Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

What Survey Plan Is All About - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Survey Plan Is All About (21931 Views)

How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged / Importance Of Survey Plan / Help:- How Many Plots Of Land Is In This Survey Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by timpaker(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2016
Is this not the same as TDP?
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by alstacs(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2016
Miahs:
All the same yes, it the final survey to be produced by a Registered Surveyor allowed to practise in Nasarawa state ,You can call me (08133230404) i can help you work it out in that aspect.
what's your location please and let's chat on WhatsApp.
I'll send you a pm.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by ahmedonia4real(m): 1:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
johnca:
A Survey Plan is a document that measures the boundary of a parcel of land. It gives an accurate measurement, description of the piece of land and contains the following information: the name of the owner of the land surveyed, the address or description, the size and the drawn out portion as mapped out on the survey plan document. Other information that a survey plan contain includes: the beacon numbers, the Surveyor who drew up the survey plan and the date it was drawn and a stamp showing that the land is either free from government acquisition or not. So how and why does one chart a survey plan in Lagos?
The major reason why a survey plan is charted is to get what is known as a Land Information. Before a transaction is consummated over a plot of land, it is always advisable to Chart the Survey Plan presented for the land to basically find out whether it falls under government acquisition or not and as well authenticate the claim of ownership to the land. While Charting a Survey Plan can be done by private individuals or organisations, it is also one of the procedures involved in the issuance of Certificates of Occupancy or Governor's Consent to persons who have applied for them at the Lagos State Land Bureau.
The procedure for Charting a Survey Plan starts with obtaining an Application Form for Land Information and Payment Advice from the Accounts Department of the Office of the Surveyor General at No.87 Awolowo Way, Ikeja. For survey plans that carries a single name the fee for charting it is N10, 000 and N1, 000 for development levy, while the fee for one that carries Mr. and Mrs. is N20, 000 and N1, 000 for development levy.
The next step is to go to the designated banks stated on the payment advice, pay and obtain original receipt with teller and then submit them along with the following documents at the front desk office of the Surveyor General's Office: the completed application form for land information and a copy of the survey plan. A file for the application is then opened at this stage.
From the front desk office, the file is sent to the Accounts Department for verification of receipts of charting and endorsement. If cleared, the file is sent to the Records Unit for proper confirmation / screening of red copy. An Officer in the Records Unit scrutinizes the red copy side by side with the applicant's copy. File is then sent to Charting Room to ascertain the status of the property (acquired or free from government acquisition) and execute a composite plan to affirm the authenticity of ownership. The Officer in Charge of Charting does the verification and confirmation of charting and the sends the result (a Land Information Certificate) to the Director of Coordination, Transactions and Records Department for final clearance. At the final stage, the result is sent to the front desk office for filling and a text message is sent to the applicant to come and pick up the Land Information Certificate. On the average, the entire process takes between a month and two to complete.

How much does it really cost to obtain survey plan ? I have 2 plots of land at agbowa.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by gbodimowo(m): 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nice post let me stay here
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by alstacs(m): 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
Miahs:
All the same yes, it the final survey to be produced by a Registered Surveyor allowed to practise in Nasarawa state ,You can call me (08133230404) i can help you work it out in that aspect.
are there licences in various states for surveyors?
are you a surveyor?
where are you licenced to practice?
how is this Final Survey different from Site Plan?
why do you think they charge 10,000 to 20,000 in Lagos and the boys in the NAGIS would like to charge 200,000 naira per plot?
how much do you charge per plot?
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by olaboy1: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oh goodness what a country, even a brain surgery doesn't take this bogus process. We will continue to remain backward as long as we put all the time and energy in what should take 5 mins to look up online. This is total bull shit and waste of time and resources just to check who owns a piece of land.
How did we get here wasting months on this shit when we should be building space ship with that time

Ahmed pls let me know how much survey cost for that axis o. I get land for Agbowa also. They said its gonna cost me like 100k survey and 50k documentation.

1 Like

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by horladmejy(m): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
Op is it same way to get C OF O? In lagos? And how much cover am? How to get C OF O and it's details with price
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by jydeskill1(m): 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
Please OP, how can I get another survey paper? I lost d one I did for my land in ikorodu 2010.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by beehollah: 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
EUC HOMES LTD IS OFFERING LANDS FOR SALE AT LOW PRICES TILL AUGUST 31st, 2016. ALL IN IBEJU LEKKI ALONG LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE (NEW LAGOS). GET A PLOT OF LAND FOR AS LOW AS #1.5M TO #3M.

1. ROCKVILLE COURTS
Immediate Physical Allocation
Along Lekki Free Trade Zone
1km from Dangote Refinery
#3M - per plot
#1.5m half plot
TITLE - Global C of O
Initial Deposit of #1.4m
950,000/per month
3months Installment Plan

2. UPTOWN COURTS
1mile from Dangote Refinery
#2.5m per plot
#1.3m half plot
TITLE - Global C of O
Initial Deposit of #1m
950,000/monthly
3months Installment plan

3. SANDFIELD COURTS
#3M - per plot
#1.5m half plot
TITLE - Global C of O
Initial Deposit of #1.4m
950,000/per month
3months Installment Plan

4. BROOKSVILLE COURTS
Ibeju-Agbe Town, Ibeju-Lekki
By New International Airport
#2.5m per plot
#1.3m half plot
TITLE - Gazzette
Initial Deposit of #1m
950,000/monthly
3months Installment plan

5. CHERRY WOOD COURTS
#2m per plot
#1m half plot
TITLE - Global C of O
Initial Deposit of #1m
650,000/month
3months Installment

6. LAGOON COURTS
#1.5m per plot
#850k half plot
TITLE - Gazzette
Initial Deposit #600k
600,000/ month
3months installment.

7. HAMPTON COURTS
Onosa, Ibeju-Lekki
15mins drive from Ajah
#1.5m per plot
#850k half
TITLE - Gazzette In Process
Initial deposit of #600k
#600,000/ month
3month installment plan

For further enquiries, land inspection, please call ; 08106006415 (Abiola)
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by beehollah: 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
EUC HOMES LTD IS OFFERING LANDS FOR SALE AT LOW PRICES TILL AUGUST 31st, 2016. ALL IN IBEJU LEKKI ALONG LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE (NEW LAGOS). GET A PLOT OF LAND FOR AS LOW AS #1.5M TO #3M.

1. ROCKVILLE COURTS
#3M - per plot
#1.5m half plot
TITLE - Global C of O
Initial Deposit of #1.4m
950,000/per month
3months Installment Plan

2. UPTOWN COURTS
#2.5m per plot
#1.3m half plot
TITLE - Global C of O
Initial Deposit of #1m
950,000/monthly
3months Installment plan

3. SANDFIELD COURTS
#3M - per plot
#1.5m half plot
TITLE - Global C of O
Initial Deposit of #1.4m
950,000/per month
3months Installment Plan

4. BROOKSVILLE COURTS
#2.5m per plot
#1.3m half plot
TITLE - Gazette
Initial Deposit of #1m
950,000/monthly
3months Installment plan

5. CHERRY WOOD COURTS
#2m per plot
#1m half plot
TITLE - Global C of O
Initial Deposit of #1m
650,000/month
3months Installment

6. LAGOON COURTS
#1.5m per plot
#850k half plot
TITLE - Gazette
Initial Deposit #600k
600,000/ month
3months installment.

7. HAMPTON COURTS
Onosa, Ibeju-Lekki
15mins drive from Ajah
#1.5m per plot
#850k half
TITLE - Gazette In Process
Initial deposit of #600k
#600,000/ month
3month installment plan

For further enquiries, land inspection, please call ; 08106006415 (Abiola)
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by mufutau55(m): 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
Niiade:

I haven't heard of a red copy version of a survey plan.

I know after a survey has been done it should be submitted for Red Copy at Surveyor-General's office and a report used to filed the plan is accordingly stamped and recorded showing that a red copy has been submitted.

It's that report that shows if it has been filled. If you want to know if the red copy has been submitted, firstly you ask the surveyor and secondly you demand proof of red copy submission to the surveyor-generals office.

Red Copy means "RECORDED COPY".
Most people just carry around survey papers, but not recorded.
Are you a Surveyor sir?

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by stevebent(m): 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
MVLOX:
Survey is one of the most underrated jabs in town but one of the most lucrative. I remember doing my IT at a survey company. Mehn I so travelled and learn both on the field and 3 good software programs. And yes survey took me to were I have always wanted to be ''Ecravos''
hi. Could you pls give me your contact? I need your help concerning my IT
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by AbooTasleemah1(m): 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
HomeOfMe:
What are people who test the quality of land/soil to know if it's suitable enough for building called?

Geotechnician, Geotechnics is a branch of Engineering Geology
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by AbooTasleemah1(m): 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
HomeOfMe:
What about lands that are swampy? I hear if not properly sandfilled,it's not adviceable to build on them.

Not just sandfilled, else your building will be subjected to settlement which will eventually leads to cracks if lucky and later collapse...

What they do is Stabilization, suitable geomat is applied to such soil, not necessarily cement but that is what most people used or are aware and/or exposed to
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by MVLOX(m): 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2016
stevebent:
hi. Could you pls give me your contact? I need your help concerning my IT

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by stevebent(m): 1:48am On Jul 24, 2016
MVLOX:

thank you
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by igbanbajo(m): 4:28am On Jul 24, 2016
johnca:
A Survey Plan is a document that measures the boundary of a parcel of land. It gives an accurate measurement, description of the piece of land and contains the following information: the name of the owner of the land surveyed, the address or description, the size and the drawn out portion as mapped out on the survey plan document. Other information that a survey plan contain includes: the beacon numbers, the Surveyor who drew up the survey plan and the date it was drawn and a stamp showing that the land is either free from government acquisition or not. So how and why does one chart a survey plan in Lagos?
The major reason why a survey plan is charted is to get what is known as a Land Information. Before a transaction is consummated over a plot of land, it is always advisable to Chart the Survey Plan presented for the land to basically find out whether it falls under government acquisition or not and as well authenticate the claim of ownership to the land. While Charting a Survey Plan can be done by private individuals or organisations, it is also one of the procedures involved in the issuance of Certificates of Occupancy or Governor's Consent to persons who have applied for them at the Lagos State Land Bureau.
The procedure for Charting a Survey Plan starts with obtaining an Application Form for Land Information and Payment Advice from the Accounts Department of the Office of the Surveyor General at No.87 Awolowo Way, Ikeja. For survey plans that carries a single name the fee for charting it is N10, 000 and N1, 000 for development levy, while the fee for one that carries Mr. and Mrs. is N20, 000 and N1, 000 for development levy.
The next step is to go to the designated banks stated on the payment advice, pay and obtain original receipt with teller and then submit them along with the following documents at the front desk office of the Surveyor General's Office: the completed application form for land information and a copy of the survey plan. A file for the application is then opened at this stage.
From the front desk office, the file is sent to the Accounts Department for verification of receipts of charting and endorsement. If cleared, the file is sent to the Records Unit for proper confirmation / screening of red copy. An Officer in the Records Unit scrutinizes the red copy side by side with the applicant's copy. File is then sent to Charting Room to ascertain the status of the property (acquired or free from government acquisition) and execute a composite plan to affirm the authenticity of ownership. The Officer in Charge of Charting does the verification and confirmation of charting and the sends the result (a Land Information Certificate) to the Director of Coordination, Transactions and Records Department for final clearance. At the final stage, the result is sent to the front desk office for filling and a text message is sent to the applicant to come and pick up the Land Information Certificate. On the average, the entire process takes between a month and two to complete.

Bookmarked
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Dbisector(m): 6:51am On Jul 24, 2016
johnca:
The poster must be a surveyor, can you help a learning surveyor in achieving dream. Thanks
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by alstacs(m): 10:58am On Jul 24, 2016
olaboy1:
Oh goodness what a country, even a brain surgery doesn't take this bogus process. We will continue to remain backward as long as we put all the time and energy in what should take 5 mins to look up online. This is total bull shit and waste of time and resources just to check who owns a piece of land.
How did we get here wasting months on this shit when we should be building space ship with that time

Ahmed pls let me know how much survey cost for that axis o. I get land for Agbowa also. They said its gonna cost me like 100k survey and 50k documentation.

bros, I feel you oh. Nigeria is a place where normal processes are shrouded in secrecy to the point of empowering peddlers, agents and frauds. why do you think there a lot of touts at the airports, licencing offices, immigration, embassies etc....
We need to change the orientation of this country and the way government does business. I pity customer service officers in banks that have to explain the same process over and over to hundreds of people on a daily basis just because they aren't ready to package ethereal information and alow people decide where they will go and how they will go about it.

1 Like

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Mushood: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
HomeOfMe:
What about lands that are swampy? I hear if not properly sandfilled,it's not adviceable to build on them.
In a swampy area, it is not the sandfilled that the structure will rest on, rather such foundation is going to be raft or pile depending on how bad the soil is, hope u get me but u may not understand wat I mean by raft or pile cos it's Engineering jargon.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by realomonile: 6:37am On Aug 16, 2016
congi:

You never sell this land? I smell scam....

what do you mean by scam?
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by idris01(m): 5:27am On Dec 29, 2016
Am interested.
Any proofs?

idrab4all@yahoo.com
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by eazyway212: 4:24pm On May 29, 2017
For your soil tests ; contact me, Engr. Ezekiel@ 08060244464.....We deliver in all types of soil tests
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by mrcas: 11:06am On May 24, 2018
@johnca does it mean if the land passes land bureau it will have a stamp stating it is free from govt acquisition?
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Rubbiish(m): 11:39am On May 24, 2018
mrcas:
@johnca does it mean if the land passes land bureau it will have a stamp stating it is free from govt acquisition?
I thought the survey plan is to state if it is free from govt. acquisition sir?
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by samoskyz: 8:15pm On May 24, 2018
Port Harcourt!!!
We supply all kinds of building materials to construction sites within and outside rivers state port harcourt, like sharp sand, 30 tons of chippings, 9 inches blocks, 6 inches blocks, 5 inches blocks without hole, hardcore stone, stone base zero 50, trailer load of cement which is 900 bags. And we deliver before payment. Price list: Sharp sand 30k, Hardcore stone 50k per trip, Stone base zero 50 200k for 30 tons, 30 tons of chippings 260k,  9 inches block 160 naira per block,  6 inches block 130 naira per block,  5 inches block without hole 150 naira per block, Trailer load of cement which is 900 bags 2.350 million naira.
All our supplies comes directly from its source. We deals with both individuals and companies (construction companies, developer and etc.. )
Call us today on 08069801335 or 08159309557 For an order... a trial will definitely convince you and remember that "integrity is our watchword".

Regards,
Samuel.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by mrcas: 7:19am On May 25, 2018
@johnca but a land can jst be survey without a stamp to prove its free frm govt acquisition. maybe unregistered surveyors claiming

1 Like

Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by Sidmac: 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2019
Large Acres of Land at Itamerin Junction, at Ife-Ilesha expressway, Ile-ife, Osun state very close to the expressway, good for Industry, Church, Hotel, Event Centre, Camping, Schools etc with good and accessible road networks.
Title: Survey layout and family receipt and Agreement
Price: 300k per plot
1.8M per acre
For Inspection contact
Sidmackonsult
tel 07038696233,
sidmackonsult1@gmail.com
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by SteveUg(m): 7:00pm On May 01, 2020
Please I want to ask a question pardon my grammar...
If someone rebuys a land and d land is being surveyed by a surveryor who's suppose to hold the original copy of d survey plan?
Someone bought a land dat has been sold before but the surveyor is saying the original survey plan is supposed to be with the govt .
Please let the professionals in the house enlighten me.
Re: What Survey Plan Is All About by johnca(m): 8:51pm On Jan 23, 2022
I think some people still need to read this

(1) (2) (Reply)

Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria / Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished / "As A Guy You Should Already Own A House At 21" - Slay Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.