Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Movie Recommendation Thread - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Recommendation Thread (15062 Views)

Any Recommendation For Free African Films On Youtube Or Irokotv? / Tv Programs In Nigeria - Any Recommendation? / Home Video Recommendation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ZuluNation(m): 12:57am On Dec 09, 2006
Nobody is going to be able to top this. The best movie ever made in my opinion of cause is Rudy I'm grown but every time I watch that movie, it just brings tears to my eyes. And let's not forget Forest Gump another movie I'll never get sick of.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by lauryn(f): 1:00am On Dec 09, 2006
White Chicks and Lil Man grin grin grin
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:01am On Dec 09, 2006
Rudy is for sissy males and so is Forrest Gump. Overrated garbage.

I will never forgive The Academy for giving the Oscar to that garbage over Pulp Fiction AND Shawnshank Rdemption. angry
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ZuluNation(m): 1:04am On Dec 09, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

I will never forgive The Academy for giving the Oscar to that garbage over Pulp Fiction AND Shawnshank Rdemption. angry

I don't believe you dogging on my movie thief. shocked shocked shocked Did you just call Rudy a sissy movie, girl we gone have to take this outside angry
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:06am On Dec 09, 2006
You just said you cried, did you not?

SISSY cheesy
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by lauryn(f): 1:09am On Dec 09, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

I loved Shawshank redemption, twas a very good movie
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by nilla(f): 1:13am On Dec 09, 2006
hello people,

Movies I'd recommend are as follows:
Kung fu hustle - its totally hillarious. its a chinese movie thats dramatic, comedic and also has a lil bit of broadway act to it. (ofcourse there's kung fu in it too  grin)
Bounce - thats like one of my greatest love movies of all times. Gywneth Paltrow and Ben Afleck are in it.
Gladiators - a great epic.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ZuluNation(m): 1:14am On Dec 09, 2006
Come on now thief what's wrong with a dude crying? I'm just in touch with my feminine side at times. But I'm not sissified please.

shocked shocked shocked Omg I'm gone regret saying this
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by lauryn(f): 1:17am On Dec 09, 2006
ZuluNation:

Come on now thief what's wrong with a dude crying? I'm just in touch with[b] my feminine side at times[/b]. But I'm not sissified please.

shocked shocked shocked Omg I'm gone regret saying this

Twas only a matter of time! I knew U were gon confess and accept ur sexuality grin grin grin. I said it grin grin grin grin
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:17am On Dec 09, 2006
I beg put that sissified side back into the closet. e jo, sir

I wouldnt even bother you if say better movie made you cry. had to be rudy? tongue

see Lauryn knows what's up. cheesy

Nilla, I was gonna suggest Kung Fu Hustle as well! That's a great and hilarious movie. Lol. grin
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ZuluNation(m): 1:20am On Dec 09, 2006
Thief do you want to take this outside angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry cheesy
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ZuluNation(m): 1:23am On Dec 09, 2006
I see thief and Lauryn just want to dog on me tonight cry cry I'll leave now, My feelings are hurt
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:24am On Dec 09, 2006
Just dont wet your bed with tears, Mr Zulu man grin
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by lauryn(f): 1:25am On Dec 09, 2006
I cant believe the kitten, Zulunation, signed out grin grin grin grin grin
It's only ur feelings that are hurt??, no shit!!! grin grin sissy
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ZuluNation(m): 1:49am On Dec 09, 2006
Na watin I do you this night Lauryn, anyways I'm done crying cry cry
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by iice(f): 3:52am On Dec 09, 2006
@thiefofhearts, Bigbsy or rather the guy who plays him is a favorite of mine, he's normally psychotic in his movies, love him!!

Imma have to go with thiefofhearts on this one, Forrest gump, nice movie but really not my thing, i'd rather go with pulp fiction lol. Seems we have similar tastes in movies.
Gladiator, i absolutely adore, am a sucker for men in skirts grin grin

If your into Vamps, i'l suggest 'Shadow of the Vampire' Simply hilarious. Wilhem Dafoe is amazing
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by gbadex1(m): 6:58am On Dec 09, 2006
Another of me horrors -> DUSK TILL DAWN SERIES (absolutely hilarious), and THE WISHMASTER.

then let's get 2 the drama side -> ANTWOINE FISHER, then this lovely movie: Saving Private Ryan.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2006
@thiefofhearts Houston there is a problem!! got the movie la haine, but it is in FRENCH!!!! still watch it to see if i could interpret the story. but hardly could. dont understand why the cops were all over their community so often. anyway i know its gonna be on showtime at 4:15am on dec. 15

Where is my good friend IIce. miss her chill cool
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by rikkyjen(m): 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2006
Few good men still ranks as my alltime best
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2006
lmao you are complaining about La Haine being in french, hm were they speaking English in City Of God, ? wink
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by nilla(f): 12:42am On Dec 11, 2006
Another good movie is Boondock Saints
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 1:00am On Dec 11, 2006
yeah. this did not have subtitles. duh!!! tongue
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:00am On Dec 11, 2006
what the hell. It's supposed to have subtitles, undecided

Lmao no wonder you're complaining.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by iice(f): 2:43am On Dec 11, 2006
I watched Fearless without subtitles lol but it wasnt that bad, i got the gist of it. @gbade, From dusk till dawn movie is one of my favorites too, i drooled over George Clooney in that one. His tattoos were killing. It was hilarious especially QT's problems. Salma Hayek was damn hot!! lol

@Jammin, gettin hot? Don't worry il set the temperature to chilling grin
Amelie is another good movie. Audrey Tatou is incredible.
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 3:39am On Dec 11, 2006
@ IIce. is'nt fearless the same movie Hero? not too sure. but i know i watched it. did'nt like how it ended. wanted him to get back to the peaceful place where he had found himself.

Amelie?? think i had miss that on the cable. not sure. these days cant even sit down and scratch my ba***s grin
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by iice(f): 3:54am On Dec 11, 2006
No, hero and fearless are different movies lol

jammin:

Amelie?? think i had miss that on the cable. not sure. these days can't even sit down and scratch my ba***s grin

shocked tongue grin
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by jammin(m): 4:11am On Dec 11, 2006
so thats it? not gonna say what Amelie was about?? the idea behind the thread is to give a review of a movie that you had seen and like/dislike. you just gave me Amelie and then disappeared. And i am not afraid of you anymore smiley
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by iice(f): 4:31am On Dec 11, 2006
Whatt??!! You were afraid of lil ol' me? grin grin grin

Amelie's about this girl (amelie) who was like controlled and sheltered and thus to make things interesting, she tended to take trips into fantasy or you could say she had funny interesting flights of fancy. . .
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by lauryn(f): 5:08am On Dec 11, 2006
Hey iice!
It's been a minute, how's u doing?
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by iice(f): 5:14am On Dec 11, 2006
Twinnie long minute no see oh. You con ask question run log off angry angry lol.
Men i just dey busy these days cannot imagine why lol. How u masef dey?
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by lauryn(f): 6:43am On Dec 11, 2006
sister, abeg no vex o, petrol finish for my pc naim make. By d way, Congrats!!
Re: Movie Recommendation Thread by gbadex1(m): 9:41am On Dec 11, 2006
@iice:

yeah Hero was another good one. Will be looking out to cop Fearless though.

Anyone seen Shinobi? Didn't really like it. The fight scenes/choreography had too many ojoro in it. But storyline was superb.

Ok, another's Jet Li's Unleashed. Movie's good and storyline's very meaningful but you could get bored with the dialogue in the middle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Censors Board Raids Alaba Market, Seizes Pirated Films / Star Quest 2010. How Do I Register? / Actor-pete Edochie Falls To Death In Austria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.