOWEVER
I don't get your grouse with her peformance of tiwa savage's "standing ovation"
I do agree the rendition was overhyped but u said something about singing what many couldn't understand.
tiwa's verses were in english and Nigerians undestand that. U also wanted the song to have an indigenous feel. The chorus and olamide's verse were in yoruba. So maybe I no understand you cos its been a long night n sleep don dey catch me. Or did she use some other foreign language at the finale? Dnt no cos I haven't watched it yet. So Pray, do explain that part again.
sleepy you still dey sleep?LOL. I think she meant Lizzys personal composition. Maybe an indigenous touch would have made it more relatable eg Iyawo mi where there is small yoruba.Maybe?The presenters issue sef Don tire me,Let it not be as if am nagging. There are many reality shows that have just one presenter and it's much more lively than Bolanle and Joseph. Bolanle looks like she was thrown into something she doesn't fully comprehend and to her it's a fashion thing,her stylist is not helping matters as it seems like they are clothing her in all sorts.
Anyways rant aside,The show needs a total overhaul. I have been a big fan since season 1 and this season wasn't as exciting. I remember in years past,I wouldn't miss a single show even daily shows.
Congratulations to Okiemute. Her Friends and family went all out for her,and fans too. One guy that came even said she was his former neighbour in warri,she strikes me as a good person.
Thanks to everyone for making it a very interesting season.
Samhay!My sincerest condolences. You made this thread fun and you kept us informed. God bless.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by imoniyi(f): 12:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
amicable09:

Oh really? I'm glad it didn't affect you.
If you, who is there is saying this then I believe you. The press keeps feeding us with lies. I thought the South Africans were on a killing rampage destroying all Nigerians in sight. Good to hear from a Nigerian with firsthand info.

Nigerians selling drugs, mmmh, it's unfortunate. Frustration pushed them to it and they are tarnishing our image over there. When our country gets better, they'll all return and find clean things to do.

What are you studying?

Studying public health .. Seriously what Nigerians are doing here, some tho. They fear us like we dey GBA them stuffs like that sha. D thing was only in one part of South Africa, it was a misunderstanding oo. The attack, the misquoted one king like that
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Tidamsel: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mirabel2032:
Okiemute!!!! Am soooo hapi for you. Did any1 see mirabel yestrdy wen okiemute was performing her song. Buh i love pererere sha.
Yz I did she wz feelin okiemute's pc n also danced a bit with pere durin ez pc.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by LeSudAfricaine: 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
amicable09:

Oh! Nice.
But why did you leave all the schools in Nigeria and Ghana, only to travel down to South Africa for studies?

Isn't xenophobia real anymore in SA?
I have a feeling that those guys are hostile to strangers particularly Nigerians and I understand why. They have been through hell as a country.
You are dead wrong! South Africans are weary of Nigerians just like any other country in the world, no prizes for guessing why,It really has nothing to do with our history absoluitely nothing! South Africa is the country with the most African immigrants, and we are doing our best to accomodate them. The question you should be asking is why are countries hostile to Nigerians
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by imoniyi(f): 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
You are dead wrong! South Africans are weary of Nigerians just like any other country in the world, no prizes for guessing why,It really has nothing to do with our history absoluitely nothing! South Africa is the country with the most African immigrants, and we are doing our best to accomodate them. The question you should be asking is why are countries hostile to Nigerians

Exactly but seriously SA is overpopulated like foreigners too much. They tried . yes countries are hostile to Nigerians u know 9ja and corruption and the way some Pple make money Yahoo 419 nd ko. We need to change. Its a long story
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by TopWinner(m): 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
OKIEMUTE!!!!
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by TopWinner(m): 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
You people were just shouting Warri!!!!!
Y'all didn't vote for Kitay.
Smh.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by aalangel(f): 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
Well, I said it right from when i decided to watch them again that Okiemute was the best. Like Enemmo said, the show needs a total overhauling, from Presenters to Judges and Faculty.

For the first time after Chidinma, the finalists got what they deserved accordingly. Though I wish it was Kitay that was 1st runner-up not razz girl Elizabeth who I can't really stand (she's just fortunate). Her gra-gra annoys me. Her fans should not eat me raw. My opinion.

Congrats Okiemute, shine on!!!

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by enemmo(f): 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
TopWinner:
You people were just shouting Warri!!!!!

Y'all didn't vote for Kitay.

Smh.
LOL.At least he got a car with 2 milla.That car na tear rubber. Cha Cha. Hope Warri people go welcome am Sha.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by DarkRed(m): 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
aalangel:
Well, I said it right from when i decided to watch them again that Okiemute was the best. Like Enemmo said, the show needs a total overhauling, from Presenters to Judges and Faculty.

For the first time after Chidinma, the finalists got what they deserved accordingly. Though I wish it was Kitay that was 1st runner-up not razz girl Elizabeth who I can't really stand (she's just fortunate). Her gra-gra annoys me. Her fans should not eat me raw. My opinion.

Don't worry, we will cook you first.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by aalangel(f): 7:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
DarkRed:
Don't worry, we will cook you first.
Una fit?

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by aalangel(f): 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
Miss Ige should ask herself if she came for auditions with that voice of hers, if she'll be taken.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
aalangel:

For the first time after Chidinma, the finalists got what they deserved accordingly. Though I wish it was Kitay that was [b]1st runner-up not razz girl Elizabeth who I can't really stand (she's just fortunate). [/b]Her gra-gra annoys me. Her fans should not eat me raw. My opinion.

Why do you say Elizabeth is razz?

Na una type deh call actress weh act ashewo well inside film ashewo outside.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by debque(m): 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
aalangel:
Miss Ige should ask herself if she came for auditions with that voice of hers, if she'll be taken.
kuku kill am

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by aalangel(f): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
luvmijeje:

Why do you say Elizabeth is razz?

Na una type deh call actress weh act ashewo well inside film ashewo outside.

Elizabeth is not a quiet girl, not as if everyone should be quiet. I'm not just a fan. She has her crowd. Good for her.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by aalangel(f): 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
debque:
kuku kill am
Answer me.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by shumuel(m): 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Hahahhahaha @ Mr Ashewo Rich & Famous grin. Leave Oga Praiz oo.. Who knows, he may have seen his 'missing rib' amongst the contestants cheesy.. Why you wan use your Afro pop spoil Praiz blues undecided

Lol grin Yimmu, the guy na Ashawo joor, you know they already know who will win, so he just played smart, ''@Missing ribs'' Na so, who wouldn't want a person Like Okeimute.

LOL @ over hyped. I had my bet on her or Kitay winning, and I was not disappointed. He was her strongest contender. Well, so much for a drama queen wink. Her talent, hard work and dedication paved way for her. Lemme goan pick up my song book undecided. It's time to hit the studio again.
**testing the microphone... 1....2....**

[b] Yeah, we all did and she didn't dissapoint us, i wanted her to win and she did.

True at Kitay taking up that position but sadly, it's Project Fame where your votes counts. I loved her 'razz' side grin as she always remind me of my course rep.

Though, i love Elisabeth and i supported her but i still think she got Kitay's position and Prize, well anyways its all over now, lets await season 10

He has carved a niche for himself, and watch him WOW us in future. I just love the fact that he is versatile; a drama King grin. I hope his relationship with Eliza yields fruit wink.. Supporters go wan chop Jollof rice na undecided.

Yeah, Can't wait for his songs to roll out

I'm so happy that he got something at last kiss. He replaced the love I had for Steve. The N2 million go at least fetch good things for the mama.

Pere got what he has earned, though deserved more but he only relied on his voice and thats not good enough

Project Fame has given him a platform plus he is still very young. With the right connection, he will give us the 'Timaya kinda party songs grin.'

Dapo only needs to get serious, he has something great in him, lets wait and see what he'll do, e now has a Million to his name

Spot on!! She is more of the Sinach, Joe Praise etc kinda singers. Anything secular isn't for her, well, except R n Bs. I hope she realizes this on time, and work towards it.

Well never say never they say, but i only see Winner succeeding in the Gospel line

I enjoyed every bit of the analysis, debates, arguments, sarcasms, drama while this thread lasted.

Yeah... grin same here, loved every bit of it all

**In Falz voice** Kizzez

grin grin grin Kizzez

We care, bro. Hope you come out stronger.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
aalangel:

Elizabeth is not a quiet girl, not as if everyone should be quiet. I'm not just a fan. She has her crowd. Good for her.

If you have put your words like this earlier I won't have disagree with you cos we all can't for feel the same way.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gara11(f): 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
Finallyyyy!!!! It is over, After abt 3mnths. I'm glad @d outcome of dis year's result.
Pere my Love, I'm hapi for u. U fnshed wrk today n reminded me of y I love u. Wish I cld employ u to sing me to slp every night grin
Kitay, I weak for u. It was a competition n even if u didn't win, u shd @least b xcited n grateful. Congratulations to you warriii!!!
Lizzy congrats bae, u deserve to b second
For Okiemute, I'm sincerely hapi for u. U always gave ur best n u didn't forget ur purpose of bn in d competitn. Enjoy ur trip to S.A wit praiz.

To the wonderful peeps who made dis thread a go-to place for me, I say a big fat thank you. I love u all,
Amicable, imoniyi, gbemmy0209, Tidamsel, shugacane, sleepyeyez, jasmine21. n to those I fail to mention, pls forgive me. Hope we get bk togeda for d nxt season

Samhay, u made dis thread more intwstin n i hope u get to c our msgs. Thanks 4 ur contributions to d thread n for all d time u made me laff. I pray God gives u d strength to bear dis loss n dat he comforts u. Accept my condolence

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by gbemmy0209: 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
gara11:
Finallyyyy!!!! It is over, After abt 3mnths. I'm glad @d outcome of dis year's result.
Pere my Love, I'm hapi for u. U fnshed wrk today n reminded me of y I love u. Wish I cld employ u to sing me to slp every night grin
Kitay, I weak for u. It was a competition n even if u didn't win, u shd @least b xcited n grateful. Congratulations to you warriii!!!
For Okiemute, I'm sincerely hapi for u. U always gave ur best n u didn't forget ur purpose of bn in d competitn. Enjoy ur trip to S.A wit praiz.

To the wonderful peeps who made dis thread a go-to place for me, I say a big fat thank you. I love u all,
Amicable, imoniyi, gbemmy0209, Tidamsel, shugacane, sleepyeyez, jasmine21. n to those I fail to mention, pls forgive me. Hope we get bk togeda for d nxt season

Samhay, u made dis thread more intwstin n i hope u get to c our msgs. Thanks 4 ur contributions to d thread n for all d time u made me laff. I pray God gives u d strength to bear dis loss n dat he comforts u. Accept my condolence

Thanks @gara11. U've bin wonderful, active and on point.

Will miss all the gists and thoughts..

God spare our lives beyond next season.

Hugs kiss
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by Thawarplay(m): 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hmm.... Okemutie deserve it. I give it to her after her PC Iya mi. That girl really tried to make me cry... I can't just watch it when Mama J is crying. I closed my eyes....! And she and kitay has been the only one making this season better...reason why I don't like this season is cause it's predictable but there are some outstanding performance by just 3 people out of many. From Day 1 to end. And we can also Argue that Elizabeth didn't get that position cause of people's vote. Likewise okemutie. I don't believe it's the fans but I know she deserves it. Olamide don talk am awon Eni to shey talent show ti mo e ni tan ma choose... And they choose the person they know will be there ambassador. One of the reason why why kitay is not chosen As winner or 1st runner up.

I haven't watch the Grand finale though....

I will miss yall and some moments from the season. When I'm bored I do watch the MTN projections at the Auditions and Winner Clown performance

I think the next TV reality show I will be watching next is Dance with Peter. And coke studio
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by luvmijeje(f): 5:13am On Sep 26, 2016
gara11:

It's only you and amicable that called out Kitay for all his antics. But if a woman have attempted half of what Kitay have done, you would have the seen demonisation bandwagon in full force and na women go be at the forefront leading the charges.

People are already calling that gentle, soft-spoken and insecure (at least in the beginning) Elizabeth names all becos she dare to believe more in herself.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by amicable09(f): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
Lol. I'm in good spirits this morning and won't want to start a war of words with anyone. You should have asked what I meant when I spoke about South Africa's history. But that's past tense now.

Rather than just 'accommodating' other Africans like you said, tell your people to do well to integrate immigrants into the very fibre of the society. You hear?

Hope you read about the story of the man who named his dog Buhari in Nigeria? Did you see the commotion it caused? Who and what sparked it? A non Nigerian! who claimed a Nigerian man was spiting his father by naming his dog Buhari. That immigrant dragged a full citizen to Prison! That can only happen in Nigeria.

So friend, I'm not cut out for the 'why', I don't give a hoot about other country's hostility towards Nigerians, because I know the problem is with them and not us.

That's all for now. If you want to understand the word 'accommodate' very well, come and live in Nigeria if you aren't already doing so. We'll give you the full definition.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by amicable09(f): 7:59am On Sep 26, 2016
imoniyi:

Studying public health .. Seriously what Nigerians are doing here, some tho. They fear us like we dey GBA them stuffs like that sha. D thing was only in one part of South Africa, it was a misunderstanding oo. The attack, the misquoted one king like that
Lol @ what some Nigerians are doing there.

Oh! conflicts will always arise when people are misunderstood. I'm glad there's relative peace now and so far we've heard nothing to cause us to worry again. Otherwise, I would have asked for your immediate return grin. You are too fine to be running and hiding in a place where you are not wanted.

Public health is a very good course. I know someone who studied it in ABU, Zaria. When you're done please come back home and bless us with the knowledge.

Wishing you success in your studies.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by enemmo(f): 8:30am On Sep 26, 2016
gara11:

Amen o.May God keep us till then,especially with the way Nigeria is looking now.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by imoniyi(f): 9:32am On Sep 26, 2016
amicable09:

Lol @ what some Nigerians are doing there.

Oh! conflicts will always arise when people are misunderstood. I'm glad there's relative peace now and so far we've heard nothing to cause us to worry again. Otherwise, I would have asked for your immediate return grin. You are too fine to be running and hiding in a place where you are not wanted.

Public health is a very good course. I know someone who studied it in ABU, Zaria. When you're done please come back home and bless us with the knowledge.

Wishing you success in your studies.

Thanks jare . oshe amicable. Can u send me your number pls. One year is too much to chat with u again.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by amicable09(f): 11:27am On Sep 26, 2016
imoniyi:

Thanks jare . oshe amicable. Can u send me your number pls. One year is too much to chat with u again.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
You're welcome dearie.
But....

You have asked for a hard thing *sobs*
How do I send you my number? That's one thing you won't find on any thread on NL. Because you have asked though, I'll give it to you. cheesy
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread by petiteee(f): 11:28am On Sep 26, 2016
aalangel:
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (Reply)

Power TV Series Fan Thread: STARZ / Watch Nigerian Movies Online For Free / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free..,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.