Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,535 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

What Survey Plan Is All About - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Survey Plan Is All About (21898 Views)

How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged / Importance Of Survey Plan / Help:- How Many Plots Of Land Is In This Survey Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Survey Plan Is All About by johnca(m): 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2016
A Survey Plan is a document that measures the boundary of a parcel of land. It gives an accurate measurement, description of the piece of land and contains the following information: the name of the owner of the land surveyed, the address or description, the size and the drawn out portion as mapped out on the survey plan document. Other information that a survey plan contain includes: the beacon numbers, the Surveyor who drew up the survey plan and the date it was drawn and a stamp showing that the land is either free from government acquisition or not. So how and why does one chart a survey plan in Lagos?
The major reason why a survey plan is charted is to get what is known as a Land Information. Before a transaction is consummated over a plot of land, it is always advisable to Chart the Survey Plan presented for the land to basically find out whether it falls under government acquisition or not and as well authenticate the claim of ownership to the land. While Charting a Survey Plan can be done by private individuals or organisations, it is also one of the procedures involved in the issuance of Certificates of Occupancy or Governor's Consent to persons who have applied for them at the Lagos State Land Bureau.
The procedure for Charting a Survey Plan starts with obtaining an Application Form for Land Information and Payment Advice from the Accounts Department of the Office of the Surveyor General at No.87 Awolowo Way, Ikeja. For survey plans that carries a single name the fee for charting it is N10, 000 and N1, 000 for development levy, while the fee for one that carries Mr. and Mrs. is N20, 000 and N1, 000 for development levy.
The next step is to go to the designated banks stated on the payment advice, pay and obtain original receipt with teller and then submit them along with the following documents at the front desk office of the Surveyor General's Office: the completed application form for land information and a copy of the survey plan. A file for the application is then opened at this stage.
From the front desk office, the file is sent to the Accounts Department for verification of receipts of charting and endorsement. If cleared, the file is sent to the Records Unit for proper confirmation / screening of red copy. An Officer in the Records Unit scrutinizes the red copy side by side with the applicant's copy. File is then sent to Charting Room to ascertain the status of the property (acquired or free from government acquisition) and execute a composite plan to affirm the authenticity of ownership. The Officer in Charge of Charting does the verification and confirmation of charting and the sends the result (a Land Information Certificate) to the Director of Coordination, Transactions and Records Department for final clearance. At the final stage, the result is sent to the front desk office for filling and a text message is sent to the applicant to come and pick up the Land Information Certificate. On the average, the entire process takes between a month and two to complete.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by mufutau55(m): 3:45am On Jul 23, 2016
How or what is the process to verify if the Survey you are given is a RED COPY version. Thx.

Hajji M.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Dvera671(m): 6:39am On Jul 23, 2016
engineers get in here
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by adesegun121(m): 6:40am On Jul 23, 2016
grin grin

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by idolda: 6:42am On Jul 23, 2016
Following
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by realomonile: 6:43am On Jul 23, 2016
wink wink

grin grin grin

A plot of land located at Akesan Lagos state Along Lasu iyana iba going for 1.5m negotiable

Direct seller...

Serious buyer should call/whatsapp 08085310359,

Hello Nairalanders, i have this land facing Lasu iba express way all round fenced for sale at rate of 70million Naira Negotiable,

Available document: Family Receipt, survey plan,

Side attract: facing expressway, close to Lagos state university, close to Iba New site estate and alot more

NOTE: This is dry Land...

Good for filling Station, churches, shopping mall,event center,schools and lot more..

Serious Buyer should contact Whatsapp 08085310359 For inspection or call 08033588797

1 Like

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 23, 2016
Dvera671:
engineers get in here
Surveyors, mapping, GIS and geomatics tech/engineers are very important. They make the job of engineers a lot easy.

1 Like

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by danowena: 6:52am On Jul 23, 2016
@ Johnca,

This is a good one but always try to quote ur source otherwise it is plagiarism. You got this from a 2015 article on castles magazines' website : http://www.castles.com.ng/magazine/article/AGENCY%20PRACTICE%20/1048

The article has not explained why the cost of survey plans differs from area to area (especially in Lagos state).

6 Likes

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by sathel(m): 6:53am On Jul 23, 2016
Interesting..........[quote][/quote] wink
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by haffaze777(m): 6:54am On Jul 23, 2016
Yeah dis is thread for us (NIS)
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by lonelydora: 7:06am On Jul 23, 2016
Good one.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by aftatechbiz(m): 7:20am On Jul 23, 2016
...And the survey plan allows the Architect & Engineer to know where and how to place the designed structure.

Check out this 5 bedroom duplex built in ibadan: https://www.nairaland.com/3075906/construction-5-bedroom-duplex-ibadan
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by HomeOfMe(f): 7:28am On Jul 23, 2016
What are people who test the quality of land/soil to know if it's suitable enough for building called?
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by MVLOX(m): 7:29am On Jul 23, 2016
Survey is one of the most underrated jabs in town but one of the most lucrative. I remember doing my IT at a survey company. Mehn I so travelled and learn both on the field and 3 good software programs. And yes survey took me to were I have always wanted to be ''Ecravos''

5 Likes

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by seunlayi(m): 7:30am On Jul 23, 2016
Correct info @op

1 Like

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Mushood: 8:01am On Jul 23, 2016
HomeOfMe:
What are people who test the quality of land/soil to know if it's suitable enough for building called?

There is no land/soil dat is unsuitable for building purposes, but I think u are trying to ask for "Geologist" those are d pple dat specialize on nature of soil.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Damolux01(m): 8:33am On Jul 23, 2016
How much do I need to survey an acre of land in Ile-Ife, Osun state? I have two acres tho'

1 Like

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by HomeOfMe(f): 8:42am On Jul 23, 2016
Mushood:

There is no land/soil dat is unsuitable for building purposes, but I think u are trying to ask for "Geologist" those are d pple dat specialize on nature of soil.
What about lands that are swampy? I hear if not properly sandfilled,it's not adviceable to build on them.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Niiade(m): 8:43am On Jul 23, 2016
mufutau55:
How or what is the process to verify if the Survey you are given is a RED COPY version. Thx.

Hajji M.

I haven't heard of a red copy version of a survey plan.

I know after a survey has been done it should be submitted for Red Copy at Surveyor-General's office and a report used to filed the plan is accordingly stamped and recorded showing that a red copy has been submitted.

It's that report that shows if it has been filled. If you want to know if the red copy has been submitted, firstly you ask the surveyor and secondly you demand proof of red copy submission to the surveyor-generals office.

1 Like

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Niiade(m): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2016
Damolux01:
How much do I need to survey an acre of land in Ile-Ife, Osun state? I have two acres tho'

Kindly seek out registered surveyors and don't use quacks.

If you need one, I can ask on your behalf.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Larryfest(m): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2016
Aluminum roofers here pls help! How much will it cost me to roof my 3bedroom flat + a mini flat? Have being given a quotation of 550k and by my measurement the building is approx 60m in lenght by 20m breadth dnt know how the roof is measured thou....
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Damolux01(m): 8:55am On Jul 23, 2016
Niiade:

Kindly seek out registered surveyors and don't use quacks.

If you need one, I can ask on your behalf.
can't I go to their office and get it myself?
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by TruthHurts1(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2016
Thanks for this johnca. What I would like to know is will a Survey Plan become invalid if it is not charted?
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Niiade(m): 9:23am On Jul 23, 2016
Damolux01:
can't I go to their office and get it myself?

Yes you definitely can, ensure you get a registered surveyor that the most important detail needed.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by DEAFandDUMB(f): 9:40am On Jul 23, 2016
Following...
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by jazinogold(m): 10:04am On Jul 23, 2016
HomeOfMe:
What about lands that are swampy? I hear if not properly sandfilled,it's not adviceable to build on them.
you can buy but it will cost more money building on it, if the soil is bad, you may require piling or raft foundation.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by jazinogold(m): 10:05am On Jul 23, 2016
Kindly contact me for your soil testing survey and geophysical ground water exploration survey.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by alstacs(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Double Post[b]Double Post[/b]Double Post
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by alstacs(m): 10:25am On Jul 23, 2016
I love this thread as this as something similar has been troubling me for some time. I Was trying to process certificate of occupancy for a plot of land in Nasarawwa state and I was asked to submit "Final Survey" along with all the other necessary documents as the State Geographical Information System Office.
I had a site plan which I showed them but they said it is different. In fact I was shown a booklet as an example of "Final Survey".
I went round all architects and builders I know, but they don't seem to understand what I was saying.
When I went back to the Land Processing office, they said they could get someone to handle it for me for 200k.
Please, does anyone know what exactly they want?

1 Like

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Miahs: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2016
All the same yes, it the final survey to be produced by a Registered Surveyor allowed to practise in Nasarawa state ,You can call me (08133230404) i can help you work it out in that aspect.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by congi(m): 11:48am On Jul 23, 2016
realomonile:
wink wink

grin grin grin

A plot of land located at Akesan Lagos state Along Lasu iyana iba going for 1.5m negotiable

Direct seller...

Serious buyer should call/whatsapp 08085310359,

Hello Nairalanders, i have this land facing Lasu iba express way all round fenced for sale at rate of 70million Naira Negotiable,

Available document: Family Receipt, survey plan,

Side attract: facing expressway, close to Lagos state university, close to Iba New site estate and alot more

NOTE: This is dry Land...

Good for filling Station, churches, shopping mall,event center,schools and lot more..

Serious Buyer should contact Whatsapp 08085310359 For inspection or call 08033588797
You never sell this land? I smell scam....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

"As A Guy You Should Already Own A House At 21" - Slay Queen / PHOTOS: Rain Destroys Houses And Cars In Ekiti / Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.